Russafa Reviews

Padre Perera 5-1, Valencia, Spain

Very convenient location if you arrive at the main train station. Cool up-and-coming neighbourhood too. The hostel is effectively three medium-sized apartments, and feels very homely thanks to the incredibly nice guys who run the place. Extras like the free breakfast and included towel go a long way! Highly recommended.

I had been traveling for more than a month and visited many hostel. Joseph "You Rock" Great hospitality, great advice, great location. Nice Hostel and mostly quiet. If you are looking for a place where the staff care about your stay and willing to go out of their way to help you. This is the place. Joseph even took my bag to my room… This is the place to stay if you go to Valentia Spain and tell Josep Hi from Denny in Canada. 100% satisfied

Great hostel would highly recommend it to anyone, very clean and homely feel. Comfy beds and great staff.. Both men were very helpful and helped us with anything we needed. One was up early to get breakfast ready cos he knew we had to leave early and both men helped us with our bags up and down the stairs. Great hospitality. Thank you

• 3rd Jul 2014

Josef is an amazing host, makes the place feel like home. Really helpful, caring and informative! I got sick from a previous tour and didn't have to check out till 2pm on my leave day! Only gripe is the market is next door and it's noisy in the morning, as is the church bell if you are having a siesta. Wifi, cleanliness, beds all good. No lockers in rooms but downstairs yes, and no a/c. Standard breakfast included. This is a quiet hostel, no partying. Thanks Josef for the hospitality!!

Good location and very helpfull and nice staff! Genuine and always willing to help! Muchas gracias

• 24th Jun 2014

Fantastic Hostel, Probably best I've ever stayed in. It's more like a very reasonably priced Bed and Breakfast than a hostel. the owner is absolutely lovely! A real gentleman! The free breakfast is fanatastic, really good selection avaliable. Rooms are clean with aircon and really speedy wifi (which is SO rare!) location is good, short walking distance from the main train station and the city centre. Would most definitely recommend!!!

Nice place! we had private room and it was really clean. Breakfast was great! Staff was friendly and helpful. Only minus was no air-condition and church towerbells opposite room. (mornings...)

Incredibly helpful staff

I loved my stay at Russafa. The owner was enthusiastic and very helpful. I truly enjoyed the view from my room right at the church across the street. It was lit beautifully at night. And I woke up to a marvelous breakfast. I can recommend Russafa 100%.

• 4th Jun 2014

Josep was a great host, pointed good places to eat, where to go, what to see and the hostel was in a great location. The staff was kind and kept everything in order.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Panama

Been to a lot of hostels and this is up there with the best. Excellent location, clean, great value and a wonderful host/owner who really could not do enough to make our stay as enjoyable as it was . Absolute 10/10 and would recommend to anybody.

• 2nd Jun 2014

The owner was so helpful and friendly and breakfast was varied and delicious. Will stay again if I ever return to Valencia

• 23rd May 2014

The manager of the Russafa, Josept, outshines all the good qualities of the hostal. He is the heart of kindness and helpfulness , I recommend to all a nice stay with great advice on your stay. A good breakfast and large clean rooms. Coming from the train station I was bewildered by the steps down to the underpass necessary to gain the russafa neighborhood and Avenida Germinas. A walk of maybe 200 meters under the rail and road. This is a family neighborhood now having new restaurants .

• 23rd May 2014

If I could, I would give 150% to the staff of this hostel. They are the best people I have ever met. Very kind and helpful. Russafa hostel is located near historical center of Valencia, it really has great location for exploring this beautiful city. Breakfast was great, room was comfy, toilets were very clean. Listen to staff, they will recommend you best restaurants with great, cheap food. Thank you, Russafa staff for making my stay in Valencia unforgettable.

located in an old building, in a pedestrian area, with very thin glass windows therefore the noise from the streets and bars below was the same as being there. the atmosphere is great and I have greatly appreciated the help from the staff. check the doorknobs.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Try to be solving these problems

Totally loved my time at the Russafa Hostel. The staff were very friendly, the rooms very big and clean. A few minutes walk from the historic center. The breakfast was awesome too!

Staff very friendly and eager to help if you need anything, clean rooms, confortable beds, nice furniture and breakfast included. I would definitely recommend to stay at the hostel if you go to Valencia :)

Everynow and then you stumble over a place where they really ´get it´. The Russafa is one of those rare places - a really neat and quiet hostel located close to Valencia Nord and Valencia JSO Stations. Generous-sized rooms, crisp white linen, hotel-quality mattresses, eclectic decor, spotless bathrooms and a super-solid breakfast (try real cold meats and fresh baguettes) all add up to a superior hostel experience at everyday nuts-and-bolts prices. Highly recommended.

I saw on the wall an old certificate awarded by Hostelworld for hospitality. It was well deserved! A lovely, welcoming, easy going hostel. I look forward to returning soon.

They were the nicest people carrying our bags both to our room at check in and down at check out. It had a nice breakfast and was located close to the buses. There is not much of a social atmosphere but it close to the park and the science museum. It is not right in the city but it is only a very short walk away. I would stay here again next time i come back!