Russell Scott Hostels Reviews

28, Brandreth Road, Sheffield, Sheffield, England

Always a good hostel, just somewhere to sleep. Triple bunks aren't great anywhere though. Great location, love the area.

A really good hostel unlike its Leeds sister. Clean, spacious and safe. A bit far from the center but good value for the money

Friendly guy at reception, very helpful. Clean and comfatable.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel is ok. The bed are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean and the showers are hot. In short, this hostel is average and in some areas it definitely needs improvement. The lock on the door was a code, and I put in the wrong code one day and the door opened anyway...slightly concerning! Breakfast provided isn't really a full breakfast, and the fact that the food is often let out all day is also concerning. Stay for a couple of nights if you need to, but expect that it won't be that great

Bit of an awkward place, we were staying for a night out in Sheffield, but quick and easy taxis into the town centre. Great place, really clean and tidy and the room was lovely that we stayed in! Four of us in a single room, a bunkbed and two single beds. Such a great atmosphere that we all loved and we are thinking of staying again later in the year. Breakfast in the morning too. All round a really cheap and cheerful place that has spacious, tidy and clean facilities.

• 11th Apr 2015

Worst hostel on my trip. Bad location. Receptionist played computer games when I checked in. Rest of the hostel seemed to be deserted until 1 - 4pm when loads of people arrived, walked along the foor and made noise. Kitchen was dirty.

Great little hostel, friendly staff. Even let me use the loo after checking out, and my business in the city was done! Thank you! One thing to consider, having water or teas in the room would be really helpful, it's a shame you have to travel to the kitchen in the night when if you're just a little thirsty

• 25th Mar 2015

The hostel was fine and good value for money for the UK. I stayed there for a conference/work, so I welcomed the quiet atmosphere. Facilities were clean, there was hot water, and a radiator in the room. The staff were great and waited until I arrived for check in after hours.

I'm disappointed with my stay at Russel Scott Hostel in Sheffield. Most of all: it was extremely cold in the hostel. I slept in my winter cap! Hostel is located 30 minutes by walk to town centre.

Clean, have nice breakfast (cereals, bread & jam, tea & coffee). Nice, equipped kitchen with a nice view from the window. Good value for money. I'd recommend this hostel. Have internet (sometimes very slow, because too many people wanted to use) During mornings it was quite cold in the building.

A comfy bed, warm room and warm shower - so very welcome in those regards. The free breakfast was nice too, if basic. There wasn't much of a community feel though. And our fellow hostel guests thought it a good idea to have a party in the kitchen below our room at 5am. We were there for a climbing weekend, so early(ish) nights and sleep were more a priority for us.

• 30th Jan 2015

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel very much. It was wonderfully quiet and peaceful and in a good location for using the university library that i had come to do research. The bed was very comfortable and good internet connection.