STF/IYHF af Chapman Reviews

Västra Brobänken, Stockholm, Sweden

I booked a private room with my friends, and it really was a highlight of the trip to stay at this great accommodation. The ship is in pristine condition. If you're wondering (I did, before going) it does not rock - you feel as if you're on solid land. Additionally, we went mid-January and I have to say the rooms were wonderfully warm (and you can control the temperature in your own room as well). The only critique: shower timers, where you have to keep pressing the water button for it to flow.

Very cool, well worth the extra cost to stay there a night or two.

Being on a boat is nice, and I guess Stockholm is expensive, but still 40+ € for a bed in a six-bed dorm feels a bit expensive. I guess you can't blame the AF Chapman staff for the other people that you're staying with in the room, but when someone else confuses your bed with theirs and you find them sleeping in there, that does detract from the overall experience.

Beautiful hostel in a beautiful, although somewhat difficult to reach location. (Expect to walk at least 15 minutes from the nearest bus stop.) The staff was all lovely and friendly and welcoming, but they- along with the hostel -seems generally catered towards an older crowd. Nothing much offered here by way of pub crawls or movie night or what have you. At least not that I could find. All just depends on what you're into I suppose!

Friendly staff who always be patient to reply enquiries. Great view of the Stockholm harbour. Located in city centre, walking distance to town centre Gamla Stan. Unique experience in stay in a 130 years sail boat. Clean and tidy room with plenty of electric sockets, lockers and fast wifi. Af Chapman is the best value-for-money option.

It was amazing exploring the city with this historic ship as home. Has several small cafes on the ship and on the hillside behind the boat. There is a great view overlooking Gamla Stan and more of Stockholm.

Closest to a hotel I've ever stayed in. Some lockers were broken and they required really tiny locks which I didn't have. Overall very nice.

Great location and great atmosphere. If it were a little cheaper I'd have stayed longer. Comfortable beds. Electricity sockets with each bed! Unfortunately my roomates decided it was okay to only make their beds at 2.30 AM when coming back from wherever, but I guess that could happen anywhere.

← Back to search results