Russell Scott Backpackers Reviews

47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds, England

The reception staff was very helpful and friendly. I arrived early and no one was there, so I walked around until my check-in time and that was fine. Good wifi and breakfast.

• 15th Oct 2014

Plus points: The internet worked, The people were friendly The lady working there was nice, but never there except once or twice The breakfast was included and enough was there for everybody. Minus points: It was not clean, except for the kitchen. Floor was unclean and I would not want to use the bathroom barefoot. After having spent two nights there, the lightbulb had disappeared on the third evening! No person at checkout, but keys for rooms were just laying around one day.

Good staying

I was staying in a house from which the hostel was moving to new premises so it is difficult to give a fair assessment. However, Martin at reception, in the main house, was very helpful as was the owner whom I met on my last morning. I think they will create something not only good but also a bargain.

Close to the university campus, friendly atmosphere, but only 2 bathrooms and a relative small room for 6 people.

I would recommend writing down the address and get into a taxi to find the place it is hard to find due to it being a house in an estate

This hostel is more of a home than a hostel which I quite liked. It is small, comfortable and cosy. Quite difficult to find to begin with, but once you are there you have no trouble returning. If you could put up a sign, or even images of which house it is. Had a good stay though. Beds super comfy and hot showers!!

5 bed room small. 2 powerpoints a bit annoying but also 2 in the dining area. Cereal/toast breakfast was enough. Bathrooms, kitchen, bedding clean. Staff friendly, emailed for arrival time. She left phone number for if we needed contact while she wasn't there. No signage out front so make sure you write the address down! They're meant to be getting some soon.

This hostel is in a neighborhood and just looks like any other house, so be prepared for that. There are no signs. It feels like you're staying in someone's house, 2 normal bathrooms, serve yourself breakfast, reception doesn't get there until the afternoon. It's perfectly fine to stay here, and it's the only hostel in Leeds so you don't have too many options anyways.

Very squeeky beds. Can get very seasick in them. Reception is open till around 10pm and there's no one in the morning, so if you arrive late or need assistance in the morning, this could be an issue. quite near to pubs, food places and downtown.

The property was well located if hard to find. A sign would have been nice so that I would have been certain I was entering a hostel and not someone's house. Overall it was decent for the price.

Room is tiny, no space, only two bathroom for all of people in the house, and one bathroom shower ( the right one ) is not hot enough. Staff is very helpful, location is easy to locate after checking with staff

Bed was comfy, shower was great, staff were friendly!

hard to find, because there is no sigh on the house

Nice hostel, definitely comfortable! However, finding it is really difficult, so if possible, add better directions from the train station to the hostel. Also, a label outside would be nice, because I was unsure if it was the right place when I first arrived. The front door was also always unlocked (I wasn't out at night, though) when there was nobody at the desk, which I don't think is a huge issue as it seems to be a safe area, but still.

Nice place to stay at. Short walk to town. A bit loud in the evenings.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Iceland

It's a little house where they had an hostel. My door was really hard to open and to close.

Overall, definitely worth the £15 a night I paid for 6 bed dorm room. Free breakfast included of bread, Cereals, eggs, OJ, unlimited coffee and tea all day, Hot showers. Even though hostel is very close to city centre,it is difficult to find the hostel especially at night as it is hidden amongst a council estate. My only complaint would be, the bed matress I slept on, on my first night was uneven, really old, worn out and slanted in one side. This made for an uncomfortable night's sleep.

Very good for price, especially considering it included breakfast. The same code for room and front door made me slightly uneasy, and need a sign outside as was very difficult to find. Overall is good value and would stay again.

• 24th May 2014

This hostel is average in most ways, but the location is excellent: near the University and city centre. Nevertheless, I do have one big issue: when I asked the host to recommend a decent place to grab dinner, he couldn't name a single restaurant or pub and suggested I order take-out. I ended up walking around until I found somewhere. That wasn't a a big deal, but I find it odd that the host at the hostel couldn't answer one of the most typical questions for a guest new in town to ask.