Ryokan Sansui Reviews

4-16 Koamicho Naka-ku, Hiroshima, Japan

Ryoken Sansui was one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The owner was very kind, friendly and helpful. She even gave me her umbrella after I checked out because it was raining and I didn't have one. The room was comfortable and clean. The location was walking distance from the main part of the city, but it was also very close to one of the main streetcar lines. I definitely recommend this place for anyone visiting Hiroshima.

Comfortable and clean, a bit more information on arrival about booking meals and how to work shower etc would have been helpful.

We were looking to not spend much money and stay at a ryokan. This may not be the most traditional ryokan, but the woman who runs it is sweet, and we had a good experience there. Her breakfasts are good value; remember to give her advance notice. The big breakfast table and bathroom facilities are shared by all the guests. We enjoyed chatting with the other breakfasters and didn't have any contention for the shower room, so that all worked well for us.

• 29th Oct 2013

The hotel owner was like a mother to us. She was very friendly and helpful, even took a photo of us and gave us a printed copy the next day. Great location (5 mins walk from A-bomb memorial, 2 mins to tram station)