Superb 1,544 Total Reviews
Superb 1,544 Total Reviews
Rowan Tree Hostel Located at Harmony Row, Co. Clare, Ennis.
Ireland
Ennis Clare Harmony Row, Co. Clare
91% 1544
52.8462104 -8.9822888
    Rooms available

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
17th Nov 2016
7.7

Nice big room for a double bed private ensuite. The bathroom was clean and had a space heater which was nice. The shower water pressure was so hard it hurt, and would get the floor wet. We were unfortunately on street level by the crosswalk so all we could hear was the beeping. Breakfast was basic but decent. They don't offer tours to the Cliffs of Moher as advertised on the website. Make sure to triple check bus schedules so you don't get stuck at the Cliffs for 6 hours! Overall a good place.

• England, Male, 41+
11th Nov 2016
5.7

I asked for an en-suite room and was allocated to stay in room 208 which was a disabled access room, and very unusable en-suite, shower was too open, no shelving in the bathroom to place toiletries near to the sink or shower, and the sink was far too small to wash and shave with water falling off arms onto the floor. The edges of floors near the shower and sink were covered in mould. No mirror in the bedroom for my wife to dry her hair. Only one chair so one of us had to sit on the bedroom.

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Nov 2016

Stayed for the weekend and loved it - a proper home away from home! The staff were really friendly and accommodating. The facilities were great, clean and the breakfast included was a nice luxury for me (frequent budget traveller). There was plenty of common space with a lovely cosy atmosphere, and a great space to meet other travellers. Would highly recommend - one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Can't wait to go back! Only (very tiny) down side - searching for electricity sockets!

• Spain, Male, 31-40
8th Nov 2016

I always stay at the Rowan Tree hostel while visiting Ennis. The Rowan Tree is right near the center of town and an easy walk to visit the many shops and pubs in the area. The staff made me feel at home. I would definitely recommend!!!

31st Oct 2016

Such a nice hostel but as I stayed there it was nearly empty which made my stay... boring! Hostel itself has great location by the river and is very clean and well equipped. Also the restaurant next door is very cozy and serves good pizza...

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
24th Oct 2016

My friend, our daughters and their three college friends loved staying here! The rooms were clean and attractive and the front desk staff welcoming. The location was perfect - right downtown and on the river that flows through Ennis. We will book there again when we are in the area.

23rd Oct 2016

Great stay, no problems. 10 minute walk from the bus station.

16th Oct 2016

Rowan Tree Hostel in Ennis was the best hostel I stayed at during my two weeks in Ireland. It is centrally located in a beautiful town, close to many restaurants and pubs, and the private room I was staying in was clean, spacious, and had a balcony with a great view of the river. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and provided us with a map marked with when and where to find traditional music being played across town.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
13th Oct 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at Rowan Tree Hostel! Especially the staff was very friendly!

• Israel, Male, 41+
7th Oct 2016

I was very happy with The Rowan Tree in almost every respect. One bit of criticism - in the en-suite bathroom, the washbasin is extremely small and there is no shelf to place your toiletries.