Royal Mile Apartment Reviews

Apartment 2F2, 17 Milton Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Really lovely apartment, an amazing place to live in a fantastic location - right next to Arthur's Seat !

• 9th Sep 2014

Jon was fantastic to stay with. He is very helpful and easy to work with. He helped me get a cab to the airport bus for my early morning flight. The place is nice and clean.

Nice autentic place. Really scotish.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Russia

This hostel has a BnB feeling, as it also the home of the host. The only bedroom has 4 bed (including 2 double). Nothing to do with a Very Large Hostel, this is a small, friendly place where you can meet other travelers, and of course the host. Jon is real Scottish man, very friendly, and who will happily spend an evening with the guests and his guitar. The place is about 20 minutes from where the Royal Mile crosses North Bridge, with a stunning with on Arthur's seat along the way.

Just a fifteen minute walk through a beautiful park and cobblestone roads from this beautiful boutique hostel and you are in the center of Edinburgh. It's very unique and private, warm and welcoming, quite unlike a giant hostel where everyone is a number. There are breathtaking views of Arthur's seat right next to this place, and once you meet the owner/host, Jon, you will have a true Scotsman friend for life.

Friendly atmosphere

• 23rd Aug 2014

Not recommanded to rent the room for couples in shared space.... But apart from that, original place and amazing people.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Great apartment with cozy accommodations and easy access to the beautiful Royal Mile in Edinburgh. Very helpful staff who are very willing to take extra time to advise on where to visit and what to see to ensure you enjoy your stay as much as possible.

• 22nd Aug 2014

This was our best hostel experience. The hostel staff was extermly helpfully in everyway. Weather giving advice on place to go, or tour to see, all the way to helping get back a lost passport !! It was an all around excellent experience.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Everything is good! The host who name is John was so kindly and friendly. I had a great time. Cozy conditions, convenience room and kichten. But, If you are a freely person you'd better to find another place. John is a little bit sensitive. Anyway, welcome to John's house!

• 13th Aug 2014
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Jon strived to accommodate me as well as possible, and if I could do it all over again I'd book here once more. The location is fantastic, not far from the Royal Mile, and right on top of Arthur's Seat. The hostel space was slightly small but immaculately clean and inarguably adequate for my purposes. It's a newly converted apartment --> hostel, but a great space! I doubt there's better value for money anywhere in Edinburgh.

• 8th Aug 2014

hey Elliott, Thank you for your fantastic review and all your great advice about me visiting and travelling around the USA. I might drop you an email sometime for some travel advice. Hope to see you again and all the best with your future journeying! all the very best, regards, Jon

I had a very pleasant stay here and wish I had booked earlier as this was by far the best hostel I had stayed at in Edinburgh during my stay for the festival. The host is extremely friendly and helpful, making my stay very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you for a great stay :)

• 7th Aug 2014

hey Natasha, Thank you for your positive review. And it was great to meet you and here all your adventures and stories.... keep up your good working teaching in London and your welcome to come back and stay anytime... all the best and hope to see you again soon... Jon

If you looking for unusual accommodation with great atmosphere and good price, that's the place. What is also important, you can always ask a Jon about Scotland. Flexible checkin and checkout!!!

hey Kris & Veronika, thank you for your wonderful review. And thank you for bringing some Polish songs to the house.... & excellent guitar playing too... was very nice to have a music session with you both. hope to see you both again back in Edinburgh. I am practising the Polish Classic on my guitar now..."Whisky Is My Wife" and not my Mama right? thank you again and happy onward journeys... peace and Love, J

The apartment was a good walk from the Royal Mile. The accommodation was good, but the bed was high up in the room - a climb up steep stairs (no banister rail!) No good for anyone overweight or scared of heights! The owner was very nice, but could have added some nice touches, such as put pillows & duvets on the double bed.

• 31st Jul 2014

Hi, thank you for leaving your review and we have taken onboard your positive and negative comments about the apartment and we are always improving our facilities all of the time. There was actually pillows and a duvet in the room but you both must not have been able to spot them when you returned back very late. We have acted on your comments to improve. All the very best, kind regards, Jon

The Royal Mile Apartment had everything I needed and was great value for money. Jon was a great host too, very welcoming and very knowledgeable about Edinburgh. He happily spent time showing me on a map where the nearest cash machine was and a selection of good places to eat and shop.

• 28th Jul 2014

hi, thank you so much for leaving us a 100% review. We shall keep improving the Royal Mile Apartment. And was great to meet you and anytime your back in Edinburgh please come to stay. Best wishes with everything, regards Jon.

The apartment was one of the highlights of my trip to Edinburgh , the facilities of the apartment stunned us. It is apparent that much thought was put into designing the apartment as well as topping it off with the appliances we find back at home. The best thing about this apartment was the location. It is a walk away from Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Arthur's Seat, shopping malls, in addition Jon is a very friendly and helpful host and very knowledgeable about Edinburgh and Scotland.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Egypt

Hi, Thank you for leaving a 100% review we very much appreciate it. We are always seeking to improve our service and friendly and impeccable hospitality... all the best with your onward travels and hope to see you again soon. We took onboard your advice. The Royal Mile Apartment is getting better all the time thanks to guests who leave reviews, thanks again. regards, Jon

It was a room in a guys house which I didn't realize. I was a little weirded out at first but the gentleman is nice. His bedroom is a room off of the kitchen. His apartment is at the end of the royal mile so it was a good location and free parking.

Hi, Thank you for coming to stay in the Royal Mile Apartment and for leaving a review. We appreciate your comments and we shall look to improve our service in relationship to your comments. Happy to see you liked the location and the lots of free parking in the street. Happy and safe onward journey. Best Wishes, Jon

View all Edinburgh Apartments