Russell Scott Backpackers Reviews

47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds, England

Mould in the bathroom and showers, place hadn't been cleaned in months I think. Sinks were full of hair and God knows what else.. Left after one night because it was so horrid. A 6 bed dorm that should have been a 3 bed dorm maximum in terms of size. Crums and empty wrappers all over the floor. Staff were not too unfriendly, but the entire place is just so under.

Stayed here for Leeds fest and was an excellent price. The beds were very comfy and wifi worked well. It's a little far out of town (15 minute walk) but not bad. The kitchen was pretty good, and nice that they provide a simple breakfast. The shower was kinda moldy and the other didn't work all that well. Definitely a backpackers hostel, but great value during the festival!

My booking had been cancelled at the last minute. Had to book somewhere else. As the hostel overbooked my reservation.

• 27th Aug 2015

Matrass was really bad. It was noisy, tiny room, not much space. Staff was friendly.

There isn't any cleaniness in all the hostel and in adition in the room. The floor was dirty and sticky. Sheets used and hairs from the previous tenant. There was nobody of the staff to complain. and The staff called us at 9:30pm by phone to ask us "why until this moment we didn't stay at the hostel yet". We explain that we had until 11 pm for check-in, but despite that it seemed wrong. Only there is a bathroom with toilet for all rooms and the other only with shower, both were very dirty.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Nothing spectacular, but definitely not a bad stay. The free breakfast is a good plus and the location isn't too far off of anything if you don't mind a bit of a stroll. It's quiet and relaxing.

While I stayed at this hostel, major refurbishment works were carried out. The front door was open most of the time and there was no lock at my private room so that I could not leave any valuable items in my room. The hostel is rather far from the city centre. The accommodation has not the typical hostel-character but is rather a room in a rented house in multiple occupancy.

A smaller version of their hostel in Sheffield. Nice manager and very social atmosphere. Dorm rooms are small, so people tend to spend more time in the common area,(no TV)...which make it more social. 15min walking distance for the city center...so no need to take a bus to this hostel. Security lockers for rent at a pound a day.Free wifi was in good working order!

Very good experience.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • China

This hostel is a house converterd into a backpackers.. Feels like youre in a share house as its small but its very homey.. The city centre is close about a 10-15 walk..The lady who runs the hostel is very friendly and helpful. she even came out for dinner and beers with us! was a nice stay

Nice little place and I would definitely choose it again on a future visit.

• 3rd Jul 2015

It's a cute little hostel inside a house, about 20 minutes walk from the city center but there's a bus stop not too far with buses directly to the center. Good kitchen and wifi works well. Quite a quiet place in a quiet area, little seating area, which has been pretty quite while I've been here. Well maintained and the receptionist is great (Andrea), anything you need she will help you. Very friendly and has definitely made my stay here that much better, she's been great. Would reccomend!

When I first entered Russel Scotts., I wasn't so sure as I was comparing it to the more modern, European backpacker hostels I had stayed previously. However once I was greeted by Andrea ()the receptionist and found out that the breakfast facilities could be eaten/drunk at any time you wanted and got into the comfy bed I was completely at ease. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and loved the location - easy to access the main road ()don't follow google maps it adds an extra 15mins)

• 15th Jun 2015

Thank you so much for having me! Staff were very kind and helpful, would recommend!

Friendly, hardworking staff. Always someone available (if not in the reception then by phone). Location is a close walk to centre.

• 17th May 2015

The first hostel that I saw converted from a house, I love the idea. My stay was brief I went for a conference and I had everything I needed. Breakfast was included with milk which was quite nice. I had a big room to myself with a double bed, it was really cozy. Thanks

Small little hostel, but very nice and clean. I really liked my stay here. you have all the basic facilities like kitchen, toilets, shower, and rooms were clean. Special thanks to staff lady Andrea who helped me to buy tickets online. Great hostel and great staff.

Run from this horrific place!! It is nothing NOTHING as advertised. The positive reviews on hostel world are fake, Goole this place and get real reviews - I wish I had. To start, it is nota 15 min walk from city core, try1 hour. And the area is so rough that when i asked a mother for directions she advised me to not stay in the area, especially after dark. Building looks like it should be condemned its so , dirty and gross. Mattress pushed up against filthy window was black and very thin.

Horrible hostel. Easily one of the worst I have been in. Located far from the center, in what seems to be a council house, no parking around, nothing around. The bathrooms were horrible and the room locked only with a padlock. Staff in trackpants, barely spoke english, didn't smile once. Funny moment: Pointed at an empty bag of bread and empty jar of marmelade and said "this: bread, this: jam, breakfast included"

It's 30 minutes walking distance from bus station or train station, so obviously it is a little bit far. I was the only one in my room so I feel it's worthy for that money. I had a well sleep in this hostel. The staff is nice. They have kitchen and they provide utensils. Anyways, I feel it's not so bad for backpacker. However, if you wish a better quality, then you should find a hotel instead.

• 17th Apr 2015