SLO Living Hostel Reviews

5 rue Bonnefoi, Lyon, France

Hostel is located in walking distance from railway station and touristic area. Nice place to stay, clean and new  Coffee in the m6orning was delicious, staff very nice and helpful. The only disadvantage was failure of wi-fi so no internet connection in the evening. Rest is great and I recomend the place

The place is clean, quiet, an cozy. The staffs are nice. And there are metro, supermarket, and cafes nearby. Moreover, it is just few blocks away from le place Bellcour. I have a good time and there.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

It is a good hostel, the staff was young and helpful and energetic. It is a very modern hostel. Thanks. The only 2 small issues I noticed are the area around the hostel I didn't feel secure but somehow it is. It wad just a feeling. The other issue was not allowing alcohol to enter the hostel. You need to buy them from the bar which are relatively cheap but I would like to have an option to buy it from the hostel or outside. In general I would recommend staying at this hostel. Thanks.

Thanks a lot for your comment and happy to see you would recommend our hostel. Just a precision : alcohol is not allowed inside the hostel (common area and rooms) because of french alcohol regulation.

As a solo budget traveller this hostel was not an ideal for for me, first of all no kitchen, this is not advertised clearly on this site and as they are a hostel I just assumed they would have one. For the price I could stay in a hotel and just eat out and have my own bathroom.. Otherwise staff lovely, clean, funky hostel in a rough part of town.. But I still found the location perfect for exploring Lyon and good cheap eateries near by..

I love SLO livivng hostel!! The staff is really friendly and helpful. It is so lucky that i had been to this hostel during my stay in Lyon.

Super clean, bright, modern, good infrastructure. Not a party-place, but a good value for money if you want clean, bright dorms and showers. The breakfast for 5EUR is worth it.

Fantastic hostel. No kitchen though.

• 27th Aug 2014

Very very welcoming and comfortable hostel. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. The hostel has a very relaxing atmosphere, the interieur reminds one of a bar or a lounge rather than an hostel. I had a pleasant stay and would recommend it to anybody. There are a lot of multicultural shops and snack shops in the surrounding area, however I didnt feel the threatening atmosphere which was mentioned in some other comments.

• 25th Aug 2014

A nice and very clean modern hostel. The staff are great and the location is not too bad. You don't really have access to kitchen facilities without bothering the staff.

Very good value for money, Nice staff and facilities

• 22nd Aug 2014

it was the best hostel I've ever been ! so I could spend lovely days in there with helpful staffs and etc.

The staff are friendly, helpful and very accomodating. Perfectly safe location, didn't worry about security even late at night. Clean and nice ambiance. Justin and Charlotte and the rest of the staff were great. Would surely love to come back here in the future. Merci!

Overall nice hostel - met some good people at breakfast and is walking distance from the old town. Downside was a long delay at checkin and staff not welcoming. Also I asked to change booking and staff discussed for a few minutes but eventually decided it was too complicated. So ended up paying for an extra night than I stayed.

Thanks for your comment and review. Sorry if you felt that the staff didn't take into account your issue. After speaking with them, they didn't notice anything wrong with your checkin (you checked in quite late with our night receptionist so I cannot understand how you waited so long) or something wrong with your check out. I sent you an email to understand what happened exactly. Best regards and safe travels

Nice place to stay. Would do another night next time in Lyon.

Quite a modern hostel, located in a slightly dodgy neighbourhood but within walking distance of the centre of town and Lyon Part Dieu station. Small hostel with no kitchen in the hostel, which I always like to have, and only 4 or 5 showers for 9 bedrooms so I sometimes had to wait. The wifi didn't work that well, 'Hostel 2' kept cutting out. I was also woken one morning at 7:30AM by kids screaming in the courtyard and then a man opened the window and shout across the room at someone.

Thanks for your comment. The district of the hostel is quite multicultural but not unsafe. We never had an issue with customers. The kitchen is for staff but we can store food in a fridge for our guests & let you use our kettle, microwave, plates, cutlery, etc. We have a total of 7 showers for 38 guests that means a shower for 5/6 people which is a higher ratio than the average in the hostel industry. Regarding the wifi we are working on it but it worked well if you asked the reception.

The staff was excellent, but overall, the hostel was understaffed. Shared washrooms need to be cleaned more often and during busy times, there needs to be more than one person on hand for all that is offered at the hostel. At one point, we ordered two beers and charcuterie platter during happy hour, but didn't receive them and had to leave to meet some friends half an hour later. Some preparation in terms of having these things ready and/or a change in logistics would help. Same for breakfast

Hi, sorry if our staff was not fast enough. We hired one more person to improve the bathroom cleaning and service at rushed hours. As it is our first season, so we need to improve some little things. So thanks for your comment that will help us and hope the service will be more performant and faster for future guests during rush hours. Regards !

One of the best hostels I've been. Great staff and comfortable beds. Breakfast is not included in the price, but to pay 5 more euros is still a good deal I guess.

Very clean and modern hostel with good location. Lots indoor and outdoor social area.

I enjoyed my time at SLO Living very much and would stay there again if I have the chance. The entire staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the area, so they were extremely helpful. The bathrooms were cleaned at least once or twice every day, and the food was good. The common room and the outdoor space are open and decorated nicely, with a great vibe. It's not right in the touristy parts of Lyon, but the metro is just a 3 minute walk away and Bellecour right across the bridge.

• 5th Aug 2014

SLO Living, what an appropriate name. I had a marvellous time at this hostel and would recommend it to anyone who's keen for a quiet, slow paced stay in Lyon. The staff were great and the hostel is state of the art (minus a kitchen).

Hi ! Thanks for your comment and good review. It was a pleasure to welcome you and meet in Lyon. Just for information for other guests, we do have a kitchen for our staff that also can be used by our guests to store food, use a microwave or the kettle, plates or cutlery. Guests (or even us) cannot really "cook" in the kitchen, we didn't have the space for that unfortunately. Safe travels !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5