Rumah Kayu Bali Reviews

Kuta Square Blok A/20, Kuta, Indonesia

Good-value stay. Comfortable beds, clean facilities, WIFI at the reception, 2 min walk from Kuta beach. Only some cozy couches are missing. Recommended

Top place in Kuta, directly in the square where all the shops are. The beach and the main clubs/restaurants are at a walking distance from this place. The staff is cool but doesn't speak very good english. The dorms are very clean and new. You should definitively book at this place, I assure you you won't regret this.

Great staff out there always trying to help you and the location is good near kuta beach and a food market where you can find everything you need ! Thanks guys I really enjoy this hostel !

• 9th Jun 2014

Bathroom is gross. Hostel is standard.

Free drinking water which helps save you from buying lots of water, right near everything- great location, across from supermarket and cheap food stall. Staff speaks limited english. Wifi only works in lobby. I was in the open room dorm (not bunk beds) and it turns out u make friends a lot easier that way. Taxi should cost only 50,000 rupiah from the airport. Bargain hard!

Not a bad hostel but nothing special. Good location close to beach. Terrible wifi. 10 bed dorm is better than the 5 bed.

The location is fantastic, the place is super clean and the staff were very nice and helpful. Its a quieter hostel and the common area could be better but asides from that it was great and I'd definitely return

I checked in to this hostel on 14th april 2014. I planned to stay for 2 nights so i booked for 2 nights but unfortunately i needed to leave on 15th because something happened. The hostel didn't let me cancel it because it was too sudden but it was my mistake. When i stayed there, nobody stayed in my room (5 beds) so i slept alone. The atmosphere is good and peaceful. What i like most about Rumah Kayu is its strategic location. It's near from the Kuta beach and Kuta Square.

Most of the staff spoke very little English and could not help at all in terms of getting around, things to do and see, etc. location is central in Kuta but there's better places than kuta square I think. The hostel itself is very clean and sleek for the price. Quiet hangout not a party place.

Very nice location, very helpful staff, good experience in every point!!! I recommand rumah kayu Bali for sure!

Very clean and new. Great Kuta location, but on a quiet street. Nice common area, free drinking water, good showers, free locker and individual light provided by each bed. Especially helpful and friendly were staff members Yuga Setyawan and Yuliiwati N-a!

This place was nice and was so close to Legian street, supermarket, the beach, and everything else in Kuta. The staff were nice, but tried to put me into a 12 bed instead of the 5-bed on 2 different occasions. Later, I extended my stay by 2 nights and already paid. When I checked out, they tried to charge me, but an hour of hassle and disagreement, until he read notes that I had paid and realized that I had.

This hostel was very good value for money, very clean and friendly staff. The location was perfect, right in kuta square. 10 min walk to bars, restaurants and 5 min walk to beach. The hostel was very quiet, and the staff don't speak much English but the wifi was fast. I would definetly recommend this hostel and would stay here again.

Very nice hostel, clean and tidy. Friendly staff, especially Yuliiawati who in no way whatsoever told me to say that :) See you guys when i come back in a few months!

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

The box with the light switch next to my bed was jammed shut so I wasn't able to use the light. The website says clean linens and towels are provided but there weren't any clean sheets or towels because they were in the laundry. I just had a blanket with no top sheet. There was extremely loud construction going on the entire night making it hard to sleep - guests should be notified of this beforehand. The ladders to the tops bunks are hard to use, and there are no curtains between beds.

Really good when I stayed Rumah Kayu hostel. Staff was very kind!!! Location was good for surfing, shopping and night life! I love this place ;-)

• 13th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic hostel! Its in a perfect location,basically in the centre of Kuta less than 5 minutes walk to the beach,shops,clubs,restaurants etc yet really quiet day/night! Super clean & tidy, free wifi,clean water available, felt super safe with personal lockers really nice helpful staff around 24/7 (my mate left his phone charging in lobby for a day no trouble) nice easy shower/toilet facilities,comfy beds&pillows etc.. can get a little cold at night with air con so check temperature before bed:)

Great! Especially, its location is very conveniently located, cleanliness is truly clean, and atmosphere is fantastically awesome.

Staff was rude and argumentative. The man who checked me in barely spoke any English.

• 7th Feb 2014

No WiFi in dorms, beds very comfy, no secure lockers for anything bigger than hand luggage , dorm doors not lockable and door to hostel always open.