6.7
Good 245 Total Reviews
6.7
Good 245 Total Reviews
Russell Scott Hostels Located at 28, Brandreth Road, Sheffield, Sheffield.
England
Sheffield S6 3JU 28, Brandreth Road, Sheffield
67% 245
53.3908148 -1.4894843
    Rooms available

• England, All Male Group, 25-30
31st Dec 2016
2.0

I booked 2 rooms in this hostel for NYE and was called 2 days before to say our booking had to be cancelled due to a burst pipe. Over the phone, they offered to provide pictures of this and to find us a new hostel in time for the 31st, but I did not receive another phone call from them leaving me to find my own alternative accommodation. Would not recommend to anybody.

• England, Female, 41+
5th Dec 2016
2.0

Staff couldn't speak English I was overcharged my deposit wasn't taken off the price and because the lady couldn't speak English she didn't know what I was on about . She mentioned something about the manager but he didn't materialise . The hostel is in a rough part of Sheffield approx 3 miles from the centre not 1 mile as stated .It was not very clean bathrooms dirty .I had booked a male and female dorm but we were showed to the same dorm like we were sharing . Worst hostel I've stayed in .

• Ireland, Male, 41+
2nd Dec 2016

hotel was fine, it was the 'double booking' on the first night that meant i couldn't have the room i had booked that took things down a bit. how can a room be double booked already when i arrived at almost exactly the earliest checking in time?

• England, Mixed Group, 41+
29th Nov 2016

Excellent overall. Helpful staff, and good facilities. Providing linen and self service breakfast much appreciated. It should be noted that the free parking mentioned on the website will tend to take up one of the hostel's neighbour's parking spaces, which is undoubtedly irritating for them. Just down the hill and turn right however were a few unoccupied spaces however.

26th Nov 2016
6.0

Had problem first day signing in as there was no bed available

• England, Male, 18-24
12th Nov 2016
2.0

I have never used a hostel before this night I book and without finding an actual decent place to stay, I probably never would of again. Staff are terrible with no training and ignorant enough to talk about me/my booking in a foreign language. Said my booking was cancelled once I arrive due to over booking. Denies this once I have informed Hostel World to get my booking fee back after 2 months of contacting them. DO NOT USE THIS HOSTEL!

• Slovenia, Male, 31-40
21st Oct 2016
3.7

Horrible, bleak, dire experience. 2nd worst hostel I've ever stayed at (by a thin margin). Reasons: - way out of town location (tram makes it passable) - not a nice area at all and no amenities worth mentioning nearby - absolutely no atmosphere - passable staff, but far from usual friendly travellers/hostel-types - loud noises and people coming & going & shouting until 3AM - only to start again at 5AM - beds & furniture worn through and threadbare - wifi not working

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
17th Oct 2016
4.3

Terrible. Would never stay again nor would I reccomend it to anyone.

• England, Female, 31-40
14th Oct 2016

Lovely hostel, it's the second time there for me. There was a woman with disruptive behaviour though, but likely she was asked to change room on both occassions

• Australia, Female, 41+
7th Oct 2016

The staff didn't have much English, but completely made up for it with their beautiful attitude and sense of hospitality along with the cleanliness, welcoming and safe feel of the hostel. As an older traveller this is all important to me. The house is old. Its a lovely location but a bit out of the way to get to (once you find the tram its a lot cheaper, but I had to take a taxi from the station which did add 7 quid to the very reasonable rates). Overall I would go their again.