Royal Mile Backpackers Reviews

105 High Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Nice Hostel, friendly staff. 6-bed-dorm was a bit small and did not seem really clean. But it was still ok, especially for lne night.

Rooms were very spacious and comfortable! Bathrooms were a little small but at least they were clean. Wifi was good throughout the rooms. Staff was a little questionable at times; I went to my room to grab a sweater and freshen up, I had a friend waiting in the common area where the staff on duty decided to excessively make out with her boyfriend while my friend sat idly by. Didn't like how we were supposed to carry around a sheet of paper, I lost mine though and it didn't matter.

Hi there, thanks for your review! I'm going to have a word with the receptionist - of course that is not acceptable - so sorry about that! The green ticket is for security reasons - we need to make sure that only guests get into the hostel - but after a short time we know most of our guests so that we don't need to see the ticket anymore. Hope to see you again some time!

For a small hostel, this one was great. The room sizes were perfect for the number in each and the common areas were quite nice. Only issue is the small number of toilets and showers, but they really can't do much about that. The area it is in (right on the royal mile) is absolutely perfect! Easy to find and close to many attractions, restaurants, and tour meeting spots.

Hi there, thanks for the nice review - glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! Come back sometime!

Clean, great location.

• 28th Mar 2015

This place was great! It made me feel like I was staying at a friends house. Smaller hostel but with a common area and full working kitchen. Great location on the royal mile. Would definitely stay there again. There can be noise outside so I would recommend earplugs.

Chill, safe atmosphere in a great location. Nice people- both travellers and staff. Caters to everyone- although seemed like more of a quiet crowd. Impromptu booked for two nights and ended up not wanting to leave! Well travelled- I highly recommend.

• 26th Mar 2015

Very accommodating staff, super clean, great location!

• 21st Mar 2015

Hi there, thanks for your lovely review. Happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you here at our wee place again sometime!

It was my second time that I've stayed at this hostel and the first time for my friend. We really enjoyed our stay at Royal Mile Backpackers as it is a cosy and super-central with a friendly atmosphere. The dorm and the bathroom were both clean and tidy (lockers were a big plus). Breakft is great due to the variety offered. A better working and bigger stove, some more pots and pans, and a bigger fridge would have made our stay even more enjoyable. Looking forward to the next stay there!

Hi there, glad you enjoyed your stay here! Thanks for the lovely review and looking forward to having you back here!

just 2 showers ( one of them was not working one day) in female's bathroom

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay here any better. We're such a small hostel that usually 2 showers for the girls are enough. Very unfortunate that one of them wasn't working whilst you were here. We have a very good team of handymen but sometimes things just need a bit longer to get fixed. Apologies again!

This place had perfect location and for the price, it was great! I felt safe and I liked the deposit for a locker in your room. I had a great time in the city because of this hostel! Free hot chocolate in the morning!

Hiya, glad you enjoyed it here - come back some time!

Excellent hostel location, just a shame about being above a pub playing music every night of the week from 10pm. Was a lot of long-termers in, so in kitchen wasn't able to store anything in either of the 2 fridges or shelving area as they were already packed full which meant i went out to eat all the time instead. But overall would recommend to those under 30 as has a great family atmosphere from there being long-termers in.

• 18th Jan 2015

Hi there - glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. Sorry about the quite full kitchen! Come back some day!

The hostel is on very noisy street. There are several pubs under, which opens until late and these pubs make live music. You can't imagine how difficult to sleep in this hostel, but I think it's good for what you pay.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Amazing location! Very central and super easy to get around from. Highly recommend RMB. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The place was clean. Beds were comfortable and linen was clean. Lockers and safe available for every guest too.

• 28th Dec 2014

A great place. Will definitely recommend to future traveler friends. The hostel is in an excellent location, right on the royal mile. I felt secure with my stuff having free lockers provided and security check when you enter the hostel; which was very much appreciated. The staff were really friendly and gave good advice on some places to eat. Not to mention, the place was very clean. Thank you!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you - glad you had a great time here!