SLO Living Hostel Reviews

5 rue Bonnefoi, Lyon, France

clean place,friendly staff~ worth to stay here^_^

A really clean and great hostel. The staff are EXCELLENT! Easy to find, about 5 min from the subway stop.

Staff is so great! Read all the info on their website, it's a very accurate description.

• 11th Jan 2015

I loved this hostel, it was definitely a nice experience, I would come back and recommend it to my friends. I went with two other girls and it was their first hostel, so they were a little nervous. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed room e it was great.he hostel is VERY clean, I was surprised. I think I've never been in a cleaner hostel :)

• 11th Jan 2015

I love SLO living hostel's atmosphere the most. The bars, music,sofas, books, tourists sitting together... also the yard in the centre. I feel like if you are tired to go out,staying in the hostel is a good choice! I focused on my ethical paper while drinking beer and listening to real good music, and had dinner with two tourists and shared opinions and stories. This is the meaning of hostel stay. The room I stayed is clean with smell of wood. The beds are comfortable and with good location.

This is a very nice hostel located close to the metro station and the main touristic attractions of lyon. The staff is friendly and helpfull and the rooms and facilities are very clean. They have a living room where you can sit and talk to the other guests, while listening to some music. You are only allowed to drink the alcoholic drinks they sell at the hostel though, which is lame in my opinion, since they are a bit overpriced and they have a limited selection. Good place to stay overall.

Tiny kitchen area. No cooktops. Common area is ok but staff want to keep everything quiet and boring. Clean and well located though.

Great little hostel, nicest staff I've come across, just wish for something to create a better atmosphere like a games room or something.

Such a beautiful hostel, designed by local architectures and has an awesome atmosphere. It was by far the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. I was only there for three nights but I wish I had more.

• 1st Jan 2015

Great place to stay!It was clean and the staff were helpful! I don't speak an french and they really helped me out! I met lots of nice people in the hostel as well. The bathroom was clean, although there was no free breakfast. I would stay there again in an instant! Just don't come around major holidays like new Years like i did. I arrived and there was supposed to be 24 hour reception but they closed all day new years eve and new years day until 6pm and I ended up staying with a stranger!

Excellent staff, clean and modern hostel. Good atmosphere.

This hostel is excellent. The staff is more than excellent. The hostel's location is about 15 minutes from the main areas. The security is excellent and they have a very personalised customer services. In my opinion, this hostel with to stay.

Wifi was good only in the common area. I spent Christmas weekend there, so the atmosphere was probably already low, though it was booked full for that weekend. The hostel did not offer in-house dinners for the holiday, kitchen was the size of a closet and was told mainly for staff use. Some travelers I met were starving because all the restaurants closed, except shops run by Jewish or Muslims, which still left little to offer. Staff had little knowledge of what places might be open or suggestions to feed ourselves, except maybe you should go grocery shopping. Very clean, comfortable bed, clean bathrooms, hot showers, though. The only affordable accommodation under 30€ in Lyon.

close to metro stops...less than 10 minute walk from the "action." good location. staff was very courteous, accommodating, and helpful. lobby is chill and comfortable and great that they serve wine. id probably stay there again but for sure in a fewer person room.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. It was within walking distance of the river and other points of interest. After I checked out, they did not mind at all that I crashed in the lobby until late in the afternoon. Highly recommend this place!

• 19th Dec 2014

I received a very warm welcome including a glass of wine when I arrived at the hostel even though it was past 11pm at night. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is new and well run with great facilities and a short metro ride to the centre. A great place to stay if visiting Lyon!

Fantastic hostel! Clean, inviting, warm. Great hospitality with glass of wine upon arrival. Delicious breakfast. Helpful staff. Wifi dropped in and out. Large dorm rooms although limited bathrooms (1 shower/toilet) between 14 guests. However more in the next building. Definately recommend!

Just the epitome of a perfect hostel, minus an absent kitchen and 5 euros for a basic breakfast, but totally salvageable for the friendly staff, relaxing decor and environment, well-maintained facilities, and just the overall fact that it smells like heaven in here. Also close-by to the underground and main train station, as well as maybe a 5-minute walk to the bridge. Super fast wifi! Definitely one of my faves and set a standard for the rest of my hostel stays.

Nice clean facilities. Very friendly and helpful staff

Clean, modern and stylish hostel in a fairly good location - immediate area not that enticing but well placed in Lyon, a short walk to the main centre and not too far from the old town. 2 min from a metro. Breakfast was delicious, and the hostel was full when we were there so it had a good atmosphere. Dorm beds had individual lamps, lockers and plugs. Unfortunately, a mix up resulted in a man being placed in our female dorm for one night, but this was extremely well handled by staff. Recommended

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5