Safari Guest House Reviews

Flat6,7fl,Blk C, Chunking mansions,36-44 Nathan Ro, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Cheap, clean and safe hostel with friendly stuff, exactly what I needed in Chungking Mansions. Also, they replied to my email almost instantly (booking confirmation). During 2 days of my trip Block C elevators weren't very crowded

Very kind staff. Gave a very detailed explanation of surrounding tourist sites.

• 20th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

I gave it 100%, because it's all right. Yes, it is Chungking Mansion - which is crazy, dirty, loud, funny as hell - but if you get used to it it's working out fine. I even fitted (just) in the room :)

Very difficult to find receptionist staff.very very very very difficult

cheap, excellent location and clean. very ideal for someone on a budget.

• 19th Sep 2013
  • jenme032364
  • Philippines

very very good hostel' friendly and kind staff

Good value for money considering we were in Hong Kong, The room was small but beds were high enough to put bag underneath. Although Chungking Mansions is supposedly pretty dangerous we felt safe as there were lots of locks and security. En-suite was very small and the shower didn't have a cubicle, just part of the toilet. The staff were so friendly and even brought my friend a present on her birthday! Was clean and a handy location on Kowloon with great Indian food downstairs

Staff were friendly. Good value for money and location. Although the cleanliness is not great and I did find one or two cockroaches. Apart from that my bedding was cleaned every few days.

ok for the price, Dora the manager was very helpful

• 16th Aug 2013

If you can deal with running the gauntlet that is Chung King Mansions to get in, and you don't mind a small room, then this is a good option. Located with easy access to the bay ferries and subways.

After reading the reviews for hostels in that area, Safari seemed the best

View all Hong Kong Bed and Breakfasts