Royal Park Hotel and Hostel Reviews

258 West, 97th Street, New York, USA

The locatin is great....its 20 minutes from Times Square. The restrooms and showers are fine too. Only the air condition in the room was a lil bit too loud

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

The hotel was in a great location. It was only one block away from the 96th and broadway subway. I thought I was getting a good deal but didn't realize that the taxes were not included in the price so I was a little bummed when I arrived that I had to pay more than what I expected. I could had gotten a 4 star hotel with Hotwire for the price I paid. One downfall is that there is only one restroom for the entire hall. The restroom I had used didn't have any hot water.

The location was good, staff were nice enough and the place was kept relatively clean but definitely not value for money. We had to have cold showers every morning and I couldn't wash my hair because there was no water pressure. Water cut out half way through a few of my showers. We were charged an extra $120 in taxes on arrival which I find very hard to believe was accurate. Air conditioner was ridiculously loud!!

Shower was awful, no power and goes hot to cold. Room tiny and no air con but apart from these things a very nice place.

• 12th May 2014

your staff is super friendly and made the stay very enjoyable, thank you. the overall cleanliness however could be improved, didn't enjoy the cockroaches so much.

Frank was very helpfull and gave us a room with twin beds instead of a room with bunk beds. We only saw twin beds on the website and was surprised to be given bunk beds. Shower on 6th had very little water but was clean and tidy

The hotel is simple, but okay. In the morning there was always a lot of noice. Beds were okay. The rooms got cleaned everyday. 3 minutes walk from subway. Not the most beautiful neighbourhoud from Manhattan, but it's not dangerous at all and there are lot of restaurants and other eating possibilities. WiFi in hotel worked well. This hotel is for travellers who don't need luxury, but only stay in the hotel to sleep.

• 5th May 2014
  • Belgium

Really enjoyed my stay. The hotel exceeded my expectations. Staff were great and the room was ideal.

• 1st May 2014

super located, nice to stayed in it!

• 1st May 2014
  • Mexico

Not organized, not clean... I wouldn't stay there again.

Good location, close to the central park, and other attractions is very convenient in Manhattan .a few supermarket nearby, employees is very good, security,room and washroom are cleanly ,Facilities is ok,without rest hall, didn't have a kitchen.Value For Money in Manhattan place.

communication to manhattan was fast and convenient. It saved lots of time

This hostel is located in Upper Manhattan - subway is nearby. Also it is not expensive. But the price for our room was different than it was on reservation (higher) - and the guy said that "we have changed your room to that it would be better". Second thing - it is very loud in this hostel - the noise comes from all pipes and from outside. The room was clear though.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Poland

The room we booked was not available on the day of my check in the receptionist then told me to leave the bag tidies the next day to change my room the next day but again was not available, the conclusion was packing my bags several times, which was extremely boring, the water from the bathroom to warm it takes an eternindade really very time consuming.

Our room was nice and came with a TV and toilet attached to the room. The only common area was in the lobby, although that didn't bother us too much. One of the bathrooms on our floor didn't have a lock on the door and had no hot water though. Apart from that it was very close to the metro stop and central park, and the staff were friendly and helpful.