Royal Park Hotel and Hostel Reviews

258 West, 97th Street, New York, USA

communication to manhattan was fast and convenient. It saved lots of time

This hostel is located in Upper Manhattan - subway is nearby. Also it is not expensive. But the price for our room was different than it was on reservation (higher) - and the guy said that "we have changed your room to that it would be better". Second thing - it is very loud in this hostel - the noise comes from all pipes and from outside. The room was clear though.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Poland

The room we booked was not available on the day of my check in the receptionist then told me to leave the bag tidies the next day to change my room the next day but again was not available, the conclusion was packing my bags several times, which was extremely boring, the water from the bathroom to warm it takes an eternindade really very time consuming.

Our room was nice and came with a TV and toilet attached to the room. The only common area was in the lobby, although that didn't bother us too much. One of the bathrooms on our floor didn't have a lock on the door and had no hot water though. Apart from that it was very close to the metro stop and central park, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Great! I didn't expect so many features for THESE money.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Russia

Was not up to standards or what they portrayed on the internet. Very very disapointed.

• 26th Dec 2013

Be careful! the posted price is excluding taxes. When we got there they asked for another $100 for taxes over the price we were supposed to pay. Also very noisy and pretty dodgy.

• 26th Dec 2013

Nice hostel for reasonable price. Very clean rooms, not so clean bathrooms. Very comfortable beds! Unfortunately- no common room, no breakfast facility, no kitchen, no possibility to have tea/coffe at the hostel

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Poland

I stayed here in a group of six, split between two rooms. One room didnt have a working shower and the other didn't have ANY heating. We had to insulate the room by stuffing t-shirts in tge gaps of the windows. The staff didn't care and the manager never seemed to be there but I noticed she was when collecting our money. Spending $3,200 on two rooms and waking up shivering, I wouldnt consider to be money well spent. Cannot stress enough that you shouldn't stay here. Awful.

• 22nd Nov 2013

First of all, we are happines to spend our vacation in NY in this Hostel because the quality is according to the price that we paid it. The rooms are very confortable with the advantage that

Location X Cost is the key here! Comparing it's cost with several others, the hotel is very well located. Near the 96th St Station, which is available for train 1, 2 and 3. This makes the staying way easier as you can come and go whenever you please . The hotel fills its purpose, which is a place for you to crash and rest a little every night.

• 14th Nov 2013

Every body that we came across was really friendly the staff did everything thru could to help us.the room was tiny - but what else do you expect for New York on a biudget.

this hostel suited our needs perfectly. we were 4 girls travelling together, we had a private with an ensuite. plenty of room for all our stuff. this hostel has no common areas, so maybe not as good for solo travellers, but we loved it. so close to a major subway stop and plenty of food places around. an awesome base for NYC.

After browsing through the reviews, I was afraid the hotel wouldn't be that great. People complained about a lack of cleanliness, lots of noise and so on. I have to say, I was positively surprised! We had a two-bed room with a private bathroom -the bathroom was brand new, the room was cleaned daily, the towels were not the best quality but perfectly ok (I didn't even expect towels at all). And it was really quiet, probably due to the fact that the room looked onto a wall instead of the street :)