STF/IYHF af Chapman Reviews

Västra Brobänken, Stockholm, Sweden

Very nice hostel. I stayed at the ship. Rooms were nice and bathrooms were very clean and more than enough available for everyone. Location is perfect, easy walk from trainstation and in downtown. Price included towel and linen, not very common for Sweden. Would definately stay here again.

It's very special experience. Including linen~ and There are luggage room to put my heavy bag before checking in~ and very good breakfast and restaruant.

Chapman is an amazing hostel, in fact a hotel in disguise. I have met so many friendly people there, from families with little kids to travelers around the world, and due to the great atmosphere it's really easy to get new aquaintances. The rooms and restrooms are extraordinary clean, and the view to stockholm from the deck and out of the Bull's-Eye is amazingly beatiful - in my opinion it was the best spot to look at Stockholms skyline and the royal palace.

• 29th Jul 2014

Great place, The bar on deck is awesome, with good food and lounge chairs.It is the perfect place to relax after a hard day visiting. The staff is super friendly and makes you feel welcome. Good breakfast too.

Excellent location and ambience, friendly staff who were very helpful.

Definitely stay on the boat, maybe request harbor-side room if possible, as it was cool to look out. Staff was very nice and accommodating, from stamps to local info to baggage storage. Very convenient location to central stockholm

• 27th Jun 2014

Great location right IN the harbor, not far from the old town about 5 minutes walk. Helpful, friendly staff, 24 hour reception service which is helpful when you want to check out at an unearthly hour! i would use this hostel again and I recommend!

All the reception staff were very friendly and helpful and reception is open 24h. Booking was easy and communication prior to stay was excellent. Bed linen is provided which is NOT the case in many Swedish hostels, also a towel. Kitchen facilities are good and it's fun sleeping on a boat.

• 20th Jun 2014

I have been Sweden maybe 25 times probably one of the best hostel and location in Stockholm. friendly stuff and very good location

• 31st May 2014
  • Turkey

the locker for my bed was broken. there's no signs to direct which way to go to get to the room, i found it quite confusing, had to walk back and forth to locate my room. the bed was comfortable with bed lamp and electricity socket. enjoyed the breakfast too. staff was friendly but not very knowledgable regarding the travelling information.

Without doubt I'd book again if I came back to Stockholm. I loved a lot the place, it was very especial staying in a boat in the center of a big city like Stockholm.

A SUPER cool boat that I think is worth staying at for that aspect alone. To be honest I don't remember if it had laundry facilities, but it had everything else that you would want. The showers/restrooms were very clean, and although the shower operated on a push-activation, it was not much of a hassle and the water was always warm. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very large. I liked the people I met there and met many even though I didn't visit the common areas much.

The ship is located pretty close to the center and is also the best looking hostel I have ever stayed in. Seriously with the lights of the city and the illuminated ship - simply beautiful! Staff is very nice and, kitchen super clean and there is no doubt about security. My recommendation!

Great place, awesome ambient.

We agree :) thank you! // af Chapman

A very good location, near the tourist sites. I like the ship, the island and my stay in this hostel. I would recommend this definitely. Very unique experience to stay in a ship. The facilities are good, showerroom is clean. Our room is quiet and I like the quietness. Staff are polite.

Thank you so much, glad that you enjoyed your stay here! // af Chapman

this is a really great hostel, tottally would recomend it!

Thank you Vera! / af Chapman

Stayed on the boat. Very nice and well located. Clean et recent rooms.

Great, rich breakfast. Perfect view at Gamla Stan. Nice staff. Beautiful ship!

• 3rd Oct 2013

100 % we like, thank you!!! / af Chapman

The hostel was in a great location with clean facilities. We had an issue with our initial roommates and they workers were very accommodating in allowing us to switch rooms. Overall, it was a great experience and we would definitely return back to this hostel. You can't beat a hostel on a boat!

Just one more word: wonderful! we (my wife and me) enjoyed so much and we do hope to be able to come again very soon! (and we are NOT hostel staff or their friends :-) )

• 13th Sep 2013