SLO Living Hostel Reviews

5 rue Bonnefoi, Lyon, France

I really loved everything about this place. The staff were lovely and very helpful. All the finishings are very modern. Everything is perfectly clean. I opted for the dinner on the first night and I was pleased, both to meet other travelers and to try authentic Lyonnaise food. The bed was super comfortable, with a light and a power point. If I return to Lyon I'll definitely stay here.

Perfect location: a short 15mn walk from La Part Dieu train station and 5 mn from the embankment. Non smoking, comfortable and roomy Scandinavian-styled inner lounge next to the reception desk. Small inner garden for relaxation or outside lunch/dinner breaks. Clean and spacious dorm rooms, equipped with individual bedside lamps and lockers (no padlocks but available on request at the reception). Pleasant staff (from Lyon), helpful and giving tipps about Lyon. Best B&B ever!!! Will come back! :)

• 19th Apr 2015

One oft best stay in Europe specially reception called Aladdin was really helpful n gave me lot of guidelines n make the stay really great.

I recommendend everyone to stay at this place! It has all needed with a very friendly and Helpful staff! Place is close to everything! We will come back ;)

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Really nice hostel and good location. The staff are really nice and helpful, beds are comfy with lights and power points and the place had a good atmosphere. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Really cool hostel to stay at. Breakfast seems overpriced, but i like being able to get drinks and snacks. Wi-Fi was good throughout, and each bed has its own outlet and light, although the lights light up the whole room. Really clean, and the outdoor space is lovely in warm weather. Staff was also helpful. Would definitely stay again!

The hostel was very clean but it got cold at night. Staff was friendly and the atmosphere was great. Try their dinner to get to meet new friends!

Everything was great! :) But the door in our room (to the courtyard) didn't close very well. I forgot to let you know! Thank you for everything

• 29th Mar 2015

Great place to stay in a lovely place like Lyon..Very stylish, clean, easily accessible to metro/ bus stations, friendly staff. Would definately stay there next time!..

Lovely hostel with very friendly staff. The only negative is that it's located in a neighbourhood (Guillotiere) that is, how shall I say, ethnic. To cross the Rhone from the hostel means navigating a square where gaggles of Arab men gather with nothing to do but ogle any passing female of even moderate attractiveness. For women, the one means of repelling them is to walk with a dog. Most of the men aren't strict Muslims, but retain an absurd phobia of canines. Apart from that, great place.

What can I say? It was a really nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. They played nice music in the reception/bar area. I would only make two suggestions: bigger pillows please and some fruit to go with the breakfast!

Amazing interior design, great atmosphere, bedrooms simple but clean and comfortable, very good value breakfast, definitely recommend, although hard to find as street is not in the public maps and the neighborhood is a little bit scary

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Poland

Location is good although a little hard to find. Staff was helpful and good for recommendations. Rooms were a nice size. Be sure to bring your own lock for the luggage lockers. I didn't stay there for long (just one night) but my only complaint would be the fact that the bed frame in my bunk blocks the outlets so you can't access the outlets. This needs to be resolved

Hello and thanks for staying with us ! Thanks also for your review. Regarding the locks we give our hosts a padlock for free at the reception (against a 5EUR deposit or an ID). Regarding the outlets, I guess our cleaning ladies moved a bed, we will have a look and fix that asap (We never had a complain about outlets before). Safe travels !

Clean, stylish and comfortable hostel! Staffs super nice, nice welcome drinks and nice breakfast!

Thanks a lot for your review ! It was a pleasure to welcome you in Lyon !

Classy place compared to most hostels. Worth the few extra euros. Good location, comfortable bed, good breakfast (they even make pancakes for you!), chilled out atmosphere. The staff are friendly and really go the extra mile to be helpful (e.g. printing off a football ticket for me while busy dealing with a big group that had arrived for breakfast).

Thank you very much much for your review and happy to see you enjoyed our hostel and services ! It was a pleasure to meet you !

We had a great stay at SLO Living...the staff are super helpful and friendly. Especially loved talking with Florent and Pierric. The design and feel of the hostel are very modern but it still feels comfortable. The beds were comfy and came with personal lights and outlets. Spacious lockers and good bathrooms, too. The common area has a bar, food, a computer, etc. so no complaints there either. A cool spot to stay to see an awesome town. Go! You'll like it!

Thank you very much for your review and happy to see you enjoyed your stay at Slo living hostel ! Safe travels !

More like a hotel but still a common area to hang out in. Rooms very tidy with bathroom in room. No lockers in room but I was in a 4 bd by myself so didn't matter. Great stay!

Hi and thanks for your nice comment and for staying with us ! For your information padlocks were available at the reception for free during your stay (against a 5EUR deposit or an ID). Safe travels !

The nicest staff EVER.

Thank you so much ! Really happy that you enjoyed your stay !

Breakfast is worth the 5euro's best quality food iv had at a hostel. One of the receptionists was really nice and helpful the other seemed a bit off and not so welcoming. Good for a nice night sleep, good music but not a party hostel, which was refreshing.

Adorable place