SR Backpackers Reviews

Rruga Mithat Hoxha Nr10, Lagja 4 Sarande, Saranda, Albania

On my arrival, Tomi was waiting for me outside the hostel to make sure I didn't get lost. He led me in, gave me some tea and played a couple of songs for me on his guitar. Need I say more? I felt soooooo welcome.

Tomy is a really good host, he is helpful, kind and generous. We appreciate our stay in Saranda. Don't hesitate to contact him if you have trouble (finding the backpacker for example because there is no street number in Albania). Thank you again Tomy for everything.

Great hostel in a great location. I loved chilling on the balcony, but best of all is Tommi the host who goes out of his way to make you feel welcome. I highly recommend this place and would definitely stay here again!

Great hostel. Tommy is a great host, generous and happy to help with any request. He gave me lots of tips for the area and cooked a delicious breakfast every day. Great view of Saranda from the balcony and 1 minute from the beach. Very good wifi connection as well. An absolute perfect introduction to Albania!

This is a wonderful place. Tomi you are the man! Keep up what you are doing!

Tomi is the nicest guy you'll meet, really happy to help if you need anything all, hes great

Great place to stay, close to the ferry/bus/bars and restaurants. Tomi has great local tips and is happy to help with anything you need (and cooks a great breakfast)! Hostel is clean with lockers in the room big enough for your backpacks and beds are comfy. There is only one bathroom for everyone (max 14 people) but this wasn't an issue during our stay.

Another apartment/hostel but Tomi makes it work somehow. Has all the hostel essentials in location, decen beds, lockers and kitchen. However, although breakfast is included it is not the most appetizing (at times inedible). Not only is everything shallow fried it is done so in the same oil and fry pan everyday. This should be taken into consideration when assessing accommodation options as there are plenty of non hostel rooms for rent throughout Albania.

This was the best Hostel experience I have had. I would have stayed a whole week... month even if I could. Tomi is INCREDIBLE. what a nice guy! he really works super hard to make sure everything goes smoothly for you including helping you book any tours and following hostels you might stay at and transportation! The Hostel had cool style and wasn't very big so you got to know everyone inside. Big lockers, comfotable beds, and super central location, what more could you want?!

The owner is a one man team and does a great job of keeping everything together. Always willing to help in any way possible. Very knowledgeable about the area and anything about Albania in general.

Would recommend this hostel to any travellers going through Saranda. We came for one night and ended up staying for a week. Tomi the host is awesome and put on a beach bbq on the Friday night and got everyone in the hostel out there great atmosphere and food

This hostel is fine, it's an apartment with a balcony as the communal area. It's in a handy location especially for the port.

Incredible hostel. Tomi was extremely helpful and answered all our questions. I loved the accomodations. We had a great balcony attached to the room that gave us a great view of the street below and the beach. Breakfast was always very delicious. I highly recommend this place.

Tomi is a great guy, very helpful and makes the hostel running game look very relaxed (I'm sure it isn't)! The hostel was perfectly located, clean and had everything I needed. Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no real common room. Only the kitchen where also the host is all around. I guess many really like the hosts behaviour. For our taste he was way to offensive more like a dad than a host. The beds are ok. It's a bit weird that they have also triple sleeper. As though it weren't difficult enough to sleep in a normal high sleeper.

From the moment I arrived to the moment I left the hostel I got nothing but good vibes and the best help to make my time in Saranda really special. The staff were fantastic in every regard. Tomi cooks a great breakfast and I was welcomed on a hot day with juicy watermelon and some help placing a few bets on the footi. They really went above and beyond what you expect at a hostel. It was right on top of the beach, perfect for the ferry and the bus to Butrint. Thanks a million

• 30th Aug 2015

Tommy and Reno are the most generous people ever!! They were always helping out and my stay wouldn't have been half as good without them. The hostel is small so it was very easy to meet people- a big plus as I am a solo traveller. The BBQ on the beach that Tommy makes is delicious and a lot of fun as well. Definitely recommend staying here!

We booked in advance, but when we arrived the hostel was full. It was not that bad, because we instantly got a basic private room in a different building, which they had arranged beforehand. It was nice to have our own room, but we kind of missed having people around (main reason of staying in a hostel) and there was no wifi or breakfast where we stayed. Still, it was fine, but after reading the others reviews of SR, I would have liked to stay there.

The owner, Tom, was very thoughtful. He made sure I knew where to change money & catch the bus into Butrint, as well as to Gjirokastra. He also let me drop my bags off when I arrived in the morning prior to check in, so I could go explore without carrying them for hours. Much appreciated !

Even it was pretty hard to find the hostel due to no sign. You can always ask for Tomy around, as hes quite famous there. Breakfast was beautiful, rooms are also clean and beach is just across the road and easy access if you look for a night life in Saranda. Tomy even help me out to get a bus going to the Greece! You'll have no problem! As Tomy says