SLO Living Hostel Reviews

5 rue Bonnefoi, Lyon, France

Absolutely brilliant hostel. Amazing design and interior, really nice communal area and great atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very nice breakfast. Great music. Nice internal courtyard. I couldnt ask for more in a hostel.

Staff were really helpful and friendly, lovely modern hostel, the hammock outside on the courtyard was lovely to chill on in the evening with our wine! One minor point would be that the shower leaked so the floor was constantly wet and flooded but nothing too drastic.

I had a great stay at Slo Living hostel. Very modern decor. Fantastic staff. Good breakfast. I stayed in to have the home cooked French dinner twice with other guests, served at the communal table. I was in an 8 bed dorm which was clean and the bed comfortable with a power outlet and private light. The shared bathroom was surprisingly not an issue. I hired a bike from the hostel which was a fantastic way to see the city. Relaxing quiet common areas. Perfect wifi. Highly recommend!

The hostel was very safe and was located near a metro stop. The only issue I had was that I booked a bed in a four- person room but somehow they put me in a six-person room. A staff member gave me drink and food tokens to make up the price difference but I still wasn't really thrilled that there was a mistake. Other than that, the activities and food were great. I also met a lot of great people there!

Organizes events every night, great way to meet people. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very social atmosphere compared to other hostels. 10 min walk from Gare lyon part dieu. Highly recommended.

- room is clean with individual lockers n shower room is new n tidy; - the so called 'french home made dinner' with 3 course meal (EUR10 in addition) is absolutely cheating (in all sense). we (3 gals notwithstanding myself) had been given only with a crepe machine n we were told to make up crepes ourselves. there was NO green salad as advertised in the leaflet. in terms of the 'dessert' we were told that to add the sugar to the crepe to make it a 'dessert'. that was the most unbelievable.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nice, cosy hostel, good atmosphere, good opportunity to interact with other travellers.

overall this was a brilliant hostel, the staff were lovely and full of information on Lyon, it was only 5-10min walk to the centre of the city. the ony thing lacking is in the kitchen, there was no fridge for the guest to use. The home cooked dinner for €10 was amazing and would highly recommend it. great communal spaceso it was easy to meet people. would stay here again !

Beautiful hostel with a great courtyard area. Walking tour was perfect and the lady was really friendly and knowledgeable. Staff weren't particularly friendly, but offered information when asked. Dorm room got pretty hot overnight, but beds were very comfortable. Bathroom great but floor got really wet after many showers!

I really enjoyed my stay at SLO Hostel. Friendly, informative staff, clean and quiet and the breakfast was great.

Staff were very kind and helpful. So good I even got escorted to the metro by a gentleman with an umbrella as it was pouring with rain when I left.

• 16th Sep 2015

Very beautiful hostel, nice staff, clean, friendly people. Only thing I disliked, there is no real kitchen, so you can't cook anything. But you can put something into the microwave or the oven if you ask the staff.

Beautiful hostel, but upon arrival staff were unkind had to wait 4 hours to check-in after a 7am flight and day of travel. After check in locker was broken asked to fix it, signs went up asking to clear out lockers for repair. Signs went down and lockers still broken had 5 days without a locker for my valuables. One bathroom between two 8 bed dorms with more a walk away. Delicious and great communal dinners and very modern decor made it very pleasing on the eyes though.

Surprised at how good this hostel was. Awesome experience here. Everyone was so friendly and made great friends everyday I was there. Only thing is that there is no cooktop in the kitchen and a seriously tiny tiny amount of fridge space so check it before buying anything more than milk. Wine crawl and dinner were worth it and build a good atmosphere in the hostel.

Slo is a very chic hostel. Wifi was fast. 8 person dorm room was stuffy. Outdoor atrium area was great place to take a nap. Staff was helpful. Neighborhood was convenient

Great quiet place, with a relaxed atmosphere which was perfect for us. Easy to find from metro station. Could have used a extra shower room. Enjoyed the wine and cheese evening put on which was good value at 5 euros each. All in all the best hostel we have stayed in so far. Would book there again if going to lyon again!!

staff was amazing. facilities were great. location good.

I loved that place. Best hostel ever!

Very great place to stay. One of the best hostels I have been in.

all is good. love it.