Russell Scott Backpackers Reviews

47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds, England

the location was fantastic near city centre the 6 bed room was too small should only be 4 bed a TV in the lounge would't have gone a mis other than that the place is fine

Ok for a night but I wouldn't want to stay for an extended period of time. Not much space. Staff very friendly and breakfast was provided.

• 28th Feb 2015

Great value for the money.

Very lovely place, a bit far (well 15mn walking it's okay) from the city center, the only problem was to find it because it's like a house not a proper building but it's okay. The staff was very nice. The facilities and breakfast good too ! I've enjoyed my stay in this hostel !

The lights in our flat was not working and it was pitch black! It was so far away from the city centre. The reception took a very long time to attend to us and we had to ring the bell 3 times before the door was open.

Very cheap, had all the facilities needed and was clean, didn't need much more. However, my bed was rather uncomfortable, but the guy I was travelling with said his was ok, so that may have been a one off issue.

• 15th Feb 2015

I expected this to be an actual hostel. Feels more like a few beds stuck in the spare room of someone's home. It's dirty and in a slightly dodgy neighborhood. I would never stay here again.

Great place. Very hospitable owner

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Pakistan

Being the only hostel in Leeds we really didn't have a choice of where to stay. However, next time we would be willing to pay extra to stay in a hotel. The place was falling apart (holes in the floor, broken shower, squeaky beds) and it wasn't the cleanest place to stay. In addition, it was extremely difficult to find because neither the streets or hostel were clearly labeled. The only positive is that the WiFi connection was very strong.

Great place, but it wouldn't hurt if they vaccumed the floor once in awhile.

The female dorm is far too tightly packed - there was nowhere to stand, let alone sit and no-where to put possessions. It is a single room with two bunk-beds and one single bed. I have never gone into a hostel, paid, and left again to find somewhere else before in over 40 years of hostelling.

The reception staff was very helpful and friendly. I arrived early and no one was there, so I walked around until my check-in time and that was fine. Good wifi and breakfast.

• 15th Oct 2014