Saba'a Hotel Reviews

Off the Main Roundabout, Wadi, Musa, Petra, Jordan

The most friendly and helpfull staff I've ever met in any hostel so far! The owners can always give advice on literally anything and are more than happy to help. The atmosphere and the rooms are great, the view from the roof terrace amazing. The only downside might be the location, with an about 20 minute walk uphill after the Petra visit. Still, the place is definitely worth the walk (or a taxi-ride up the hill) ;)

Great hostel close to Petra. The owners were extremely friendly and helped out with any questions that we had during our stay. The packed lunch was delicious and really good value! Gail even helped to book us a bus to Wadi Rum then woke up early to make sure we were able to have breakfast before it picked us up at 6:20am. We would definitely stay here again if we ever return to Petra

Lovely staff, amazing servuce

I had a great time here! Breakfast is amazing, rooms are clean and the staff are lovely, very friendly and helpful. The only tiny thing that the hostel is missing is some kind of shuttle transportation to the gates of Petra. It's about at 15 minute walk which is no problem in the morning, but after an long day of walking in Petra it feels like climbing Everest. (Though taxis are only about 2/3 JD.) That's my only complaint, everything else was wonderful and I'd definitely recommend Saba hotel!

Owner and Staff here are really friendly and helpful. The new born cat is cute! toilets have room for improvement but budget traveler cannot expect too much. It's a good place to stay for sure. the breakfast is great with much stuffs. we order the packed lunch and they are much better than I imagine!!!!! highly appreciate!

The reception was helpful however the dorm itself is rather dingy and the flyscreens were absent and people were being bitten. Also the whole room smelt like petrol. Fortunately we complained and got an upgrade. However I don't think this would be available to everybody. The private rooms are much better and quite secure but the actual dorms are pretty crusty and walls were crumbly.

Its perfect. Packed lunch expectedly wonderful. Met a lot of backpackers, very nice play and value for money

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

Love this hostel. Great staff, wonderful atmosphere, it's clean, and I met some of the coolest people I met on my 3 month trip. Get the lunch, the hummus sandwich is awesome and it's a great deal. Beautiful rooftop view. I stayed in the big dorm downstairs and still managed to get great sleep. I only stayed two nights and I wish I could have stayed longer!

I cannot recommend the Saba'a hotel enough! I have not stayed in a better valued hotel anywhere, regardless of country. The included breakfast in the morning is better than most included breakfasts at a 3 or 4 star hotel, absolutely amazing for the value! The operators were exceptionally kind and helpful for any question I had about anything. My only complaint is that the wifi does not stretch the whole building, it's mostly in the reception, but that creates a social atmosphere.

The hostel staff was nice. The facilities were perfectly adequate. The price was perfect.

• 10th Jun 2015

Nice hostel and friendly staff. Bathroom could have been cleaner! We enjoyed our stay, good location and very helpful people there who helped us getting organized.

Excellent place to stay. The couple is very friendly and super helpful

미리 예약을 한지라 저는 이 곳에서 지내고, 페트라에 오는 길에 만난 다른 친구들은 발렌타인인에서 지냈는제 발렌타인인이 여러 투어 프로그램이 잘 되어있고. 타 도시로 가는 교통편이나 페트라 나잇 등 여행자를 위한 시스템이 잘 갖추어져 있다는 생각이 들었습니다. 스탭도 그 곳이 훨씬 더 친절했구요. 이 곳의 도미는 지하에 있고 주인은 사실상 게스트에게 관심도 없고 뭔가를 추천해줄 생각도 없어보였습니다. 조식도 정말 삶은 계란 외엔 먹을 게 없었습니다. 위치는 언덕 올라가는 초입이랑 은행이랑 마트와 좀 더 가깝다는 점.

Run by an English woman (Gail) who is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Great common area. Easy walk to Petra. Gail helped me plan my next moves, her pack lunch and tours are reasonably priced, and the breakfast (included) is top notch! I felt very safe, but I should point main door is open, dorm room is open, and lockers are not secure. Wouldn't suit a paranoid person. There's one shower for the dorm, and wifi is weak outside reception, but I'd definitely stay there again.

Walking distance to Petra site, so no need to pay for taxi. Owner is English so communication was easy and she was very helpful and pleasant.

Very helpful and knowledgable staff. Amazing breakfast, and you can get a packed lunch to take to Petra (food is super expensive inside.) Comfortable beds/ good rooms except no wifi in room. Hostel is close to restaurants but 15 min walk from petra/ uphill to get back. the little dude who worked there is really quirky/ hilarious and can drive you around though. only problem was how incredibly loud the street was at night.

Superb hostel for anybody visiting Petra. Only a 15 minute walk to the main gates, all the information you need at the hostel (guide books etc) and even do a packed lunch for 3.50 that I would highly recommend. Single beds, not bunk beds which I liked. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby, good breakfast and great wifi. Owners and workers are very friendly, always very clean and a very comfortable terrace. Excellent value for money. and I certainly recommend this hostel.

The hostel was great the guys were full of banter and Gail was full of information would definitely stay again! Was value for money and its location was perfect!

Staff is incredibly nice and helpful, rooms cozy and clean. Super close to the entrance of the Petra site, so absolutelly convenient and worth it.

Staying here was lovely. Gail is wonderful and endlessly helpful. Breakfast was delicious. It is a pretty hefty 20 minute walk from Petra, but I expected as much. If I remember correctly there isn't really a lock on the door... but there is a small safe next to the bed in which you can store valuables. Despite this I felt very safe at Saba'a.