Saba'a Hotel Reviews

Off the Main Roundabout, Wadi, Musa, Petra, Jordan

Nice hostel in the city center, close to the bus station. About 15-20 minutes walk to the entrance of Petra. Gail was very nice and helpful. Thank you for all of your information!

Great place and great price... Gail is EXCELLENT.rest assured, the place to be in Petra.

Really good hotel for the price and staff is super nice and helpful!!

the best in petra.

My stay at thissaba'a hotel was very pleasant. excellenet

The breakfast is really nice and Gail really nice, she will help you in finding good solutions for your trip. The hotel is in a center, 20 - 25 minutes by walk from the site but uphill when coming back (so make sure you're not tired out ;) otherwise, the taxi takes you up for 1 dinar!

I wasn't most pleased with this hostel. My top bunk did not have a barrier so I did not sleep well afraid that I would roll off, not safe at all. Keys are left at reception but many times when staff weren't around I had to go behind the desk and get my own key, defeats the point really. Staff helped book a taxi to wadi rum but could have been a lot more informative as we ended up having big trouble at the drop off point and were annoyed we weren't pre warned of the situation.

Hi, I'm sorry you were afraid of falling out of bed, The side bar was broken by a previous guest jumping up and I hadn't had time to replace it, if you had mentioned you were afraid I could have changed your room. There is a large bell on the desk with a sign asking you to press it if you need a staff member. The trouble at Wadi Rum was caused solely by the people there. They threatened both our driver and the car and we had them arrested because of it. You underpaid our driver and owe him 5JD

Great owner, so welcoming and helpful!

Gail and Ibrahim are excellent hosts—friendly and helpful. I recommend the tuna pita sandwich bagged lunch.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Thank you for everything Gail! This place is fantastic. Met wonderful fellow travelers here, enjoyed all of Gail's recommendations for food and tours and absolutely loved how easy it was to get to and from Petra each day (1 JD for a cab ride or a 15 minute walk!). I would highly recommend the Saba'a Hostel (especially for solo travelers), and I will absolutely be staying there if I end up in Petra again!

Very good value for money. the host is very friendly and helpfull. breakfast was also good.

Nice hotel, friendly staff. i would come back

Friendly staff, cosy atmosphere, lovely courtyard area with swinging chairs made it feel like a true holiday destination! Centrally located (just 5 minutes walk from Eilat Central Bus Station), quiet, and chairs outside every room for couples to chill out.

We loved our stay at Saba'a. Gail and Ibrahim were both really helpful and made us feel at home. Just a few minutes away from Petra. Would definitly go back!

The staff is extraordinarily friendly. We stayed one night and then decided to stay another one and after this very nice experience they even helped us to get a jeep tour in the desert, which was really great. Thank you! It was our second stay in Sabaa Hostel and we will for sure come back!

Good place for backpackers. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms a bit on the shabby old side, but nothing terribly bad.

Friendly and helpful lady - owner

• 26th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Good value - very low price considering how close the hostel is to Petra and includes a very good breakfast in the price of the hostel. Location was good - close to Petra and the bus station so easy to walk or take a cheap cab. Less of a social atmosphere than other hostels but still good common area so you are not just stuck in the bedrooms.

The Sabaa is a short 10 minute walk from Petra, or you can easily get a cab for 1-2 JD. It was very clean with a roof with great views of Wadi Musa. Gail, the owner, is a wonderful resource for ideas about how to use your time in Petra. Highly recommended!

Great guesthouse in Wadi Musa. Very nice rooms with a fan, separate shower area with shower curtain, comfy mattress and pillows. The breakfast is simple but delicious. Gail is a fantastic host, nothing is ever a problem, she helped us organise Petra by Night tickets prior to our arrival, the lunch packs she makes are great and cheap to take into Petra, and the water is cheap also. The guesthouse is situated at the top of the hill, but we had a car so no problem, and only 2JD to take taxi each wa