Safari Hostel Reviews

Petrovka 26, Str. 8, Moscow, Russia

This hostel is terrible. The bathrooms are so nasty, I felt like I would catch something. The staff is pretty incompetent, and tried to make me pay for my room the full price, even though I already paid a deposit. I arrived late at night, the hostel is on a poorly lit stree. They told me that my bed is being rennovated, and they booked me in another hostel, without notifying me and expecting me to go there in the middle of the night without any proper directions. Bull$&@&

I actually didn't stay at the hostel, because it was closed and we were only informed by a note stick on the front door. I think that at least we could have spared 1,5 hours of wandering (the location isn't easy to find) if they had sent an email in advance. However, the hostel the suggested in replacement wasn't bad.

The 2nd hostel I was meant to stay in on my trans Siberian journey. I had emailed a couple of days I'm advance asking for some detailed directions.I received no response and after ariving into Moscow at 22:00 I wanted to get my head down.After navigating the metro I arrived nearby and took the best part of 45 minutes to find the place(Im good with directions,this was just difficult).23:30 I arrived to find a sign stating not open until 7th. Luckily I found Ivan Hostel. Not impressed.

Good clean hostel, plenty of shower rooms, helpful staff, free tea & coffee, great kitchen, lockers, walkable distance to Bolshoi theatre or Red Square.

Hi, I spent 5 days in this hostel. Location is really good , 5 minutes by walking to reach the nearest metro. Just it should be known that should be used metro Teatralna for coming to hostel.Staf also are good at in their job.Finally I can advice this hostel.

Very nice and especially hostel in the centre of Moscow. Free coffee, tea and cookies are provided. Very helpful and kind staff. Location is a bit hard to find (somewhere in the backyard). And you should be able to get along with very thin mattraces. Fully equipped modern kitchen, where travellers meet. I had a nice stay and can recommend the hostel.

ive stayed there for 5nights, it was such a enjoyable time. good facilities, nice staffs, clean.