Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

Loved it, this isnt like any other hostel! It may be at the end of the line, but once you step inside the front door. Its a whole new world inside.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The value for money is awesome! I recommend this place to everyone who needs a great stay with low budget. For all those who expect a English breakfast - you won't get it here.

• 21st Nov 2014

Good job noisy people but not the hostel fault everything was excellent

It is a very nice place! The rooms are clean and beautiful, the bar is great and all the people working on there are all cool. It is close than the underground and there are buses to the center of London right in front of the hostel. The only bad aspect was the shower. There is one room for the toilet and another one for the shower, what is good. But the shower is so small that we can not hang our clothes in there when taking a shower, otherwise they will get wet.

Great place, I like it a lot. It is all new, elegant and cool! It was a pleasure coming back in the evening. The only pity is you can use WiFi in your room.

• 8th Nov 2014

I think that having wifi also in the rooms would be a good idea. I would also suggest to add close to every bed a shelter to put small thigs one likes to have close while sleeping (mobile phones, earplugs and so on)

• Czech Republic

It was a bit of a walk with all my luggage, but when I found it, was very nice. Staff was very helpful, place was very clean, rooms were clean and fairly spacious, and the lift worked!! The wifi is only accessible from the lobby area, and is spotty at best, but then wifi anywhere I've been in London seems that way. I recommend the place for the price and facilities. More breakfast options than most I've been to. Would stay here again.

The staff member who checked me in mumbled instructions to me that were barely comprehensible. The bathrooms were very small and inconvenient - no place to put anything (except on the floor) and no soap. Also when you shower the entire room gets soaked so not particularly ideal. I didn't eat breakfast here as it only started from 7am and I needed to be gone by then for my daytrips. Even though my room was down the very end of a corridor it was quite loud as well (being a Friday night).

• New Zealand

Very very good except maybe not enough showers in the corridors and they are a bit small !

• 7th Nov 2014

Very clean and welcoming hostel. Bag lockers were amazing as were curtains around each bed for privacy.

• 5th Nov 2014

Great stay, I definitely recommend :) Fantastic and friendly staff who are happy to help any way they can (advice, directions, extending your stay etc). The hostel was always kept really clean- both inside the dorms and the common areas. I loved that each bed had a curtain and own nightlight. The location is good because there are so many options for bus or train to take you around London. The free breakfast is awesome! Croissants, apples, yoghurt, cereal, juice/ water and coffee.

Everything was great but just check if a school is going to be staying at the same time as this changes everything with regards to breakfast (There was no food left when I went down in the morning) and noise ! Plus our room's toilet and shower daily clean did not happen while the place was full of schoolkids (3 days) !

The hostel was nice, staff was friendly, only thing I'd criticise is how stuffy the room was - better ventilation, especially for rooms with ensuite, or air-conditioning would be class!

• 31st Oct 2014

For the price we pay it would be better to stay in Primier Inn.

Very good hostel. I think there's nothing like this in all London. The best I ever saw. Very very very recommended!

• 31st Oct 2014

Good hostel, located close to a lot of tourist attractions but not much else as it's in a fairly rough neighborhood (not that your very likely to get any trouble your self but you will see more crime) if you want to have nice place to wander around probably not for you. The hostel it's self makes up for this mostly, very clean, nice facility with shower in most dorms and friendly staff who will happily help you out with any questions.

• 29th Oct 2014

Very slow internet that only was my problem

I love how big the rooms are and the curtains around the beds. The bathrooms could be a bit cleaner.

The hostel has an excellent location, 5 min walk to the tube and 1 min walk to the nearest 24 hrs bus stop that takes you to the down town. We stayed in a 6 bedroom mixed dorm, it was excellent, clean, safe and spacious. Its located in a quiet and safe zone of London, we had a good night sleep. The breakfast included was good, it included cereal, milk, juice, tea, fruit, bread. I really recommend it, we had an excellent stay.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

I was really pleasantly surprised by this hostel. I was meeting my mum and brother for the weekend and there was no way I could afford £200 odd for a budget hotel. It cost £87 for the three of us to stay one night and it was perfect for what we needed. It was a little noisy outside at points (but what else can you really expect in London?) Staff were clear and helpful. Breakfast was also a nice extra!

• 25th Oct 2014