Russell Scott Hostels Reviews

28, Brandreth Road, Sheffield, Sheffield, England

Always a good hostel, just somewhere to sleep. Triple bunks aren't great anywhere though. Great location, love the area.

A really good hostel unlike its Leeds sister. Clean, spacious and safe. A bit far from the center but good value for the money

Friendly guy at reception, very helpful. Clean and comfatable.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel is ok. The bed are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean and the showers are hot. In short, this hostel is average and in some areas it definitely needs improvement. The lock on the door was a code, and I put in the wrong code one day and the door opened anyway...slightly concerning! Breakfast provided isn't really a full breakfast, and the fact that the food is often let out all day is also concerning. Stay for a couple of nights if you need to, but expect that it won't be that great

Bit of an awkward place, we were staying for a night out in Sheffield, but quick and easy taxis into the town centre. Great place, really clean and tidy and the room was lovely that we stayed in! Four of us in a single room, a bunkbed and two single beds. Such a great atmosphere that we all loved and we are thinking of staying again later in the year. Breakfast in the morning too. All round a really cheap and cheerful place that has spacious, tidy and clean facilities.

• 11th Apr 2015

Worst hostel on my trip. Bad location. Receptionist played computer games when I checked in. Rest of the hostel seemed to be deserted until 1 - 4pm when loads of people arrived, walked along the foor and made noise. Kitchen was dirty.

Great little hostel, friendly staff. Even let me use the loo after checking out, and my business in the city was done! Thank you! One thing to consider, having water or teas in the room would be really helpful, it's a shame you have to travel to the kitchen in the night when if you're just a little thirsty

• 25th Mar 2015

The hostel was fine and good value for money for the UK. I stayed there for a conference/work, so I welcomed the quiet atmosphere. Facilities were clean, there was hot water, and a radiator in the room. The staff were great and waited until I arrived for check in after hours.

I'm disappointed with my stay at Russel Scott Hostel in Sheffield. Most of all: it was extremely cold in the hostel. I slept in my winter cap! Hostel is located 30 minutes by walk to town centre.

Clean, have nice breakfast (cereals, bread & jam, tea & coffee). Nice, equipped kitchen with a nice view from the window. Good value for money. I'd recommend this hostel. Have internet (sometimes very slow, because too many people wanted to use) During mornings it was quite cold in the building.

A comfy bed, warm room and warm shower - so very welcome in those regards. The free breakfast was nice too, if basic. There wasn't much of a community feel though. And our fellow hostel guests thought it a good idea to have a party in the kitchen below our room at 5am. We were there for a climbing weekend, so early(ish) nights and sleep were more a priority for us.

• 30th Jan 2015

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel very much. It was wonderfully quiet and peaceful and in a good location for using the university library that i had come to do research. The bed was very comfortable and good internet connection.

Quite difficult to find. The rooms were okay but I felt the linens weren't changed as often as it should be. But it's cheap so you get what you paid for.

It is too far from everything, and to find it was a hell of a job! It is not dirty, but that does not mean that it is brilliantly clean. One of the Showers did not work. Staff was nice.

It's the only hostel there and it's not too expensive, but they should offer something better. Staff at the reception was pretty rude (except for the young man who checked me in), the reception opens only in late morning, they do not even have a printer to print a boarding pass, no lockers, the room was very cold and the bathroom smells of mold. Only one shower working and no hot water the last day (though they said we couldn't use the shower properly). Kitchen, wi-fi and other guests were ok.

Though there are no lockers, the reception do be able to look after valuable items (even if I didn't use this service). Tesco and bus stop are just within 5 mins walk. 10 mins travelling time by bus from Sheffield interchange. The most disturbing thing is only that it locates on the hill if you haul a heavy luggage. (So better to take bus 31, 31A or 10 to get there) But there's another advantage that you can see the nightshade from the room on the facade.

The room was quite damp and cold and this resulted in the bedding being damp to sleep in.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

It's a bit out of the way, but the friendly staff make up for that. Beds were comfortable and there was free breakfast, which you could eat whenever in the morning. Was good as I had a couple of early starts. Was a standard hostel, not the best hostel ever, but also far from being the worst! Would stay again if I was in Sheffield.

Decent hostel in a safe working class neighborhood . Pretty much a house that has been converted to a hostel, and for the only hostel in Sheffield, they are doing a pretty good job. The street on the directions is not well marked but if you get off the bus/tram at tescos it will be on the right side if your facing tescos...after that I just asked a few people and sort of found my way there. Once there it's Nice little hostel.

Clean and comfortable hostel, in a nice location, situated just off of bus and tram routes into city centre. Nice kitchen facility with hot drinks 24hours, and free breakfast, and space to eat meals at a dining table. Bedrooms were ok, and could do with a few more facilities, like lockers/cupboards to store luggage securely, free towels provided would have been nice, bedside reading lights needed, aswell as hooks to hang coats, clothes up. Not enough bathrooms,toilets for the number of bedrooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6