Rut & Ragnars Hostel Reviews

Nobelvägen 113, Malmo, Sweden

I was not overly impressed. The atmosphere was terrible. All old people.

Decent place to crash for the night, however I wouldn't come to this hostel if you're looking to meet new people. Most people I saw were 40+, not a traditional backpacking hostel. Have to pay for sheets. Cleanliness was a plus

This place doesn't have much atmosphere, not so good for solo travellers. But good facilities, plenty of showers and 2 kitchens. Some great cafés around the place, it's a nice neighbourhood.

I got a weird vibe from this hostel, there was a very large age range from 20's to 70s. The staff were quite helpful and there are two large common areas both with comprehensive kitchens which was great. There was no real atmosphere and travelling alone i didn't find anyone to hangout with. It's a 15min bus ride from the main station and there was one square nearby with bars.

Very friendly staff.

I like this Hostel...cheap by Swedish standards...and better if you bring linen. A reasonable walk to Trianglen station, not the best part of town for food but a small supermarket near by...

Friendly staff, the bathrooms were not the best, but overall not a bad place to stay.

walking distance to city center, curtains in 14-bed dorm for privacy, outlets at every bed, key card access to hostel and rooms. felt like some people were living there. lacked typical hostel atmosphere. enough if you just want to stay a night

We have been there for 1 night in the 18-dorm. Check-in after 9pm was without any probs even though no staff was there. Nice common rooms, well equipped. But I will do never - NEVER - do a 18-dorm again. It was horrible, hot, and one snoring man destroyed the whole night (also with earplugs). I slept only half of the night. Apart from that, the hostel is ok. Kiosk in front which is opened almost the whole day and sells a lot of food.

I had a very good experience here. There was nothing to complain about at all, except maybe a sterile atmosphere. There's not really any life to the place, but everything else was really great. The age range was pretty big too: some older people, some young families, some college kids. The staff was friendly, the facilities were clean and plentiful. The location is quite close to all the fun stuff. Good place!

I didn't mind paying for sheets but I did mind when after I put them on I realized the duvet cover sheet really smellled putrid. My schedule was tight, leaving early and coming back quite late and did not find the time to ask for new sheets. I luckily brought a blanket of my own which I put on top of the duvet so I wouldn't have to smell the duvet cover when I slept. The fact that there were ear plugs in the room was a god send! It saved me one night when there was a very loud snorer.

I liked the curtains a lot. Strange people in the hostel. Quite dark without much view.

• 12th Jun 2015