STF/IYHF af Chapman Reviews

Västra Brobänken, Stockholm, Sweden

Excellent location and ambience, friendly staff who were very helpful.

Definitely stay on the boat, maybe request harbor-side room if possible, as it was cool to look out. Staff was very nice and accommodating, from stamps to local info to baggage storage. Very convenient location to central stockholm

• 27th Jun 2014

All the reception staff were very friendly and helpful and reception is open 24h. Booking was easy and communication prior to stay was excellent. Bed linen is provided which is NOT the case in many Swedish hostels, also a towel. Kitchen facilities are good and it's fun sleeping on a boat.

• 20th Jun 2014

I have been Sweden maybe 25 times probably one of the best hostel and location in Stockholm. friendly stuff and very good location

• 31st May 2014
  • Turkey

the locker for my bed was broken. there's no signs to direct which way to go to get to the room, i found it quite confusing, had to walk back and forth to locate my room. the bed was comfortable with bed lamp and electricity socket. enjoyed the breakfast too. staff was friendly but not very knowledgable regarding the travelling information.

Without doubt I'd book again if I came back to Stockholm. I loved a lot the place, it was very especial staying in a boat in the center of a big city like Stockholm.

A SUPER cool boat that I think is worth staying at for that aspect alone. To be honest I don't remember if it had laundry facilities, but it had everything else that you would want. The showers/restrooms were very clean, and although the shower operated on a push-activation, it was not much of a hassle and the water was always warm. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very large. I liked the people I met there and met many even though I didn't visit the common areas much.

The ship is located pretty close to the center and is also the best looking hostel I have ever stayed in. Seriously with the lights of the city and the illuminated ship - simply beautiful! Staff is very nice and, kitchen super clean and there is no doubt about security. My recommendation!

Great place, awesome ambient.

We agree :) thank you! // af Chapman

A very good location, near the tourist sites. I like the ship, the island and my stay in this hostel. I would recommend this definitely. Very unique experience to stay in a ship. The facilities are good, showerroom is clean. Our room is quiet and I like the quietness. Staff are polite.

Thank you so much, glad that you enjoyed your stay here! // af Chapman

this is a really great hostel, tottally would recomend it!

Thank you Vera! / af Chapman

Stayed on the boat. Very nice and well located. Clean et recent rooms.

Great, rich breakfast. Perfect view at Gamla Stan. Nice staff. Beautiful ship!

• 3rd Oct 2013

100 % we like, thank you!!! / af Chapman

The hostel was in a great location with clean facilities. We had an issue with our initial roommates and they workers were very accommodating in allowing us to switch rooms. Overall, it was a great experience and we would definitely return back to this hostel. You can't beat a hostel on a boat!

Just one more word: wonderful! we (my wife and me) enjoyed so much and we do hope to be able to come again very soon! (and we are NOT hostel staff or their friends :-) )

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Though i am from upstate new york, i have introduced several local swedes to the chapman who hadn't been there before. They agreed it was great.

• 28th Aug 2013

I stayed there for one night in a six person dorm. It was fine -- the location is really good and it's exciting to stay on a ship. It's also very clean and there is tons of (very private!) toilets and showers. There isn't much of a typical hostel atmosphere, which might be a good or a bad thing. The loud music on the deck (there's a restaurant) can bother a bit. Wifi could be faster. I never used the kitchen, so I can't comment about that.

A special place and location with a lovely view from the sailing bout, very clean. Bedclothes not included in the price and your own not allowed. It would be good to find some coatracks in the room.

Really cool setting and nice location. A boat hostel? Just awesome! The guy at the reception was kind of apathetic, little cunty.

• 21st Aug 2013
  • Finland

The stay there was great! Except that I contracted scabies from the mattress there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7