5.4
Rating 152 Total Reviews
5.4
Rating 152 Total Reviews
Russell Scott Backpackers Located at 47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds.
England
Leeds West Yorkshire LS7 1HT 47A Well Close Rise, Leeds
54% 152
53.8076329 -1.5446895
    Rooms available

• China, Female, 18-24
27th Mar 2016

My roommates are so nice! A good small hostel!

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
22nd Mar 2016
7.1

The advert made it look a bit more 'polished' than it actually is. But the staff are absolutely wonderful. If you're looking for a friendly, relaxed place without all the bells and whistles, then this is perfect for you.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
20th Mar 2016
4.9

You cannot lock the room's door, there are no locks and no keys, anybody can enter the room. There aren't locks for bags/valuable items. In the morning there were mountain of pillows and douvet on the floor just outside my room door: I had to climb the mountain to get out. The kitchen was a mess.

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Mar 2016

Russell Scott Backpackers is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, and last summer I traveled around Europe Backpacking staying at various hostels for 2 months. The staff where extremely welcoming, they gave me a free towel and let me off £4 because I didn't have enough cash, and recently Lost my visa card. Lots of Facilities to use, two bathrooms, kitchen, offering free food and drink! The bed was great single room with blackout curtains, overal was an incredible experience loved it!!

• England, Female, 41+
12th Mar 2016
6.9

Met nice people. Good location but interior is shabby - particularly bathroom. Room very basic - you can't turn off light from bed and duvet is thin ok for summer but not warm enough for March.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2016
4.6

The staff were fine, but this isn't a hostel. This is a house with bunk beds in it. Makes me question HostelWorld's judgement.

24th Dec 2015
7.4

the hostel was generally good, but the bathrooms need a little improvement.

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
5th Dec 2015
2.0

I had a reservation booked to stay at this hostel Sat night. When I arrived around half 7 I could not get in. I then called the number 01132459046 as advised. I spoke to a lady who advised my reservation was cancelled 4 days ago. I never received an e-mail in my inbox or spam to advise same. This lady advised she would look into this and call me back within half an hour. I did not receive a callback. When I did call this number back myself the number rang out repeatedly with nobody answering.

• Slovenia, Male, 18-24
13th Nov 2015
2.9

Upon arrival, we learned that the hostel was overbooked. This happened to about 20 other people too. As it was too late to book elsewhere, we slept on the (very dirty) living room floor. And yet- online, the hostel was still promising empty rooms for that same day. When we finally got a room the next day (with many many phonecalls to the owner), we found our bed sheets unwashed, an annoying old lock, the windows could not open (the room smelled terribly), and to top it all off- a broken shower.

• altheakchantal5976
  • France, Female, 25-30
12th Nov 2015
5.1

I read all the reviews but I had no choice. It's as bad as the reviews say. No key, anyone can pop in your room in the middle of the night, even BOYS in FEMALE DORM, since BOYS get to sleep in FEMALE DORMS. I stayed 3nights, managed to argue my way in after I was told that they didn't have a room for me even though I sent them emails (which they ignored) &tried to ring them to confirm my booking (voice message always full). If you book a room, doesn't mean you have one. Stale cereal