Sabine House Reviews

58 Rue Du Garde Chasse, Les Lilas, Paris, France

Nice House ! very nice breakfast + nice sandwich !!!! good wifi everywhere, the woman who manage the house is very helpful and kind ! (but the 2 others guys who work there are stupid ) , kitchen is the room ! the security is so so but you can leave your valuable to the woman! So nice stay there !

Great value: quiet location with excellent transit into Paris downtown! The woman who ran the B&B is a sweet woman who makes breakfast and lunch for guests and can offer tons of great advice for places to visit in Paris. There is a computer that you can use and laundry (for fees that are reasonable) and it's close to several markets and restaurants. I really enjoyed being away from the huge attractions but a short walk from the metro. When staying here, be strategic about the bathroom!

Sabine house was amazing! Sonia was the sweetest host. She made us breakfast and sack lunches every day. Simply remarkable. Dorm set up was exactly what I was looking for. Great value

• 12th Jul 2014

Ms Sonja is really nice and makes you a sandwich for lunch and basically an all-you-can-eat breakfast. However, the security is lacking and it is too far away from central Paris. The girls staying with me hated it and left after one night, but if you don't might a quiet, non-partying place that offers good value..then Sabine House provides that.

This is not a hostel.. Is an old womans house. Breakfast is great and wifi works just ok. But one of the staff, possibly one of the sons of the old woman, is kinda stupid. He touches our stuff, he even took my friends harmonica out of his backpack and started playing it, of course without his consent. Also they will always wake you up for breakfast, and even if you dont want, youre gonna be forced to eat it, at 8-9 am. This big guy also starts rubbing your feet to wake you up. Curfew at 12 night

Sabine House is very clean and nice, but I had trouble with the staff while I was there. When I arrived I had a lot of bug bites from a trip to Ireland and my host wouldn't believe that's all they were. She seemed to think I had fleas or something and wanted to isolate me as much as possible. There was also poor organization and communication. While I was there I stayed three nights and never slept in the same room twice. There kept being other people who needed my room for some reason.

No lockers and no key so you could not lock the door. We had to hide our stuff under the bed.

Sabine house operator is dishonest and tries to make you pay more than she is owed. The info and photos on hostel world are misleading. Brazilian male house cleaner who comes in the rooms when girls are changing and tries to kiss/touch inappropriately - this went on for hours to the point where we left the hostel 3 days early because we felt so uncomfortable. Nowhere to lock up items - other than leave them in the main house you don't have 24/7 access to. Would not reccommend

• 17th Jun 2014

The whole room had only one key, and when the key was gone, the lady kept asking me even if I didn't know where it was. The communicating was horrible, English doesn't work well here. When the cooking facilities were dirty, the owner kind of blamed the people who stayed, as if it's none of her business- Duh, this is YOUR hostel! She even tried to make me pay for a second time, which was beyond ridiculous. I've stayed for a couple of days, and I think I've had enough of it. After all, it's cheap.

It's a very nice place to stay, the only problem is that it's pretty far from the tourist part of the city, but if you're looking for a quiet and safe place to stay the night sabine's house is the place to be.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

The place is easily accessible by metri, though you have to walk a bit from there to the place (around 5 mins). Decent bed and shower. A bit noisy, but if you are a good sleeper it's not a problem. Breakfast included with sandwich for lunch. The lady owner is very helpful and nice. Overall i enjoy my stay.

A lovely older Korean couple runs this bed and breakfast and truly care about their customers. They have a wonderful breakfast prepared every morning for those in the dormitories and Ms. Sonya even packs you a sandwich for lunch. They even let me practice my French with them! Just a short walk from the Mairie des Lilas métro station. Absolutely recommend them for any college student looking for an affordable and comfortable place to stay in Paris.

Pretty average place, the dorms at least

Sabine was a very welcoming host, and gave me helpful and clear instructions on how to get to the airport. She sets out an elaborate breakfast everyday, and also prepares sandwiches everyday for travelers! There are no lockers, but you can leave anything valuable in her locked room, which is helpful. It is quite far from the center, but it also felt much safer than the areas I've stayed in near the center! This is definitely the best hostel I have stayed at in Paris!

Pretty nice space. Rooms are crammed with beds so you get quite personal with your roommates. If you are in Paris to do sightseeing the location is awful. Very far out of the city, long metro ride to the sights. Breakfast was included and she also sent you on your way with a sandwich which was nice!

I could not make my first night because of flight issues and the lady charged me for it AND took my deposit as well. I tried reasoning and she told me the deposit is for hostel worlds comission?? Disappointed. This place is clean but no ambiance. A bit far from the city.

• 7th Jun 2014

Loved staying here. The lady is very nice and accommodating.

• 4th Jun 2014

Not obvious at all this is a hostel. until we were shown to our dorm rooms it just looked like somebody's house. No sign saying "Sabine House Hostel", just the house number, and its not obvious its a hostel. No way to lock up belongings, no lockers. Clean, and still felt safe enough though. Free breakfast was very very nice! Poached eggs, ham and baguettes was very appreciated!

If you want to save money, here is the hostel you've been looking for! Pros: homey, not expensive, free hot breakfast, free lunch (sandwich), fairly clean, fridge and small kitchen available to use. Cons: full metro ride (the whole line) away from Paris centre, weird security (one key per room, doors often unlocked, no lockers, just pray and hide your passport), essentially you live in a Korean lady's basement. Bottom line - I really enjoyed it! But I'm not picky and booked last minute...!

The hostel was located very close to a metro station and it took little time to get to central Paris. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and the hostel provided sandwiches for lunch as well. The facilities were clean and very comfortable. There was wifi and computers with printers available, as well. Overall a great place to stay for the money!

• 18th Apr 2014