8.0
Fabulous 315 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 315 Total Reviews
STF/IYHF Skeppsholmen Located at Flaggmansvagen 8, , Stockholm.
Sweden
Stockholm 111 49 Flaggmansvagen 8
80% 315
59.3256588 18.0808997
    Rooms available

27th Jul 2016

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Within walking distance to the major museums (The Vasa Museum and Skansen are highly recommended.) Clean, friendly, great atmosphere, can walk down to the chapman if you feel like a drink on the deck, and a great view across the channel of Stockholm. All the staff were helpful, the kitchen was well equipped, and the breakfast buffet has a great selection.

15th Jul 2016

We had a great experience here! The hostel was clean and we'll kept. All the staff was friendly and helpful. And the location to the main attractions visitors want/should visit are within easy walking distance or an easy ride via public transport. Highly recommend this hostel!

30th Jun 2016
5.7

My stay here was unpleasant. They claim this hostel to be a "youth hostel" however was filled with many families and older men. The first room I stayed in, an older man kept inquiring if I had drank alcohol when I came home at night. This made me feel uncomfortable so I asked reception to switch rooms. They were very nice and did as I asked immediately. However the next room they put my friend and I in, had two older men who enjoyed being half naked in front of us.

30th Jun 2016
6.3

Not for young travelers. Mostly filled with families with children and older folks. This creates a very boring atmosphere. Reception is very nice. Disliked staying in a room with two older men that would insist in sleeping in only underwear, made me feel uncomfortable. The first room I was in had an older man that would constantly ask if I drank a lot of alcohol that night. Reception was very nice in switching my room. Also we are expected to clean our own rooms. Not worth the money.

18th Jun 2016

Nice quiet hostel (except for the faint but insistent techno past midnight every night but Sunday) in a great location! I booked a 6 bed dorm and ended up in a 2 person room that led to another 2 person room, glorious! Super clean and kitchen is great. Card swipe to enter the room but otherwise anyone can get into the hostel and onto the floors, although there is someone at the desk much of the time. Free luggage storage or lockers available!! WiFi worked great. Loved this place!

15th Jun 2016
6.9

17 person mixed dorm was huge. No age limit though so some grouchy people. Terrible showers. To keep the water from turning off you needed to continuously press a stubborn, stiff button. It seemed like there were little things they could do to improve the experience: installing power strips so you didn't need to unplug the reading lamp if you wanted to charge something and writing the restaurant hours (they close very early) on the board so you don't expect dinner when it's not there.

• Ireland, Male, 41+
13th Jun 2016

Great spot. Bit of a walk to get to but great setting. Very clean and cost effective. Staff very friendly. Great breakfast. Nice mix of people Young & old.

9th Jun 2016

Beautiful hostel in a stunning location. You can look across the bay and see the Swedish Royal Palace. The periodic steam horn of the ships make this place a magical place from which you can explore Stockholm. The facilities are clean and user friendly. The food they serve in their "restaurang" are stellar and prepared elegantly. I had the lasagna every night! Overall, I highly recommend staying at this hostel and possibly in the ship across the road.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
27th May 2016
5.7

boring, full of families dont go if your a traveller

11th May 2016

It's a really nice hostel. Feels more like a hotel than a hostel. It's not that great for solo travelers. And there were a lot of families that stayed there. If that's not your thing then I would choose a different hostel. But overall a very nice hostel.