Rut & Ragnars Hostel Reviews

Nobelvägen 113, Malmo, Sweden

I like this Hostel...cheap by Swedish standards...and better if you bring linen. A reasonable walk to Trianglen station, not the best part of town for food but a small supermarket near by...

Friendly staff, the bathrooms were not the best, but overall not a bad place to stay.

walking distance to city center, curtains in 14-bed dorm for privacy, outlets at every bed, key card access to hostel and rooms. felt like some people were living there. lacked typical hostel atmosphere. enough if you just want to stay a night

We have been there for 1 night in the 18-dorm. Check-in after 9pm was without any probs even though no staff was there. Nice common rooms, well equipped. But I will do never - NEVER - do a 18-dorm again. It was horrible, hot, and one snoring man destroyed the whole night (also with earplugs). I slept only half of the night. Apart from that, the hostel is ok. Kiosk in front which is opened almost the whole day and sells a lot of food.

I had a very good experience here. There was nothing to complain about at all, except maybe a sterile atmosphere. There's not really any life to the place, but everything else was really great. The age range was pretty big too: some older people, some young families, some college kids. The staff was friendly, the facilities were clean and plentiful. The location is quite close to all the fun stuff. Good place!

I didn't mind paying for sheets but I did mind when after I put them on I realized the duvet cover sheet really smellled putrid. My schedule was tight, leaving early and coming back quite late and did not find the time to ask for new sheets. I luckily brought a blanket of my own which I put on top of the duvet so I wouldn't have to smell the duvet cover when I slept. The fact that there were ear plugs in the room was a god send! It saved me one night when there was a very loud snorer.

I liked the curtains a lot. Strange people in the hostel. Quite dark without much view.

• 12th Jun 2015

Wonderful hostel, we wrote ahead about late arrival and recieved email with security codes to let us into our rooms, but someone still stayed at reception to greet us. Rooms are great, even in the big dorms with 20+ beds you feel like you have a private room with all the seperate compartments and curtains and power outlets for each bed! Kitchens, laundry room and Bathrooms are great, fully equipped and spacious. Overall a great experience and very friendly people!

The hostel is not bad if you are looking for a cheap place to stay in Malmo - do not expect much from it: it looks like an old dorm turned into a hostel without any specific spirit.

The hostel is just OK. Our room was a little bit stinky (someone have to clean their feet more often) and big rooms aren't always the best option (it was really hard to navigate in the dark after 21:00 when turning on the light was always connected with an angry murmur). Also kitchen could use a little cleaning hand.

I would not recommend this hostel at all. It's located in a sketchy area (about 30min from the city centre) and the hostel itself is dirty and shabby. They have a code for the main door that they don't change often, so former guests and others who know the code can enter at any time - I did not feel safe at this place. Most of the other guests here seemed like they lived there, so it's not the best place to meet other travellers etc. Few showers available and the wifi didn't work in the rooms.

Room, location, stuff, bed sheets, beds, kitchen, etc. were good and clean, but the bathrooms were really dirty.

• 7th Mar 2015