Saba'a Hotel Reviews

Off the Main Roundabout, Wadi, Musa, Petra, Jordan

Friendly staff and excellent prices. Answered all our questions in a very helpful manner. Tasty breakfast too!

Very helpful staffs. They help me to buy a ticket for Petra by night and book a journey to Wadi Rum. There are shops, restaurant and ATM around the corner. I stayed in a single bedroom. The door was hard to open and close. Warm water did not work well in the evening. Maybe they could be fixed.

The staff is great, and super helpful and nice to chat with. Nice to have a native English speaker to be sure. Taking a shower is a bit more tricky- must wait about 5 minutes until the water heats up, which feels like a bit of a waste of water. The dorm room was in the basement, but it was comfortable, and a lot of space. No bunk beds, which was great.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for writing. The problem with the shower is unfortunately unfixable.We have installed a solar system on the roof which provides us with lots hot water, but because the dorm is in the basement, it must first push out the cold water waiting in the pipe before arriving in your shower. In the summer its not a problem because the pipes warm up in the sunshine and people prefer cooler showers anyway - but for the winter it's a problem.

Good hostel in terms of location and staff but the dorm room was freezing when I was there in early December.

Hi, glad you were mostly happy. Sorry you found it a bit cold. In early December the temps were still between 19-23C in the day and the lowest at night was 10C which is usually fine. Electric heaters are really expensive to run and so I tend to only put them on once the temps go below 15C or if someone asks.

This is a very relaxed and friendly hostel. I received an e-mail as soon as I booked to provide further detail of how to get there which was nice. Stayed in a large dorm and they had individual lockers by each bed. Location wise it's not on the door step of Petra entrance, but it's near enough to easily walk there.

Having a native-english speaking host was a pleasant surprise and it enabled us to get really great advice on our future plans. We enjoyed our stay at the hostel and would use it again. Nice husband and wife team..keep up the god work.

You will be fine with gary, ibrahim, manuel and burk

the owner is really nice. and i like the terrace so much! it is a pity i went upstairs too late that i missed the beautiful peaceful sunset.. nice breakfast and valuable lunch set for hiking in Petra.

Like many, our goal was to find a budget stop-over accommodation where we could crash after long days in Petra. This completely served our purpose. Overall our stay was fine. The beds and bathrooms were clean, the owner, Gail, is very friendly and helpful, and the rooftop terrace is a great way to wind down the evening. Free breakfast is free breakfast. Nothing spectacular on the spread but we were grateful that Gail arranged for us to eat early so we could catch the bus to wadi rum.

Gail is taking care of all our needs; breakfast great and ready before time if we are leaving earlier. Perfect location. Sydney hostel in Amman and Saba'a hostel in Petra are the best ever hostels I've stayed in my many travels around the world.

The Saba'a Hotel's staff was very accommodating and friendly. Gail and another woman who was there helping out for a few days were both very welcoming and answered any questions that we had and gave us wonderful suggestions. The hotel has a terrace on the roof which was very nice as you could see most of the city and breakfast was great. My friends stayed in the mixed dorm which was clean; however, there were not enough outlets for all of us to charge our devices. Definitely recommended!

Nice hostel in the city center, close to the bus station. About 15-20 minutes walk to the entrance of Petra. Gail was very nice and helpful. Thank you for all of your information!

Great place and great price... Gail is EXCELLENT.rest assured, the place to be in Petra.

Great place i definitely recommended this Hotel if you re planing to stay in Wadi Musa its in a middle of t downdown and at 15min. walk to the main entrance for Petra , good breakfast and good staff

Really good hotel for the price and staff is super nice and helpful!!

the best in petra.

My stay at thissaba'a hotel was very pleasant. excellenet

The breakfast is really nice and Gail really nice, she will help you in finding good solutions for your trip. The hotel is in a center, 20 - 25 minutes by walk from the site but uphill when coming back (so make sure you're not tired out ;) otherwise, the taxi takes you up for 1 dinar!

I wasn't most pleased with this hostel. My top bunk did not have a barrier so I did not sleep well afraid that I would roll off, not safe at all. Keys are left at reception but many times when staff weren't around I had to go behind the desk and get my own key, defeats the point really. Staff helped book a taxi to wadi rum but could have been a lot more informative as we ended up having big trouble at the drop off point and were annoyed we weren't pre warned of the situation.

Hi, I'm sorry you were afraid of falling out of bed, The side bar was broken by a previous guest jumping up and I hadn't had time to replace it, if you had mentioned you were afraid I could have changed your room. There is a large bell on the desk with a sign asking you to press it if you need a staff member. The trouble at Wadi Rum was caused solely by the people there. They threatened both our driver and the car and we had them arrested because of it. You underpaid our driver and owe him 5JD

Great owner, so welcoming and helpful!