Saba'a Hotel Reviews

Off the Main Roundabout, Wadi, Musa, Petra, Jordan

Comfortable and clean hostel located about 20 minutes walk from Petra. Gail, the owner, is very friendly and helped me arrange my onward travel to Wadi Rum. Great breakfast available too!

Gail and her team were incredibly helpful from the moment the booking was made to the moment I departed her wonderful hotel. The hotel itself is centrally located, clean and homely. The staff really go above and beyond to try and help including booking trips and organising your onward journey. On the day of my departure Gail even started breakfast two hours early to accommodate my early departure.

Service is excellent, all in a fantastically friendly good atmosphere, I still remember the great taste of the the delicious taste of soup and breakfast, all carefully prepared and served with good mood and kindness, in general for me it had been a great experience to have the opportunity to visit Petra and to stay in Saba's Hotel

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Spain

The location is in the heart of the busy part of town in terms of banks, cafes, and restaurants. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the Petra entrance gate. Gail is an extremely friendly host. The dorm is not bunk style so there's some room to move.

all perfect ;)

Can't say enough about Abraham and Gail (Sp?). They make you feel at home and are a huge help should you have any questions. Get the pack lunch they offer to save yourself money at Petra and make sure to have a meal with them in the evening as it was great as well. If you're going to stay in Wadi Musa, this is the place you want to be.

• 4th Dec 2015

Stay was close to perfect and value for money is great. Rooms are cold but they provide you with a nice heater if you ask for it :) Great packed lunches available for 3.5 JOD Only negative points: Toilet flush very weak, leaving marks behind... Shower temperature hard to adjust, hot water not available before 6.30am

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

Everything was great, it is just be more carefull with the cleanliness in the bathroom but there is not a big deal about it, once again thanks a lot

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • Colombia

we really enjoyed our stay. Gail was extremely helpful and full of good ideas to make our stay special, info when needed etc. We loved the cosmopolitan friendly crowd. At our dinner table one night there were travellers from all the continents except Antarctica, with great stories to tell. The 360 degree view from the rooftop is great. I would highly recommend Saba'a for anyone who enjoys a simple clean comfortable and friendly place.

Great and accommodating reception!

Great stay with great people, will recommend to all

• 6th Nov 2015

Gail is a great host! Made me brekkie even before breakfast because I wanted to leave early for my hike. The best part of this hotel is the dormitory room, it's in the basement but it's good to have a budget option in Jordan. The beds are average but it's all you need. Free brekkie is great and very substantial. It's about 15-20 minutes away from Petra entrance, I walked there. The roof top is a great plus. If it's not too windy you can hangout there, good views. I recommend Saba'a Hotel!

Great location for Petra! Owner and staff were friendly and beds were comfortable. Shower a bit disappointing and common area small, but intimate. Good breakfast included! Would stay again.

Could be a lot cleaner

Very easy stay, made our time in Jordan more comfortable.

Loved the owners! Rooftop BBQ makes a nice social experience.

Gail and her staff are amazing friendly people. Watch out for Ibrahim, he's perhaps the only Arabic guy I met in those 3 weeks with amazing sense of humor. I missed the bus to Wadi Rum so they put me in the taxi that was going to pick people up from Wadi Rum for only 10 JD.

Really liked the location and the staff at Saba hotel. Only negative thing is that the shower was pretty bad and could do with an upgrade. Also toilet paper should be provided daily.

Solid place to stay if you are on a budget. Room was fairly clean, had a fan which was key. They have water refill at a low price and meals as well, including a pretty great breakfast.

The most friendly and helpfull staff I've ever met in any hostel so far! The owners can always give advice on literally anything and are more than happy to help. The atmosphere and the rooms are great, the view from the roof terrace amazing. The only downside might be the location, with an about 20 minute walk uphill after the Petra visit. Still, the place is definitely worth the walk (or a taxi-ride up the hill) ;)