Russell Scott Backpackers Reviews

47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds, England

Very lovely place, a bit far (well 15mn walking it's okay) from the city center, the only problem was to find it because it's like a house not a proper building but it's okay. The staff was very nice. The facilities and breakfast good too ! I've enjoyed my stay in this hostel !

Very cheap, had all the facilities needed and was clean, didn't need much more. However, my bed was rather uncomfortable, but the guy I was travelling with said his was ok, so that may have been a one off issue.

• 15th Feb 2015

I expected this to be an actual hostel. Feels more like a few beds stuck in the spare room of someone's home. It's dirty and in a slightly dodgy neighborhood. I would never stay here again.

Great place. Very hospitable owner

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Pakistan

Being the only hostel in Leeds we really didn't have a choice of where to stay. However, next time we would be willing to pay extra to stay in a hotel. The place was falling apart (holes in the floor, broken shower, squeaky beds) and it wasn't the cleanest place to stay. In addition, it was extremely difficult to find because neither the streets or hostel were clearly labeled. The only positive is that the WiFi connection was very strong.

Great place, but it wouldn't hurt if they vaccumed the floor once in awhile.

The female dorm is far too tightly packed - there was nowhere to stand, let alone sit and no-where to put possessions. It is a single room with two bunk-beds and one single bed. I have never gone into a hostel, paid, and left again to find somewhere else before in over 40 years of hostelling.

The reception staff was very helpful and friendly. I arrived early and no one was there, so I walked around until my check-in time and that was fine. Good wifi and breakfast.

• 15th Oct 2014

Plus points: The internet worked, The people were friendly The lady working there was nice, but never there except once or twice The breakfast was included and enough was there for everybody. Minus points: It was not clean, except for the kitchen. Floor was unclean and I would not want to use the bathroom barefoot. After having spent two nights there, the lightbulb had disappeared on the third evening! No person at checkout, but keys for rooms were just laying around one day.

Good staying

I was staying in a house from which the hostel was moving to new premises so it is difficult to give a fair assessment. However, Martin at reception, in the main house, was very helpful as was the owner whom I met on my last morning. I think they will create something not only good but also a bargain.

Close to the university campus, friendly atmosphere, but only 2 bathrooms and a relative small room for 6 people.