Rucksack Inn @ HongKong Street Reviews

38A Hong Kong Street, Clarke Quay, Singapore, Singapore

10 people in my room. But it is too many in Singapore.

Was not happy with the service in this hostel, it's not a backpackers (mostly locals) and did not like their cancellation policy.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. Kindly allow us to clarify. We have a strict no local policy at our Inns. For cancellation policy, is to avoid depriving customers a bed when they wish to extend or new customers who wish to book but are unable to do so. Our terms for cancellations and no shows are listed on the site and Hostelworld. Safe travel always!

I like the 7/24 coffee-tea and breakfast :) good atmosphere, I have met with lots of people there.

I had a great time while staying at Rucksack Inn. If you want to meet fellow travellers, this is really the place to be. The lobby has a really chill living room atmosphere and invites to hang out and meet people. The location is also excellent as the hostel is very central right next to Clark Quay and between China Town and Little India. The rooms are clean and airconditioned. I was absolutely satisfied and can only recommend the Rucksack Inn.

Rucksack Inn is maybe the cleanest and most comfortable hostel I've stayed in. Location is hard to beat. Staff is very helpful. The atmosphere was average. It was pretty quiet when we were there -- didn't have the meet new people vibe that some places excel at. Overall one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

Rucksack Inn was a great place to stay at. Kind staff, clean rooms, good location.. Highly recommended.

Decent room. The bathroom was clean and so were the facilities. No real complaints but no real praise either. Would stay there again.

Nice place. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

can't be better!

Hostel dormitory with the earliest lights off time (10:30pm) i had ever stayed! The doubledecker bed should change to wooden's instead of steel because it makes a lot noise when one moved.

Nice place, nice staff, feels like home

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Best hostel I have experienced in Asia so far.

A very gd service hostel and nice staying experience at Rucksack Inn Hongkong Street. The room was nice , nt too small , the bed is good. The wifi is very strong especially at lower room , i would like to suggest u all stay at lower floor. Toilet is also clean and enough for all ppl to use it , it doesn't need to wait. Lastly , the staff is adorable and nice , give many info for us, and let us use the facilities after we check out .

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

Staff was great and very helpful at all times - super small and very basically equipped rooms - street a bit dodgy at night

The hostel was nice, very clean, in a good location and with nice working internet and good a/c in the rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. However, the single room that I was booked in was a small, dark, windowless closet-like room just big enough for the twin-sized bed. Although I would certainly consider staying here again, I would not book the single room here again.

Nice place to stay with good staff that give tons of advice (thanks Jacque). Bought cheap tickets to seaworld and the zoo. Excellent location colse to the metro/train and the marina. It's rather pricey though considering my room was very small. The bed could barely stand in there.