Russell Court Hotel Reviews

Bath Road, Bournemouth, England

Firstly, my bank account was fully charged before my arrival at the hotel (I believe that had to happen at check in?!). Old staff were very dissmissive when I went for breakfast in the morning. I was told in a rather snobby snappy tone that breakfast was not included in the price if I wished only for £12 I could be served one! The restaurant prices were up to £9! No free WiFi- £5 for 8hour access which I also found ridiculous having in mind that there was plenty of free WiFi in town

Parking charge is an extra fiver, but if you think about parking in B'mouth you quickly realise it is OK. Clean, quiet. Good price/value.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Hungary

Old but location is top, within walking distance to the pier. The checking-in time is at 2:30pm every day and that should be noticed in the description. The meal deal at the bar is really nice plus free sports TV, tho not a big sports fan myself but for those who are this is the place for you. If you are a lone traveller here like me wanting to meet ppl this might not be the perfect place but overall can't complain. Also there's free cab-calling service phone out the door, just help yourself:)

Paid £80 for a small room on the 3rd floor. Very hot and airless. No air con. - would be unbearable in the height of summer. Charged an extra £2 to leave a bag there prior to check -in.

• 25th Sep 2015

Very friendly staff. Nice room.

• 29th Jul 2015

Friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable room. Very clean, modern bathroom.

According to what expected!!

The check in time is not as stated as the one written in the contract, which waste me near 3 hours to wait for check in. Most disappointed things is the staff attitude, that has totally ignore the customer feelings. I would rather pay double to avoid this terrible experience.

Good Hotel near the Beach. Everything was very clean and the room was cheap and had ensuite. Unfortunatly, no free parking.

Size of room was small for a double. Pleased with most everything else.

• 25th May 2015

I saw photos online about dirty windowsils and mattresses and was very pleasantly surprised about the cleanliness I found.

• 19th May 2015

It's a bit silly that you have to pay £5 for parking...and £5 for wifi separately but luckily I had 4G on my phone as I was house hunting I needed to Internet. They only had Indian snacks mainly, and breakfast was a whopping £11 so we skipped breakfast which was a shame.

• 8th Apr 2015

Very near to Pier .... Only thing is , parking Extra £5 . Should this not be included in price or atleast said upfront

Great for location but the room looks nothing like the photos the hotel is old and dirty . We had a smashed mirror, the carpet was coming up in the centre of the room and the wall was stained with food and the carpet. Bathroom and room was so small. But if youre out partying and just need a close hotel to the pier then its ok if you can look past the grottiness of the room. Also freezing in the rooms and the heater sounds sooooo loud you cant have it on. Opposite to all photos used!

Pros: Near the beach

The staff were very very rude. The place looked like a ghost house. The worst hotel experience EVER!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Ethiopia

At Russell court you get what you pay for. Nothing more. The facilities were ok but the staffing were sometimes rude. They didn't have any instructions or welcoming notices in the rooms which I think would've helped. But the location was stunning.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Rooms and bathrooms were nice for the price. Had to pay £5 for parking, and wifi wasn't free. The friendly receptionist gave us 2 for 1 breakfast, which was quite good.

Everything is additional... Parking, Internet, we are constantly reminded of don'ts and warnings... not positive atmosphere!

• 26th May 2014
  • Portugal

I booked a double room and got given a twin room the man on reception was very rude and unhelpful, the picture are clearly not up to date window in our room was broken so would not shut. I was very unhappy that when I advised the hotel what I had booked he said there was nothing he could do even after showing my confirmation email stating that I had booked a double he just said that not what hostel world have told us so after booking on here they then passed on the wrong message to the hotel !!!

• 30th Apr 2014