SLO Living Hostel

Superb 1168 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2017
6.3

This hostel is good for a one or two night stay if you just need something easy and relatively affordable. The staff were average, with some being more friendly than others. The hostel is small and not very social. The bed was comfortable and the locker was big. Breakfast was your standard European breakfast.

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

Everything was great . I appreciated the little extra free drink they give you on arrival or at any time of your stay . The bed was confortable . Shower was ok . They provide soap and dryer . . I liked the atmosphere , cosy , not overcrowded our loud . Not too far from public transport . I met great people there . Great experience on the overall .

23rd May 2017

One of the best hostel I stayed until now :)

• madilyntravel
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
23rd May 2017

Clean and nice staff but they advertise that there is kitchen facilities but there is no fridge acess and was not told to ask for a hot plate if we wanted to cook. We saw someone ask for it right as we were leaving. On a long trip its important to be able to make your own food and refrigerate your food.

• gracebenguerel
  • USA, Female, 18-24
21st May 2017

The girls at the front desk were super friendly! I was able to drop my luggage before check in time. I also rented a bike from the hostel which was super easy.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
17th May 2017

Outdoor space was amazing, sadly it rained most of the time I was there. A different or bigger indoor space I would have been nice. Otherwise I really enjoyed the hostel. Easy walks to downtown and the historic district.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th May 2017
7.4

Quiet, kind of boring hostel. Rooms were clean but one of the two bathrooms available to us was disgusting. Nice staff, an OK location

• USA, Female, 25-30
4th May 2017

Not far from the metro. Not much farther from some nice restaurants, shops, and museums. Definitely worth it to walk around in Lyon. Friendly and accommodating staff. I liked the common areas. Easy to meet people. Cleanliness super on point. Only negative is that beds were a little noisy. I felt like every time I moved, I was disturbing someone else.

4th May 2017
8.0

Location in a very muslim district. No issue, other than 9000 men and no women nearby makes women feel insecure. The hostel seemed like half were middle aged French men as well. Good staff, though!

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2017

Great stay! The rooms and beds were very clean and it was great to have a 6 person female dorm. When we got to the hostel we received a free drink (wine, coffee, tea, or juice) and there were many friendly people in the lounge area. The staff were all very nice and gave us suggestions for what to explore in Lyon (traboules, etc). The location is very close if you want to go out on a peniche (bars on boats) and not too far from the center for exploring during the day. Overall great value.