Safari Inn Reviews

Band Street, P.O.BOX 21113, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Decent place to stay for one night with a hot shower. However, wifi was really slow.

Good value for money. The staff helped us giving us directions and also got us the ferry tickets for Zanzibar with no extra charge. No wi-fi but there is one pc with internet in the lobby. Essential rooms for a cheap stay. Recommended.

Good for one or two nights, like while waiting for a ferry. Right in the City Center.

Our room was full of mold, staff was impolite and tried to cheat too much money from us and breakfast was bad.

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Finland

Love to be in the heart of bustling town like this, great restaurants and chai shops round the corner, Kariakoo markets fantastic, learn some swahili and enjoy!

• 25th Oct 2013

The room is very small and not nearly modern, BUT : Internet access in lobby, hot shower and toilet and self regulated air conditioner in the room, window with good lockers (you can open and close yourself ), toilet paper and soup, not bad bed clothes and towels, small table with the mirror and chair – very good package for this money! In addition: located in the walking distance from Dar Es Salaam Ferry Terminal from Zanzibar ( 15 min), in the quit and safety place (inside the area with gate!).

other then being a little hard to find everything was great! thanks!

• 16th Sep 2013

Friendly peple, very helpful. A good place for budget travellers who start their Tanzania experience. Thank you!

The location is great and the staff very friendly. Thank you!

I was staying in an individual room. It was small, but enough for me. There was a mosquito net in the window, so I had no problems with mosquitos at all. The ac was broken, but the fan was enough to keep the room fresh. The room was clean and the sheets as well. You have the impression everything looks very poor, you just have to get used to that in Dar. It is located in the very center of the city. The neighborhood is poor, so it can impress you if you've never been to Dar before.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Spain

Really scary place for a westerner

Can you be specific on what scared you? The hotel is in existance for the last 15years, and enjoys a regular clientele. It would be worth noting your fears.

simple and basic hostel, suitable for backpackers who are not very demanding.

The hostel wasn't good for the price. It is definitively too expensive for the service provided! The breakfast wasn't so good. Moreover, the owners are really unpleasant. I don't recommend this hostel.

• 28th Dec 2012
  • Switzerland

A clean and basic hotel. Ok to get a nights sleep but nothing to write home about.

Stayed in Safari Inn for one night last December before my flight from Julius Nyerere Airport. You get what you pay for. The place is safe, rooms are with private bathroom and shower and the hotel provides mosquito net over your bed. The place doesn't have big "character" and I didn't meet other travellers on my only day there.

Basic facilities and rooms (do not expect anything beyond a bed, fan and bathroom), friendly staff, very good location and excellent value for money.

Friendly staff and great location. Hotel is located in a very safe area with a 24hrs security control at the entrance. Only minutes away by car from the ferry station and about 20 minutes away from airport.

Whilst the staff weren't rude they were not friendly. Breakfast was expensive and poor value. There was no mosquito net in the room.

Thank you for your feedback. Mosquitoe nets have already been intalled in all rooms.

This place is fine for a transit visit. I was there as a solo female and felt fine. Helpful security guys walked with me to the ATM as it was getting dark when I arrived! Basic but safe!

They were overbooked for the night, they moved us to Econolodge. They wouldn't refund our 10% deposit, claimed that we weren't familiar with how Hostelworld works, that HW takes the 10% (I have a gold acc btw). Also we had to pay higher rates at Econolodge. Maybe try reserving by phone, they haven't quite mastered the intetwebs!

View all Dar es Salaam Hotels