Royal Park Hotel and Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 1118 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
11th Aug 2017

Very good for the price. Was perfect for a solo traveller like myself! I opted for a private room with a shared bathroom and it was perfect. There were two bathrooms and it was never busy. The staff were very friendly, especially the people at the front desk! Thanks for everything! Jamil

• USA, Female, 41+
6th Aug 2017

Overall this was a great place to stay. The location was awesome. It was less than a 1/4 mile from a subway entrance that took you directly to Time Square and lots of other places. It was also close enough to Central Park that you could walk. I stayed in a twin shared bathroom room, with bunk beds and it was small, but I expected that. It was a good size for 2 people. My only suggestion for the room would be some type of wall hooks for all you to hang up towels or clothing. I'd stay again!

• divajessika
  • Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
1st Aug 2017

Staff were fine and helpful. Clean rooms, dirty building but it's old so it adds flavor. They kept out of our rooms with the do not disturb sign, so you can leave your stuff there no problem. One bathroom per wing, it always was clean, but wet on the ground from everyone showering; not a big deal though. Decent location, McDonalds up the street good for some late night grub. overal best deal you'll find in New York for that price, but you get what you pay for.

• Indonesia, Female, 31-40
29th Jul 2017

Totally love this hostel. I stayed in the private room. Nice staff and super close to subway station. I can even walk to a shelter where I can take bus to LaGuardia airport. It was quite far, around 6 blocks, but it much better than to take my luggage up and down the subway stairs. There are a lot of cafe there and its not as hectic as the other side of New York.

14th Jul 2017
7.1

It is a good place to stay a couple of nights. Clean, safe area and very close to the 96th train station. The ensuite (private room) was very cozy and comfortable. I would recommend it for people who are looking for a relaxing atmosphere, because this is not a hostel where you can meet people or hang out with people of the hostel due to it has not a common area.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
11th Jul 2017

We just stayed for one night. We were 3 adults and a baby. We got a room with 2 double beds and a privat bathroom. The room was really big and spacious, like in the pictures. Close to a subway station and a 15min walk away from central Park. We liked it a lot and would go back there again.

• Kenya, Female, 18-24
20th May 2017

I would stay at the Royal Park again. Upsides - Very conveniently located close to 2 subway stations and right by Central Park. I got the private twin - the bed linen, towels and room was really clean and service was great when we asked for it. The staff was friendly and we were able to leave our luggage on the check-out day ($2/bag). Downsides - we could hear our floormates a bit too loudly in the corridor, and the price was steep, then again NYC in the spring!