STF/ IYHF Best Hostel Skeppsbron Reviews

Skeppsbron 22, Stockholm, Sweden

2054 Total Reviews

Good for families or backpackers. Wifi only really worked in the main part of the building (mostly kitchen). Nice to have breakfast. No lockers. Pretty decent.

Huge place, located in a wonderful place, near pretty much everything. Great kitchen and fridges available for everyone's use. Downside is that they don't have lockers, so you can either keep your stuff in the front office or trust your roommates and leave it there, which seemed to be what everybody did. Free breakfast was pretty good with variety of bread, jelly, cereal, margarine, cheese, cucumbers and tea/coffee.

The location is perfect, you can walk to every place you wanna go. Although, I stayed in a 16 person dorm, it was quiet enough to find a good sleep. A very good service for me: Free internet via in-house PCs and the possibility to print documents. Just the WiFi connection in the dorm could have been little better. In summary: Great anc cheap place to stay. I would come back!

• 18th Jul 2014

The hostel was good, with good facilities. The only thing that disappointed me a bit was the breakfast in the morning which was a bit poor comparing to other free breakfast I had in other hostels. But definitely a positive overall mark.

The location of the hostel is very good. It is right in the old town of Stockholm. I stayed in a big mixed dorm and the room was really nice. There were walls between the beds so it didn't seem that big. The breakfast was the best I had so far in a hostel. Really good. Nice staff, too.

I loved my stay here. It is easy to meet people, easy to get around, and overall a great place to stay if you aren't too picky. WiFi is hit and miss, and the bathrooms aren't the cleanest at times, but overall they are not bad at all. I would return in a heartbeat.

When I arrived they told me that were overbooking and they dont have my room. I booked a private one but I have had to share the toilet. I have to do my check out at 5 AM, I told them the day before because I needed my ticket and it's possible print it when yo check out, nobody was at 5 AM such they told me

This hostel is a cheap and good choice in Stockholm.

Excellent location, friendly staff, nice kitchen, decent wifi, would stay there again. Only complaint is that there was what looks like mould in the fan of bathroom on the fifth floor.

• 21st Jun 2014

I booked in 16-bed dorm which was horrible and had an awful small due to poor ventilation. People in the room never opened the window but I slept because I was so tired. The staff were very nice to upgrade me the next night to a 6-bed dorm which was very beautiful and clean. I loved it and enjoyed it. The breakfast was below average, but there is always coffee and tea. The bathrooms are clean. The building looked liked a maze. There were so many rooms and corridors. The location is excellent.

We stayed just for one night but we liked! I recommend this hostel!

That was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in! The bathrooms were dirty, there were no lockers in the 16th mixed bedroom, the whole place was dirty and the atmosphere was dark!

Good hostel, excellent location, right on Gamla Stan, what more could you want. Staff was nice, no complaints. Unfortunately no private lockers, just a single large luggage storage room at the reception. Two computers for public use, which was nice, though they were slow. Breakfast was pretty poor, basically only jam and you have to do your own dishes, but it's cheap so whatever. Cleanliness: good, my bed was even pre-made. (My stay: single night, May 2014.)

I was dissatisfied with the internet connection, which was non-existant.

• 19th May 2014
  • Serbia

The room was decent enough to spend two nights there. Next to the room was a common area and you could clearly hear a guy munching on crisps on the other side of the door. The privacy was pretty poor even though the room was a private ensuite.

bathrooms and toilets were a bit dirty, but i guess it is normal considering the size of the hostel and the number of visitors.

• 16th May 2014
  • Croatia

My stay in this hostel was mostly OK. Bathrooms were ok, staff not so friendly but ok, beds a little uncomfortable, window glass was broken and so the bedroom was cold during the night. Breakfast was average. The location is perfect. I consider that the price was high for a hostel like this but given that stockholm is very expensive I think it is ok. In resume, my advice is: if there are no more accommodations left in other better rated hotels, this is a good option.

• 8th May 2014
  • Argentina

While there are no lockers, which definitely is a drawback, the staff is always ready to keep valuables at the reception. Breakfast is simple but good, satisfying, and that can be said pretty much about everything, and all of it in a surprisingly reasonable price for Sweden.

the breakfast is good and you are able to drink coffe and tea whenever you want the bad point is the buffet breakfast is only at the second floor they have also fee wifi and two computers availables

The toilet was chocked but hasn't been repaired for days even though it would have been very easy. Internet didn't work in my room!!

• 19th Mar 2014