Royal Mile Backpackers

9.0
Superb 1961 Total Reviews

13th Jun 2017
7.7

Nice small and cute hostel in the centre of town. Room was very spacious, and very quiet too, but that's just the way I like it. Only stayed for one night, so didn't check out all the place has to offer. But for short stay travellers I would definitely recommend it.

• China, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

This hostel is feally amazing! Very gold location, easy to go anywhere! Very comfortable bed, there are 2 sockets near every bed. Definitely gonna come back!

• Finland, Female, 31-40
10th Jun 2017

The showers had much better situation with warm water than last year.

Hi there, it was lovely having you back here at our wee hostel. Thanks for the great rating. We're constantly working on improving our hostel - glad to see you noticed the better showers. Hope to see you again soon!

9th Jun 2017

BRILLIANT hostel. Best I've been to in a while, and I've been to a lot of hostels the past few months. Very clean, good lockers, helpful and wonderful staff, nice breakfast, great wifi, comfy beds, great location right on the Mile. They have it all! I wanted to stay longer! :D

Hi there, thanks for the fabulous review - great to hear you had a great stay with us here in Edinburgh! We'd love to have you back some time.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

AMAZING HOSTEL. AMAZING LOCATION. AMAZING PEOPLE!! Hair dryers and straighteners to borrow, loads of free cosmetics/toiletries in the bathrooms (some days more than others) and free food in the kitchen (again, some days more than others). Perfect location within easy walking distance to both hiking trails in the center of Edinburgh AND the most beautiful city sights. Also, the Edinburgh Pub Crawl finishes a two minute ealk away so that was mint. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL.

Hi there, we're happy to hear you had such a great time with us in Edinburgh - thanks for the lovely words! Hope to see you again some time.

4th Jun 2017

This place was lovely! In a super central location, low bed price and great dorm with a security locker, comfortable beds, hot showers and big rooms. I fell in love with Scotland and it definitely had to do with the place I was staying at, I felt incredibly safe...one downside...I did have a friend with me but otherwise I didn't think it was that social. But I 100% recommend it and would love to go back and stay!

Hi there, thanks for the lovely review! It's great to hear you had a good time in our wee hostel. Sorry the atmosphere wasn't that social when you were here! In small hostels some days everybody really clicks and it's easy to meet new people and on other days people prefer to keep to themselves. Hope to have you here again some time!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2017

The Royal Mile Backpackers was so good!! All the staff were soo friendly. The hostel is very small but it wasn't a problem! The wifi is really fast and accessed from all the rooms. The bathrooms are small but clean and enough to make no waiting line. The view from the rooms is incredible, straight down the Royal Mile, therefore the location is perfect, in the Centre! Only thing is the noise from pubs below but wasn't much of problem. Felt very safe here and didn't need to use the lockers in room

Hi there, thanks for the lovely review and fantastic rating. We're happy to hear you had a good time with us. Sorry about the noise from the Royal Mile - the downside of our central location. Come back some time!

• an_tonyrmt
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
31st May 2017

The location of this hostel is definitely convenient. You're able to get to all major tourist attractions by foot. The rooms are on the smaller side, but the atmosphere is quite warm and cozy. The staff are very helpful and friendly. During my stay, this place was relatively clean, especially the washrooms which is a big deal to me.

Hi there, good to hear you enjoyed your stay at our wee hostel. Thank you for the good rating and kind words. Our rooms come in all different sizes - sorry yours was a bit smaller. Hope to see you here again some time!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
28th May 2017

Enjoyed my stay. Great location and the newly refurbished superheroes room was really nice! It's a bit noisy at night, but that's the trade off for being right in the heart of the old town I guess! Bring some earplugs and you'll be fine. I'd definitely stay again.

• maikeklein3652
  • Germany, Female, 25-30
28th May 2017

Everything in this hostel was perfect, but as it is directly on High Street, it is very noisy during the night.

Hi there, great to hear you had a good time here in Edinburgh - thanks for the good review. Unfortunately the downside of our central location right on the Royal Mile is that it can get a bit noisy - sorry about that!