Saba'a Hotel Reviews

Off the Main Roundabout, Wadi, Musa, Petra, Jordan

Gail and Ibrahim are excellent hosts—friendly and helpful. I recommend the tuna pita sandwich bagged lunch.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Thank you for everything Gail! This place is fantastic. Met wonderful fellow travelers here, enjoyed all of Gail's recommendations for food and tours and absolutely loved how easy it was to get to and from Petra each day (1 JD for a cab ride or a 15 minute walk!). I would highly recommend the Saba'a Hostel (especially for solo travelers), and I will absolutely be staying there if I end up in Petra again!

Very good value for money. the host is very friendly and helpfull. breakfast was also good.

Nice hotel, friendly staff. i would come back

Friendly staff, cosy atmosphere, lovely courtyard area with swinging chairs made it feel like a true holiday destination! Centrally located (just 5 minutes walk from Eilat Central Bus Station), quiet, and chairs outside every room for couples to chill out.

We loved our stay at Saba'a. Gail and Ibrahim were both really helpful and made us feel at home. Just a few minutes away from Petra. Would definitly go back!

The staff is extraordinarily friendly. We stayed one night and then decided to stay another one and after this very nice experience they even helped us to get a jeep tour in the desert, which was really great. Thank you! It was our second stay in Sabaa Hostel and we will for sure come back!

Friendly and helpful lady - owner

• 26th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Good value - very low price considering how close the hostel is to Petra and includes a very good breakfast in the price of the hostel. Location was good - close to Petra and the bus station so easy to walk or take a cheap cab. Less of a social atmosphere than other hostels but still good common area so you are not just stuck in the bedrooms.

The Sabaa is a short 10 minute walk from Petra, or you can easily get a cab for 1-2 JD. It was very clean with a roof with great views of Wadi Musa. Gail, the owner, is a wonderful resource for ideas about how to use your time in Petra. Highly recommended!

After a week in Jordan it was so nice to hear great English and a hassle-free hostel to stay in. The rooms were amazing and the meals offered were extremely satisfactory. Definitely stay here when in Petra.

Gail was very helpful and friendly. I liked the snack menu and lunch boxes can be purchased for Petra. It's right in the centre of town, close to local bus station, but about a 20 minute walk to Petra site. I definitely recommend it.

The place has good atmosphere, guest were families and solo traveleres, which was great for meeting ppl. The owners are good ppl and helpful, specialy Gail, she is great, always available, with lots of information and whiling to help. The place itself is simple but got what you need (i was in the dorms), although bathtoom was smelly and not very clean, and beds the matress linen is provided but then you cover yourself with the blanket, which i dont know if it's changed with guests check out

Hello Karina Thank-you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear the bathroom was not kept in good condition, it's a really busy time at the moment and with the dorm full most days, it can get a bit messy. I'll make sure that it's checked more regularly. On the beds you have a sheet and a duvet, these are washed after every guest. You should sleep under the duvet and then the blanket is just to go on top of the linen in case you are cold.

Everything a hostel should be. Gail was really helpful, it had a great atmosphere and the roof terrace was awesome. Thanks for such a nice stay.

Our succesful trip could not have been so good if it were not for the wonderful hospitality at Saba'a hotel!! Wonderful host- Gail, great location next to all the shops and restaurants, good breakfast and clean rooms. All in all, a success!!!

• 28th Mar 2014

The owners are great hosts! Would stay there again, but not in the smelly basement dorm. If you can afford it take one of the nice privates.

Good breakfast, good value for money. Staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Great location, 10 minute walk down the hill to Petra

This is a wonderful hostel-one of the best I've ever been at! This is mostly due to the staff-especially Gail. She was so friendly and helpful and went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable. The rooms are cosy and well-kept and the breakfast is yummy and plentiful. I would definitely recommend a stay here!

This place is fantastic in every possible way! Great: staff, location, in meeting other travelers, free breakfast, beds, rooftop, pack lunch, you name it... The owners are super helpful and informative! I recommended this place to everyone in my path (in Amman & Jerusalem) that said they were thinking to head to Petra, probably should have taken more business cards. When I come back to Petra, I will stay at Saba'a! And you should too!! Thanks so much for a wonderful stay! :)

Located just a step away from the roundabout. Great staff, super helpful. Anything you want to know Gail knows and helps you arrange it. Great value for money. I would go back and recommend it when visiting petra.