Russell Scott Hostels Reviews

28, Brandreth Road, Sheffield, Sheffield, England

could do with a light on the front door area by the entry terminal thing.i couldn't see to put in the code.also no heating in the actual dorm and lukewarm shower.but staff were brilliant and its a good location by the tram stop infirmary road.

Only stayed one night but would of liked to stay another night. Very warm and relaxing if you just need a place to stay.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • British Virgin Islands

The bed was comfortable though I'm not sure if fresh sheets were provided. Even then the shets were clean. However the bathrooms were not that clean. These are not cleaned everyday and there are huge moulds in the shower area. The staff was helpful and accessible. The kitchen was also not very clean. The room also had a smell and seemed that it was not properly sanitised.

The lady at the reception was very friendly. However, the room had damp issues which made our stay unpleasant and difficult. Also, the residents above our room came back to the hostel at 3:00 am shouting and playfighting. We went past that as you expect these incidents in hostels. However, they were very inconsiderate towards everybody else and made a lot of noise until 9.00 o’clock in the following morning. We hardly had any sleep. They left the main entrance door open and we had to get up and

Very disappointed, the hostel was damp and unclean. It was expensive for what we got. The location was dodgy and we were put in a twin room after booking a double. The staff were slow and unorganised. So bad we left and went to stay in a travelodge. Hands down the worst hostel experience we have ever had.

• 15th Nov 2015

First night I didn't stay in the room that I booked. They said me to stay with other 5 people (I had booked single room). I didn't pay for it for deal. The day after I moved my own room. It was down stairs and near the kitchen so there was always food smells in the room. There was not a place to chat with the others just the smelling kitchen. There was always a disturbing humidity smell. They really need help for the building and how relationship education with the customers. It was pretty cold.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Turkey

A joke of a business. They took our deposit but had no beds for us or plenty of other people that also had bookings. Staff offered no help whatsoever so we were faced with walking back to city to pay top dollar for a city centre hotel on a weekend. Whole thing is a sham. Hope the place closes down as soon as possible, would hate to think people from outside of the UK have come or will come to Sheffield and experience this as this really should not happen. Hope they get whats coming to them

I found it difficult to find the hostel (get the wrong way twice), so you are traveling alone it will be better if you find the way first during daytime. at night I saw some teenagers wander around playing(and police car as well), so it may not be a problem. If you know the way, its not that far from tram station (just within 10 minutes walk). Slope in front door and stairs inside , consider it if you have heavy suitcase(i have my backpack so its not a problem for me)

I have never felt so unwelcome at a hostel. The service was atrocious and when we checked in the member of staff tried to trick is into paying our 12% deposit twice once to hostel works and once to the hostel directly.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

walking into the hostel i was able to walk straight threw to the reception without being greeted with anyone, i had to wait 12 minutes at the front of the hostel saying hello relatively loudly until someone came and greeted me, the front door was wide open demonstrating that security was at a minimum as if i can walk in unnoticed anyone can. the receptionist was unprofessional and untrained, he demonstrated that he was unable to finalise the transaction purely because he was not taught

• 31st Aug 2015

I booked a private room but the hostel was over booked on the 1st night and I had to share a dorm room. The attitude of the staff member that called me to inform me was "if you don't like it go somewhere else". The building is clean enough, the wifi worked well.

We got there later than we said (but wasn't a problem), the chap on the front desk was helpful and help me with our bags to the room. Wasn't noisy that night, had a good sleep. In the morning we found that previous reviews on the showers were accurate ( no pressure). Have no comment on the breakfast, because we needed to fly.

• 30th Jul 2015

Nothing wrong with the place really and it's very near a large supermarket. It is out of town a bit, but the staff were nice and the people were okay.

It was a interesting experience. I think it worths as its costs. Location is not far away from city center. It takes about 20min in tram. But at first it was very difficult to find it. Maybe many people will surprise at its location. Bathroom was good. But the room i stayed was very cold and damp. And bed cover was also damp, so i felt bad. Kitchen was a little bit dirty. Entirely dirty and confused although facilities were good.

Very poor impression I arrived at 6 pm and was told they had no bed for me. My reservation had not been acknowledged by them despite Hostelworld having sent request and deposit to them !!

Always a good hostel, just somewhere to sleep. Triple bunks aren't great anywhere though. Great location, love the area.

A really good hostel unlike its Leeds sister. Clean, spacious and safe. A bit far from the center but good value for the money

Friendly guy at reception, very helpful. Clean and comfatable.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel is ok. The bed are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean and the showers are hot. In short, this hostel is average and in some areas it definitely needs improvement. The lock on the door was a code, and I put in the wrong code one day and the door opened anyway...slightly concerning! Breakfast provided isn't really a full breakfast, and the fact that the food is often let out all day is also concerning. Stay for a couple of nights if you need to, but expect that it won't be that great

Bit of an awkward place, we were staying for a night out in Sheffield, but quick and easy taxis into the town centre. Great place, really clean and tidy and the room was lovely that we stayed in! Four of us in a single room, a bunkbed and two single beds. Such a great atmosphere that we all loved and we are thinking of staying again later in the year. Breakfast in the morning too. All round a really cheap and cheerful place that has spacious, tidy and clean facilities.

• 11th Apr 2015