Route 39 Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 39, Istanbul, Turkey

Despite a no smoking sign in the reception area the staff would smoke throughout the day. Smoke doesn't bother me but the rudeness does. Beds incredibly uncomfortable, luckily a better one came free for my second night. Little atmosphere, lots of locals unwilling to interact with other guests. The terrace is really nice however were very rudely asked to stop drinking there after we had been mislead by a notice in very poor English. Kitchen is grotty. Cheap but find elsewhere!

This place belongs to the staff, and is set up so that the staff feels at home. How the guests feel, nobody cares.

afIt is hard to describe what kind of vibe this place has. Some may find it not so nice but we kind of liked it. Location was really good anood the staff was friendly enough. Street next to room was noicy and sometimes it was hard to get sleep because of that. Views from the rooftop terrace were really nice.

急坂がちょっとキツい。キッチンはキレイですが食器が少ない。私が泊まったベッドはダニがいたようで何ヵ所か刺されました…。トルコでは珍しく犬を飼ってます。

Great location, pretty good value, engaging staff, but not much love put into keeping it in top shape. Having read the comments on HostelWorld and emailing them in advance about smoking (which I hate), it smelt. Even though they post a bunch of signs saying ‘no smoking’ the staff are always constantly continuously permanently smoking. So even the smell of cigarettes comes up to the 6th floor. That’s not an easy fix, but it’s fully in the hands of the staff to stop.

Good hostel! Would reccomend. Not the best facilities, but its a nice placr to stay.

Très mauvaise expérience! sale, bordélique et surtout 3 douches pour 3 chambres de 8 personnes sans parler des portes de douches transparentes pour 24 personnes (mixte) ascenceur et terasse fermés à partir de 1h du matin c'était sympa de descendre les valises du 6eme étage ! merci

this was my 2nd time at the hostel because I really loved the place. the portuguese guy, the skinny pretty girl (I wanna marry her) , the greek guy, the blonde and the japanese cute girls ... =) all awesome. ps: someone please kick off the tattooed arm guy. the fake blond haired .... he doesn't know how to treat people . despite him, the place and the people are amazing =)

Tès bien située ( près de Taksim) et proche des transports public et le prix de la nuit est bas. En revanche, la propreté laisse à désirer: les sanitaires vieillots et mal entretenus, cabines de douche avec portes transparentes et mixte (du coup pas très agréable de prendre une douche) . La terrasse est sympa mais elle est fermée la nuit et impossible de ramener des boissons. La cuisine est sous équipée et du coup presque impossible de cuisiner.

• 31st Jul 2014

Value for what you pay here is low. They charge a conversion fee that is higher (for us, mid July they converted the amount in euro that we owed for our booking using 1 euro: 3.2 lira). Elswhere, the rate was 2.8. We brought this to their attention and were told we could leave but the other hostels used the higher rate too. Not true. We found a better hostel. Also 9 lira for beer on rooftop and you cant bring your own-a 50% markup on beer prices from the corner store across the street. Dirty too

we exchange money by central bank rates. Not black market rates...yours sincerely

Better staff I`ve ever met ! The nice pretty skinny girl is kind and atentious. The place is good besides the excessive sloped location ... what is not their fault inasmuch as the whole city is like that. Clean and secure as well.

Good hostel! I had a Nice stay there !!! The girl that works on the recepción ar night is very friendly and helpful. Good athmosphere!!!

Is difficult to find the hostel using the informations from the site. I have bem stoled there, someone catch my watch from my locker and no one care about it. The mix bethroom has a transparent door and everyone can see you taking shower. The staff are good and the room is clean.

El hostal bien por el precio que pagamos, el baño limpio. Eso sí, mucho ruido y un recepcionista con muy pocas ganas de trabajar.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Recommend staying here. Great value for money. Could do with a oven and microwave in the first floor kitchen

Short but great stay at Route 39. Very good security and close to public transport.