Rumah Kayu Bali Reviews

Kuta Square Blok A/20, Kuta, Indonesia

Really nice beds and very clean and good looking. Rating goes down because of only WiFi in the room and bad lounge area. Overall I enjoyed my stay here.

Good location and definitely value for money. Hostel is kinda clean and exceptionally, my bed has several lockers to store my stuff. Definitely stay here again if I go back to Kuta. (may the hostel offer breakfast in the morning? you can add in a bit in the price )

Great hostel, minutes from the beach. Beds are amazingly comfy with curtains for privacy and aircon in rooms. Showers and loos are clean and with good water pressure. Lots of space to secure valuables. Wifi is great in the lobby but nothing in the rooms which needs to be addressed. Other than that great hostel, quiet at night even so centrally located and would def recommend,

Nice hostel, good location, friendly staff and a good atmosphere!

• 16th Feb 2015

Pros: clean, air con, provides free water, good location. Cons: no breakfast and no common area except a table by reception. Could use a better hangout area for meeting others.

This hostel is great. Very central to everything and the staff was amazing, they always answered all my questions and were very helpful in booking a shuttle for me to Ubud. I had a locker for my things, it can be a bit small if you are traveling with a big bag, but it holds a fair amount of valuables. Overall I had a great experience, only down size is wifi does not work in the room.

• 1st Feb 2015

Good place to stay for a night or 2. The staff was really friendly and helpful with everything! All facilities were really clean and the dorm was great. I would recommend staying there for a night or two.

I planned to stay 2 nichts and extended for 3 More nights,since i met really nice ppl there. Staff was really nice and helpful. I would go back anytime. Great place to stay in kuta-better than the others i have Seen.

• 27th Dec 2014

Perfect place to end my trip. Lovely hostel, great location, friendly staff.

• 24th Nov 2014

Lovely hostel. We liked the pod beds and the rooms were quiet while everyone was friendly in the common area. Great location too.

Great location by Kuta Square. The rooms are set up well with outlets and curtains by each bed. The staff was also nice enough to let me leave my bag there for a week while I travelled the island. I would definitely recommend it!

Very clean and great location. My only complaint would be that you can only access the wifi from the ground floor which is kind of annoying if you're staying on the third floor like I was. The wifi area wasn't the most comfortable either with just a table and chairs to sit at.

The hostel is only 5 minutes away from the beach and the wifi is good but only in the lobby. You have enough washing facilities. I stayed in the 5 dorm room and was 1 night allone, which was really nice. The 12 dorm room is also ok, as they have bunkbeds with curtains, so you have a kind of privacy. The staff was really friendly and tried to help me, even if the English is not the best. For a stopover before moving on or to make party in Kuta, it is the perfect way to stay.

My locker didn't lock. Great location. No extra amenities- just a room full of beds, a bathroom, and a reception with a table. Very basic, but does the trick for one night. Close to airport/beach

1 min walk to beach, close to many shops and restaurants. Locker, hot/cold shower, comfy beds with personal outlet/light. Wifi only works in common area; no kitchen but will lend dishes/utensils. Cheap beer and free water. Bed 7 can get some wifi from the coffee house next door ;)

Good hostel, very close to the beach. The beds were great with privacy curtains and lockers built in. The staff was nice but not very knowledgeable about Bali or the English language, which made it feel more like a local hotel than a hostel. I met some cool fellow travelers at reception who helped me set up surf lessons. No free breakfast or coffee, but there is a grocery store across the way and a chain coffee shop next door. I'll be staying at Rumah Kayu again soon. Very convenient location.

I wasn't happy with my stay here, cockroaches in the shower and incredibly noisy in the bedroom from the traffic and road outside (even with earplugs!) Expensive for what you got, the only redeaming factor was the beds had curtains around then so you had good privacy. I dont think of stay here again.

really really nice hostel in the heart of kuta. shops right outside the door, and also just 4 minutes to the beach. for my opinion kuta was not to crowded or busy as a lot of people say it. maybe because it was no more high season when i went. The hostel itself was really really nice, and the staff as well. they helped me and also let me leave my luggage there until i left for the airport. the let me shower even i already checked out. the room was really clean and bright. aircon was working.

Nice 5 bed room, AC, 2 lockers each bed, clean place and the position is perfect to stay in kuta, 5 minutes from the beach. Friendly staff