Royal Mile Apartment Reviews

Apartment 2F2, 17 Milton Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Jon was such a friendly host and amazing storyteller with a great sense of humour. Our stay in Edinburgh would not have been so enjoyable without his hospitality. The apartment is very accessible from Waverly station/city centre by bus or foot. The place is cosy and the decor is artsy and interesting; each decorative item/design feature has a story behind it. It's definitely a great place to stay if you're in Edinburgh!

The charm of the place was that it had an arty feel to it and it was quite different to anywhere else I had stayed before. Jon was very accommodating and it really was like I was at home. Location was pretty handy too for my purposes (The Royal Mile) and overall it was a very relaxed experience.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

hi Mark, thank you so much for your excellent review. Anytime you are back in Edinburgh give us a call and come and stay again. The location here is great for Arthur's Seat and the Royal Mile. Happy you had a good time at the wedding at St.Giles Cathedral. We keep trying to improve the Apartment and any feedback is always appreciated so we can make more changes to improve the Apartment. Anyways, thanks again and Happy Christmas and a Fantastic New Year 2015!! cheers, Jon

Great Host. Excellent Bathroom. Location is fantastic and only 5-6 mins away from the base of Arthur`s Seat (using the shortcut Jon will tell you) Location is close to the Queens palace , so your in good company. Definitely worth a visit.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you Dipesh for your fab review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay so much. And New Zealand won against Scotland at the rugby maybe next time it can be a draw? :) Yeah it's really great living in Holyrood Park next to Arthur's Seat, the extinct volcano. I love living her myself as I agree this it the best location to live in, in Edinburgh. We also have the largest free parking spaces too right on our doorstep? I think possibility a gift from the Queen? Maybe? all the best & come back? Jon :)

This was the first time that I stayed in a hostel in Edinburgh and it was by far the best experience. The location was perfect, right off the Royal Mill and close to the beautiful hike to Arthur's Seat. The host, Jon, was very accommodating and fantastic. He gave a local's perspective of the best places to go and was very friendly. He really made one feel at home and welcome. I highly recommend the Royal Mile Apartments to any one staying in Edinburgh. It was wonderful!

• 14th Nov 2014

Thank you Kaitlyn for your very kind comments. And thanks for being such a warm and friendly guest. we are really happy you had a fantastic stay in Edinburgh at the apartment. And we are always striving to improve our apartments all of the time. Please recommend us to your friends and family and we hope to see you again sometime in Edinburgh. And thank you so much for leaving your lovely comments in the visitor book.... all the very best and happy trails to ya... peace and love Edinburgh, Jon

The location was amazing -- it was on a quiet street yet only steps away from Holyrod Park, the Queens palace and a breathtaking view of Aurthur's seat. All this and there was free parking on the street. The place was extremely clean. The most important part of this hostel is the host, Jon, who made everyone feel at home. One evening he played his guitar and some of the guests sang folk songs. He is a native to the city and will be only happy to share information on the city with you.

hi Thomas, Thank you for your very positive review. And a big thanks for singing Kooks by David Bowie & other songs too...I had a great time when you were here and thanks for sharing your wine and beer with everyone too. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The on street parking is great and the location is superb! I love staying here too right on Arthur's Seat doorstep and sharing Holyrood Park... when your in Edinburgh again please come to stay again. peace and love, best wishes, regards, Jon

Jon's apartment/hostel is cozy and quiet alternative to city hostels. Good location, clean, nice atmosphere, and Jon has been a friendly and accommodating host.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Greece

Thank you Dimitris for your very positive review. It was a pleasure having you stay and I wish you all the best in your new apartment in Edinburgh. All the very best, regards, Jon

Jon's little flat is perfect if you are wanting a quieter alternative to a normal hostel; it's clean, homely (we especially enjoyed the fine art and selection of tea towels) and ideally located. More importantly, Jon (the host) totally made our trip to Edinburgh. We had a very comical evening in which Jon let us dress up in all sorts of Scottish attire and told us the equally hilarious stories that went with each outfit. Thankyou so much for your hospitality Jon, we had an absolute ball! :)

• 11th Oct 2014

hello Julia (a.k.a. Jesse MacCleod) & Jordi (a.k.a. Jean Brodie) what can I say! It was absolutely delightful oor tweed and kilted theatrical excursion...am still chuckling here!! There are three types of folks in the world; 1. Spectators! 2. Participants and 3. Showstoppers! You Girls are 100% showstoppers! Thanks a million for coming to stay in ma wee youth hostel! Peace and love Always, Jon and of course..... FREEEEEDOMMM!!! haste ye back!!! a fun filled night! all the very best, peas&luv Jon

Had a great experience here! Jon went above and beyond to make this a truly Scottish stay!

hey Rory, thanks a million for your 100% rating! What can I say accept you are the best globetrotter out there man! Great to see that you are keeping it real! So throwing a 100% positive review right back to you! Sincerely hope that your week in Prague is fantastic too! Thanks for the great laugh with taking the photographs of the Kilted Revolution Theatre with the two fantastic girls from Australia. I will send them on to you by email and their posted on my Facebook Page..all the very best. Jon

View all Edinburgh Apartments