Royal Mile Backpackers Reviews

105 High Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Good location except quite small. Wifi only works in common areas. Bathrooms/ showers are average but what i expected. Staff are very nice.

Excellent place to crash while backpacking. An awesome experience meeting people from various cultures. Reminds me of my college days!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • India

Very good overall. The bathroom and the kitchen are a little too cramped, but I suppose there is not much the hostel can do about it. Also, the wifi was very poor and not available in my bedroom, which was relatively annoying. Staff was very helpful and smiling.

• 14th Jul 2014

This hostel is small and cosy, te rooms and staff are great and although the bathros are small they are in pretty good condition and easy to use :) ... The kitchen is dominated by long term stayers so can be a little messy and lacking space also the lounge is small especially when it's only place wifi reaches. If they could get the wifi to extend to rooms would be so much better :) but overall enjoyed my multiple stays here

Great hostel! Staircase leading up to the front door was a little tough. Everything was really clean, I love how spacious the room was and also the wall outlets right next to every single bed. I love the lockers too - nice touch! Bad: Showers were a little tight! Wifi only in the lobby. Why were there a bunch of wannabe hipsters always monopolizing the couches in the sitting area, who are friends with the people behind the desk???

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

I've stayed at High Street before and enjoyed my visit both times. Its clean and the staff is very helpful and entertaining. There is a small kitchen that you can use for food prep- microwave, hot plate, and fridge. The rooms and girls restroom/shower room were kept clean and tidy. It would be nice to have the Wi-Fi in the rooms as it can be a bit difficult to find a place to perch in the main lounge/kitchen areas at certain times of day.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! We love returning guests. We love having a laugh here at Royal mile so i'm glad we were able to entertain you! :) We are currently working on getting wifi in the whole building. Hopefully we see you again soon!

Very good location and food market is near.

YAY we love being close to food!! It keeps the smiles on our faces!! Thanks for commenting! :) Enjoy your travels

Great atmosphere! Spacious rooms and good facilities. Also extremely central, one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

Wow, thanks so much!! So glad you enjoyed yourself :) come back and see us again soon!

Small rooms and tiny showers but clean. Good kitchen facilities. Lockers are a bit dodgey don't always open or close but I didn't find that a problem. Friendly staff and perfect location for anyone doing a haggis tour the next day!

Thanks for your comment :) We like to think of "small" as "Homey". We have just been working on fitting all of the lockers with new locks. Isn't it awesome being so close to everything :) Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Perfect location, the hostel is small but with all the needed facilities, there are 2 plugs per bed, and this is very good compared to other hostels. The staff is available, they have a collection of Lonely Planet guides available to read and this is great in a place crowded with travellers. Just two toilets and two showers, but it's all right.

Thanks so much, we are always happy to help with what ever we can. All of our guide books hang out together so they don't get lonely ;) hopefully we see you again soon. Cheers

The hostel takes great care for the guests and does its best so they can feel comfortable and at home. Great job. Free tea and coffee and a constant supply of milk is a great idea :)

Well we wouldn't want any one to be deprived of their tea...we live of tea here at the Royal Mile :) so glad we could make you feel at home. Come back and see us again soon!

Location is fantastic! Nice to have lockers too.

Yay lockers are awesome! Its always good to know your belongings are secure! :) hopefully we see you again someday!

I LOVE this hostel. The staff was so nice. There are a lot of people who live there so there's really a feeling of family, but everyone will talk to you and make you feel right at home. I love the free tea; it makes for a lot of kitchen table socializing. S/O to Mel and the staff, you guys are the best!

THIS WAS AN AMAZING HOSTEL The atmosphere was out of this world friendly. As a solo traveller I felt like I'd fallen into a group of my best friends and didn't want to leave. On the practical side, the facilities were excellent, location superb (The Old Town is the nicest bit I think) and it was so inexpensive! I'm going to go back.

Thank you so much! We are so glad that you had such a good stay here with us. We know how hard it is for solo travelers some times and we love making new friends, It makes us happy to know that you felt so welcomed. We would love to have you back anytime.

I loved my stay at the Royal Mile Hostel. First time I slept that well in a 10 beds dorm for 3 days in a row. The beds were very clean, very comfortable and people respected each others by being quiet at night and in the evenings. The common room is cosy so people could relax after a long day by reading or talking a bit. The staff was also very helpful regarding things to do in the city or just stuff I needed at the hostel. And the free tea was definitely a must.as well as the great location!

• 25th May 2014

Thanks so much for the comment!! So glad you enjoyed your time with us! Who doesn't love free tea and coffee :):) Hopefully we will see you again sometime!!

I only stayed one night, but I can not fault the staff on their friendliness and help. Arriving early in the morning, I knew wouldn't be able to check-in, however they let me have a shower also offered me the free Tuesday Pancake breakfast. Location of the hotel is perfect, being right in the town on the Royal, with the castle just up the road, it is also the perfect place to stay if you're doing a Haggis tour, as it is directly from the office and meeting point.

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback, we are so glad you had a nice time here. Of course, anyone arriving early is welcome to have a shower and hang out, we wouldn't want anyone feeling smelly. And who doesn't love free pancakes :) We hope to see you again soon.

Prime location right on the Royal Mile. The 8-bed room was a bit small but perfectly serviceable. Overall, it's a really good place to stay.

Thanks so much for your comment. It is great being so close to everything! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Cheers, Royal Mile Team

I had a great time in Edinburgh! The friendly & helpful staff and the awesome location of Royal Mile Backpackers definitely contributed.

• 15th May 2014

Thanks so much! We are so happy that you had a good time here. Our staff are always happy to help in any way they can. We love it when people walk out with a smile on their faces. Please stay again soon!

Place was great but I didn't always feel welcome. Other than that, it was good

Thanks for taking the time to comment, its always good to hear you liked it here. Maybe we will see you again someday!

Quiet little place. Have stayed before and would definitely stay again.

Thanks a million... hope to see you again soon in Edinburgh.