SR Backpackers Reviews

Rruga Mithat Hoxha Nr10, Lagja 4 Sarande, Saranda, Albania

I can only add to the rave reviews about this place and Tomi. As others have said, we booked the twin room which was located in a building nearby the hostel. Our room was amazing with views over the port. Tomi was great, always around and always making sure we were OK, helping us with where we wanted to go etc. Highly recommend.

Very clean. Actually Tommy never stops cleaning. Good and friendly hostel.

Best hostel experience ive had in 7 years of travel! Host Tomi is a true legend. He got up at 3am to meet us off a night bus, gave us food and water and then was up in the morning to cook all the other guests breakfast! (Daily). Rooms are clean. Bathroom is shared, but spotless. 30mtrs from beach. 20mtrs from rental car/scooter/ferry tickets. Simply cant speak highly enough of the host. A true legend. I would travel back to Romania just to stay here again.

Tomi is pretty much the greatest thing since sliced bread! you will love staying here!

Tomi could easily be voted as the best hotel owner internationally if there was a competition. On my 1st day, he took note of my arrival time and waited for me promptly there even though my bus delayed for an hour. When youre thirsty, he gives you water. When you are tired, he plays you a song. He personally cooks a breakfast for you, and you could taste the passion he has for running his hostel. Ive been an avid traveller and never seen anyone like that. Hats off to you TOMI! Youre the KING!

Great hostel. Guests are very well looked after by an amazing host. The location is perfect.

We booked very late and it turned out there were no rooms actually available, but the owner instead put us in a hotel with amazing views over the bay! One of the best hostel owners I've ever met and I felt touched by the effort he went to and extremely welcome in his property.

Tomi was awesome, thoughtful, kind and helpful. Like staying in an apartment with a bunch of travel minded people. Excellent location, and great impression of Albania from my stay at Tomis's! Thanks for everything and I wish you nothing but success in your future Tomi!

Good Location near the Port and the center Very good Stuff Thank you for everything Tommy

It's not a typical hostel, but what makes it unique is that the owner, Tomi, touches on every body's life in a different way. It's also clear from the ratings that every body loves him. He's the star of Sarande with a big heart who runs the challenging apartment flat with some limitations. However, you get a great hospitality, information and even a BBQ on the beach.

We stayed in a private room so it wasn't part of the hostel itself but it was close by. However, we had tomi taking care of us, which was the best part of our stay in saranda. He oriented us to the city upon arrival, made us different breakfasts for us every day and was always there if we had a question or needed something. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in saranda!

• 13th Jun 2014

Where to start? This place feels less like a hostel and more like you are staying over at a good friends apartment. A friend who keeps his apartment spotless, makes a brilliant breakfast, and goes above and beyond to help you at any moment of the day or night. Tomi has redefined the term hospitality. The beach BBQ, the people I met, and my time in Saranda was made amazing thanks to this place. Thank you Tomi for letting us stay at your own home when we had nowhere to stay at 3:30 AM!

Like everyone else says Tomi is an absolute legend!! He is the most welcoming, helpful and caring person, and I cannot thank him enough for helping us during our stay. Thank you so much Tomi!!

SR backpackers or Tomis as it's also known is a few minutes walk from the port. What can be said about him that hasn't been said already. He found me a private apartment close to the hostel and overlooking the sea that was great for the low price. Offered everything that I could need with the sense to step back as not to overwhelm people. The list is long of the things he's done for me and I'm grateful for that. Highly recommended :)

• 1st Jun 2014

Tomi is the best host we have ever had! He goes out of the way to help guests. When we had to catch a bus to a different city, he gave us all the details and later turned up at the bus station just to make sure we had got onto the bus safely. Truly a great representative of Albanian hospitality. Best place to stay in Sarande.

Awesome hostel to stay in while your in Saranda. Very clean and good facilities. Tomi the host is a champion who definitely goes out of his way to make you feel at home and make sure everything about your stay is perfect, always helping out with information and places to eat/see etc. If Tomi's friendliness was marketable he would be very, very rich! I would definitely recommend this place if your going to Saranda!

• 27th May 2014

SR hostel is located in an excellent position 50 Meters from the ferry port, overlooking the beach and at the beginning of Sarandes beautiful promenade. Best of all is the owner Tomi who can't do enough for his guests. He speaks great English and is very well connected in the City. He has a great knowledge of Albania and has great information. The testaments to Tomi all over the hostel walls are all proven correct. Tomi is a great host and we highly reccomended SR. Te Rrofte Tomi. V& M

Tomi is a fantastic person - he runs his hostel like it is his life - well it is I guess... Make sure you check the directions on how to get here. We couldn't because we didn't have wifi and was following google maps (not good enough) Tomi found us walking around, no idea where we were. The beds are comfy, the bathroom is nice and big and clean, you can cook in the kitchen, the balconies are lovely, lockers in the rooms that are big, breakfast was great! Tomi has a great atmosphere at his place.

Tomi made our stay in Saranda so easy and awesome!! The beach bbq was soooo good and the fish lunch before our ferry was amazing too! Tomi went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. Saranada is a great city with some cool things to do! Tomi made us feel at home and I could not have asked for a better host or hostel. SR backpackers is super clean, close to the bus stops and station. Stay here! Great Albanian hospitality all thanks to Tomi's hard work. Can't wait to come back.

Tomi a.k.a. Mr. No Problem, is the best thing to have happened to Sarande. Always smiling and hanging around the hostel, he greets you with welcome food and drink, personally walks you to your bus stop, cooks breakfast, organises beach barbecues... I could go on and on. The only (slight) drawback with the hostel is that it only had one bathroom, so when it is full, it can be a short wait. However Tomi's generosity and wide smile make up for these tiny shortcomings. Highly recommended!