Royal Mile Backpackers Reviews

105 High Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

This place had perfect location and for the price, it was great! I felt safe and I liked the deposit for a locker in your room. I had a great time in the city because of this hostel! Free hot chocolate in the morning!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Hiya, glad you enjoyed it here - come back some time!

Excellent hostel location, just a shame about being above a pub playing music every night of the week from 10pm. Was a lot of long-termers in, so in kitchen wasn't able to store anything in either of the 2 fridges or shelving area as they were already packed full which meant i went out to eat all the time instead. But overall would recommend to those under 30 as has a great family atmosphere from there being long-termers in.

• 18th Jan 2015

Hi there - glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. Sorry about the quite full kitchen! Come back some day!

The hostel is on very noisy street. There are several pubs under, which opens until late and these pubs make live music. You can't imagine how difficult to sleep in this hostel, but I think it's good for what you pay.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Amazing location! Very central and super easy to get around from. Highly recommend RMB. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The place was clean. Beds were comfortable and linen was clean. Lockers and safe available for every guest too.

• 28th Dec 2014

A great place. Will definitely recommend to future traveler friends. The hostel is in an excellent location, right on the royal mile. I felt secure with my stuff having free lockers provided and security check when you enter the hostel; which was very much appreciated. The staff were really friendly and gave good advice on some places to eat. Not to mention, the place was very clean. Thank you!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you - glad you had a great time here!

Enjoyed my stay at RMB! Great location, nice and clean, beds were surprisingly comfortable, very respectful other guests. Only complaints: staff seemed a little clique-y, not particularly open, and the breakfast seemed fairly expensive for what it was.

Really great hostel with a great location. The staff is really helpful and gave great advice.

The hostel was really nice. Great location on the main street. A little noisy at night but worth it for the location. Bathrooms were very small and no place to dress after a shower.

Great location and fantastic staff who are very friendly and help you out with tours and activities.

Took me a while to find as the directions said 'above the oxfam shop' - that shop hasn't been there for months so I was told! Update your details! I was wandering around Edinburgh at midnight trying to find the hostel - but had actually walked past it several times! Luckily, the hostel was a good one. Comfy beds. Breakfast could be bought - but i didnt see anything the next morning laid out like in the photos - there was nothing! Bought breakfast from a cafe instead.

This hostel has an amazing location! We couldn't have asked to be closer to anything, the Edinburgh Castle, the train station, tours, shopping, food & drink. I do wish that it had a free breakfast, the other 3 hostels on our trip had the same assortment of food available but it was included in our rates. The biggest problem was that the wifi was broken during our entire stay. We were told we could use the wifi at the sister hostel across the street which was in their own words " much better"

I always enjoy staying here. It's a small hostel with a friendly vibe. Kitchen facilities are not great but I enjoy the atmosphere too much to complain.

We experienced spots on our sheets when we arrived as well as dirty floors. We were also told numerous times that it was exceptional that a group of 8 was accepted to stay there ... Which made us a little confused due to two things: 1 - why did it have to be mentioned 4 times within the span of 1 hour and 2 - if it was such a big issue - then why were we accepted ...

This hostel was the first one myself and my boyfriend had ever stayed in and it far surpassed our expectations. The staff are lovely and very welcoming and the vibe in general was something we both loved. The public living areas are comfy and full of books, and the kitchen area is quite large and very easy to maneuver regardless of how many people are in there. The beds are super comfortable and clean and the lockers are very secure complete with a safe.

Excellent location with lovely & helpful staff. I definitely will be back again. Get in to the hostel with a green card assigned & needto show to the reception staff everytimes is a bit too much troublesome.