STF/IYHF af Chapman Reviews

Västra Brobänken, Stockholm, Sweden

This was an awesome hostel, mainly because of the novelty of staying on a yacht. I went in the beginning of winter but could imagine the atmosphere being great in the summer having a few drinks on the deck but not this time round. The city was great, would definetly recommend visiting the old town.

Fantastic, thank you. One small point, I noticed that a number of people didn't appear to be paying for breakfast and the menu could do with changing a little each day. Thank you again. Simon

A hostel on a sailing boat. This sounds weird, but the comfort is great, the place is clean and the view during a chill on the boar during the evening is breathtaking. I know where I am going to stay if I go back to Stockholm.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great experience sleeping on a real boat, I strongly recommend it. Very clean rooms and good atmosphere.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Romania

Everything is perfect there. The reality, believe it or not, is like in the pictures: beautiful sight from the boat etc etc. The lockers could be better and be/look safer, but the ones they have are ok. Besides that everything is perfect: friendly staff, helpful, with solid english (as, it seems, the whole city of Stockholm). Great place, great city, beautiful country. I would stay here again (I would actually live here if I could :)

Really cool hostel. Has everything you need, either on the boat itself or in the main building. Wifi worked all through the boat, plenty of showers. Only gripes at all are that since it is on a tiny island, you have to walk a little ways to get off the island, and then connect to the metro from there. Also, the lockers won't take a typical sized padlock, make sure you have a tiny one with you.

Feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Maybe because I got lucky and got my own room, but the lobby, and for that matter, the whole vibe, was like an American hotel to me (not a bad thing). Anyways, very good value, and I would stay here again.

This hostel is absolutely amazing!! Very clean, close to everything. Strongly recommend it.

Very nice hostel. I stayed at the ship. Rooms were nice and bathrooms were very clean and more than enough available for everyone. Location is perfect, easy walk from trainstation and in downtown. Price included towel and linen, not very common for Sweden. Would definately stay here again.

It's very special experience. Including linen~ and There are luggage room to put my heavy bag before checking in~ and very good breakfast and restaruant.

Wonderful , excellent , very nice and magic place. Our 4 persons room was comfortable and bigger , that we thought.

Chapman is an amazing hostel, in fact a hotel in disguise. I have met so many friendly people there, from families with little kids to travelers around the world, and due to the great atmosphere it's really easy to get new aquaintances. The rooms and restrooms are extraordinary clean, and the view to stockholm from the deck and out of the Bull's-Eye is amazingly beatiful - in my opinion it was the best spot to look at Stockholms skyline and the royal palace.

• 29th Jul 2014

I stayed on the boat which was new and refreshing. I enjoyed my stay here

Great place, The bar on deck is awesome, with good food and lounge chairs.It is the perfect place to relax after a hard day visiting. The staff is super friendly and makes you feel welcome. Good breakfast too.

Excellent location and ambience, friendly staff who were very helpful.

Definitely stay on the boat, maybe request harbor-side room if possible, as it was cool to look out. Staff was very nice and accommodating, from stamps to local info to baggage storage. Very convenient location to central stockholm

• 27th Jun 2014

Great location right IN the harbor, not far from the old town about 5 minutes walk. Helpful, friendly staff, 24 hour reception service which is helpful when you want to check out at an unearthly hour! i would use this hostel again and I recommend!

All the reception staff were very friendly and helpful and reception is open 24h. Booking was easy and communication prior to stay was excellent. Bed linen is provided which is NOT the case in many Swedish hostels, also a towel. Kitchen facilities are good and it's fun sleeping on a boat.

• 20th Jun 2014

I have been Sweden maybe 25 times probably one of the best hostel and location in Stockholm. friendly stuff and very good location

• 31st May 2014