Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

We booked a private room as we had children in the group. We arrived early to leave luggage but the room was ready so we got in at 10am. Excellent start. Rooms are amazingly stylish, excellent facilities, comfortable beds, very clean and plenty of plug sockets. Hotel provides super communal areas for TV, internet, socialising, reading, bar area. Breakfast is inclusive. We found it to be plentiful and adequate. Tube 5 mins walk Tesco 5 mins walk McDonalds 5 mins walk We will 100% re

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel was very very nice and clean . Staff are very friendly I would stay there again however no to share with anyone i didnt sleep well because one of the guy i share with keep turning the lights on and off and when he eventually went to bed he was above my bunk bed and he shake the bed all night and making funny sounds i was so upset never again. However its a lovely place and very very very clean.

Awesome hostel with easy access to the tube and all of London!

The best hostel in London. Clean, well located, great stuff, very friendly and helpful. I will come here again and will definetely recommend this place to my friends.

We liked to stay there, I would recommend it.

To me personally, the neighbourhood isn't really the nicest. However, the close proximity of the tube station (which offers very good connection with the touristic center of the city as well as the East End) and the hostel itself definitely make up for it. The hostel offers value for money. The rooms are spic-and-span and it's all quite luxurious. What really made the stay for me, was the atmosphere. Thanks to the great people I met and the incredibly friendly staff, I had a wonderful weekend.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Superhot in the summers! Other than that - perfect! It is brand new so everything is really fresh and clean.

Useless staff

The rooms are HOT HOT HOT when the weather outside is warmer than usual. However. other than that - best hostel I have ever stayed at.

Definitely one of the nicest hostels we've stayed in while in Europe. The location was great.....very easy to find.

One of the most impressive hostels I've stayed in, feeling more like a hotel than a hostel. There were a few quirks that I imagine were in place to allow for them to offer budget accommodations with such nice facilities, such as the WiFi only working in the downstairs bar area, but nothing overly bothersome. Convenient location; not necessarily in the middle of things, but so close to the underground and bus station that nothing is very far away.

• 11th Jul 2014

Nice facilities, quick walk away from the tube. Curtains around bed allows privacy for those who want it. BUT. In the summertime it is FULL of school groups! Met very few people my age. So glad I only stayed here for one night.

Really nice hostel, very well kept. Curtains on the beds were great for privacy. Staff were predominantly really friendly and helpful and made the stay very enjoyable.

everything wwas good except the room 12 wich is too much warm (hard to sleep) and the noise level of the ventilation outside of the room.

Night staffs were terrible and refused to refund the adaptor with an excuse hardly understandable. Other than that everything was normal but the neighbourhood seemed dangerous.

Solid enough hostel, rooms quite small though. Not very social with the way everything revolves around the bar, but no complaints otherwise.

Mix of hostel and hotel, very luxurious but a bit soulless (as with any chain-like hostel). The staff at the bar was quice nice and that made up for it. Biggest downside: it has NO KITCHEN. It prob says in the description, but it's something that take for granted when you search for hostels so we didn't know. Great beds, little curtains and individual lights. Hot and a bit noisy (road). Spatious rooms.

The beds were very comfortable, and I liked the curtains around each bed. Having two mini-ensuits was a good idea, because it meant that even in a room of eight I rarely had to wait for a bathroom. Only real problem was that the rooms got extremely hot, and the windows couldn't be opened far enough to catch a breeze; even just a fan to move the air around would do the trick. Also I couldn't get the wi-fi to work, even in the common room. Overall I would happily stay here again.

Nice and modern. Bunks/bed good. Doors really really loud when closing. Weirdly huge bar but no kitchen facilities and you are not allowed to eat own food there. Not much going on in the area, but close to transport.

Throughout my stay most staff seemed to be very reluctant and unfriendly. Security is somewhat flawed as the hostel can be accessed freely during the day and the luggage room is unlocked. Hostel lacks any type of ventilation or air conditioning, rooms are stuffy and smelly. Hostel is favourite with school classes, so packed with kids. Breakfast is mostly limited to rubbery croissants. Room sized very but prices don't

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4