STAR Hostel (Taipei) Reviews

2F., No. 132, Sec. 1 Zhongshan N. Rd., Zhongshan D, Taipei, Taiwan

This is my second visit to this hostel. In the future, I will surely use this place as my nest in Taipei also. I think everything great for me here. Just one this last night, I stayed there. I used mixed dorm and that night there are only me and another girl. I hope the hostel staff should not set one man and one girl who are unknown to each other in the same room in the future for the safety feeling of the girl.

It's a pleasant place to stay.

I stayed at Star on three different nights as I was moving from city to city. I really couldn't speak highly enough about my stay and my experience. Excellent service, super clean, everything worked, everything was in good order. I stayed in the girls' dorm - Room 303 was much quieter than 302. The washing machine and dryer are great!! Be sure to do your laundry here. Thanks so much for everything!!

Very comfortable bed, quiet inside and very clean. Excellent location near bars and shops. No en-suite bathroom, otherwise perfect!

It is really value for money. By and large I liked it. Two most impressive things are location and cleanliness.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Generally, I satisfied 4 days of staying at STAR HOSTEL. But, my room was at 5th floor and there is no elevator, so it was a bit exhausting me to walk up after a long day of travelling. And the size of room was smaller than I expected. However, the staffs were very kind and tried to help me.

• 25th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

I advice that single room can have a window,otherwise,the atmosphere will feel a little stuffy… btw,the staff very nice and warm-hearted and the lobby very good where can look out of the view from hostel…

The place is quite clean and cozy. The location is great to travel around in Taipei.

overall - a good hostel. nice hostel environment and stuff. good location. just that the sound proofing is not so good. and maybe we stayed at the top level, so the hot shower supply was not so stable during the peak hours.

The staffs in star hostel are nice and helpful. Breakfast is good there with fresh fruit and delicious bread! I had a warm and nice trip there.

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Clean, tidy and a relaxt atmosphere! Loved the modern tranquil style. Front door isn't well marked. Took me some time to find it.

STAR hostel, one word to describe, BRILLIANT. very clean rooms and common area. very helpful staff, actually took the initiative to help with our itinerary in taipei. none the less, superb location with MRT station located a stone throw away and full of nice place for foods.

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

Really amazing staff (Mr Mack and Miss Wendy, sorry if I got your names wrong!). They are really friendly and helpful. Its such a shame i only stayed with them for a night. Would have stayed there longer if they were available (fully booked for 2 weeks i think). It's about 15 minutes from the Taipei Main Station and it's good for either a stopover or even staying there for a longer period One point of note is that there isn't much food options during supper times but 7-11 is about 5 mins away

It has very new & clean bed & room ! The staffs are so helpful. Even when they're busy taking care of more than 10 guests at the same time. Wendy & Mac are great & super kind ! ! !

At night, there were guests who made nosies so I couldn't sleep. The rooms are located close each other so there are no soundpoof.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Star Hostel is situated in a very good location, walking distance from Zhongshan MRT and Taipei Main Station. The single room has just a bed, a table and hooks on the wall for hanging your clothes, but it was sufficient for a solo traveller like me. The hostel was very clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Had a good stay.

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Newly refurbished hostel with a good location; and its a minute walk from MRT Station.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

This hostel is great for a novice visitor to Taipei. The clean and sterile facility seems to foster a clientele that is less sociable than most places. However, you can't beat this location and the availability of private single rooms, even if the walls are a bit thin.

Staff was very helpful.. Just had minor problem locating the place as there was no signage outside the hostel to indicate. Eventually, managed to find the place by referencing to the address.

Good place. The staf is nice but good be more personal. I didn't like the fact that i stayed in the adjacent building. This way you have far les contact with the staff and other guests.