SR Backpackers Reviews

Rruga Mithat Hoxha Nr10, Lagja 4 Sarande, Saranda, Albania

Saranda is a great first stop for those who have never been to Albania before. Tomi is super helpful, making getting around easy and making you feel super welcome in his home town. Due to its size, it's easy to meet other travellers and for the most part explore together. I stayed for 5 nights and had the best time, and I'm going to put that down to Tomi's enthusiasm and desire in wanting you to have the best time possible.

Tommi is THE best host I ever had! He's so kind, helpfull and sweet. He makes you feel at home in his nice little hostel! I will definitely be back!

Simple hostel with a fantastic location and a great host. Barbecue on the beach made my stay.

Tomi runs a great hostel and is really helpful. He cooks you a nice breakfast with delicious bread. He is great at helping with finding the buses also. Great hostel, would stay again.

• 10th Jun 2015

Tomi was amazing - he picked me up from a 4AM bus and even though I was only there a short time he really went above and beyond for what you normally expect from a hostel...Great Guy :)

• 3rd Jun 2015

Nice place . Clean good breakfast comfy beds good wheather iets a 5 star place

The reason this hostel is so amazing is because of the owner, Tomi. The space on its own is good too, but he made it special. He gave us so many helpful tips and even cooked. He works incredibly hard for this hostel and its guests, and he made our short time in Sarandë wonderful. Stay at this hostel!

Tommi is a great host who knows how to take care of his guests. Breakfast is a real highlight, delicious and always varying. Very sociable hostel, met loads of friends and had loads of fun. Handy to supermarkets, good takeouts and bus stops. Rooms all have balconies with a view to the water. Beach and promenade are half a minute away, with plenty of bars and restaurants. Hostel is kept very clean as well.

Tomi is such a wonderful Host! He would walk with us anywhere we wanted to go to make sure we could find it, he did our laundry, cooked a great breakfast every day, and even wrote us a note to give to a bus driver so we could get to the specific place we wanted to go. You'll always feel comfortable & at home here. Highly Recommended!

• 16th May 2015

Tomi made Saranda feel like home. He was a phenomenal host and I look forward to coming back.

Great find! Owner Tomi was an awesome host, probably the best I've ever seen in the world of hostels. He met my boyfriend and at me at the port and guided us to the hostel, which was a pleasant surprise. He made us breakfast upon arrival and made sure we knew where we were going afterward. Other highlights -- the BBQ by the beach and Tomi taking us to the bus stop for Tirane. He's a sweetie, who will make sure you have a phenomenal time.

Outstanding, outstanding, OUTSTANDING! If you're in Sarandë, you'd be silly not to stay here. Excellent value for money. In all the needed things (shower, bed, wifi, etc.) there are no issues. There owner, Tomi, really goes out of his way to help you. Genuinely! Nothing but good things to say about this hostel.

Perfect location near the beach, very nice and helpful owner, good breakfast (and dinner of fresh fish cooked by Tomi)

Tomi was a wonderful host. He met us when we arrived on the ferry from Corfu and showed us to his hostel, directly across the street. He gave us great information and directions, and was always available should we have any questions. The hostel was clean and tidy (although only one bathroom for the 14 beds), and breakfast was filling and delicious! 100m to an ATM, Bus Stop, Supermarket and Farmers Market - Tomi's hostel had the best location in Saranda. We would highly recommend staying here!

Tomi is a really great host. He ask you if you need something and if everything ok. He cooks for me, and the meal was fantastic. I can really recommend Tomi. When I visit to Saranda again, i will stay at Tomi.

• 13th Mar 2015

Tomi is the friendliest and most dedicated hostel owner I have ever met. I'd recommemend him and his hostel to anyone.

tomi is amazing, and his place has a balcony overlooking the water