Rowan Tree Hostel Reviews

Harmony Row, Co. Clare, Ennis, Ireland

Wonderful place to stay. Close to everything and feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Highly recommended.

• 13th Apr 2014

I have stayed here before and will do so again. Not too many hostels in the world where you can sit and play music with the night porter into the wee hours. For some reason hot water seems to be scarce on Thursdays and Sundays. It happened on my previous stay too. Strange. No big deal tho'. Just have a luke warm one or wait until the next day... This is a bit of a bummer, but I have no difficulty in recommending staying there. As I have already said, I'll be staying there again :)

Excellent location, friendly staff, I do feel that their 'best hostel in Ireland' status is far from accurate, however. There were bits of mould on the roof, the water wasn't particularly hot and (I'll admit that it was a Saturday evening) they were a bit pricey for what it was. We went with Rowan Tree because of the rave reviews but honestly not as good as we were expecting.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

We had a very nice stay in this hostel. Beds and rooms were clean and the bathrooms were also pretty good. Staff at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. And the breakfast was definitelly enough. (Especially seeing as they advertise it as a light breakfast.) You had to clean your own dishes, but I have seen that in a lot of hostels before and don't have a problem with it. All in all a wonderful experience and I would recommend it.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very well run, excellent location, clean and quiet. Very helpful staff if you need information on day trips etc. Kitchen facility is top notch.

We got a free upgrade to a private room, I think because we were traveling off-peak and no one was really there. Staff was great!

The water pressure in the shower was too low, so the showering was a little bit uncomfortable.

Thanks a million for taking the time to review us, we are very sorry if your shower had low water pressure if you had made us aware of the problem when you were here we would have rectified it immediately. We have checked the room and shower and have found no problem but we will have the plumber double check just in case. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Great place to stay, Ennis is a small town so everything is really close, staff is awesome, the food on their cafe is good, super clean, good breakfast. Would come back any time.

Rowan Tree Hostel has excellent facilities, is very well kept and ideally situated to the City centre of Ennis. The staff is always helpful, competent and friendly.

Thanks a million for your great review, we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here in the centre of Ennis which is "Ireland's Friendliest Town" and the home of Irish traditional music. We hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again soon. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Best hostel I have stayed at in a long time. Very safe, friendly staff, great location, free international calls. Loved it here

Thanks a million for your fantastic review, we have a great crew working here with us and were chuffed that you loved Rowan Tree Hostel and we hope to see you back again soon. Regards from all the team

Love the Rowan Tree. So clean, so comfortable and so close to town centre. Been staying here with friends for 3 years and everyone loves it.

Thanks a million for your lovely review, we love to see ye coming back every year for the Ennis Book Club festival and we really appreciate the business. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

The only issues I had was with the other guests staying, a group of young people who were throwing a party until 1 in the morning, setting off the fire alarm several times by using the fire escape and being extremely disruptive and out of hand. I had to get up out of bed at 1 AM to complain to the staff. They took care of the issue immediately but it's too bad that the issue wasn't taken care of earlier in the night and without my having to ask. Part of my labeled food in the fridge was missing.

• 17th Feb 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us.It was actually steam from a shower that had been left on that set off our fire alarm and our super efficient fire system releases all fire doors when this happens. Unfortunatley by the time our night receptionist had done all the necessary fire and saftey checks that we require, the group of disruptive guests had disturbed you. But as you know our night receptionist dealt with this very effectivley. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

I can't stress too much how clean the hostel was. Very impressive and the staff were very helpful.

• 30th Nov 2013

Thanks a million for your great review, we are all tying our best and our housekeepers are very good at their job :)) Thanks again and we hope you get to come back and visit us soon. Nollaig shona dhuit! from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Lovely hostel. So spotlessly clean and really nice people staying there. Ennis is a great town for music and this hostel is close to everywhere. Staff at reception are very helpful.

Thanks a million for you great review, we are very fortunate to be located in the center of Ennis the home of traditional Irish music and we have lots of musicians staying here with us on a regular basis. Nollaig shona dhuit ! (Happy Christmas) from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Beautiful hostel. great views, nice common rooms. It was quite cold when I visited in December, especially in a few of the upper levels, but otherwise great.

Great location right on the river. Very helpful staff, excellent breakfast spread and very well maintained property! Definitely recommend.

Thanks a million for your great review, we are constantly trying to improve our service and we really appreciate your feedback and recommendation. Happy Christmas from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Always a lovely time staying here. Thanks to Terry for getting the fire started in the evenings :)

Thanks a million for your very nice review, We like our comforts here and our lovely wood burning stove is very popular during the Irish winters !! Terry will be delighted with your review and we may have to buy him an extra pint this weekend :)) Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel.

Love this place! Terry at the front desk was fantastic, took great care of us musicians. I will absolutely stay here every time I come to Ennis. Fond memories.

• 7th Nov 2013

Thanks a million for your great review !! We do our best to take of all our guests and we are very fortunate that many musicians choose to stay with us here in "Irelands Friendliest Town" and the home of Traditional Irish Music, Terry will be delighted with your review. Thanks again from all the team @ Rowan tree Hostel

I have stayed in the Rowan Tree many times now. Every time it is excellent with great facilities, friendly and helpful staff and pleasant, clean rooms. Excellent value for money too. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and, if you are visiting you should also check out the Rowan Tree Cafe Bar for top quality restaurant food. Best to book if you can though as it tends to get busy.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Thanks a million for your great review, we are delighted that you keep returning and consistently have a great experience !! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff were really friendly and helpful, the hostel itself is spacious, bright and clean. Two small quibbles: the Internet only works in the lobby and is a bit sketchy even there, and the heating throughout the building appeared to be non-existent. It was quite chilly. Other than that, I will definitely go back again!

We're delighted you consider us the best hostel you've ever stayed in ! We were awarded best hostel in Ireland 2009,2010,2011 and we're trying our best for 2013. We have just upgraded our wifi to the fastest in Ireland, it is currently only available on the ground floor but over the winter we will be making it available on all floors and still FREE Our heating is zoned and timed at reception and is adjusted according to temperature. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel