Royal Mile Apartment Reviews

Apartment 2F2, 17 Milton Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

SP: RECOMIENDO ESTE DEPARTAMENTO. EN: All in all an excellent experience. I highly recommend it if you like friendly human interactions. It's Jon's flat and he is a great host together with his friend Akeel. They gave me fantastic recommendations about things that otherwise I would have not known about. The place is shiny clean, quiet and very nicely designed. Location is good and beside the house there is a park and a big grassy hill, which is great to get a panoramic view of the city.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Chile

Comfortable, clean hostel with extremely friendly host called Jon. Made us feel welcome from the second we arrived. He was a source of all sorts of helpful local knowledge, and a great laugh in general. Even provided some top class entertainment when we had a jam session on the guitar on our last night! Only a short 10-15 minute bus ride from the city centre, and situated in a beautiful part of the city near Holyrood and the Royal Mile. Would def recommend it!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Awesome time! Jon was so nice and helpful. We had great sleeps and his reccomedations were great!

I enjoyed staying here. The location is good, next to Arthur's seat. It felt like staying at home.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

It is a really nice apartment with comfy beds, and a nice location (about a 20 minute walk into the centre of Edinburgh). Even though I wasn't there for sightseeing Jon gave me a lot of recommendations. It was nice to have breakfast provided and the shower was really good.

This was a nice break from the hostels the shower actually had hot water and pressure which was amazing. The kitchen had good facilities but most of the dishes were stained cleaned them before an after use and still just looked dirty

Jon goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome in his home. He is quick to offer up suggestions of places to visit and can even recommend hostels in other cities outside of Edinburgh because he has stayed in them himself. The accommodations were clean and as an added bonus included bedside USB port chargers, reading lights, privacy curtains on the bunk beds. All in all it was a wonderful stay!

Thank you Shelby so much for your fantastic review and I hopy you enjoyed your stay in Inverness. As market research as the founder of the Lighthouse Hostel in Edinburgh I made a point of staying in hostels all over Scotland and Europe. Therefore, my favourite hostel in Inverness by far is Bazpackers... I hope you got a bed in this wonderful and clean hostel!! Thank you and you were a great traveller to meet and to host - 100% for your travels, bon voyage, peace and love, Jon

JonJo was an amazing host and we really enjoyed our time with him! If you're looking to have an authentic Scottish experience, with a lovely host, this is the perfect place. It's located away from the main drag but right next to beautiful Arthur's seat and Hollyrood house, and the main part of Edinburgh is about a 10-15 min walk. Jon was a blast to spend time with, was super helpful and gave us loads of great Scottish history. Definitely will come back.

It was a interesting experience, it is an apartment where the owner lives but he is a really good guide and he will help you enjoy all your stay. If you are going to Edinburgh and you wanna experience the real Scottish friendliness you should go there :)

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Ecuador

Really great place to stay with a great host. Made us feel very welcome! Would come again for sure!!

View all Edinburgh Apartments