STF/IYHF af Chapman Reviews

Västra Brobänken, Stockholm, Sweden

A SUPER cool boat that I think is worth staying at for that aspect alone. To be honest I don't remember if it had laundry facilities, but it had everything else that you would want. The showers/restrooms were very clean, and although the shower operated on a push-activation, it was not much of a hassle and the water was always warm. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very large. I liked the people I met there and met many even though I didn't visit the common areas much.

The ship is located pretty close to the center and is also the best looking hostel I have ever stayed in. Seriously with the lights of the city and the illuminated ship - simply beautiful! Staff is very nice and, kitchen super clean and there is no doubt about security. My recommendation!

Great place, awesome ambient.

We agree :) thank you! // af Chapman

A very good location, near the tourist sites. I like the ship, the island and my stay in this hostel. I would recommend this definitely. Very unique experience to stay in a ship. The facilities are good, showerroom is clean. Our room is quiet and I like the quietness. Staff are polite.

Thank you so much, glad that you enjoyed your stay here! // af Chapman

this is a really great hostel, tottally would recomend it!

Thank you Vera! / af Chapman

Stayed on the boat. Very nice and well located. Clean et recent rooms.

Great, rich breakfast. Perfect view at Gamla Stan. Nice staff. Beautiful ship!

• 3rd Oct 2013

100 % we like, thank you!!! / af Chapman

The hostel was in a great location with clean facilities. We had an issue with our initial roommates and they workers were very accommodating in allowing us to switch rooms. Overall, it was a great experience and we would definitely return back to this hostel. You can't beat a hostel on a boat!

Just one more word: wonderful! we (my wife and me) enjoyed so much and we do hope to be able to come again very soon! (and we are NOT hostel staff or their friends :-) )

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Though i am from upstate new york, i have introduced several local swedes to the chapman who hadn't been there before. They agreed it was great.

• 28th Aug 2013

I stayed there for one night in a six person dorm. It was fine -- the location is really good and it's exciting to stay on a ship. It's also very clean and there is tons of (very private!) toilets and showers. There isn't much of a typical hostel atmosphere, which might be a good or a bad thing. The loud music on the deck (there's a restaurant) can bother a bit. Wifi could be faster. I never used the kitchen, so I can't comment about that.

A special place and location with a lovely view from the sailing bout, very clean. Bedclothes not included in the price and your own not allowed. It would be good to find some coatracks in the room.

Really cool setting and nice location. A boat hostel? Just awesome! The guy at the reception was kind of apathetic, little cunty.

• 21st Aug 2013
  • Finland

The stay there was great! Except that I contracted scabies from the mattress there.

one of a kind!

A mix up over the beds booked in the dormitory but the staff sorted it out efficiently. Very clean facilities, key card entry worked well. Convenient to be able to leave baggage there on our last day. Great location, enjoyed the stay!

• 23rd Jul 2013

Very good staff who are very helpful

A beautiful place with a very nice atmosphere. I stayed a few days in the hostel in the middle of stockholm. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was cheap and good (except the coffee) and the facilities in the hostel are great. The atmosphere of this amazing ship is very lovely and something special. The hostel is located on a small island, it takes just a few minutes to the old town but you always have to walk around the harbour. (annoying) Everything else was perfect! :-)

some members of staff were not fully up to standards or had a bad day otherwise very good place to stay in stockholm

• 12th May 2013
  • Poland

Very friendly and helpful staff and a lovely location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7