STF/IYHF af Chapman Reviews

Västra Brobänken, Stockholm, Sweden

I booked a private room with my friends, and it really was a highlight of the trip to stay at this great accommodation. The ship is in pristine condition. If you're wondering (I did, before going) it does not rock - you feel as if you're on solid land. Additionally, we went mid-January and I have to say the rooms were wonderfully warm (and you can control the temperature in your own room as well). The only critique: shower timers, where you have to keep pressing the water button for it to flow.

Very cool, well worth the extra cost to stay there a night or two.

Being on a boat is nice, and I guess Stockholm is expensive, but still 40+ € for a bed in a six-bed dorm feels a bit expensive. I guess you can't blame the AF Chapman staff for the other people that you're staying with in the room, but when someone else confuses your bed with theirs and you find them sleeping in there, that does detract from the overall experience.

Beautiful hostel in a beautiful, although somewhat difficult to reach location. (Expect to walk at least 15 minutes from the nearest bus stop.) The staff was all lovely and friendly and welcoming, but they- along with the hostel -seems generally catered towards an older crowd. Nothing much offered here by way of pub crawls or movie night or what have you. At least not that I could find. All just depends on what you're into I suppose!

Friendly staff who always be patient to reply enquiries. Great view of the Stockholm harbour. Located in city centre, walking distance to town centre Gamla Stan. Unique experience in stay in a 130 years sail boat. Clean and tidy room with plenty of electric sockets, lockers and fast wifi. Af Chapman is the best value-for-money option.

It was amazing exploring the city with this historic ship as home. Has several small cafes on the ship and on the hillside behind the boat. There is a great view overlooking Gamla Stan and more of Stockholm.

Closest to a hotel I've ever stayed in. Some lockers were broken and they required really tiny locks which I didn't have. Overall very nice.

Great location and great atmosphere. If it were a little cheaper I'd have stayed longer. Comfortable beds. Electricity sockets with each bed! Unfortunately my roomates decided it was okay to only make their beds at 2.30 AM when coming back from wherever, but I guess that could happen anywhere.

We had a great stay: excellent location, quiet, rooms and facilities at a standard you forget you're on a ship. Booked with another family and had a room together, all to ourselves. Best morning drinking coffee on deck and overlooking Stockholm. Will stay here next time we are back in Stockholm.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

If you want to meet interesting people, hang out with those who are willing to sleep on a ship! This hostel has not only a great arrangement, it has a great location on the quiet Islam of Skeppsholm that is covered with walking paths and little historic sites. Download the app that gives you a narrative for many of these points of interest.

The hostel was superb, great facilities and lovely staff. However there was a large crowd of footballers who were staying and constantly drunk and threatening to cause trouble. As it was they were not too bad. However, at one point only one member of staff was around and had there been an incident he would not have been able to cope alone. I am not sure if this kind of accommodation is not really suitable for that kind of group.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel offered very good value for money in a beautiful location. Everything was clean and welcoming.

• 9th Jun 2015

Really great place to stay, clean, great facilities, everything you'd need. Only downside is it's not really geared up for a solo travellers looking to meet other people and lacks an atmosphere - this could just be time of year though.

That's a great experience to stay in the boat

The location is great, it's quite interesting staying on the boat and it's a clean hostel. The wifi could work better on the boat rooms and the shower was quite weak.

Brilliant place to stay in the heart of Stockholm - cabins cosy and location splendid. Only issues were a shower lock that was tricky and a staff member who did not book an extra night for us when we thought we had - also parking tricky - make sure you read rules carefully to avoid a ticket - otherwise strongly recommended.

• 17th Feb 2015

No comment, the hostel is absolutely amazing!

Nice hostel. I really enjoyed staying in this boat, it's a unusual, fun experience. I also liked the view.

It was very very very cold! It was cold outside but we expected the heat to be a little better.

• 25th Dec 2014

This was an awesome hostel, mainly because of the novelty of staying on a yacht. I went in the beginning of winter but could imagine the atmosphere being great in the summer having a few drinks on the deck but not this time round. The city was great, would definetly recommend visiting the old town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7