Russell Scott Backpackers Reviews

47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds, England

The property was well located if hard to find. A sign would have been nice so that I would have been certain I was entering a hostel and not someone's house. Overall it was decent for the price.

Room is tiny, no space, only two bathroom for all of people in the house, and one bathroom shower ( the right one ) is not hot enough. Staff is very helpful, location is easy to locate after checking with staff

Bed was comfy, shower was great, staff were friendly!

hard to find, because there is no sigh on the house

Nice hostel, definitely comfortable! However, finding it is really difficult, so if possible, add better directions from the train station to the hostel. Also, a label outside would be nice, because I was unsure if it was the right place when I first arrived. The front door was also always unlocked (I wasn't out at night, though) when there was nobody at the desk, which I don't think is a huge issue as it seems to be a safe area, but still.

Nice place to stay at. Short walk to town. A bit loud in the evenings.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Iceland

It's a little house where they had an hostel. My door was really hard to open and to close.

Overall, definitely worth the £15 a night I paid for 6 bed dorm room. Free breakfast included of bread, Cereals, eggs, OJ, unlimited coffee and tea all day, Hot showers. Even though hostel is very close to city centre,it is difficult to find the hostel especially at night as it is hidden amongst a council estate. My only complaint would be, the bed matress I slept on, on my first night was uneven, really old, worn out and slanted in one side. This made for an uncomfortable night's sleep.

Very good for price, especially considering it included breakfast. The same code for room and front door made me slightly uneasy, and need a sign outside as was very difficult to find. Overall is good value and would stay again.

• 24th May 2014

This hostel is average in most ways, but the location is excellent: near the University and city centre. Nevertheless, I do have one big issue: when I asked the host to recommend a decent place to grab dinner, he couldn't name a single restaurant or pub and suggested I order take-out. I ended up walking around until I found somewhere. That wasn't a a big deal, but I find it odd that the host at the hostel couldn't answer one of the most typical questions for a guest new in town to ask.

Okay, super awkward. Pros: room to myself (no other girls booked for the 2 nights I was there), great wifi, included breakfast, not too far from the city, next to a lovely little park. Cons: didn't see staff a single time after checking in except when I was sick a day and they kept coming in to the girls room without so much as knocking (I understand I should be out for the day, but illness happens), feels like you're trespassing in a home (no keys, in a house, no signs), and bed bugs.

• 15th May 2014

Russell Scott Backpackers is essentially a private house in suburuban Leeds (right next to the city centre) which has been converted to a backpackers. That being said, it's the only backpackers in Leeds, so it's definitely the best one in town - but if there were any competition then you'd probably want to stay there.

Ok hostel. Only one in Leeds. Would be good if there was a sign out front.

Converted semi-datached house on estate,but close to town centre facilities. A bit cramped,but quite good value. Sleep a bit disturbed,when other room mates turn up at 3.15 am!

My stay in this hostel been really nice, the hostel is near to the city centre in a quiet place, there's a receptionist name is Carlos who is very kind and he been a big support while I was there. I recommend this hostel and I will back for sure

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Spain

Shared bathroom between too many people, couldn't get near one of them to have a shower/use the facilities before having to check out which was an hour earlier than on booking confirmation.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

To me this wasnt a hostel, it was more like a b&b, i found the instruction on how to get to this hostel not useful al all and i had to use goggle maps on my phone to find it. The staff where helpful in the sense of having a map of the city and once i knew where i was going it was quite easy to find my way back to the hostel.

Terrible hostel charging way too much especially off season. It is crowded and poorly run

Everything was excellent, except mattress. Please invest in some better one. Anything else was great. I will recommended to friends and other visitors.

It was a pleasure to stay in such a nice hostel. The staff was verry polite, helping and decent. The facilities are very good. I enjoyed self served breakfast having chat with othere fellows. Not very far from the train station and worth paying. I highly recommend this hostel to stay.