Russell Scott Hostels Reviews

28, Brandreth Road, Sheffield, Sheffield, England

I'm disappointed with my stay at Russel Scott Hostel in Sheffield. Most of all: it was extremely cold in the hostel. I slept in my winter cap! Hostel is located 30 minutes by walk to town centre.

Clean, have nice breakfast (cereals, bread & jam, tea & coffee). Nice, equipped kitchen with a nice view from the window. Good value for money. I'd recommend this hostel. Have internet (sometimes very slow, because too many people wanted to use) During mornings it was quite cold in the building.

A comfy bed, warm room and warm shower - so very welcome in those regards. The free breakfast was nice too, if basic. There wasn't much of a community feel though. And our fellow hostel guests thought it a good idea to have a party in the kitchen below our room at 5am. We were there for a climbing weekend, so early(ish) nights and sleep were more a priority for us.

• 30th Jan 2015

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel very much. It was wonderfully quiet and peaceful and in a good location for using the university library that i had come to do research. The bed was very comfortable and good internet connection.

Quite difficult to find. The rooms were okay but I felt the linens weren't changed as often as it should be. But it's cheap so you get what you paid for.

It is too far from everything, and to find it was a hell of a job! It is not dirty, but that does not mean that it is brilliantly clean. One of the Showers did not work. Staff was nice.

It's the only hostel there and it's not too expensive, but they should offer something better. Staff at the reception was pretty rude (except for the young man who checked me in), the reception opens only in late morning, they do not even have a printer to print a boarding pass, no lockers, the room was very cold and the bathroom smells of mold. Only one shower working and no hot water the last day (though they said we couldn't use the shower properly). Kitchen, wi-fi and other guests were ok.