Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

Great hostel, more like a budget hotel. Clean, secure, 5 min walk from Elephant & Castle tube station. The area around it isn't amazing, but it wasn't a problem with transport being so close. Bring your own padlock (there are "cages" underneath the bunks for storage). Bring your own towel unless you want to spend money renting one. Nice breakfast, buffet style. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm with en-suite; it was quite roomy and very clean. Beds have curtains around for privacy + reading light.

Always stay at the Safestay when in London. More of a budget hotel than a hostel. Great neighbourhood with a bustling high street and 2mins from the Elephant and Castle with the markets and shopping centre. Buses to the West End, Brixton and Westminster stop outside the Hostel. Decent continental breakfast and very comfy beds. A tip: explore the roads behind the Hostel down to Kennington Park where there are really nice small parks and community gardens.

Brand new and super nice hostel. Very nice stay.

After arriving to the hostel, I got suprised in a positive way. The place is very clean, the staff is really nice and the beds are comfortable. The nearest underground station (Elefant & Castle) is about 5 minutes walk. I would definitely recommend it.

Was a nice place. Clean and comfortable. My ownly complaint would be the bright halogen lights in the ceiling lights of the hallways on the third floor!! Hot! Hot! Hot!

It's really close to a metro stop which makes it really easy to explore London. Breakfast is good but early (7-9) and there's only wifi downstairs in the bar/lounge area but it's newly furnished and looks really nice down there. There's plenty of space. The beds have curtains almost all the way around which is nice for blocking out light and for some privacy. It was pretty clean and overall I didn't have any complaints and enjoyed my stay. Would recommend.

It was a very nice stay for us and we will definitely book it again for a next london trip !

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

The curtains around each bed were a plus, as were the individual toilets and showers. Breakfast was included, which was nice, though not a lot of selection. WiFi was only available in the common room in the basement, and unfortunately there were many children running around and yelling, due to some student tour groups booked at the hostel. The room was quite warm at night during warmer weather.

Our stay at Safestay was great. The hostel is right on the bus line, so returning from late-night activities safely is a breeze. The staff varied from friendly and helpful to indifferent, depending on who was at the desk. The breakfast was plentiful, although we recommend getting there early if you don't want to share the dining room with dozens of noisy school children. Recommended for families and young travelers.

Amazing new hostel in a not so posh area of London. Good comfortable beds and included breakfast are okay. At night there was too much traffic noise from the street. Bar and garden a plus, but I feld a bit like a niveau-riche island inside a rough and poor neighbourhood.

I had a very pleasant stay! I love the fact that there are curtains around the beds, it really gives you some privacy in a dorm room. Nice, clean hostel just a short walk away from a tube station. The staff was super nice and helpful! I would definitely come back any time!

The Internet only being in the bar is annoying as is the fact you can't use internet between 12am-7am as the downstairs is shut.

We booked a private room as we had children in the group. We arrived early to leave luggage but the room was ready so we got in at 10am. Excellent start. Rooms are amazingly stylish, excellent facilities, comfortable beds, very clean and plenty of plug sockets. Hotel provides super communal areas for TV, internet, socialising, reading, bar area. Breakfast is inclusive. We found it to be plentiful and adequate. Tube 5 mins walk Tesco 5 mins walk McDonalds 5 mins walk We will 100% re

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Good value for money. I recommend it to anyone who looks for a cheap stay in London. The area isn't the best but it's close to all tourist places. Definitely enjoyed the stay there. The staff is excellent and the customer service is really good!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

The hostel was very very nice and clean . Staff are very friendly I would stay there again however no to share with anyone i didnt sleep well because one of the guy i share with keep turning the lights on and off and when he eventually went to bed he was above my bunk bed and he shake the bed all night and making funny sounds i was so upset never again. However its a lovely place and very very very clean.

Awesome hostel with easy access to the tube and all of London!

The best hostel in London. Clean, well located, great stuff, very friendly and helpful. I will come here again and will definetely recommend this place to my friends.

We liked to stay there, I would recommend it.

You should better advertise free wifi and free breakfast because they are attractive to customers.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

To me personally, the neighbourhood isn't really the nicest. However, the close proximity of the tube station (which offers very good connection with the touristic center of the city as well as the East End) and the hostel itself definitely make up for it. The hostel offers value for money. The rooms are spic-and-span and it's all quite luxurious. What really made the stay for me, was the atmosphere. Thanks to the great people I met and the incredibly friendly staff, I had a wonderful weekend.

• 18th Jul 2014