Russell Scott Hostels Reviews

28, Brandreth Road, Sheffield, Sheffield, England

I booked a private room but the hostel was over booked on the 1st night and I had to share a dorm room. The attitude of the staff member that called me to inform me was "if you don't like it go somewhere else". The building is clean enough, the wifi worked well.

We got there later than we said (but wasn't a problem), the chap on the front desk was helpful and help me with our bags to the room. Wasn't noisy that night, had a good sleep. In the morning we found that previous reviews on the showers were accurate ( no pressure). Have no comment on the breakfast, because we needed to fly.

• 30th Jul 2015

Nothing wrong with the place really and it's very near a large supermarket. It is out of town a bit, but the staff were nice and the people were okay.

It was a interesting experience. I think it worths as its costs. Location is not far away from city center. It takes about 20min in tram. But at first it was very difficult to find it. Maybe many people will surprise at its location. Bathroom was good. But the room i stayed was very cold and damp. And bed cover was also damp, so i felt bad. Kitchen was a little bit dirty. Entirely dirty and confused although facilities were good.

Very poor impression I arrived at 6 pm and was told they had no bed for me. My reservation had not been acknowledged by them despite Hostelworld having sent request and deposit to them !!

Always a good hostel, just somewhere to sleep. Triple bunks aren't great anywhere though. Great location, love the area.

A really good hostel unlike its Leeds sister. Clean, spacious and safe. A bit far from the center but good value for the money

Friendly guy at reception, very helpful. Clean and comfatable.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel is ok. The bed are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean and the showers are hot. In short, this hostel is average and in some areas it definitely needs improvement. The lock on the door was a code, and I put in the wrong code one day and the door opened anyway...slightly concerning! Breakfast provided isn't really a full breakfast, and the fact that the food is often let out all day is also concerning. Stay for a couple of nights if you need to, but expect that it won't be that great

Bit of an awkward place, we were staying for a night out in Sheffield, but quick and easy taxis into the town centre. Great place, really clean and tidy and the room was lovely that we stayed in! Four of us in a single room, a bunkbed and two single beds. Such a great atmosphere that we all loved and we are thinking of staying again later in the year. Breakfast in the morning too. All round a really cheap and cheerful place that has spacious, tidy and clean facilities.

• 11th Apr 2015

Worst hostel on my trip. Bad location. Receptionist played computer games when I checked in. Rest of the hostel seemed to be deserted until 1 - 4pm when loads of people arrived, walked along the foor and made noise. Kitchen was dirty.

Great little hostel, friendly staff. Even let me use the loo after checking out, and my business in the city was done! Thank you! One thing to consider, having water or teas in the room would be really helpful, it's a shame you have to travel to the kitchen in the night when if you're just a little thirsty

• 25th Mar 2015

The hostel was fine and good value for money for the UK. I stayed there for a conference/work, so I welcomed the quiet atmosphere. Facilities were clean, there was hot water, and a radiator in the room. The staff were great and waited until I arrived for check in after hours.

I'm disappointed with my stay at Russel Scott Hostel in Sheffield. Most of all: it was extremely cold in the hostel. I slept in my winter cap! Hostel is located 30 minutes by walk to town centre.

Clean, have nice breakfast (cereals, bread & jam, tea & coffee). Nice, equipped kitchen with a nice view from the window. Good value for money. I'd recommend this hostel. Have internet (sometimes very slow, because too many people wanted to use) During mornings it was quite cold in the building.

A comfy bed, warm room and warm shower - so very welcome in those regards. The free breakfast was nice too, if basic. There wasn't much of a community feel though. And our fellow hostel guests thought it a good idea to have a party in the kitchen below our room at 5am. We were there for a climbing weekend, so early(ish) nights and sleep were more a priority for us.

• 30th Jan 2015

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel very much. It was wonderfully quiet and peaceful and in a good location for using the university library that i had come to do research. The bed was very comfortable and good internet connection.

Quite difficult to find. The rooms were okay but I felt the linens weren't changed as often as it should be. But it's cheap so you get what you paid for.

It is too far from everything, and to find it was a hell of a job! It is not dirty, but that does not mean that it is brilliantly clean. One of the Showers did not work. Staff was nice.

It's the only hostel there and it's not too expensive, but they should offer something better. Staff at the reception was pretty rude (except for the young man who checked me in), the reception opens only in late morning, they do not even have a printer to print a boarding pass, no lockers, the room was very cold and the bathroom smells of mold. Only one shower working and no hot water the last day (though they said we couldn't use the shower properly). Kitchen, wi-fi and other guests were ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6