STF/ IYHF Best Hostel Skeppsbron Reviews

Skeppsbron 22, Stockholm, Sweden

2077 Total Reviews

The positive of this hostel is its position. The bad things are many: Dirty and very small and few toilets and showers, the rooms have no air inside and are very warm and packed with beds, the ventilator system makes a lot of sounds, the beds are very wobbly and makes a lot of sounds every time you move, I couldnt sleep because of that.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Location is excellent, but service is very low, walls are thin, so you hear everything from other rooms, rooms are not very clean and bathrooms are too few. Also they charged me the entire price, comprehensive of the booking fee already paid to hostelworld.

• 15th Aug 2014

Don't stay here!!! They have bed bugs!!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Nice room, helpful staff and great location. The toilets/shower rooms could have been better.

It's a good hostel, very well located. There was not so much of an ambiance when i was there but i guess it always depends on the people more than of the hostel! Overall it's a nice place to spend some days in Stockholm, the only little thing is a certain lack of security due to the fact that there are no lockers in the dorms.

• 8th Aug 2014

Perfect location but very old and dirty facilities...

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel, very good relation quality-price. I really loved the kitchen, in front of the sea. A perfect place to meet other travellers and plan what you're gonna do during the day. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! :)

The hostel layout is a maze. With so many people staying here, the place looks tired and the shared bathroom don't ever seem to be clean and there is always something that's broken or worn out. On one night, there was a major disturbance outside ... The windows downstairs got smashed, lots of shouting and the whole building shook as someone ran up and down the stairs. Didn't feel safe with no security guard and no police called. Broken glass window with its sharp shards around two days later.

Very nice place! Staff is kind of dimwitted but otherwise all very good! Several keycard-requiring doors make it extra safe! Kinda dumb that they make you pay for linens though

good location, nice view from one of the kitchen and dining room, but the staff was not often at the reception; being so big, the hostel is unfortunately a bit anonymous.

Nice location, breakfast included and if you need to keep something in security, just ask the guy in the receiving room. I got a nice experience there!

Good for families or backpackers. Wifi only really worked in the main part of the building (mostly kitchen). Nice to have breakfast. No lockers. Pretty decent.

In a very nice location in the old town in Stockholm. A nice short walk from the station past some beautiful architecture. The beds were okay and it was relatively clean. The bathroom and showers could have done with a bit of love and care, I thought though. The breakfast room was quite small for such a large amount of people eating. The staff were helpful and on hand 24/7. Not really much of an atmosphere, unfortunately, Would probably stay there again if I had to.

Huge place, located in a wonderful place, near pretty much everything. Great kitchen and fridges available for everyone's use. Downside is that they don't have lockers, so you can either keep your stuff in the front office or trust your roommates and leave it there, which seemed to be what everybody did. Free breakfast was pretty good with variety of bread, jelly, cereal, margarine, cheese, cucumbers and tea/coffee.

The location is perfect, you can walk to every place you wanna go. Although, I stayed in a 16 person dorm, it was quiet enough to find a good sleep. A very good service for me: Free internet via in-house PCs and the possibility to print documents. Just the WiFi connection in the dorm could have been little better. In summary: Great anc cheap place to stay. I would come back!

• 18th Jul 2014

The hostel was good, with good facilities. The only thing that disappointed me a bit was the breakfast in the morning which was a bit poor comparing to other free breakfast I had in other hostels. But definitely a positive overall mark.

As the rest of Europe, lots of families with kids, old people, etc. No atmosphere and hard to meet others as there is no facilities other than the kitchen. A good plus is they don't charge extra for linen. Sadly, I had to move to the 28 bed dorm my second night - aweful of course but not the hostel's fault. Location is good, and staff helpful, although nothing out of common (didn't know where there was a bar...). The breakfast is a huge plus

The location of the hostel is very good. It is right in the old town of Stockholm. I stayed in a big mixed dorm and the room was really nice. There were walls between the beds so it didn't seem that big. The breakfast was the best I had so far in a hostel. Really good. Nice staff, too.

I loved my stay here. It is easy to meet people, easy to get around, and overall a great place to stay if you aren't too picky. WiFi is hit and miss, and the bathrooms aren't the cleanest at times, but overall they are not bad at all. I would return in a heartbeat.

When I arrived they told me that were overbooking and they dont have my room. I booked a private one but I have had to share the toilet. I have to do my check out at 5 AM, I told them the day before because I needed my ticket and it's possible print it when yo check out, nobody was at 5 AM such they told me