SIDC Serviced Apartments & Houses Reviews

132 Rathmines Rd Lower, Rathmines, Dublin, Ireland

The door of the house was always open.. I did not liked this stay very much, i think you can get way better for the same money

I would say that if you have the choice to stay somewhere else you absolutely should. It was very unnerving that the front door was always open and the only security to the rooms was a regular key for a bedroom. They had double booked and made a bed for me in the kitchen, with no discount. It actually turned out that this room was more comfortable than the actual bedroom they gave me, which was tiny, the bed terrible and far to short, I am only 5 foot 4 and my feet came out the end.

We did not realise that there is no reception and that we had to arrive at a certain time which obviously can be very difficult if you are coming from another country. The bedroom was clean and tidy but the corridor and the kitchen were a bit messy. It was not clear how to turn the shower on but one of the very friendly tenants in the house showed me.

• 29th Aug 2014

Simply figuring out which of the two properties I should be at was difficult, with the manager of the apartments suggesting I should upgrade to a more expensive (but virtually identical) room in their south side property rather than the north side. Ended up on North Strand rd. The room and bathroom were not clean at all. The girl who showed me my room proceeded to, a little later in the evening, unlock my door and walk in on me to take blankets off the spare bed. Agh. Cheap, but a bit of a kip.

At the beginning, we weren't sure, if we were at the right place. There was no Sign or anything on the wall or the door. Just a paper with a telephone number and "SIDC". Well, when we figured that out, the staff was very helpful. It's more like a bed and breakfast without breakfast. Although we hardly saw any staff, we were in "What's app' contact. i think, it's really hard to find such a cheap and at the same time good and clean hostel in Dublin.

the major problem was the water pump (of the entire building) that was practically in our room. So whenever anybody in the house use water it becomes to make a terrible noise. Sleep might be very difficult

Sorry I didn't realise that the pump makes sufficient noise to disrupt your sleep,you are the first guest to mention it. The pump was installed only to give greater water pressure for the shower in the ensuite bathroom in the room that you stayed in, the rest of the house doesn't need it, so we could have switched it off when you weren't using the shower if you had mentioned it during your stay.

I wasn't in any danger.