Fabulous 174 Total Reviews
Fabulous 174 Total Reviews
Route 66 Hostel Located at 1012 Central Ave SW Suite, , Albuquerque.
USA
Albuquerque New Mexico 87102 1012 Central Ave SW Suite
80% 174
35.0866371 -106.6588323
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
28th Aug 2016
4.9

- Only 1/3 of the staff I spoke to were close to 'friendly', 'acknowledging', or polite. - When I arrived I was greeted by a homeless man peeking through the wide open dorm Windows. (Not their fault, technically, but it's not a good thing) - The small kitchen needs a bucket full of elbow grease and 5 gallons of bleach before I'd consider it fit for human consumption - Imagine a similar comment as above but for the bathrooms. - The beds were loud and uncomfortable

20th Aug 2016
8.0

I'm glad I stayed, but glad my stay was short. Staff was excellent, house rather funky. The city is superb.

• helenoleynik9759
  • USA, Female, 31-40
19th Aug 2016

Nice good-old hostel. I've stayed there a lot and most likely will stay again. a safe cheap place to spend a night. the building is old, so kitchen and bathrooms COULD BE cleaner.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2016
6.0

Not the worst hostel but could deifnitely be better. It's in a very old house so everything's a bit run down. Beds in dorms are super uncomfortable, no air conditioning. However there is a decent breakfast included, it's a good location and the guys on the staff are great! Plus it's the only hostel in Albuquerque.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016

The staff - particularly Angel - looked after me when i really needed it most. She was patient and kind and lovely. The dorm room was empty when i arrived, cool, clean and comfortable. They provide lots of free resources like cereal and fruit and are the nicest staff i've met in a long time. My stay here was great and it's a really close walk to downtown and oldtown. 10/10

• USA, Female, 41+
13th Jun 2016

As with most places the experience is mostly about the staff. Route 66 hostel has one of the nicest staff members I've ever met!! He was visiting with guest when I arrived, he checked me in and gave me the tour. The hostel has a lovely front porch where guest and staff could visit. He gave me dining advice and richly increased the pleasure of my stay! I don't remember his name but the host/staff was from PA.

27th May 2016

Run by a cool set of wonderful people, only needs a little update and bit more care and attention. Will certainly come back.

• carloslazarini
  • Brazil, Male, 25-30
11th Apr 2016
4.0

I do recommend this hostel if you're trying to top your list of the world's worst hostel.