Good 161 Total Reviews
Good 161 Total Reviews
Russell Scott Backpackers Located at 47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds.
England
Leeds West Yorkshire LS7 1HT 47A Well Close Rise, Leeds
60% 161
53.8076329 -1.5446895
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2016
6.0

First-- the hostel has moved, so none of the pictures are accurate to what I saw. The new house is just around the corner from the original location, but it's not as nice as the pictures-- the kitchen and common room are bright and fine, but the bathroom is pretty grim. Either the house is undergoing some repairs, or it is just old, but there was definitely an unfinished feeling about the place. There only seemed to be 1 staff member, who I only saw during check-in. Our room had only 1 key.

27th Jun 2016

Nice House like hostel about a ten/fifteen minutes walk from the city center. Great manager. Nice kitchen and lounge area for a small house type hostel. Great select of cereals for breakfast, along with coffee and tea, toast and jams. Decent value for the price in Leeds.

• Canada, Male, 41+
20th Jun 2016
7.7

I booked for June 20 and then saw I had booked the wrong day. I wanted June 19. I immediately telephoned the hostel and asked that I wanted the 19th and not 20. They said they can't talk to me and hung up the telephone. I emailed and said what I wanted. Next day they emailed back and said the change was made. They said I was now booked for June 19 and not 20 and they CONFIRMED it. Then on June 27 they took payment from my credit card for June 20. I asked for this money back but they did not.

• England, Male, 31-40
4th Jun 2016
5.4

They had not supplied us with the correct amount of rooms which I had paid for luckily this worked out in my favour as someone had dropped out but if this wasn't the case someone wouldn't of had a bed. She did apologise and I did get a refund for the room. Rooms finished to very low standard and beds wobbly and creaky. The back door was open and couldn't be locked and the taxi driver said the location was not a nice area. Smoke detector where removed from every room.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
17th May 2016
2.3

THIS HOSTEL OWES ME MONEY. I had the WORST EXPERIENCE a customer could ever have. IT IS NOT A SAFE PLACE, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR WOMEN. I was initially given a ROOM WITHOUT A LOCK, and the front door also doesn't lock so there was direct access from the street to my room!! I asked to be moved to a room w/ lock, this room cost less but I haven't been reimbursed yet despite being promised and following up 4 times. The hygiene state is deplorable, sheets smelled humid, depressing atmosphere. Horrible!

• England, Male, 25-30
13th May 2016
3.7

Front door doesn't lock and was wide open upon arrival there is only one key for the dorms which were also left unlocked so not at all secure. It's cheap accommodation but stay here at your own risk.

• England, Female, 31-40
5th May 2016
4.6

The hostel had a mediocre atmosphere and facilities. I couldn't find how to get a towel or turn on the hot water because the assistant did not understand much English. I was locked out of the dorm because one resident requested a dorm room key and she locked the door, I didn't have one and had to get her up to get in.

• China, Female, 18-24
27th Mar 2016

My roommates are so nice! A good small hostel!

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
22nd Mar 2016
7.1

The advert made it look a bit more 'polished' than it actually is. But the staff are absolutely wonderful. If you're looking for a friendly, relaxed place without all the bells and whistles, then this is perfect for you.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
20th Mar 2016
4.9

You cannot lock the room's door, there are no locks and no keys, anybody can enter the room. There aren't locks for bags/valuable items. In the morning there were mountain of pillows and douvet on the floor just outside my room door: I had to climb the mountain to get out. The kitchen was a mess.