STF/IYHF af Chapman Reviews

Västra Brobänken, Stockholm, Sweden

If you want to meet interesting people, hang out with those who are willing to sleep on a ship! This hostel has not only a great arrangement, it has a great location on the quiet Islam of Skeppsholm that is covered with walking paths and little historic sites. Download the app that gives you a narrative for many of these points of interest.

The hostel was superb, great facilities and lovely staff. However there was a large crowd of footballers who were staying and constantly drunk and threatening to cause trouble. As it was they were not too bad. However, at one point only one member of staff was around and had there been an incident he would not have been able to cope alone. I am not sure if this kind of accommodation is not really suitable for that kind of group.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel offered very good value for money in a beautiful location. Everything was clean and welcoming.

• 9th Jun 2015

Really great place to stay, clean, great facilities, everything you'd need. Only downside is it's not really geared up for a solo travellers looking to meet other people and lacks an atmosphere - this could just be time of year though.

That's a great experience to stay in the boat

The location is great, it's quite interesting staying on the boat and it's a clean hostel. The wifi could work better on the boat rooms and the shower was quite weak.

Brilliant place to stay in the heart of Stockholm - cabins cosy and location splendid. Only issues were a shower lock that was tricky and a staff member who did not book an extra night for us when we thought we had - also parking tricky - make sure you read rules carefully to avoid a ticket - otherwise strongly recommended.

• 17th Feb 2015

No comment, the hostel is absolutely amazing!

Nice hostel. I really enjoyed staying in this boat, it's a unusual, fun experience. I also liked the view.

It was very very very cold! It was cold outside but we expected the heat to be a little better.

• 25th Dec 2014

This was an awesome hostel, mainly because of the novelty of staying on a yacht. I went in the beginning of winter but could imagine the atmosphere being great in the summer having a few drinks on the deck but not this time round. The city was great, would definetly recommend visiting the old town.

Fantastic, thank you. One small point, I noticed that a number of people didn't appear to be paying for breakfast and the menu could do with changing a little each day. Thank you again. Simon

A hostel on a sailing boat. This sounds weird, but the comfort is great, the place is clean and the view during a chill on the boar during the evening is breathtaking. I know where I am going to stay if I go back to Stockholm.

Great experience sleeping on a real boat, I strongly recommend it. Very clean rooms and good atmosphere.

Everything is perfect there. The reality, believe it or not, is like in the pictures: beautiful sight from the boat etc etc. The lockers could be better and be/look safer, but the ones they have are ok. Besides that everything is perfect: friendly staff, helpful, with solid english (as, it seems, the whole city of Stockholm). Great place, great city, beautiful country. I would stay here again (I would actually live here if I could :)

Really cool hostel. Has everything you need, either on the boat itself or in the main building. Wifi worked all through the boat, plenty of showers. Only gripes at all are that since it is on a tiny island, you have to walk a little ways to get off the island, and then connect to the metro from there. Also, the lockers won't take a typical sized padlock, make sure you have a tiny one with you.

Feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Maybe because I got lucky and got my own room, but the lobby, and for that matter, the whole vibe, was like an American hotel to me (not a bad thing). Anyways, very good value, and I would stay here again.

This hostel is absolutely amazing!! Very clean, close to everything. Strongly recommend it.

Very nice hostel. I stayed at the ship. Rooms were nice and bathrooms were very clean and more than enough available for everyone. Location is perfect, easy walk from trainstation and in downtown. Price included towel and linen, not very common for Sweden. Would definately stay here again.

It's very special experience. Including linen~ and There are luggage room to put my heavy bag before checking in~ and very good breakfast and restaruant.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7