SR Backpackers Reviews

Rruga Mithat Hoxha Nr10, Lagja 4 Sarande, Saranda, Albania

Tomi is a great guy, very helpful and makes the hostel running game look very relaxed (I'm sure it isn't)! The hostel was perfectly located, clean and had everything I needed. Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no real common room. Only the kitchen where also the host is all around. I guess many really like the hosts behaviour. For our taste he was way to offensive more like a dad than a host. The beds are ok. It's a bit weird that they have also triple sleeper. As though it weren't difficult enough to sleep in a normal high sleeper.

From the moment I arrived to the moment I left the hostel I got nothing but good vibes and the best help to make my time in Saranda really special. The staff were fantastic in every regard. Tomi cooks a great breakfast and I was welcomed on a hot day with juicy watermelon and some help placing a few bets on the footi. They really went above and beyond what you expect at a hostel. It was right on top of the beach, perfect for the ferry and the bus to Butrint. Thanks a million

• 30th Aug 2015

Tommy and Reno are the most generous people ever!! They were always helping out and my stay wouldn't have been half as good without them. The hostel is small so it was very easy to meet people- a big plus as I am a solo traveller. The BBQ on the beach that Tommy makes is delicious and a lot of fun as well. Definitely recommend staying here!

• 26th Aug 2015

We booked in advance, but when we arrived the hostel was full. It was not that bad, because we instantly got a basic private room in a different building, which they had arranged beforehand. It was nice to have our own room, but we kind of missed having people around (main reason of staying in a hostel) and there was no wifi or breakfast where we stayed. Still, it was fine, but after reading the others reviews of SR, I would have liked to stay there.

The owner, Tom, was very thoughtful. He made sure I knew where to change money & catch the bus into Butrint, as well as to Gjirokastra. He also let me drop my bags off when I arrived in the morning prior to check in, so I could go explore without carrying them for hours. Much appreciated !

Even it was pretty hard to find the hostel due to no sign. You can always ask for Tomy around, as hes quite famous there. Breakfast was beautiful, rooms are also clean and beach is just across the road and easy access if you look for a night life in Saranda. Tomy even help me out to get a bus going to the Greece! You'll have no problem! As Tomy says

This is the perfect hostel! Tomi and Rino are the bomb! They are always there and willing to help. If you need anything or have a problem, big or small, Tomi will sort it out. His breakfasts rock and the location is ideal. Rino runs the show when Tomi is away and does a fantastic job at keeping everyone happy and worry free. We recommend this hostel to everyone and anyone staying in Saranda!

This hostel is great! Tommy is super welcoming and makes sure you feel comfortable and you have a good time in Saranda. The hostel is very clean, has a very nice and welcoming common area where free breakfast is served ervery morning. Also you can chill out with other travellers on the balconiy from where you have a look at the city an the sea. If you are going to Saranda, you have to take this hostel. Actually this hostel is not a hostel, it is a home. Just amazing!!! :)

• 11th Aug 2015

No signs or something but the owner looks out for you, when you tell him the time you arrive. The atmosphere is really nice. Because it is a normal apartment it feels like a shared flat, which adds a nice atmosphere. Breakfast is nice, but one bathroom for all these people is just too less. Rooms are small, but there are balconies or the kitchen to hang out at.

Super hostel. Very friendly owner, who takes care of everything. The location is perfect, just next to the beach. Great vibe also and quiet at night. Overall one of the best hostels I've stated in.

Tommi, who runs the hostel, is lovely and incredibly accommodating, helping my sister and I find the bus stop to Tirana and helping us buy our tickets. We also go a very good breakfast at this hostel.

There are people that are in the hostel business for the money and there are people that are in it for the passion. Tomi is the pure definition of someone doing it out of his heart and passion. He, as well as Reno put deep attention to every persons need and genuinenly do everything to make your stay feel amazing. Would definitly recommend, easily one of the or if not THE BEST hostel i have ever visited. Tomi and Reno thank you again for everything, it was amazing brothers. David, Canada

Amazing hostel run by an incredible owner TONI. The owner does genuinely care about every person staying at his property, he is also a wealth of knowledge about Saranda and its surroundings. Look no further this the place to stay in Saranda. Falemnderit !!

A basic clean and cozy hostel with a nice hang out area in the front yard and inside. A small hostel which is a good things. Helpful staff, don´t forget to ask for ideas on what to do, there are plenty! Hearing them made us wish we could´ve stayed longer. A/C works, which was kinda mandatory for midsummer´s heat.

Great hostel, great people, and great location. Tomi is a good guy who understand backpackers very well. He welcomed us with some ice cold water and a huge breakfast the next day. Highly recommended!!

I love this hostel. Toni is great I would stay here again for sure. I never give hostels 100%, this is a rare example of someone who gets it!

Tomi is such an amazing host! One of the most humble and genuine persons I've ever met. He and his nephew do everything for their guests. The hospitality in this hostel was so good, that I decided to stay one more night. He helps everyone in there connect with each other and that is kind of unique. The location is excellent, 30 seconds from the beach and you get everything you might need in the hostel. The watermelon and breakfast are delicious! Just 1 more fan and it would be perfect!

I have been a backpacker for more than 20 years, been to over 80 countries, stayed at countless hostels, and owned my own hostel for many years. In all that time, I have never encountered the kindness, warmth, and professionalism offered at SR Backpackers. Tomi is a man of honor and principle that will do everything possible to make your trip smooth and pleasurable. Add to that a perfect location, comfortable beds, and great breakfasts and you have one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!

Hard to rate this one! Tomi clearly cares about his guests and goes out of his way to make sure their stay is enjoyable. The place is clean and well cared for. However, one bathroom for 14 people is not sufficient and this very stuff apartment had no AC. We also saw the owner overbook the place all three nights we stayed. And while he made alternate arrangements for everyone, I wouldn't have been happy if I was one of those unlucky travellers. Had a good time but would try elsewhere next time.

On my microsite, I just offer a shared bathroom and a fan in the dorm, and you had that. If you wanted AC and a private bathroom, I could find easily for 45 Euros the cheapest for you. About overbooking, only people who booked stayed at the hostel. The others came to join the beach bbq and the Albanian dinner the next night, using the hostel as a meeting point. As for the arrangements, everyone knew the rules, you booked on line and your photo discount doesn't apply in this case. All the best!

« first « Prev 1 2 3