Russell Scott Backpackers Reviews

47A Well Close Rise, Leeds, Leeds, England

Small little hostel, but very nice and clean. I really liked my stay here. you have all the basic facilities like kitchen, toilets, shower, and rooms were clean. Special thanks to staff lady Andrea who helped me to buy tickets online. Great hostel and great staff.

Run from this horrific place!! It is nothing NOTHING as advertised. The positive reviews on hostel world are fake, Goole this place and get real reviews - I wish I had. To start, it is nota 15 min walk from city core, try1 hour. And the area is so rough that when i asked a mother for directions she advised me to not stay in the area, especially after dark. Building looks like it should be condemned its so , dirty and gross. Mattress pushed up against filthy window was black and very thin.

Horrible hostel. Easily one of the worst I have been in. Located far from the center, in what seems to be a council house, no parking around, nothing around. The bathrooms were horrible and the room locked only with a padlock. Staff in trackpants, barely spoke english, didn't smile once. Funny moment: Pointed at an empty bag of bread and empty jar of marmelade and said "this: bread, this: jam, breakfast included"

It's 30 minutes walking distance from bus station or train station, so obviously it is a little bit far. I was the only one in my room so I feel it's worthy for that money. I had a well sleep in this hostel. The staff is nice. They have kitchen and they provide utensils. Anyways, I feel it's not so bad for backpacker. However, if you wish a better quality, then you should find a hotel instead.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

Very poor cleaning condition, windows broken so they were open all night, however very friendly staff and good breakfast.

Wonderful stay... The staff is really helpful and sweet

Good value for money.

A very nice hostel with a lovely staff and a friendly atmosphere.

Quite small shover cabins

the location was fantastic near city centre the 6 bed room was too small should only be 4 bed a TV in the lounge would't have gone a mis other than that the place is fine

Ok for a night but I wouldn't want to stay for an extended period of time. Not much space. Staff very friendly and breakfast was provided.

• 28th Feb 2015

Great value for the money.

Very lovely place, a bit far (well 15mn walking it's okay) from the city center, the only problem was to find it because it's like a house not a proper building but it's okay. The staff was very nice. The facilities and breakfast good too ! I've enjoyed my stay in this hostel !

The lights in our flat was not working and it was pitch black! It was so far away from the city centre. The reception took a very long time to attend to us and we had to ring the bell 3 times before the door was open.

Very cheap, had all the facilities needed and was clean, didn't need much more. However, my bed was rather uncomfortable, but the guy I was travelling with said his was ok, so that may have been a one off issue.

I expected this to be an actual hostel. Feels more like a few beds stuck in the spare room of someone's home. It's dirty and in a slightly dodgy neighborhood. I would never stay here again.

Great place. Very hospitable owner

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Pakistan

Being the only hostel in Leeds we really didn't have a choice of where to stay. However, next time we would be willing to pay extra to stay in a hotel. The place was falling apart (holes in the floor, broken shower, squeaky beds) and it wasn't the cleanest place to stay. In addition, it was extremely difficult to find because neither the streets or hostel were clearly labeled. The only positive is that the WiFi connection was very strong.