Russell Scott Backpackers Reviews

47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds, England

A smaller version of their hostel in Sheffield. Nice manager and very social atmosphere. Dorm rooms are small, so people tend to spend more time in the common area,(no TV)...which make it more social. 15min walking distance for the city center...so no need to take a bus to this hostel. Security lockers for rent at a pound a day.Free wifi was in good working order!

Very good experience.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • China

Nice little place and I would definitely choose it again on a future visit.

• 3rd Jul 2015

It's a cute little hostel inside a house, about 20 minutes walk from the city center but there's a bus stop not too far with buses directly to the center. Good kitchen and wifi works well. Quite a quiet place in a quiet area, little seating area, which has been pretty quite while I've been here. Well maintained and the receptionist is great (Andrea), anything you need she will help you. Very friendly and has definitely made my stay here that much better, she's been great. Would reccomend!

When I first entered Russel Scotts., I wasn't so sure as I was comparing it to the more modern, European backpacker hostels I had stayed previously. However once I was greeted by Andrea ()the receptionist and found out that the breakfast facilities could be eaten/drunk at any time you wanted and got into the comfy bed I was completely at ease. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and loved the location - easy to access the main road ()don't follow google maps it adds an extra 15mins)

• 15th Jun 2015

Thank you so much for having me! Staff were very kind and helpful, would recommend!

Friendly, hardworking staff. Always someone available (if not in the reception then by phone). Location is a close walk to centre.

• 17th May 2015

The first hostel that I saw converted from a house, I love the idea. My stay was brief I went for a conference and I had everything I needed. Breakfast was included with milk which was quite nice. I had a big room to myself with a double bed, it was really cozy. Thanks

Small little hostel, but very nice and clean. I really liked my stay here. you have all the basic facilities like kitchen, toilets, shower, and rooms were clean. Special thanks to staff lady Andrea who helped me to buy tickets online. Great hostel and great staff.

Run from this horrific place!! It is nothing NOTHING as advertised. The positive reviews on hostel world are fake, Goole this place and get real reviews - I wish I had. To start, it is nota 15 min walk from city core, try1 hour. And the area is so rough that when i asked a mother for directions she advised me to not stay in the area, especially after dark. Building looks like it should be condemned its so , dirty and gross. Mattress pushed up against filthy window was black and very thin.

Horrible hostel. Easily one of the worst I have been in. Located far from the center, in what seems to be a council house, no parking around, nothing around. The bathrooms were horrible and the room locked only with a padlock. Staff in trackpants, barely spoke english, didn't smile once. Funny moment: Pointed at an empty bag of bread and empty jar of marmelade and said "this: bread, this: jam, breakfast included"

It's 30 minutes walking distance from bus station or train station, so obviously it is a little bit far. I was the only one in my room so I feel it's worthy for that money. I had a well sleep in this hostel. The staff is nice. They have kitchen and they provide utensils. Anyways, I feel it's not so bad for backpacker. However, if you wish a better quality, then you should find a hotel instead.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

Very poor cleaning condition, windows broken so they were open all night, however very friendly staff and good breakfast.

Wonderful stay... The staff is really helpful and sweet

Good value for money.

A very nice hostel with a lovely staff and a friendly atmosphere.

Quite small shover cabins

the location was fantastic near city centre the 6 bed room was too small should only be 4 bed a TV in the lounge would't have gone a mis other than that the place is fine

Ok for a night but I wouldn't want to stay for an extended period of time. Not much space. Staff very friendly and breakfast was provided.

• 28th Feb 2015

Great value for the money.