SR Backpackers Reviews

Rruga Mithat Hoxha Nr10, Lagja 4 Sarande, Saranda, Albania

Tomi was an amazing host! From the welcome watermelon to the barbecue on the beach to helping us catch our bus to Greece, we couldn't have been treated any better. The only slight negatives were the street noise from outside and only one bathroom for all those people. But we still really enjoyed relaxing here for a few days!

Tomi spotted me across the street before I got lost and called me over, took me upstairs and greeted me with watermelon. Then he mapped out for me where I need to go next to get to my next destination. It was very detailed. He took me to get local food and joined me and walked me to the bus station the next morning. Best host I've ever had in a hostel. Highly recommend this place. You rock Tomi!!!

Oh man! This hostel is one of my favourites and it's all down to Tomi! One of the nicest guys I've ever met and the best host I've ever had (I've stayed in over 100 hostels so that's a big thing!). He was there for our every need and had so much information on the area. We had to catch a bus at around 5:30 in the morning and Tomi woke up to show us where it left from. Legend! The hostel walls are covered with love for him and his hostel - it's definitely the place to stay in Sarande!

To mi is the man

Words do not do justice for this hostel! It is like you are staying in an apartment with a couple of roommates and feels incredibly comfortable. Tomi is by far the best hostel host I have ever encountered and will walk you to the bus station or ferry port or a great restaurant just to make sure you are taken care of. I booked 2 days and stayed for 6. He hosted a bbq on the beach which was amazing and even did my laundry! Absolutely amazing hostel and a must stay at place in Saranda!

Very basic place but it's made up for by lovely tommy and his nephew who own the place. Really convienant central location.

Tommy the owner is just one of the best guys I ever met. He is doing everything to help all the guests who stay in his hostel. Its a great place and you really have the feeling to be a member of the family there. It is clean, friendly and has all what a traveler needs. Sometimes, Tommi spoils his guests with a very nice BBQ on the beach for 3.50 euro and its very good. The breakfast was also very good every morning. I just want to go back there as soon as possible.

I can only agree with everyone else about how awesome Tomi is! He helped us with everything, from getting stamps to buying ferry tickets to Corfu to adding an extra night and was so helpful with how to get around and see the sights. When we arrived after a whole day on a bus he even served us dinner where we got to hung out with the other people at the hostel! And the breakfast was really nice too.

Good hostel, in a great location, run by owners who care for their guests. Good experience.

Staying at the SR Backpackers Hostel was the best decision we could have made for our time in saranda! It is a smal hostel with family flair and the best host ever. Tomi is always around to answer your questions and take care of you with breakfast or fresh melon. Even after our stay he kept taking care of us and made sure that my cell phone (which I forgot) arrived safely in our new destination. Thank you so much for everything tomi! !!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Austria

A great hostel but often it's full and so alternative accommodation is provided. This needs to be made clear at the time of booking rather than when you arrive at the hostel!

Amazing hostel due to the owner tommy, soooooo lovely and wants to give the best service he can! In a good location close to the town, as stated numerous times only 1 bathroom : the constant wait in cue the only negative about the hostel. Delicious breakfast, great place for meeting others if a solo traveller :)

Great hostel to stay in - clean, friendly and a great breakfast in the morning!

This is a cosy hostel. Great to meet ppl as the rooms are located around one common kitchen. Bedrooms are hot but overall this was a great place to stay.

You have to go to this hostel, not only because of location, cleanliness and good value but for the owner Tomi is one of the best guys alive! Believe the hype! The only slight minus is that there's only one toilet and you might have to wait your turn.

wonderful Tomi and his motto 'no problem! no problem!' would make you love Saranda and wanna come back! the bbq on the beach was fantastic and Tomi cooked everything for us. just one downside is in the apartment there's only one toilet (plus shower).

Facilities are complete,stuff Tomy is very helpful and friendly, he will help you solve every problem,'no problem ' is his quote. Summer time, room might be quite hot because there is only a fan in room and there is no window curtain. My suggestion install air conditional or more fans or air ventilator. Bathroom sometime quite slippery, especially step out from bathing,so suggest to put a rubber mat on floor. Atmosphere very good, you can socialize with lot people especially during breakfast!

Very good location next to the harbor and only 50m away from the boulevard. The owner Tommy (Tomi?) is a great guy. Very friendly and helpful. For 9€ a night this is a real bargain.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Tomi is the man, that's all you need to know. He will do whatever whenever to make sure you are enjoying yourself to the fullest. We slept through breakfast and he went out of his way to save us each a portion.

I can only add to the rave reviews about this place and Tomi. As others have said, we booked the twin room which was located in a building nearby the hostel. Our room was amazing with views over the port. Tomi was great, always around and always making sure we were OK, helping us with where we wanted to go etc. Highly recommend.