Rowan Tree Hostel Reviews

Harmony Row, Co. Clare, Ennis, Ireland

Very nice hostel! Great location, close to the town centre, very clean and the staff are very helpful. Also received a lovely cake in our room as a welcome which was very cute and an excellent touch :)

Thanks a million for your very nice review, we are very lucky to be in a great location beside the river Fergus in the centre of Ennis, we are delighted that you enjoyed our little welcome gift from our Cafe Bar next door. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

I really enjoyed my stay at the Rowan Tree Hostel especially the nice atmosphere. The only thing that bothered me a bit is that the wifi was down for two of the days I was there but the staff were very friendly and tried to help as much as possible :)

Thanks a million for your very nice review, we are sorry that our wifi was down but we were upgrading our wifi to fibrenet which now provides us with the highest speed wifi in Ireland 70mbs. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

I had a totally pleasant visit here with a friend, but neither of us could quite figure out how it had been rated one of the best hostels in the world. Everything was good but nothing was extremely unique. Additionally when we asked the staff about getting to the Cliffs of Moher the woman working at the desk told us we essentially had to take a 40 euro tour to get there, which isn't true in the slightest. Luckily I had researched online before so we took the public 15 euro bus instead.

Thanks a million for reviewing us.Our nomination for best hostel in the world in 2014 is by guests who reviewed us on Hostelworld.com. There are a lot of unique features about our hostel including the building which is a fully restored 1740's former Gentlemans Club, "Clare County Club" which is also located in a beautiful location over looking the river fergus and 13th century friary.Daytours to the Burren and cliffs are €30 and public bus to the cliffs only is €16.Regards from Rt team

It's an amazing hostel!

Thanks a million for your very nice review and we hope you have an opportunity to come and stay with us again soon !! Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Friendly and efficient (if a little impersonal) hostel right in the heart of Ennis. From the stone patio behind the door you can see the ruins of the Franciscan Abbey, and you are a three minute walk from many pubs with excellent music. The locals are all very proud of the hostel - if you mention that you are staying there, they will all say - "Ah - it's as good as a hotel, is it not?" The hostel also hosts a wide variety of ages - I saw young back-packers and older couples side-by-side.

Thanks a million for taking the time to review us :)) Sorry if you felt our service was a little impersonal but maybe as it was during the annual Fleadh Nua traditional Irish music festival we were a little bit under pressure as we were full to capacity. We are proud to do our bit for our local community which is what makes Ennis not just the home of traditional music but also Ireland's Friendliest Town we are also delighted to welcome both young and young at heart guests. Regards RTH

Rowan Tree is a beautiful and modern hostel. Great service and friendly staff. I very much enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend staying at this facility.

Thanks a million for your great review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Great place,Ill stay with you again

Thanks a million for your lovely review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Ennis. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

This was our first stay in a Hostel. We stayed in the Rowan Tree with our parents who are in their 70's and our two children, 19 and 22. Our daughter has been studying abroad and stayed in many hostels and this was her idea. We did agree but were a bit nervous about it. It turned out to be quite fun and the facility was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful, they have a nice restaurant on site, and it was walking distance to everything.

• 19th May 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thanks a million for your very nice review. We are delighted that your first hostel experience was with us and that all of your family had a great time. We get a lot of first timers here and we have a great mix of young and young at heart who often say that it will not be their last hostel experience. Our restaurant is also very popular with guests and locals who also feel that they are on holidays when sitting overlooking the majestic river Fergus. Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

The Rowan Tree Hostel was a very nice place to stay, everything was clean and the breakfast was deliciously good! We just stayed there for a night but would come again every time again. Thanks for hosting us!

Stayed in a twin room, great value for money. We were very satisfied with this hostel and would defiantly stay again!

great location, good basic clean & comfortable place to stay

• 4th May 2014

I had a brilliant time! It was like a giant sleepover :) I would recommend to EVERYBODY!

• 2nd May 2014

“Good hostel, nice town Ennis.

This is a fantastic hostel big spacious and immaculate throughout. All the facilities you could wish for and more. Loved the old town house feel and the River Fergus flowing gracefully past my window. This hostel is by far a cut above the many international hostels I have stayed at.

I have experienced hostels with way better WiFi service, as in Rowan Tree Hostel you only have WiFi on the ground floor... For the price we found that kind of inappropriate.

• 20th Apr 2014

spent there one night. everything was perfect. friendly staff, modern rooms & clean. little breakfast was also included, so good value for money. i was very unlucky that i've been there on good friday, so all the pubs were closed. the only negative thing i have to mention about the hostel is that the WiFi was not available in the rooms. But that is something you can work on ;-)

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful staff and lovely room (stayed in a private double). Breakfast was limited but free. The hostel is located in a great spot in a lovely town.

Wonderful place to stay. Close to everything and feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Highly recommended.

• 13th Apr 2014

I have stayed here before and will do so again. Not too many hostels in the world where you can sit and play music with the night porter into the wee hours. For some reason hot water seems to be scarce on Thursdays and Sundays. It happened on my previous stay too. Strange. No big deal tho'. Just have a luke warm one or wait until the next day... This is a bit of a bummer, but I have no difficulty in recommending staying there. As I have already said, I'll be staying there again :)

Excellent location, friendly staff, I do feel that their 'best hostel in Ireland' status is far from accurate, however. There were bits of mould on the roof, the water wasn't particularly hot and (I'll admit that it was a Saturday evening) they were a bit pricey for what it was. We went with Rowan Tree because of the rave reviews but honestly not as good as we were expecting.

• 5th Apr 2014