Safari Inn Reviews

Band Street, P.O.BOX 21113, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Be very careful when paying for this hostel. The staff tried to charge me $10 more per night. They argued with me until I produced the receipt from Hostelworld showing how much I owed. No doubt they try and con many foreign visitors out of money so make sure you know exactly how much you owe before you arrive. Their taxi service to the airport is very overpriced and can be found much cheaper locally. The area is very unpleasant but only 15 mins from airport. The rooms are very basic but cheap.

The place is ugly but I think that's more just that the whole city is ugly. For a cheap hotel it's what you'd expect. Close to ferry and they store your luggage for you. Though when I came to pick it up the guy at the desk looked at me cluelessly and didn't know about bag storage so he made me panick. I waited an hr for the manager and luckily he had it. Breakfast is gross just toast.

The rooms were very humid, but otherwise everything was great, especially the candy bars in the lobby

• 10th Oct 2014