Saba'a Hotel Reviews

Off the Main Roundabout, Wadi, Musa, Petra, Jordan

I wasn't most pleased with this hostel. My top bunk did not have a barrier so I did not sleep well afraid that I would roll off, not safe at all. Keys are left at reception but many times when staff weren't around I had to go behind the desk and get my own key, defeats the point really. Staff helped book a taxi to wadi rum but could have been a lot more informative as we ended up having big trouble at the drop off point and were annoyed we weren't pre warned of the situation.

Hi, I'm sorry you were afraid of falling out of bed, The side bar was broken by a previous guest jumping up and I hadn't had time to replace it, if you had mentioned you were afraid I could have changed your room. There is a large bell on the desk with a sign asking you to press it if you need a staff member. The trouble at Wadi Rum was caused solely by the people there. They threatened both our driver and the car and we had them arrested because of it. You underpaid our driver and owe him 5JD

Great owner, so welcoming and helpful!

Gail and Ibrahim are excellent hosts—friendly and helpful. I recommend the tuna pita sandwich bagged lunch.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Thank you for everything Gail! This place is fantastic. Met wonderful fellow travelers here, enjoyed all of Gail's recommendations for food and tours and absolutely loved how easy it was to get to and from Petra each day (1 JD for a cab ride or a 15 minute walk!). I would highly recommend the Saba'a Hostel (especially for solo travelers), and I will absolutely be staying there if I end up in Petra again!

Very good value for money. the host is very friendly and helpfull. breakfast was also good.

Nice hotel, friendly staff. i would come back

Friendly staff, cosy atmosphere, lovely courtyard area with swinging chairs made it feel like a true holiday destination! Centrally located (just 5 minutes walk from Eilat Central Bus Station), quiet, and chairs outside every room for couples to chill out.

We loved our stay at Saba'a. Gail and Ibrahim were both really helpful and made us feel at home. Just a few minutes away from Petra. Would definitly go back!

The staff is extraordinarily friendly. We stayed one night and then decided to stay another one and after this very nice experience they even helped us to get a jeep tour in the desert, which was really great. Thank you! It was our second stay in Sabaa Hostel and we will for sure come back!

Good place for backpackers. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms a bit on the shabby old side, but nothing terribly bad.

Friendly and helpful lady - owner

• 26th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Good value - very low price considering how close the hostel is to Petra and includes a very good breakfast in the price of the hostel. Location was good - close to Petra and the bus station so easy to walk or take a cheap cab. Less of a social atmosphere than other hostels but still good common area so you are not just stuck in the bedrooms.

The Sabaa is a short 10 minute walk from Petra, or you can easily get a cab for 1-2 JD. It was very clean with a roof with great views of Wadi Musa. Gail, the owner, is a wonderful resource for ideas about how to use your time in Petra. Highly recommended!

Great guesthouse in Wadi Musa. Very nice rooms with a fan, separate shower area with shower curtain, comfy mattress and pillows. The breakfast is simple but delicious. Gail is a fantastic host, nothing is ever a problem, she helped us organise Petra by Night tickets prior to our arrival, the lunch packs she makes are great and cheap to take into Petra, and the water is cheap also. The guesthouse is situated at the top of the hill, but we had a car so no problem, and only 2JD to take taxi each wa

After a week in Jordan it was so nice to hear great English and a hassle-free hostel to stay in. The rooms were amazing and the meals offered were extremely satisfactory. Definitely stay here when in Petra.

Gail was very helpful and friendly. I liked the snack menu and lunch boxes can be purchased for Petra. It's right in the centre of town, close to local bus station, but about a 20 minute walk to Petra site. I definitely recommend it.

The place has good atmosphere, guest were families and solo traveleres, which was great for meeting ppl. The owners are good ppl and helpful, specialy Gail, she is great, always available, with lots of information and whiling to help. The place itself is simple but got what you need (i was in the dorms), although bathtoom was smelly and not very clean, and beds the matress linen is provided but then you cover yourself with the blanket, which i dont know if it's changed with guests check out

Hello Karina Thank-you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear the bathroom was not kept in good condition, it's a really busy time at the moment and with the dorm full most days, it can get a bit messy. I'll make sure that it's checked more regularly. On the beds you have a sheet and a duvet, these are washed after every guest. You should sleep under the duvet and then the blanket is just to go on top of the linen in case you are cold.

Everything a hostel should be. Gail was really helpful, it had a great atmosphere and the roof terrace was awesome. Thanks for such a nice stay.

Our succesful trip could not have been so good if it were not for the wonderful hospitality at Saba'a hotel!! Wonderful host- Gail, great location next to all the shops and restaurants, good breakfast and clean rooms. All in all, a success!!!

• 28th Mar 2014

The owners are great hosts! Would stay there again, but not in the smelly basement dorm. If you can afford it take one of the nice privates.