Royal Guest House Reviews

91Eo, Street 154, Sangkat Phsar Kandal 2, Daun Pen, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

God location and fine rooms but staff friendliness isn't a thing, no breakfast included either. Deluxe double was adequate but perhaps not worth the price. Good wifi.

Fantastic facilities / room, but the staff were not so friendly and we found food (noodles, red beans, some type of syrup) under the bed / stuck to the floor. There were lots of ants in the room! Also, the cooking in the restaurant was terrible! I loved the Cambodian food, but... my friend's chicken was so tough she found it hard to cut, and my garlic dish had a really bad combination of spices. Overall, though, it was a comfy bed and a really nice room. I wouldn't stay again, but it was okay.

I stayed in the room up the tiny staircase, sometimes it was not lit up, and kinda creepy going up there alone. The staff seemed very concerned with money, charging for everything, trying to charge extra at times for things (ie: I ordered a coffee, then after, ordered the breakfast that included the coffee, yet I was still charged for the coffee because I had ordered it separately, about two minutes apart....really??? )

Staff were awesome and friendly! Be careful at one of the darker street corners north of the guest house, as there was one time when people on a motorcycle tried to snatch a friend's purse. The locals and staff did their best to make sure the area is safe though, and responded quickly to make sure that my friend was safe and unharmed :). This is not a problem with any guest house, but something to be careful of when traveling in Southeast Asia.

Signed up for dorm as privates were unavailable for that night. On arrival, was told there were no dorms, and was shown to 4 or 5 other nearby guest houses. Settled for a 5 dollar 8 bed dorm (barely) air-conditioned. Extremely dirty, only lockable thing was a big locker (no bathroom door lock). Rating is for that "sister" guest house, plus RGH staff. It seems they don't have dorms at RGH. I saw at least two other people denied rooms later. Shady and disappointing. Beware of dorm registration.

everything was good enough. we were completely satisfied.

The room had no windows, something unacceptable according to western standards… I stayed only one night fortunately

Stayed at this Guest house on 3 different occations during Cambodia. We had 2 very good rooms and one not so good but nothing worth complaining about! The 2 good rooms we had were very big, and big bathrooms to! Its close to the river and bars and resturants, you can walk to the central market! The staff were pleasant and helpfull, they sorted our our visas and transport to vietnam without any issues! The resturant was good and served big breakfasts, the waiter was very nice and friendly.

We were really disappointed to be downgraded from the room we had booked to one with no AC or hot water. Being on the 5th floor meant it was too hot to sleep at night and carrying our luggage up was hard work. The staff were otherwise helpful, spoke good English and the hostel was in a good location. I would probably pay more to stay somewhere nicer if I went back to Cambodia. The wifi was only accessible from the floor below us.

nice and clean guest house with central location. there is a good restaurant downstairs where you can meet other travelers. the atmosphere is notthing special but we would not mind comming back to this place.

staff very helpful. Halal restaurant nearby.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

Its ok. So many stairs. you definitly need a shower once you get to your room after all those stairs. And you dont want to forget anything or youl have to climb back up again. (the stairs wouldnt be that bad if it wasnt so hot!) Not very clean. The staff are useless. I asked one of them at the tour desk to book me a bus to Kampot. I came back a few hours later to be told that all the busses were full and i should book an extra night. I then went to a proper tour agency and got a ticket no probs!

View all Phnom Penh Bed and Breakfasts