Royal Mile Backpackers

Fabulous 1929 Total Reviews

• jonny-b-nufc9650
  • England, Couple, 25-30
20th Apr 2017

Really nice hostel. Staff are very nice and helpful. Hostel has everything you need in the kitchen and the bathroom. The place is very clean!! Would definitely use this hostel again when we revisit Edinburgh

Hi there, thanks so much for the lovely review! Good to hear you enjoyed your time in our wee hostel and we hope to see you again some time.

14th Apr 2017

It's a pretty small place, but that makes for a nice friendly atmosphere! The rooms were very nice and spacious, plugs at every bed and two (!!!) pillows and nice mattresses. It's RIGHT on the royal mile, making everything so easy to access. Breakfast comes at a small fee, but was a good way to fill up in the morning. One staff was kind of rude but rest were great. I loved the cozy feel of this place and the fantastic location. I cannot recommend it enough. Definitely a really great find!

14th Apr 2017

Very nice. Small - only a few rooms but very cozy. There are only two bathrooms (one womens only one for both) which wasnt much of a problem even when they were fully booked. Very nice staff.

12th Apr 2017

This was the best hostel I have stayed at! The location could not be better and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. My bed was also super comfortable and each bed has a light and places to charge your devices. No free breakfast, but free hot chocolate, coffee, and tea. Great experience!

Hi there, thank you for the nice words and the good rating. We hope that some day we have you here again at our wee hostel.

• Denmark, Female, 41+
12th Apr 2017

Great location and very friendly staff.

Hi there, thanks for the lovely review - great to hear you enjoyed your time here at our wee hostel. It was a pleasure having you here!

10th Apr 2017

Very safety and well located. The bathroom and shower are very clean. The staff are great.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
8th Apr 2017

Had to leave my ID as deposit for key. Was told I had to check out at another hostel across the road because I was leaving before 6:30. I ask the staff if my ID would definitely be there to reclaim and she assured me it would. Next morning I went to the other hostel to check out and no ID. Then he looked everywhere and said he would have to call back over to my original hostel. Finally go through to someone and then I had to return to the original to get ID. Missed my Tram, late to work. Thanks

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write a few words about our wee hostel. So sorry that your ID card didn't get taken over to the other hostel and you were late for work. We had a new receptionist on who obviously forgot the procedure. Glad to see that you enjoyed everything else and apologies again for the inconvenience

24th Mar 2017

This hostel was in an amazing location. Only a 15 minute walk to most of the major sights in Edinburgh. The staff were very friendly and helpful as well. They had a full kitchen and the showers were spacious with a place to put your stuff which not all hostels have. I loved this hostel and loved this city!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2017

Cosy, chill hostel with great atmosphere. I stayed in the all female dorm and it was clean, spacious and everyone was very respectful in regards to noise. There are two power outlets at each bed which was fantastic. They also provide free soy milk for tea/breakfast which is great, as the previous hostel I stayed in didnt.

Hi there, great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.Thanks for the lovely words and the rating. Hope you get the chance to come back some time!

18th Mar 2017

The hostel is in a great location and very clean. There were two staff members, David and Jenna, who were especially helpful. I would definetly recommend this place to anyone looking to come to Edinburgh to see the sites!

Hi there, thanks for the friendly words - glad to hear you had a great time in our wee hostel. I will pass it on to David an Jeanne - I'm sure they will be happy to hear you appreciated their help. Hope to see you again some time!