Royal Park Hotel and Hostel Reviews

258 West, 97th Street, New York, USA

This place is a rip-off! Had a double ensuite private hotel room and would never recommend a stay there: - absolutely overpriced - taxes not included in the price shown until after the booking - really dark room, noisy aircondition even when switched off and unplugged - gap between door and floor, common bathroom just next door, loud stairway door, very noisy and no privacy - WiFi didn't work properly, hardly any meaningful tv channels - extra charge for baggage storage after check-out

• 26th Sep 2014

I was VERY disappointed when I walked into my room. As this was a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday, I was so embarrassed when we walked into, essentially, a jail cell with two bunk beds, a view of another building, a sink, a broken towel rack, etc. My boyfriend could barely sleep because he is 6'4" and his feet hit the bed rails. The pictures on the website for the hotel do absolutely no justice- I did not see one resemblance. Very disappointed. Would never come back.

• 19th Sep 2014

Great hotel for a city break

The bathroom was dirty many times, it was only one bathroom for many rooms. Kind of expensive. They changed towels everyday which is not ecological friendly.

Perfectly located for sight seeing, just a short walk to Central Park and local shops and restaurants, plus 2 blocks from the subway. For the price I was surprised at the size of the bedrooms (very cosy). Shared bathrooms were clean, but often occupied. Very friendly and helpful staff. Overall I would stay here again, but if ur travelling with friends I would recommend air b&b. Worked out much better value for money.

The hostel has a very good location, you can reach every nice places in the city, I would recommend it to anybody.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

The locatin is great....its 20 minutes from Times Square. The restrooms and showers are fine too. Only the air condition in the room was a lil bit too loud

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

The hotel was in a great location. It was only one block away from the 96th and broadway subway. I thought I was getting a good deal but didn't realize that the taxes were not included in the price so I was a little bummed when I arrived that I had to pay more than what I expected. I could had gotten a 4 star hotel with Hotwire for the price I paid. One downfall is that there is only one restroom for the entire hall. The restroom I had used didn't have any hot water.

The location was good, staff were nice enough and the place was kept relatively clean but definitely not value for money. We had to have cold showers every morning and I couldn't wash my hair because there was no water pressure. Water cut out half way through a few of my showers. We were charged an extra $120 in taxes on arrival which I find very hard to believe was accurate. Air conditioner was ridiculously loud!!

Shower was awful, no power and goes hot to cold. Room tiny and no air con but apart from these things a very nice place.

• 12th May 2014

your staff is super friendly and made the stay very enjoyable, thank you. the overall cleanliness however could be improved, didn't enjoy the cockroaches so much.

Frank was very helpfull and gave us a room with twin beds instead of a room with bunk beds. We only saw twin beds on the website and was surprised to be given bunk beds. Shower on 6th had very little water but was clean and tidy

The hotel is simple, but okay. In the morning there was always a lot of noice. Beds were okay. The rooms got cleaned everyday. 3 minutes walk from subway. Not the most beautiful neighbourhoud from Manhattan, but it's not dangerous at all and there are lot of restaurants and other eating possibilities. WiFi in hotel worked well. This hotel is for travellers who don't need luxury, but only stay in the hotel to sleep.

• 5th May 2014
  • Belgium

Really enjoyed my stay. The hotel exceeded my expectations. Staff were great and the room was ideal.

• 1st May 2014

super located, nice to stayed in it!

• 1st May 2014