Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

Safe & clean hostel at affordable price. Staff at reception, namely Fabiana, Gloria, Maria, Laura, and Emilio, are helpful and friendly. They will help with info on transport & places of interest. Free continental breakfast & wifi provided are good. Location is excellent with Elephant & Castle tube stn nearby and buses at the doorstep. Various food outlets nearby providing affordable & yummy meals. Will stay here again and recommend it to friends visiting London.

Very modern hostel. My room was great and the bathrooms kept clean. The only thing was the fact that there was no microwave available outside of breakfast time.

This hostel was super clean and the rooms were great, it is a bit far from certain things but does offer free breakfast (croissants), would definitely stay there again!

After staying in several hostels in London, I can conclude that this is a really nice one!! Very pretty decorated and they even had a christmas tree. The location is ok, not the nicest area of London, but has a good connection to the center of London. Would recommend this hostel!

This was my first hostel experience and I didn't expect it to be so wonderful. Amazing stay. It was over New Years and even though the place was busy and packed down with people, the staff did a great job accommodating everyone. The pub crawls nightly were great. Gave us a chance to meet people at the hostel, as well as see the local hot spots for clubs. Plus it was cheap. The staff was willing to help and had knowledge of the area, bus routes, and local attractions. I'll stay here again!!

• 29th Dec 2013

We booked a private room for 4 of us, and we expected that we were in the same room. But when i checked in, the staff told me that there is no room for the 4 of us together, and we had to separate into two rooms. I have no choice but to accept this. If you don't have a private room for the 4 of us, then why do we have to book together? If I am coming alone, and i paid for 4 beds, will u still separate all my beds into different rooms??

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Nice big bunks!

Great hostel, nice rooms, nice showers, highly recomended

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Atmosphere's good, staff are friendly, hostel is clean and well looked after. Some fruit at the breakfast table wouldn't be a bad idea, though.

this is nice and contemporary hostel. it is spotlessly clean, rooms are spacious, beds comfy with curtains and light. location is a bit doggy, but close to tube station and buses. shame wifi doesn't work outside of bar area, which closes at 12am. it would be nice to have either wifi working in all of the building or some small lounge space open after 12am. i have looked recently at hostel prices and they have increased since my stay significantly-£27 for a night in a dorm seems steep

I was very surprised when I arrived, the decor was more befitting of a 4 start hotel - and a far cry from some of the other hostels you will find. The reception was very welcoming and the decor very modern. The room was fine, the shower and toiler were en suite and in separate rooms, they had also been recently refitted. There was a locker under each bed which could have been better. There was no plug socket on the upper bunks however. The breakfast was cereals, yogurts and very good coffee!

Estaba limpio, era seguro la unica pega es que no tenia armarios para dejar las cosas. Tenias que dejar las cosas siempre en la maleta o en el suelo. It was clean, it was safe the only bad thing is that I did not have lockers to leave my things. You had always to put things in the bag or on the floor.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Absolutely great facilities! Everything was clean and new! Totally recommend it

Staffs are not too friendly but everything in general is good. Acceptable.

Perfectly clean rooms, huge lockers, quiet beds. The laundry facility very good and the bar as well. Definitely the best hostel I've ever been. I stayed for 10 days and if I need a place in London again I will stay here again.

I really enjoyed every part of the hotel, especially the free breakfast! :)

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Wow, this hostel was excellent, we originally booked for one night and extended to six. It really was luxury in the scheme of hostels! Great rooms, and nice clean ensuit bathrooms in each dorm. The downstairs common area was great, and the staff were all very helpful. If there were any bones to pick, it would be that we had a school group in the dorms next to us, that we're slightly annoying but no big deal! Enjoy!

Highly recommended. Pros: secure, clean, luggage cloak room, free breakfasts and good staff Cons: no free WiFi, bit costly

My second time staying here, really can't fault it. Close to Public transport, great facilities, clean, friendly place, love it. This will be my first choice next time i'm in London.

Some of the staff weren't friendly at all.