Fabulous 1,877 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,877 Total Reviews
Royal Mile Backpackers Located at 105 High Street, , Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh EH1 1SG 105 High Street
89% 1877
55.9504132 -3.1862282
    Rooms available

• Slovakia, Female, 18-24
12th Jan 2017

Really cozy place with nice staff. The location is amazing, just in the city center. We enjoyed our stay in this cozy hostel and wonderful city :) Totally recommended.

4th Jan 2017

Everything was fine for my stay. When leaving was told that I was welcome to leave my bag at the hostel until later in the day if required.

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2016
6.3

£10 a night what do you expect

26th Dec 2016

Had a great stay here! The place is small and homey, best location you could want, great staff. Two pounds for a basic breakfast but free (instant) coffee and tea all day! Only weird thing to me was the two bathrooms- one "girls only" and one "guys and girls". Would definitely stay again!

Hi there, thanks for the great review - we're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. The reason for the bathroom situation is that we usually have lots more girls staying than guys and quite often girls need a bit more time in the bathrooms. Our girls' bathroom was always full and the boys' was empty before we changed it to a female and a mixed one. Hope to see you again some time!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
23rd Dec 2016

The central location was perfect, the staff were great and the whole hostel was really clean. I would definitely recommend!

19th Dec 2016

It was my second time I stayed in this hotel. This time I came with my hisband. We're already planning our next visit and it will definitely be Royal Mile Backpackers! Everything is great about this hostel, especially the atmosphere!

Hi there, thank you very much for the lovely words and the great rating. Glad the 2 of you had a good time and we're looking forward to having you back!

19th Nov 2016
2.0

The facility is very small and the staff is very unfriendly. I am a paying guest and did not underrstand there behaviour. They were telling people to clean up in a way that is not acceptable. I changed accommodation and received an email that I cannot move into the new accommodation altough no one did say anything in person to me. I was sitting in front of the reception waiting for my transfer and was approched with hard language telling me that I cannot sit there for longer (more than 1h).

17th Nov 2016

This hostel was awesome all around! Staff was very nice, kind, and helpful! The location was perfect, right in the city, very close to the Edinburgh weaverly train station and right down the street from the Edinburgh castle. I loved the fire place! The hostel environment was very chill and relaxing. There is a restaurant located right next to the hostel that you get a discount at for staying at this hostel. I highly recommend this hostel and would def. stay here again!

Hi there, thanks for the lovely words and the great rating! Glad to hear you had a great stay at our wee place and we hope to see you here again some time!.

• saltysinner975001
  • USA, Female, 18-24
3rd Nov 2016

Very nice and close to everything! The staff is lovely and the kitchen has everything one needs! Not only that but the rooms are v cute and they do laundry for 3£!! The only downsides are the noise outside from drunks until 3am, the lights blazing onto our dorm window, and the v creaky beds. Would def stay here again👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻💯

Hi there, great to hear you liked our wee hostel - thanks for the great rating! Sometimes there can be a bit of noise from outside - the downside of our location in the middle of Scotland's most famous street - sorry about that! Apologies for the creaky beds - we still have one room with the old beds but we will replace them in the beginning of the next year. Hope to see you here again some time!

3rd Nov 2016

Fantastic location, very clean and well kept. I would stay again.

Hi there, great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us - thanks for the lovely words. Hope to see you again some time!