SLO Living Hostel Reviews

5 rue Bonnefoi, Lyon, France

I received a very warm welcome including a glass of wine when I arrived at the hostel even though it was past 11pm at night. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is new and well run with great facilities and a short metro ride to the centre. A great place to stay if visiting Lyon!

Just the epitome of a perfect hostel, minus an absent kitchen and 5 euros for a basic breakfast, but totally salvageable for the friendly staff, relaxing decor and environment, well-maintained facilities, and just the overall fact that it smells like heaven in here. Also close-by to the underground and main train station, as well as maybe a 5-minute walk to the bridge. Super fast wifi! Definitely one of my faves and set a standard for the rest of my hostel stays.

Nice clean facilities. Very friendly and helpful staff

Very nice place ! Good location and clean bed. If i visit lyon, i will go back again ! Really good :)

Small but really comfortable, perfect for a short stay, the personal was very nice and the background music was good also : P.

This hostel =- probably the best in France I've stayed it - is exceptionally clean, very secure, features very friendly staff, a good breakfast, nice indoor and outdoor 'chill-out' areas, a wide selection of books to read, and is topped off by pleasing atmospheric music in the main common area. I will definitely stay here again should I be in this region.

Good hostel. Nice staff, pretty good location. Put on a great dinner every night which includes wine. A really good place to stay. Thanks

I loved my stay here. The staff were super kind and helpful. It wasn't a super long walk to the peninsula, which is where I spent most my time. It would be cool to stay on the peninsula, though. Also I wish the kitchen were more accessible. It's not really meant for use by guests. Otherwise, the place is incredibly clean and chill, and a great place to relax and stay.

No kitchen, which is ridiculous for a hostel (I could have just stayed in a hotel and ate out for every meal..) Beds are very noisy. Not the best/safest location - its in an Arab district and walking around at night doesn't feel very safe. Breakfast is expensive for what it is - 6 euros for cereal and bread - and if you want a croissant its 1 euro extra..per croissant!

Hi.Even we don't have cooking hobs yet, we have a microwave, fridge, kettle, plate, glasses, which can be used by our guests. There's a supermarket 3 mn walking and you can easily cook. We are between the chinese, french and arabic district and we never had ANY safety problem. That is what we can call a "cosmopolite area" and won't disturb open minded travelers. Breakfast is not 6 but 5€, ALL YOU CAN EAT bread, cereals jam butter INCLUDING 1croissant pp + coffee/tea, really cheap for france !

Really nice hostel. Very clean with friendly staff.

Good wifi reception, very good location, very clean in room, but the staff can clean the toilets more often.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

We had a really lovely stay, the location is excellent and the staff were really helpful. The common area was really relaxed with a great atmosphere and bar. Although we stayed in an 8 bedroom dorm and there was only bathroom between us and another room which is a bit annoying and the beds were REALLY creaky.

The are looks a little bit strange but the hostel itself is great!!!

Really great hostel with lovely staff. Good location near to a Metro stop and really comfy beds!

• 27th Oct 2014

Shower room was very tiny. Very nice hostel, brand new and trendy. But there really isn't a "hostel" feel... No activities, drinks, etc. But great place to lay your head down.

Very well located, cozy ambience, and the best: the staff! CONGRATULATIONS!

깔끔한데 그날 다른방 사람들이 너무 시끄러웠구요 로비?인가 거기에서 돈받고 동네 모임하는거 같던데 정신이 없더라구요

Great location and facilities in deed. However, it was the most expensive hostel I stayed in France. 28 euros per person per night at mixed room with 6 beds. Overall, I really recommand this hostel when traveling Lyon and even, if I would go there, I'd love to stay !! :)

Hello and thanks for your review. For your information, our prices are far less expensive than some hostels in Paris or Nice (40EUR/night !!). Thanks for recommending us, it was a pleasure to welcome you ! Safe travels

Luxury hostel.. Atmosphere of a hotel, very clean and pretty and plenty of space. However, no cooking facilities (hotel..) and not enough bathrooms for the dorms rooms (1.5 bathrooms For two 8 person rooms). If you want a cheap hotel- that is your place!

Hi ! Thanks a lot for your review. We do have cooking facilities that we share with our guests (microwave, kettle, plates, cutlery, fridge, etc.). Regarding the bathroom, we have a total of 1 bathroom for 5/6 persons in the hostel which is higher than the hostel industry average ;-) See you soon and safe travels !

The staff (Julien