9.2
Superb 516 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 516 Total Reviews
Ryokan Muntri Boutique Hostel Located at 62 Jalan Muntri, Georgetown, Penang.
Malaysia
Penang 10200 62 Jalan Muntri, Georgetown
92% 516
5.4200881 100.3356751
    Rooms available

11th Jan 2017

We had a fantastic experience staying at Ryokan! The staff was so friendly and knowledgeable, and definitely helped us understand what to do and see. The location is fantastic for visiting Little India and the UNESCO core zone. It's also close to Love lane which has a lot of cheap bars. Also the breakfast had a good variety and was very yummy! Another plus is that each bed has its own light and outlet with two plugs and two USB ports, great for charging your phone!

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Jan 2017

Fantastic hostel. Can't recommend enough. Very clean, perfect location and very safe and secure. Loved my stay here. Wish I could've stayed longer. Mac and all other staff were extremely helpful. Free breakfast was a great bonus.

5th Jan 2017

The BEST hostel I have ever stayed in. Rain showers, unique breakfasts, charismatic staff, and interesting travelers from all over the world created a wonderful experience for me at Ryokan.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
4th Jan 2017

Lovely new hostel in old Georgetown. The dorm rooms are small but have large lockers you can fit a decent-sized bag into. The beds are comfortable, however, I found blood on my sheets when I arrived - beware the bed bug! Bathrooms are nice. There are too few showers for the number of guests and I had to queue on occasion. The breakfast is great - really excellent coffee - and the staff more than happy to help with any problems. I enjoyed my stay.

• Justdandeh
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

I have been traveling for 3 months and this is the best hostel I stayed at. It was really easy to make friends. The breakfasts every morning set the tone for a great day. Mac is amazing! If you go to this hostel you'll get to chill with him then you will know what I'm talking about. Location is perfect. It really feels comfortable like home but adventures like a great hostel!

2nd Jan 2017

The hostel is super clean and beds confortable. Mac was great recommending places to go. Saying that the rooms are EXTREMELY small. It was hard with 4 people and 4 backpacks. We did have a power socket but no lights in each bed as in other rooms making it hard to do anything while people were sleeping.

31st Dec 2016

This place was great. Staff was super friendly and helpful, the place was really clean and I never needed to wait for the bathroom. Wifi was also really good, and the people I was in the room with didn't keep the air conditioning on all night so didn't run into the freezing situation. The location is also great, a quiet street but not creepy, and there's a cute cat cafe down the block. I stayed there for 2 nights and would recommend anyone to stay here.

25th Dec 2016
7.4

The dorms are nice and the entire hostel is very clean. The staff are super amazing especially Mac. But not many common areas to hang out and the overall social vice is a bit low. Also, the showers and the washrooms can be better.

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
20th Dec 2016

It's a good hostel forvthe backpackers as there are just essential things for the accommodation. The room was quite small, but there no problem to sleep in.

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Dec 2016

Once we had arrived and checked in.. Three hours later we found out we had been placed into the wrong room as a current guest came back in screaming and shouting that my friend was in his bed. The staff had accidentally cleaned out the wrong room. Once we were placed in the correct room, everything was great. The wifi was good, beds clean, air con working (although it made us both ill) and plenty of space. They also put on a good breakfast and had the football on downstairs over the weekend