Route 66 Hostel Reviews

1012 Central Ave SW Suite, Albuquerque, USA

I was checked in by a very rude guy, who became hostile and insulting when I wasn't familiar with their check-in procedure.. Also later on some old guy approached me on the porch and started questioning me about my travel, the hostel etc. After some time the check-in guy stormed out and scared the guy away, without providing any explanation. I spent the rest of the night wondering if I was on the radar of some crazy guy. It was the first time ever that I felt neither welcome nor safe in a hostel

The staff was very helpful, family like. They were always available when needed and made things easy for us. The room was clean and the place was close to everything by foot.

• 24th Jun 2014

Enjoyed my stay. Staff were very helpful and obliging. The house itself is quite old but I suppose it does have character. Floors in the men's dorm are really creaky so it is difficult not to disturb someone sleeping. Its an easy walk to downtown or the historic old town, alternatively the bus stop is close.

Great atmosphere and staff. Only thing would be the beds which were a little uncomfortable. Everything else was great though :)

Theres one of the girl that was working the night shift she was really rude, but Tom is really nice :)

floors are really really squeaky which is loud at night. other than that the place was great.

It's too bad that such a great old house is not being maintained better.

• 11th Apr 2014