Route 39 Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 39, Istanbul, Turkey

Shared bathroom should be better lighted.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Spain

We arrived at 2.00 AM (late flight) Nobody was there . We stuck around 30 minutes until some kid opened the door. I suggest to arrive to the hostel before 22:00.

• 16th May 2015
  • Ukraine
  • All Male Group, 25-30

When its too late you should send us e-mail. .So we can wait for you happily... Sometimes we need sleep and rest ...So next day we can give you the best service

SMELLY AND DIRTY. I wouldn't recommand this hostel. Even if the location is good, the staff - often drunk - is not very sympatic. The rooftop is nice, but you're are not allowed to drink there, not even a single beer. They prefer sell there own beer twice the price you can get in the little shop downstairs. Plus, they 'close' the rooftop for no reason at night. The dorms are cheap, but the beds are not confortable. The common bathroom, for guys and girls, is always dirty and smells.

We try to clean as much we can the dorms. and wcs ...about staff ... after the shift is over they have right to drink with guests... because hostel is not like hotels... our guest is our friends. the beer in market we sell 9 tl... that we have to pay beautiful terrace rent and expenses... Thank you for suggestions and complains ... we gonna be better fixing our problems.

Nice place, for best price in good location

You are nice person with good character... Nice to meet you... Have a good trips in your life

great location, ambient and facilities in this place! the staff is friendly and so cool, you can use the kitchen and there are coffee & tea facilities during the day great terrace & view from istanbul!

Thank you very much Martin... you are cool guy. We gonna miss you... holla coca cola

I stayed here for less than a day... basically rented a bed to crash on for seven hours. That said it was a great spot! Staff was super friendly, the rooms were very clean and well kept, and the bathrooms immaculate. Also in a great location on the hillside of Besiktas close to good bars and great views.

Cheap room but not super comfy, beds are a bit hard. Hostel is clean but a bit damaged. But still a good plan for traveller who doesn't want to spend much money in accomodation.

• 1st Jan 2015

The staff was drunk. But anyway they were kind.

BED BUGS. The other guests staying in my room were also bitten badly. When we asked staff if they knew about bed bugs, they said no, it was definitely mosquitoes. I did not see a single mosquito, and the bugs stayed with me for 4 days after I left. I had HUNDREDS of bites all over me. The showers had mould in them, there was not enough lighting in the bathrooms or rooms, and the staff are constantly smoking which made my luggage smell. They should tell guests about the 2 dogs living there.

Despite a no smoking sign in the reception area the staff would smoke throughout the day. Smoke doesn't bother me but the rudeness does. Beds incredibly uncomfortable, luckily a better one came free for my second night. Little atmosphere, lots of locals unwilling to interact with other guests. The terrace is really nice however were very rudely asked to stop drinking there after we had been mislead by a notice in very poor English. Kitchen is grotty. Cheap but find elsewhere!

This place belongs to the staff, and is set up so that the staff feels at home. How the guests feel, nobody cares.

afIt is hard to describe what kind of vibe this place has. Some may find it not so nice but we kind of liked it. Location was really good anood the staff was friendly enough. Street next to room was noicy and sometimes it was hard to get sleep because of that. Views from the rooftop terrace were really nice.

Dear Hostelbookers. When I have arived with my family to Route 39 hostel, the receptionist told us that he can not see our booking on his computer. Then called someone, and they have confirmed that they can not see our booking. We were there 6some(+one person booked through booking.com later on) waiting for our room. We have been asked to pay the full price instead of the deal, what I have got 10 months before our arrival. We get an untidy room wthout bedding and towels. I am very disappointed.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Great location, pretty good value, engaging staff, but not much love put into keeping it in top shape. Having read the comments on HostelWorld and emailing them in advance about smoking (which I hate), it smelt. Even though they post a bunch of signs saying ‘no smoking’ the staff are always constantly continuously permanently smoking. So even the smell of cigarettes comes up to the 6th floor. That’s not an easy fix, but it’s fully in the hands of the staff to stop.

Good hostel! Would reccomend. Not the best facilities, but its a nice placr to stay.

this was my 2nd time at the hostel because I really loved the place. the portuguese guy, the skinny pretty girl (I wanna marry her) , the greek guy, the blonde and the japanese cute girls ... =) all awesome. ps: someone please kick off the tattooed arm guy. the fake blond haired .... he doesn't know how to treat people . despite him, the place and the people are amazing =)

Value for what you pay here is low. They charge a conversion fee that is higher (for us, mid July they converted the amount in euro that we owed for our booking using 1 euro: 3.2 lira). Elswhere, the rate was 2.8. We brought this to their attention and were told we could leave but the other hostels used the higher rate too. Not true. We found a better hostel. Also 9 lira for beer on rooftop and you cant bring your own-a 50% markup on beer prices from the corner store across the street. Dirty too

we exchange money by central bank rates. Not black market rates...yours sincerely

Better staff I`ve ever met ! The nice pretty skinny girl is kind and atentious. The place is good besides the excessive sloped location ... what is not their fault inasmuch as the whole city is like that. Clean and secure as well.

Good hostel! I had a Nice stay there !!! The girl that works on the recepción ar night is very friendly and helpful. Good athmosphere!!!

Is difficult to find the hostel using the informations from the site. I have bem stoled there, someone catch my watch from my locker and no one care about it. The mix bethroom has a transparent door and everyone can see you taking shower. The staff are good and the room is clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7