Ryokan Muntri Boutique Hostel Reviews

62 Jalan Muntri, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

Great location for exploring Georgetown. It was really quiet, clean and had air conditioning which meant I slept really well here. The beds were really comfy too! It had a secure front entrance which was good and a locker (we had to buy a padlock). There didn't seem to be that many guests and it didn't have a communal vibe but getting sleep so I could enjoy Penang during the day was much more important to me. Decent hot showers too!

• 5th Apr 2015

The hostel was very quiet, good if you want a good night sleep not good if you want to meet anyone else on your travels. Thought it was overpriced compared to other hostels in the area. Would stay somewhere else.

• 26th Mar 2015

Ryokan was the best. The location was so convenient for me to walk anywhere and the breakfast was good. Room was clean and the air-conditioner was able to be controlled separately in each dorm by the guests. Especially the staffs were so kind, always smiling and helping me out. Multiple factors must be satisfied to make one's trip fascinating, including the accommodation. Ryokan was not only good enough, but perfect in contributing to my beautiful memories of Penang. Thanks to Ryokan:)

A nice location & Atmosphere~! But their staff is NOT FRIENDLY AT ALL and they are proud ! It is all because when the time i or my friends were talking to the staff they were like not really care and even didn't gave us a friendly smile i don't even saw a smile at their face in that 3 days !

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

It is my favorite vintage style house.