• Shimabara Nishi-Shinyashiki-Shimono-cho, Kyoto, Japan

9.5
Superb 108 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 108 Total Reviews
Ryokan Sanki Located at Shimabara Nishi-Shinyashiki-Shimono-cho, , Kyoto.
Japan
Kyoto 600-8829 Shimabara Nishi-Shinyashiki-Shimono-cho
95% 108
34.9926853 135.7436960
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 31-40
19th May 2016

This was my first ryokan experience. It's... a very Spartan hotel room for the same price. If you want to experience traditional Japanese culture, go ahead, but realize that it's very bare bones. No bed, just 2 thick blankets to sleep on. No desk or chair. Shower and toilet down the hall. It reminded me of a private hostel room. I would pay $50/night because of it's simplicity. The $100/night I paid would be better spent on a normal hotel room. The woman that worked there was very nice.

• Indonesia, Female, 31-40
21st Apr 2016

If you want to feel the local, this is perfect! The room is very traditional Japan, and it's located in the neighborhood that very calm place. In 1 minute you will find Onsen/Sento. Nice to try it! And the price is quite good for budget travelers like me. This place is recommended!

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
2nd Apr 2016

Traditional Japanese Hostel and hygienic. the owner is very nice. Only 2 sockets in my room and it's a little bit inconvenient. only one bathroom shared with whole hostel. the toilets are very small.

• Canada, Female, 41+
30th Mar 2016

Ryokan Sanki was one of the nicest places that we stayed at during our holiday in Japan. It felt like we were really getting to experience the Japanese lifestyle through this ryokan. The lady who hosted us was so gracious and accommodating. I enjoyed having my cup of ocha in the morning and evenings and loved the added touch of the yukata being provided so that I could enjoy my hot bath!

• Ireland, Couple, 31-40
20th Mar 2016

Tidy ryokan with 2 sentos just around the corner. Close to tambaguchi train station. 50 minutes walking to centre of Kyoto. Very friendly host who introduced us to the facilities but left us uninterrupted after that until check out. Shared bathroom. Seperate bath shower room in Japanese style. Clean rooms with a/c. Free wifi.

• China, Male, 31-40
19th Feb 2016

It is a good place to try the Japanese style ryokan. It is near the JR Tambaguchi Station (丹波口駅), and also there are some bus stops nearby.