Royal Mile Backpackers Reviews

105 High Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

I stayed there just for two days but it was such a lovely place to stay in Edinburgh. It is located right in the centre of the most important places to visit in the city, for an affordable price. Moreover, the free pub crawl organised on thursday lets you easily meet many backpackers.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Spain

Hi there, thanks for the lovely review - glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! Hopefully see you again some time!

Great hostel, centrally located on the Royal Mile, with super friendly staff. Place has very good facilities and is secure.

Hi there, thanks for the great review - happy you enjoyed your time here with us! Come back some time!

The metal bed can be uncomfortable if someone is moving a lot at night and jumps on the bed rather, gently lies down as it basically vibrates through the entire bed. Otherwise, good location, when windows are closed no sound can't be heard from the busy Royal Mile. Good location for all tourist activities, and no need to climb up anything as you are already at the top of the hill :)

Hi there, thanks for the review. We will replace the last metal beds this year and then have our solid wooden beds throughout the hostel.Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Great location, comfortable beds, place was clean and secure. Internet connection was great.

Cosy little hostel. Perfect location. Has everything you need. Would definitely recommend!

Very nice Hostel in center of Edinburgh. The Internet was awfully bad, but so it seems to be all over Scotland.

Fantastic place, great staff, great location

Excellent location on the Royal Mile in the heart of Edinburgh city centre, extremely secure and with very helpful and friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Only negative point is that common areas are a little bit small and narrow however guests can take advantage of facilities of their twin hostel which is literally across the road and offer plenty of space. Overall strongly recommended.

Hi there, thanks for the lovely review -we're happy you enjoyed your time here! Come back some time!

I really liked the place, my friends stayed in the travelodge which was ugly and souless, this hostel was wonderful, full of character and comfortable. The staff were really helpful. I would recommend it definitely.

• 26th Jun 2015

A really great experience!

Hi there, thanks for lovely review - glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back someday!

Impressed with the £11 per night price

Hi there, thank you very much for your review - glad you enjoyed your stay here with us!

Excellent location, helpful staff, large enough lockers with locks, great Wi-Fi, nice sitting area and kitchen. Tiny bathroom is my only complaint. Would definitely stay again. Thanks!

Hi there, thanks a lot for your lovely review. Glad you had a good time here - maybe come back some day!

Kitchen too small. The possibility to use another hostel facilities is given, but that's definitely not really convenient...

Hi there, thanks for your review. The kitchen of our wee hostel id quite small - sorry about that! As our big sister hostel is just across the street - less than half a minute walk away - most people are happy to use all their facilities as well, including their big kitchen. Hope you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh!

Great location. The bathroom and kitchen are all clean and tidy. But better to have more showers and stoves instead of just two. Good to have lockers in rooms and a deposit for the keys. Wifi was good throughout the dorm. The staff are friendly and helpful. I enjoyed very much meeting travellers in the common area and cooked with them! This is the best thing I enjoyed most staying in RMB.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nice small hostel. Cool atmosphere. Staff are ultra helpful and friendly. Only stayed one night though, so I didn't get a really good taste of the atmosphere.

Very small and crammed rooms. Plug points at each bed is a definite positive. Excellent location. WiFi reception in the rooms is rather average and nothing to write about. Go for it if location is important to you.

The atmosphere of the staff is very special, most fabulous conversations, always ready to cooperate. I strongly recommend this place.

Hi there, thanks for your lovely review - glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. Come back some time!

Nice Hostel, friendly staff. 6-bed-dorm was a bit small and did not seem really clean. But it was still ok, especially for lne night.

Rooms were very spacious and comfortable! Bathrooms were a little small but at least they were clean. Wifi was good throughout the rooms. Staff was a little questionable at times; I went to my room to grab a sweater and freshen up, I had a friend waiting in the common area where the staff on duty decided to excessively make out with her boyfriend while my friend sat idly by. Didn't like how we were supposed to carry around a sheet of paper, I lost mine though and it didn't matter.

Hi there, thanks for your review! I'm going to have a word with the receptionist - of course that is not acceptable - so sorry about that! The green ticket is for security reasons - we need to make sure that only guests get into the hostel - but after a short time we know most of our guests so that we don't need to see the ticket anymore. Hope to see you again some time!

For a small hostel, this one was great. The room sizes were perfect for the number in each and the common areas were quite nice. Only issue is the small number of toilets and showers, but they really can't do much about that. The area it is in (right on the royal mile) is absolutely perfect! Easy to find and close to many attractions, restaurants, and tour meeting spots.

Hi there, thanks for the nice review - glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! Come back sometime!