Royal Park Hotel and Hostel Reviews

258 West, 97th Street, New York, USA

The building was old but it was well managed and always very clean! The beds were very comfy and bathrooms were small but clean. The staff at the front desk were also friendly and helpful. The location was perfect: Only two subway stops away (via express) from Times Square! I would definitely recommend this hotel for budget travelers.

Was some rats in my in others rooms. Seems to be something normal around there

• 24th Jan 2015

Ensuit bathroom didn't have a shower. Breakfast wasn't included. Staff didn't have change on hand. Otherwise, a pretty good place.

Good receiving but terrible ending, like get out get out of here by checkout at 11. It was an average room the first night, but the second and the third it was with a shared dirty bathroom. The building is old and it smells so bad. I will look for another different next time and i don't suggest this one.

Liked the neighbourhood a lot. Didn't really appreciate the cat they had running around in the lobby. It often jumped on the breakfast table and was chewing on people's food.

stayed here from 22nd-26th Oct for a weekend away our room was pretty small but manageable with the both of us. We never had to queue to use the bathroom but we did often shower in the evenings and always had hot water. The staff on reception were always friendly and said good morning to us. The building itself is a little dated but if your not looking for anything to fancy and just using it as a place to sleep then it's perfect! 10mins tube to time square and walking distance to Central Park :D

This place is a rip-off! Had a double ensuite private hotel room and would never recommend a stay there: - absolutely overpriced - taxes not included in the price shown until after the booking - really dark room, noisy aircondition even when switched off and unplugged - gap between door and floor, common bathroom just next door, loud stairway door, very noisy and no privacy - WiFi didn't work properly, hardly any meaningful tv channels - extra charge for baggage storage after check-out

• 26th Sep 2014

I was VERY disappointed when I walked into my room. As this was a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday, I was so embarrassed when we walked into, essentially, a jail cell with two bunk beds, a view of another building, a sink, a broken towel rack, etc. My boyfriend could barely sleep because he is 6'4" and his feet hit the bed rails. The pictures on the website for the hotel do absolutely no justice- I did not see one resemblance. Very disappointed. Would never come back.

• 19th Sep 2014

Great hotel for a city break