Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

This hostel is amazing! It is clean and quite comfortable. The interior is modern and comfortable with reasonably comfortable beds, and a fantastic bad/gathering/entertainment area. I walked into the city centre from here, so the location is great and it's reasonably close to an underground station. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone. I was even given a monopoly note worth a free drink at the bar as a welcoming present. A and highly recommended!!!

• 28th Mar 2015

Wow, what an awesome review to read! You are right, the hostel is really well located for a walk into the city centre so I am pleased that you got to benefit from that. The welcome drinks are a new addition to what we are offering so it is nice to get some positive feedback from it. We hope to see you at Safestay again in the future. Kind regards, Kelly.

Maybe the check out is a little early :) But it's our fault we came back from the ministry of sound ( which, by the way is really near of the hotel) at 7AM. Thanks a lot for all of this. If we come again in london we definitively stay in the same place. This was an amazing week-end

• 27th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I am pleased that you and your friends had such an amazing weekend in London - and that you chose to stay at Safestay. Your comments are really appreciated - we are lucky to be as close to Ministry of Sound as we are. Hopefully you come back and stay at Safestay again when you have another weekend away. Kind Regards, Kelly.

The staff was very friendly, especially David and Irvin! The place was great and everyone was helpful!

• 20th Mar 2015

This is a good place to get a good nights rest while travelling. Extremely clean rooms, cleaned daily. Big dorms, comfortable beds, friendly helpfully staff. Internet unfortunately does not work in the rooms or in the foyer. Good internet reception can only be found at the bar which closes at midnight. Overall an enjoyable stay.

Thank you for your positive feedback. We work really hard to maintain such high hostel standards so it is great to read that all that work is paying off. Hopefully you will come stay with us again in the future. Thank you, Kelly.

The breakfast could be better!

Thank you for your review. We have taken on board the comments from our customers and from the 1st June 2015 our continental breakfast will be improved greatly with a wider selection. However it will no longer be free and will have an additional cost of £4.00. We hope that you return to Safestay in the future. Thank you Kelly

It was a good deal, I found more then I expected and I'm really happy that I choosed thise hostel

Thank you for your review - we are also pleased that you chose Safestay for your accommodation. We hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Thank you, Kelly.

Best hostel I've ever been in. Worth every penny

Thank you so much! We love getting reviews like this. Kind Regards, Kelly.

Great place to stay cheap with a great staff specially the bar tender who's returning lost credit card even small or big item great lad I'll deffin return at safestay on my next visit to London 😄

Hello, Thank you for your review - it's great to get feedback like this! I will pass on your thanks to the bar tender and look forward to seeing you at Safestay again in the future. Kind Regards Kelly Reception Manager

Excellent, the only thing missing is a kitchen!

Fantastic hostel, all furnishings are really new and and really clean. Would 100% stay here again and recommend to anyone. Huge bar / lounge area was great.

Excellent place to stay, location and facilities wise, and the staff was super friendly and helpful. It feels more like a hotel than a hostel in all honesty. :)

I really enjoyed my stay at Safestay- probably the nicest and cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at. The Breakfast was also a huge plus! Thanks :P

Hello Thank you for your positive feedback - it's great to get reviews like this! Kind Regards Kelly

Great hostel! Good location, clean and nice. Breakfast could have a little more variety but for the price I didn't expect more. I really liked it and I will definitely recommend it!

• 21st Feb 2015

Excellent place. Only major problems were 1) very bad internet connection, majority of the time it barely worked and genuinely took minutes to load simple things like e-mails, even at quiet times when I was the only person in the bar. 2) lack of even basic facilities for making food, like a microwave, kettle, or even a sink which wasn't in a bathroom, made safestay feel like less good value for money, as was always having to eat out so much.

• 15th Feb 2015

The room and toilet were very clean and the staff was very friendly. The hostel is near the tube and the front of the hostel there is a bus stop also 24 h.

The breakfast period is a mess. The food and service can not meet a lot of customers. We have to wait 20 minutes in line to get food.

Hello Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you found the free breakfast, and organisation of it, unsatisfactory. We have taken on board the comments from our customers and from the 1st June 2015 our continental breakfast will be improved greatly with a wider selection. However it will no longer be free and will have an additional cost of £4.00. We hope that you return to Safestay in the future. Thank you Kelly

This hostel was a welcome break from the cheaper hostels I'd been staying at. The free breakfast was good with croissants and yoghurt. The bunks had curtains, which I really liked. The one minor complaint I do have is that it was hard to keep your stuff dry in the shower cubicle. It wasnt too bad compared to some of the other places I've stayed.

Should reeducate all personnel working there No WiFi in the hostel Unbelievably weird Room allocating system Noisy bar. Drunk people a lot in the hostel Disturbing

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Japan

The woman who checked me in wasn't very helpful or professional - seemed more interested in her colleague than serving me.

very nice place, full of accommodations, cheap, well located, close to waterloo and london bridge, the place is clean and the breakfast is quite complete. I totally recommend it!

• 21st Jan 2015