SLO Living Hostel Reviews

5 rue Bonnefoi, Lyon, France

Absolutely fantastic - one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Staff was friendly, atmosphere was great, and the place was very clean. Nice patio to hang out on, and the breakfast is delicious. A nice, relaxing place to come back to after a day of sightseeing. Oh, and they do walking tours of Lyon - very nice.

• 27th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel. Smaller, boutique feel to it. Very accommodating and friendly. Perfect for a couple visiting Lyon. Slightly loud at night due to some sort of Arab market nearby.

I had a wonderful time at SLO hostel! The location is very close to the metro line and restaurants, shops, etc. The staff were so helpful and accommodating. Beds were super comfy and their patio area is very chill. I would highly recommend this hostel.

Very nice hostel, friendly staff, activities at night were excellent!

For me is not like a normal accommodation but is a lovely home Amazing hospitality, the staffs was amazing, Florent & Victor and others... friendly and provided lots of travel information. 100 % recommended to stay there.

The hostel is close to the city center but the neighborhood is totally different as I expected. There were a lot of Arab men who only sit at cafes in the road and are making comments when a girl passes by. It's totally unsafe for a girl to walk alone after sunset in this neighborhood. The bathroom at first floor was always dirty (no matter if 6:00 in the morning or 23:00 was).

Very nice and lovely hostel with a great design. Really friendly staff. Had a great stay here and the outdoor area is really wonderful. Thank you very much.

This was a great hostel to stay at, the staff are very friendly and helpful and when I was there I met a great group of people. The facility itself is very clean and nice, definitely a step up from other hostel looks and decor. Also when I was there they were hosting a local travel event at the hostel and it was a great and free way to meet locals from Lyon.

Staff was really cheerful and smily which was very important. Also Liked the events going on there:-) was a good chance to get along with local people!

It's a great hostel here, the staff are very kind and helpful, even it's a little bit expensive but I'll still choose to stay here next time;-)

There is only one bathroom for two 8 person rooms and the other showers are located far away on another floor.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Poland

We were in a 6 bed female dorm with shared bathroom. Beds were comfortable and the lockers had enough space for our backpacks. Bathrooms were clean and very spacious. Staff was so helpful with recommendations and directions. We paid 5 euros for breakfast which was worth it (many things are closed Sunday mornings). It was quiet at night and there was a great outdoor courtyard space to hang out. With we could have stayed longer!

Very clean, modern, secure hostel. Good location and great facilities. However they would benefit from having some group activities or something. First time in a hostel that I haven't gotten to know anyone else staying. Draws a bit of an older crowd as well. Definitely "slo" living

Hi and Thanks for your comment and suggestion. As this is our first year of activity we only launched group activities from the 1st of June 2015 just after you arrived (walking tours, pub crawl and activities inside / outside the hostel with guests and locals). Sorry if it was too "calm" when you stayed in our hostel.

Great location, bathrooms were nice, would recommend.

Very laid-back atmosphere, clean and hip facilities, strong and consistent Wi-Fi connection, good value for money, lovely breakfast (croissant, baguette, cereal, granola, juice, milk, coffee). My only issue is that the surrounding neighborhood doesn't feel very safe after dark. Carry a flashlight or get back to the building before late.

• 25th May 2015

Everything was wonderful! Style, cleanliness... Definitive recommendation!

This is the best hostel I ever stayed. The staffs are cute! And very helpful!

• 19th May 2015
  • China

It's location is only alright. It just takes about 10 minutes walk to get to a nicer and more open area of town. But the hostel itself is great! It's really modern looking and clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are nice. I really enjoyed the breakfasts and dinner on Sunday- it gave us a chance to have long conversations with other travelers!

The staff was very nice and helpful for describing me the main attractions in Lyon and recommend some places for eating. It is a new and well-kept hostel in an old but renovated building, with new furniture. It was a nice stay!!! I really recommend it!!!

Most of the staff was outstanding, one lady was a grouch. Not cheap for a hostel, but considering it's Paris, it was a good price.

Hi Thanks for your comment. Sorry if one of our staff member disappointed you. Maybe she was in a bad day, we barely never had any complain about our staff... We will be very careful in the future and will ask our staff member to be carefull ;-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4