SR Backpackers Reviews

Rruga Mithat Hoxha Nr10, Lagja 4 Sarande, Saranda, Albania

There are people that are in the hostel business for the money and there are people that are in it for the passion. Tomi is the pure definition of someone doing it out of his heart and passion. He, as well as Reno put deep attention to every persons need and genuinenly do everything to make your stay feel amazing. Would definitly recommend, easily one of the or if not THE BEST hostel i have ever visited. Tomi and Reno thank you again for everything, it was amazing brothers. David, Canada

Great hostel, great people, and great location. Tomi is a good guy who understand backpackers very well. He welcomed us with some ice cold water and a huge breakfast the next day. Highly recommended!!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Chile

I love this hostel. Toni is great I would stay here again for sure. I never give hostels 100%, this is a rare example of someone who gets it!

Hard to rate this one! Tomi clearly cares about his guests and goes out of his way to make sure their stay is enjoyable. The place is clean and well cared for. However, one bathroom for 14 people is not sufficient and this very stuff apartment had no AC. We also saw the owner overbook the place all three nights we stayed. And while he made alternate arrangements for everyone, I wouldn't have been happy if I was one of those unlucky travellers. Had a good time but would try elsewhere next time.

On my microsite, I just offer a shared bathroom and a fan in the dorm, and you had that. If you wanted AC and a private bathroom, I could find easily for 45 Euros the cheapest for you. About overbooking, only people who booked stayed at the hostel. The others came to join the beach bbq and the Albanian dinner the next night, using the hostel as a meeting point. As for the arrangements, everyone knew the rules, you booked on line and your photo discount doesn't apply in this case. All the best!

Thanks Tomi for everything during our stay, you really helped our love for Albania grow and grow! In fact we've already passed on our recommendations to other travellers who are passing through Sarandë. Can't wait to come back in the future! Thanks again!

Sarande is the place where all the plans are changed. Tomi&Rino´s hospitality, plus the atmosphere at the hostel, plus how close to the beach it is, plus the amazing BBQ at beach, plus all the friends you meet in there, plus all the cheap stores around the hostel (wich are amazingly cheap), make SR Backpackers the place wich you never gonna leave (I was about to spend few hours at Sarande and then after five days I could leave!) Thanks for everything, guys! Keep being just as amazing as you are

Tomi, the hostel owner, is literally *the best*. He is always around for giving you tips and guiding you to the right place, making delicious breakfast and BBQ at the beach on selected nights. Also, the hostel is located perfectly, just couple of steps from the beach, but also near the fresh fruit market and the bus station. The atmosphere in the hostel is amazing! I think I need to come back next year... Only minus is the lack of A/C and only one bathroom, which is often occupied.

One of my favorite hostels ever! Planned on staying a couple nights and ended up staying longer. Beautiful balcony views and a short walk away from the beach. Tomi is THE MAN! Definitely the best hostel owner I've met on my travels. He cooked an amazing beach bbq and is super accommodating with anything you need. I would absolutely come back and stay again! Thanks for everything Tomi!!! -Trea

• 5th Jul 2015

It's a pity we weren't able to spend more time in Saranda, Tomi was a lovely host and would have been great getting to know him better. Nevertheless a good hostel with comfy beds in a brilliant location next to the beach with large overlooking balconies. Highly recommended for any visitors to the Albanian riviera!

Wonderful hostel. Excellent location. Nice balcoly. Great staff.

Saranda is a great first stop for those who have never been to Albania before. Tomi is super helpful, making getting around easy and making you feel super welcome in his home town. Due to its size, it's easy to meet other travellers and for the most part explore together. I stayed for 5 nights and had the best time, and I'm going to put that down to Tomi's enthusiasm and desire in wanting you to have the best time possible.

Tommi is THE best host I ever had! He's so kind, helpfull and sweet. He makes you feel at home in his nice little hostel! I will definitely be back!

Simple hostel with a fantastic location and a great host. Barbecue on the beach made my stay.

Tomi runs a great hostel and is really helpful. He cooks you a nice breakfast with delicious bread. He is great at helping with finding the buses also. Great hostel, would stay again.

• 10th Jun 2015

Tomi was amazing - he picked me up from a 4AM bus and even though I was only there a short time he really went above and beyond for what you normally expect from a hostel...Great Guy :)

• 3rd Jun 2015

Nice place . Clean good breakfast comfy beds good wheather iets a 5 star place

The reason this hostel is so amazing is because of the owner, Tomi. The space on its own is good too, but he made it special. He gave us so many helpful tips and even cooked. He works incredibly hard for this hostel and its guests, and he made our short time in Sarandë wonderful. Stay at this hostel!

Tommi is a great host who knows how to take care of his guests. Breakfast is a real highlight, delicious and always varying. Very sociable hostel, met loads of friends and had loads of fun. Handy to supermarkets, good takeouts and bus stops. Rooms all have balconies with a view to the water. Beach and promenade are half a minute away, with plenty of bars and restaurants. Hostel is kept very clean as well.

Tomi is such a wonderful Host! He would walk with us anywhere we wanted to go to make sure we could find it, he did our laundry, cooked a great breakfast every day, and even wrote us a note to give to a bus driver so we could get to the specific place we wanted to go. You'll always feel comfortable & at home here. Highly Recommended!

• 16th May 2015

Tomi made Saranda feel like home. He was a phenomenal host and I look forward to coming back.