Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

Should reeducate all personnel working there No WiFi in the hostel Unbelievably weird Room allocating system Noisy bar. Drunk people a lot in the hostel Disturbing

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Japan

The woman who checked me in wasn't very helpful or professional - seemed more interested in her colleague than serving me.

very nice place, full of accommodations, cheap, well located, close to waterloo and london bridge, the place is clean and the breakfast is quite complete. I totally recommend it!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Spain

In terms of the cleanliness - the rooms, beds and bedding are spotless, but the bathrooms ought to be more thoroughly cleaned every day. Otherwise, no complaints at all - excellent staff, great location, good value for money. I was surprised that there is no wi-fi in the rooms (though it is available and is free in the lounge/bar area), but in the end that wasn't much of a problem.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

great place. Stayed here twice now, and have to say out of all the hostels I have stayed in (Quite a few) This one is quite simply a cut above the rest. Excellent facilities, fantastic location, very safe and secure as well.

Great sized room. Shower smell a little of sewage and could use a little ventilation but nothing extreme. The hostel has a great huge bar area/common area and a really good breakfast. Great laundry as well. Would be a bit better with a kitchen. Great comfy beds with awesome curtain for privacy plus own light and great storage under beds in cages. Would stay again.

Atmosphere, staff, security.. Everything was good, but if you want to use wifi, you have to go to lounge, you cant use wifi in the room. Even wifi is uncomfortable, i was satisfied:b

As a regular visitor to London, I usually stay in Hotels. First time trying this hostel as hotels were expensive. What can I say - I will definately stay here again. This place is way better than a lot of hotels I have stayed in. Very impressive hostel. I will definately be back here again. I was in a 4 bed room, with just 2 other people. Beds are extremely comfortable and have curtains around the bed for privacy. Shower and bathroom was extremely. Never got up for breakfast. Will be back

• 15th Jan 2015

Raccomanded.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Brilliant value for money and perfectly Located, however at first following google maps, I struggled to find the accommodation. As did a couple of other travellers. The Hostel is situated on the opposite side of the road and I believe also the wrong number. I phoned the hostel and they were more than happy to direct me. I had a lovely stay

• 9th Jan 2015

Fantastic place to stay, by far one of my favourite hostels, would have been nice to have a microwave on hand all day though.

My daughters and I stayed in Safestay. We had a private room with shower, It was excellent.It was clean and the staff was very friendly. Buses and tube nearby. We even had breakfast there. Mostly you dont get that in a hostel. I would recommend it to everybody.

• 8th Jan 2015

Very clean, nice and good located hostel! Will come back again!

Nice place

• 2nd Jan 2015

Good matrass. Nice bathrooms. Quite warm in the bedroom. Breakfast so-so.

I was there on January 1st, so my review may be colored by that, but I got a real impression of this place as a party hostel. Also, wifi is only available in the basement bar, which was very annoying. Very modern, clean, and safe.

• 1st Jan 2015

Roomies should have the common sense/intelligence/courtesy to leave the overhead light off when coming or going after midnight. And perhaps packing the bulk of their belongings prior to sleeping. The beds had privacy curtains, a great feature, but the harsh overhead lights were very disruptive at 4am and 6am! Sadly a poor nights rest was the result. There should be some verbal/written guidelines for entry/exit between 12am-6am And/or lower the wattage on the light bulbs.

Aussie couple: We enjoyed our stay. Staff are friendly and eager to help. Good basic breaky get in early. Tube is close. Will stay here again.

• 31st Dec 2014

Like all the london hostels, insanely overpriced on NYE. Wifi works only in the basement bar, not in the rooms. Staff took the remaining breakfast items at the exact end of breakfast and rudely refused to give any to several people who had been waiting in line for 5-10 min. Very nice decor. Curtains around the bunks for privacy and individual reading lights (more hostels should do this!).

Completely nice. Very and very kind staff. Nice breakfast and bar in a lower floor. Very good location for taking bus. It does not located very close to city centre, but there are lots of buses in front of hostel door. And each bed has a curtain for privacy. It was grateful

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7