6.4
Good 169 Total Reviews
6.4
Good 169 Total Reviews
Russell Scott Backpackers Located at 47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds.
England
Leeds West Yorkshire LS7 1HT 47A Well Close Rise, Leeds
64% 169
53.8076329 -1.5446895
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
27th Jul 2016

Brilliant. The staff were excellent. The facilities were well looked after and spotless. The general atmosphere was good helped by the kitchen facilities and the big tv. All in all I would strongly recommend it.

• Mexico, Mixed Group, 31-40
19th Jul 2016
2.3

Our stay was horrible, but we endured it because the cost was already charged. When we arrived it wasn't discernible who could give us information, because this place has no reception, it is actually a house with small rooms packed with beds. We made a list, but there's not enough space, so, in short, the building is falling apart and the premises are pretty dirty. The services are far under the standards of any other hostel we've been in, with all the implications on your health and safety.

we do apologise that your experience with us was not to expectation. however, on the night that you arrived we were informed that it was at 1am and on of our staff members were there to check you in, and it had taken our cleaners two hours to clean the rooms that you had occupied after your departure. Thank you for your review

• USA, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2016
6.0

First-- the hostel has moved, so none of the pictures are accurate to what I saw. The new house is just around the corner from the original location, but it's not as nice as the pictures-- the kitchen and common room are bright and fine, but the bathroom is pretty grim. Either the house is undergoing some repairs, or it is just old, but there was definitely an unfinished feeling about the place. There only seemed to be 1 staff member, who I only saw during check-in. Our room had only 1 key.

27th Jun 2016

Nice House like hostel about a ten/fifteen minutes walk from the city center. Great manager. Nice kitchen and lounge area for a small house type hostel. Great select of cereals for breakfast, along with coffee and tea, toast and jams. Decent value for the price in Leeds.

• Canada, Male, 41+
20th Jun 2016
7.7

I booked for June 20 and then saw I had booked the wrong day. I wanted June 19. I immediately telephoned the hostel and asked that I wanted the 19th and not 20. They said they can't talk to me and hung up the telephone. I emailed and said what I wanted. Next day they emailed back and said the change was made. They said I was now booked for June 19 and not 20 and they CONFIRMED it. Then on June 27 they took payment from my credit card for June 20. I asked for this money back but they did not.

• England, Male, 31-40
4th Jun 2016
5.4

They had not supplied us with the correct amount of rooms which I had paid for luckily this worked out in my favour as someone had dropped out but if this wasn't the case someone wouldn't of had a bed. She did apologise and I did get a refund for the room. Rooms finished to very low standard and beds wobbly and creaky. The back door was open and couldn't be locked and the taxi driver said the location was not a nice area. Smoke detector where removed from every room.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
17th May 2016
2.3

THIS HOSTEL OWES ME MONEY. I had the WORST EXPERIENCE a customer could ever have. IT IS NOT A SAFE PLACE, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR WOMEN. I was initially given a ROOM WITHOUT A LOCK, and the front door also doesn't lock so there was direct access from the street to my room!! I asked to be moved to a room w/ lock, this room cost less but I haven't been reimbursed yet despite being promised and following up 4 times. The hygiene state is deplorable, sheets smelled humid, depressing atmosphere. Horrible!

• England, Male, 25-30
13th May 2016
3.7

Front door doesn't lock and was wide open upon arrival there is only one key for the dorms which were also left unlocked so not at all secure. It's cheap accommodation but stay here at your own risk.

• England, Female, 31-40
5th May 2016
4.6

The hostel had a mediocre atmosphere and facilities. I couldn't find how to get a towel or turn on the hot water because the assistant did not understand much English. I was locked out of the dorm because one resident requested a dorm room key and she locked the door, I didn't have one and had to get her up to get in.

• China, Female, 18-24
27th Mar 2016

My roommates are so nice! A good small hostel!