SPACE riverhouse hostel Reviews

Minami Okorogawa 2254-7, Nikko, Nikko, Japan

Amazing place for a stay to hiking around. Free shuttle to Unesco World Herritage in Nikkó.

• 16th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

One of the most welcoming hostels I have ever stayed at, I felt at home the minuet I stepped through the door. Great location by the river, beautiful common areas and very comfortable bed. Breakfast by the river could not be any better. Not walking distance to a station but scout the host is very accommodating at taking you to and from stations or local areas. Once you go you won't want to leave.

We had a great stay at the river house. It really is a good place to relax and enjoy the stay on the riverside. We loved the location, nature and the hike. Scout has been a great host. He has also prepared a delicious breakfast each morning. Hopefully we can come back one day. Thank you for everything Scout! Lineke & Bas

• 29th Apr 2015

I loved the riverhouse and I regret that I had only 2 nights there - would have been great to stay for a few more! The house is built right on the river so the sound of the river is always around you. The living room is a cosy social space with everyone sitting around the kotatsu. Scout's breakfasts and pizzas were excellent and he gave great advice and detailed maps on how to get around Nikko. He also went out of his way to get us to a very early train. Thanks Scout! Seeya next time :)

I definitively enjoyed my stay here. The place has a nice location next to the river, good beds in the dorm and a nice common room where you can meet with your fellow travelers. Scout (the host) makes perfect breakfasts in the morning and then drops all his guests off at the sites they want to be at that day. Scout is very flexible, helpfull and considerate about his guests schedule.

• 28th Mar 2015