STAR Hostel (Taipei) Reviews

2F., No. 132, Sec. 1 Zhongshan N. Rd., Zhongshan D, Taipei, Taiwan

The friendliest staff, the most convenient location, the cleanest toilets and rooms. I've been in hostels in Europe and Asia and this is easily one of my favorites. 100% recommendation to anyone looking for a hostel in Taipei.

The cleanliness of bathroom is quite well but should increase 1-2 bathroom that would be better.

I love to stay in STAR HOSTEL in Taipei. They are really very friendlyl and are always ready to help you. It's 5 minutes walking from the main train station and the bus station. The house is very clean, modern furniture and kitchen. A nice view of the nicest avenue of Taipei. Near the hostel you have a nice fruit and vegetable market. There are also nice cheap restaurants in the surrounding of the hostel. It's also very safe. I certainly will return in this hostel when I come back to Taipei

临近地铁,交通挺便利的!工作人员都很友好!住宿环境也很不错!八人间女性房都有帘子,隐私性非常好!

It's very comfortable place to stay, close to the train station and I 'd really the environment of this hostel. Specially thank you for Steve and Wendy, they really provide the great services and help you to solve the problem with patient. I will be here again when I travel to Taipei again

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

It is reasonable hostel to stay. But some smell comes from bathroom. And I think they need some security system when guests' luggage keeping before they leave the hostel.

It's my 4th time staying in star. I love the cleanliness, the interior, the rooftop, the location and the price. To me, star hostel is the best! The star staff are as polite as before. And this year, I met a funny and really friendly star staff from Hong Kong! 謝謝你 "達叔"! Your friendliness and effort deserve a 100% and you tried to make conversation with all tourists and introduce them to each other! Feb 2015 I visit TW, I will definitely choose star again! Once again,thank you all star staff

I feel extremely fortunate that I chose STAR HOSTEL when I visited Taipei. At first, I made the reservation for two days and eventually I spent all 5 days in Taipei in this hostel. They hostel is one of the cleanest hostels I have ever visited. The staff, especially Wendy, Pepper and Steve, were very helpful and they gave me a lot of help finding interest places, gettging around in Taipei and finding nearby facilities. Nice breakfast is also provided.

Staying in STAR was very pleasant. The location is very convience, just near a major shopping mall but quite and safe.

A very welcoming hostel and staff! Clean rooms, good breakfast and facilities. Steve and the girls will answer all your questions with a smile making your stay in Taipei worth while...

It's a very good place to stay. I love their breakfast idea. (Bread and 4 kinds of fruit)

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

All staff was always kind and ready to smile and help. Especailly Wendy and Steve!! I really apreciate to them. It has good location close to everything, metro station, taipei main train station night market, departmentstore, good restaurant, delicious bakery, tasty cafe, famous shops. Star hostel deseved to highly recommended!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Everything's just great. Cheerful, friendly staff who have initiative and attend to each request wholeheartedly!!! It's the one and only hostel I'll stay in in Taipei - best value for money. Highly recommend to ALL my friends, even strangers ;) Two Thumbs UP!!!!!!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Fresh fruits served for breakfast are a strong point. Hostel lacks proper signs - it is virtually impossible to find it without asking local people about its location. Since stairs are high, staff could help with transporting luggage upside and down.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Poland

3月17日、18日の2泊で利用させて頂きました。1泊目は、訳あって某ゲストハウスに泊まりましたが、そちらは・・本当に(ご想像にお任せ致します。^^;)。今回ゲストハウスデビューだったのですが、こちらに泊まることが出来て本当に良かったと思います。先ず、スタッフが皆さんとても親切!!どこも掃除が行き届いている。シャワーの勢いが良かった。(これ結構重要かと。)ベッドが鉄骨で、上の人が動いてもきしむ音もしなかった。4人部屋でしたが、それぞれ枕元にコンセントが2個あった。(携帯使いながら充電できる。コードは長めの充電器がよいかと。)洗濯機・乾燥機・物干しのフロアがあり(有料100円ほど)、24時間気を使うことなく使用できる。喫煙フロアーは、洗濯場と同フロアでしたが、臭いが移るようなことはないです。雨の日でも、洗濯物が干せる。スリッパもホテルのでも良ければありました。2Fにフロント、リビング。3Fにシャワー室が2、トイレが2。洗面台は横長に広く、3人くらいは余裕で利用できる。2Fのリビングは、すごくオシャレで綺麗で落ち着く場所でした。Mac,Wendy,Steve,Thanks a lot! :)

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Japan

The hostel is centrally located near Taipei Main Station and Zhongshan Station (MRT). Common area and rooms are stylish, clean and tidy. The staff are really nice and helpful, even I just stayed there for one night. They speak fluent Chinese, English, Korean etc. and are very willing to offer help and chat to everyone there. Everything is nice. It will definitely become my first choice of hostel in Taipei.

Great experience

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

It's my first attempt in solo travelling and I've been worried a lot for my lodging. Location is the first reason why it has to be star hostel. the actual distance as accurate as shown in google, 5 min walk from exit 3 Zhongsan MRT sta. I felt relieved when I saw the reception area, neatly decorated pastel blue wall, better than expected. Wendy & others greeted me with warm smile & good service through out my stay. They spoke proper English, clean bed, & I managed to sleep well for the night.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

STAR Hostel Taipei was so good!! I stayed in 4 Bed Mixed Dorm. Each bed had electrical outlet. So I could easily recharge my cellphone. It was very useful! Bathroom were very clean. And the Breakfast!! I enjoyed many kinds of fruits! " Apple Date " tasted like Apple and Pear, was very new to me. But it tasted very good! I want to thank you so much! I'm sure I will stay in STAR Hostel Taipei again next time I visit Taipei. I love Taiwan!!

Staff was young, vibrant, friendly and helpful. Had a good impression of taipei because of them. Most of the staff speak good english and mandarin. The fruits they provided for breakfast was sweet and yummy. Wireless internet is provided free which is fast and good. Room was ok. When I first stepped into the room, there was a musty smell, but pleasantly suprised to see a dehumidifer in the room.

• 13th Mar 2014