SR Backpackers Reviews

Rruga Mithat Hoxha Nr10, Lagja 4 Sarande, Saranda, Albania

The owner, Tom, was very thoughtful. He made sure I knew where to change money & catch the bus into Butrint, as well as to Gjirokastra. He also let me drop my bags off when I arrived in the morning prior to check in, so I could go explore without carrying them for hours. Much appreciated !

This is the perfect hostel! Tomi and Rino are the bomb! They are always there and willing to help. If you need anything or have a problem, big or small, Tomi will sort it out. His breakfasts rock and the location is ideal. Rino runs the show when Tomi is away and does a fantastic job at keeping everyone happy and worry free. We recommend this hostel to everyone and anyone staying in Saranda!

This hostel is great! Tommy is super welcoming and makes sure you feel comfortable and you have a good time in Saranda. The hostel is very clean, has a very nice and welcoming common area where free breakfast is served ervery morning. Also you can chill out with other travellers on the balconiy from where you have a look at the city an the sea. If you are going to Saranda, you have to take this hostel. Actually this hostel is not a hostel, it is a home. Just amazing!!! :)

• 11th Aug 2015

No signs or something but the owner looks out for you, when you tell him the time you arrive. The atmosphere is really nice. Because it is a normal apartment it feels like a shared flat, which adds a nice atmosphere. Breakfast is nice, but one bathroom for all these people is just too less. Rooms are small, but there are balconies or the kitchen to hang out at.

Super hostel. Very friendly owner, who takes care of everything. The location is perfect, just next to the beach. Great vibe also and quiet at night. Overall one of the best hostels I've stated in.

Tommi, who runs the hostel, is lovely and incredibly accommodating, helping my sister and I find the bus stop to Tirana and helping us buy our tickets. We also go a very good breakfast at this hostel.

There are people that are in the hostel business for the money and there are people that are in it for the passion. Tomi is the pure definition of someone doing it out of his heart and passion. He, as well as Reno put deep attention to every persons need and genuinenly do everything to make your stay feel amazing. Would definitly recommend, easily one of the or if not THE BEST hostel i have ever visited. Tomi and Reno thank you again for everything, it was amazing brothers. David, Canada

Amazing hostel run by an incredible owner TONI. The owner does genuinely care about every person staying at his property, he is also a wealth of knowledge about Saranda and its surroundings. Look no further this the place to stay in Saranda. Falemnderit !!

A basic clean and cozy hostel with a nice hang out area in the front yard and inside. A small hostel which is a good things. Helpful staff, don´t forget to ask for ideas on what to do, there are plenty! Hearing them made us wish we could´ve stayed longer. A/C works, which was kinda mandatory for midsummer´s heat.

Great hostel, great people, and great location. Tomi is a good guy who understand backpackers very well. He welcomed us with some ice cold water and a huge breakfast the next day. Highly recommended!!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Chile

I love this hostel. Toni is great I would stay here again for sure. I never give hostels 100%, this is a rare example of someone who gets it!

Tomi is such an amazing host! One of the most humble and genuine persons I've ever met. He and his nephew do everything for their guests. The hospitality in this hostel was so good, that I decided to stay one more night. He helps everyone in there connect with each other and that is kind of unique. The location is excellent, 30 seconds from the beach and you get everything you might need in the hostel. The watermelon and breakfast are delicious! Just 1 more fan and it would be perfect!

I have been a backpacker for more than 20 years, been to over 80 countries, stayed at countless hostels, and owned my own hostel for many years. In all that time, I have never encountered the kindness, warmth, and professionalism offered at SR Backpackers. Tomi is a man of honor and principle that will do everything possible to make your trip smooth and pleasurable. Add to that a perfect location, comfortable beds, and great breakfasts and you have one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!

Hard to rate this one! Tomi clearly cares about his guests and goes out of his way to make sure their stay is enjoyable. The place is clean and well cared for. However, one bathroom for 14 people is not sufficient and this very stuff apartment had no AC. We also saw the owner overbook the place all three nights we stayed. And while he made alternate arrangements for everyone, I wouldn't have been happy if I was one of those unlucky travellers. Had a good time but would try elsewhere next time.

On my microsite, I just offer a shared bathroom and a fan in the dorm, and you had that. If you wanted AC and a private bathroom, I could find easily for 45 Euros the cheapest for you. About overbooking, only people who booked stayed at the hostel. The others came to join the beach bbq and the Albanian dinner the next night, using the hostel as a meeting point. As for the arrangements, everyone knew the rules, you booked on line and your photo discount doesn't apply in this case. All the best!

Thanks Tomi for everything during our stay, you really helped our love for Albania grow and grow! In fact we've already passed on our recommendations to other travellers who are passing through Sarandë. Can't wait to come back in the future! Thanks again!

Sarande is the place where all the plans are changed. Tomi&Rino´s hospitality, plus the atmosphere at the hostel, plus how close to the beach it is, plus the amazing BBQ at beach, plus all the friends you meet in there, plus all the cheap stores around the hostel (wich are amazingly cheap), make SR Backpackers the place wich you never gonna leave (I was about to spend few hours at Sarande and then after five days I could leave!) Thanks for everything, guys! Keep being just as amazing as you are

Tomi, the hostel owner, is literally *the best*. He is always around for giving you tips and guiding you to the right place, making delicious breakfast and BBQ at the beach on selected nights. Also, the hostel is located perfectly, just couple of steps from the beach, but also near the fresh fruit market and the bus station. The atmosphere in the hostel is amazing! I think I need to come back next year... Only minus is the lack of A/C and only one bathroom, which is often occupied.

One of my favorite hostels ever! Planned on staying a couple nights and ended up staying longer. Beautiful balcony views and a short walk away from the beach. Tomi is THE MAN! Definitely the best hostel owner I've met on my travels. He cooked an amazing beach bbq and is super accommodating with anything you need. I would absolutely come back and stay again! Thanks for everything Tomi!!! -Trea

• 5th Jul 2015

It's a pity we weren't able to spend more time in Saranda, Tomi was a lovely host and would have been great getting to know him better. Nevertheless a good hostel with comfy beds in a brilliant location next to the beach with large overlooking balconies. Highly recommended for any visitors to the Albanian riviera!

Wonderful hostel. Excellent location. Nice balcoly. Great staff.