Route 39 Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 39, Istanbul, Turkey

Good location, easy tram ride to Sultanahmet district and five minute walk from Taksim square. Safe and clean. Radiator wasn't working properly so it was a little bit cold when the temperature outside dipped and it started snowing.

Мы приходим - парочка Абрам и Сарочка - жить собрались за 8 евро в общем номере. А нам человек на ресепшн говорит: как вы там будете жить? там одни парни и полки только вторые! а вы такие уже пожилые, как залезать наверх будете? Мы говорим - все ок! Залезем, не боимся ничего. В итоге - настоял. И жили за те же деньги, в отдельном маленьком номере с видом на Босфор далеко в окошке. Спасибо, другу на ресепшн!

Pretty good hostel a bit out of the centre, easy tram ride in You pay for what you get so definitely not very fancy or anything-was a bit smelly (smoke, dust etc) however great free breakfast, comfy begs, towels provided. The showers are pretty average the water drips out and often runs out all together. Staff are helpful however come across very disengaged and disinterested Overall good hostel to base yourself in Istanbul If you want to save money

We enyoed our stay so much, that we are still in the Hostel. Since 2 weeks. The Hostel is very clean. The common area is on the rooftop, with a nice view. There is breakfast in the morning and a bar in the evening. Sometimes they organize BBQ parties there. The stuff is really nice, they are like a little family and every guest is welcome to join this family.

• 29th Sep 2015

Staff is nice! The place isn't nothing fancy - rather stripped down actually - but its very clean.

Tell the truth, If I want to come back to Istanbul, absolutely I will to this Hostel, Why? I lost my Swedish keys, its value was around of 2500 SEK, I guessed it should be there, but I was not sure, when I went after four days, the administer gave it to me, now I'm very happy that I was there.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Shared bathroom should be better lighted.

We arrived at 2.00 AM (late flight) Nobody was there . We stuck around 30 minutes until some kid opened the door. I suggest to arrive to the hostel before 22:00.

• 16th May 2015
  • Ukraine
  • All Male Group, 25-30

When its too late you should send us e-mail. .So we can wait for you happily... Sometimes we need sleep and rest ...So next day we can give you the best service

SMELLY AND DIRTY. I wouldn't recommand this hostel. Even if the location is good, the staff - often drunk - is not very sympatic. The rooftop is nice, but you're are not allowed to drink there, not even a single beer. They prefer sell there own beer twice the price you can get in the little shop downstairs. Plus, they 'close' the rooftop for no reason at night. The dorms are cheap, but the beds are not confortable. The common bathroom, for guys and girls, is always dirty and smells.

We try to clean as much we can the dorms. and wcs ...about staff ... after the shift is over they have right to drink with guests... because hostel is not like hotels... our guest is our friends. the beer in market we sell 9 tl... that we have to pay beautiful terrace rent and expenses... Thank you for suggestions and complains ... we gonna be better fixing our problems.

Nice place, for best price in good location

You are nice person with good character... Nice to meet you... Have a good trips in your life

great location, ambient and facilities in this place! the staff is friendly and so cool, you can use the kitchen and there are coffee & tea facilities during the day great terrace & view from istanbul!

Thank you very much Martin... you are cool guy. We gonna miss you... holla coca cola

I stayed here for less than a day... basically rented a bed to crash on for seven hours. That said it was a great spot! Staff was super friendly, the rooms were very clean and well kept, and the bathrooms immaculate. Also in a great location on the hillside of Besiktas close to good bars and great views.

fortunately i got single room due to fully occupied beds in dorms.

Cheap room but not super comfy, beds are a bit hard. Hostel is clean but a bit damaged. But still a good plan for traveller who doesn't want to spend much money in accomodation.

• 1st Jan 2015

The staff was drunk. But anyway they were kind.

BED BUGS. The other guests staying in my room were also bitten badly. When we asked staff if they knew about bed bugs, they said no, it was definitely mosquitoes. I did not see a single mosquito, and the bugs stayed with me for 4 days after I left. I had HUNDREDS of bites all over me. The showers had mould in them, there was not enough lighting in the bathrooms or rooms, and the staff are constantly smoking which made my luggage smell. They should tell guests about the 2 dogs living there.

Despite a no smoking sign in the reception area the staff would smoke throughout the day. Smoke doesn't bother me but the rudeness does. Beds incredibly uncomfortable, luckily a better one came free for my second night. Little atmosphere, lots of locals unwilling to interact with other guests. The terrace is really nice however were very rudely asked to stop drinking there after we had been mislead by a notice in very poor English. Kitchen is grotty. Cheap but find elsewhere!

This place belongs to the staff, and is set up so that the staff feels at home. How the guests feel, nobody cares.

afIt is hard to describe what kind of vibe this place has. Some may find it not so nice but we kind of liked it. Location was really good anood the staff was friendly enough. Street next to room was noicy and sometimes it was hard to get sleep because of that. Views from the rooftop terrace were really nice.

Dear Hostelbookers. When I have arived with my family to Route 39 hostel, the receptionist told us that he can not see our booking on his computer. Then called someone, and they have confirmed that they can not see our booking. We were there 6some(+one person booked through booking.com later on) waiting for our room. We have been asked to pay the full price instead of the deal, what I have got 10 months before our arrival. We get an untidy room wthout bedding and towels. I am very disappointed.

• 13th Oct 2014