SAKAI GUEST HOUSE Reviews

1-3-3,Sumiyoshibashicho, Sakai-ku, Sakai-shi, Osaka, Japan

Owner was great and friendly, nice use of facilities

A very great hostel! Even though I stayed for one night, I had an enjoyable experience!

The hostel is right by Sakai station which is ¥820 on the train system express route. The guy working/living there was really cool and nice, he also knew the city very well and could easily set you in the right path to any destination you may want to visit. There were also many other very cool people living in the hostel. 10/10

Good place to stay, but the location is a little out of the way

Overall, my experience was great. The location isn't the best but it's pretty close to the airport and parts of Osaka. Nari-San (the owner) was very hospitable and took some of the guests to some of the local spots. Sakai has some incredible food joints sprinkled all around the station. We were lucky enough to enjoy some amazing Japanese cuisine. I had some "kushi-katsu" which is their breaded meat and vegetables on a stick dipped in some sweet sauce. It was simply delicious! Great place to stay

We had a really nice stay at the Sakai Guest House. It was not difficult to find the location of the house from the Sakai train station. Nari was really nice, and we also met a lot of friends from different countries in the common room. The atmosphere and the environment were also good. We really enjoyed our stay.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

We arrived to a sign on the door telling us the code to get inside, which was completely empty and very eerie. The owner arrived took our payment and left soon after. Over our stay we only saw him briefly and he was generally fairly rude. There are only two bathrooms, one of which is connected to the only shower so that can be a problem as theres only one bathroom when someone showers. The only advantages are clean and provides a bed but i wouldnt recommend this place if you can find elsewhere.

Hostel was great location for going to airport. Probably 20 minutes from city. Very close to subway. Place only has around 4 rooms so it is quite small. It is very easy to meet and hang out with others that are staying there if there are any.

Only one shower room is totally not enough !!!

Overpriced compared to other hostels, especially proper guesthouses. No new set of sheets given (the bottom pad and pillowcase case might have been cleaned, but who knows), bathrooms and shower are a bit rundown. The AC barely works, and worse the manager will turn it off to save money. No room keys and lockers are small. The location is far away from central Osaka, and the station is slow. I don't understand why the ratings are so high for this place. Not bad, but not great.

Only spent a couple nights at this hostel, owner was a super nice guy and was there to help most of the time. Hostel was very clean and had a very homey feel to it! Only downside was the location. On one hand, I booked it for the proximity to Kansai airport as I had a early flight one morning but on the other hand, it could be quite costly to get to places in Osaka and was usually quite a ride. The nearest 7-11 was also quite far away (for sake of an ATM for foreigners)

This place was great, it felt like home away from home as it was in a quiet area away from the Namba city center but not so far away to get to. The downside is that it's not close to the JR LINE but it only costs 260yen to get from Sakai station to Namba station where all the action is.

Comfortable as always.

LOVED this hostel. The area of Sakai is beautiful and everyone should for sure spend a day exploring. It's a smaller hostel and lots of people passing through but felt very home like to me, always people to chat with but you still can have privacy. Showers and kitchen were nice and bed very comfortable. Owner speaks great English and willing to help point you in the direction of anything you need, he also keeps the place super clean! My favourite hostel hands down!

One of the best hostels throughout my trip! Great company, comfortable beds, clean facilities, and definitely worth the price. I'd love to go back!

The manager was nice and polite, waited up when we were held up in immigration, checking in the wee hours of e morning. Nice facilities, u can cook and put ur stuff in the fridge and the beds, omg so comfy! every time we came back, we just crashed!

I enjoyed my stay. Very quiet and clean location. The people staying there are very cool, too. I don't have any complaints.

• 27th Mar 2015