Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

It would be great if you could access wifi throughout entire building

No Wifi in the room and showers are a bit narrow. Overall it was a nice stay at this hostel since it is located not too far from the tube station and the facilities were in a good condition.

Just a little bit far to tub station, everything was good. Especially on the cleaniness...

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

the hostel was fine, but there were 4 things that were not: - we booked a room for 3, one of the beds was a double. which was ok because i was with my sister but i wouldn't want to share my bed with anyone - there were towels even though it said we had to take our owns. luggage for nothing! -the girl at the check-in told us there would be an iphone charger we could borrow in the evening. that wasn't true -the breakfast can't be called a breakfast. you'll need to go out and have breakfast in town

Great structure and facilities

Lovely hostel, everything new and neat and clean, nice people, great facilities, nice decor, almost like a hotel. Not in the best of areas though.

The temporary language storage room was not locked. I understand that most other hostels do the same. I however hope they would take more care to this issue.

Nice and clean, simple and good breakfast. The rooms can be a bit hot in summer and the road can be noisy.

If I go back to London I will deffinetly stay again at Safestay Elephant & Castle, it seem like other comments say more a hotel than a hostel, everything is new and clean, the breakfast is good can't complain about anything. I walked to the Big Ben and London Eye it isn't that far.

I found this hostel last minute when other accommodation arrangements fell through. Despite being a hostel, Safestay has more of a hotel feel to it. If you need a comfortable, quiet bed for a night or two, it's ideal. However, if you're looking for a more typical hostel experience, there are definitely other places in London with more character. The location is quite good (close to useful metro lines). Finding a good hostel in London is though, and Safestay isn't bad.

This hostel has a luxury hotel like style, is very clean, all well signaled, the staff is helpful. The facilities, the hostel looks like totally renovated with good no cheap style, and the bed are really comfortable. Totally recomended .

This is one of the best hostels in all of Europe. Very clean, modern, and fun. Stayed here twice a month apart because it was so great. The breakfast is great and the bar is large and fun. The beds are very comfortable and have a private curtain which can be very nice. The bathrooms are clean and modern. Close to an underground station and only a few minutes from city center. Buses run all night right to its front door to Piccadilly circus and Trafalgar square.

Great place, awesome staff, clean and tidy. Downside: wifi only works in the bar and there were a massive group of school kids staying one night. Which meant they were running up and down corridors yelling and screaming until past midnight. But overall was a nice place to stay in London

The only thing that I didn't like was the WiFi that was weak and accessible only at the bar, not on the rooms. Staff was great and it's close to a subway station, so you're close to pretty much everything

Great place and better staff! Really helpful

Very clean. Staff was great. Awesome bar/breakfast area. Short walk from the train. Super safe/secure. My only complaint is that they checked someone in around midnight and they came crashing in with their bags and turned on the lights to unpack and get settled. Other than that it was great. I would stay there again.

Overall, nice hostel. The breakfast is simple but good. The huge lockers under the bed were a big plus (you can fit your whole luggage there). It is more a hotel than a hostel actually, a lot of groups and families there, but it did not bother me. As for location, 5 min walk to elephant and castle tube station, 20 min walk to the London eye and Waterloo tubr/train station, 25 min walk to the parliament/big ben and 50 min walk to the Buckingham palace. Bus station right across the street.

I can name 23 hostels that I've stayed in and this is in my top two of all time. Very clean, almost enough hooks in the showers (something I find rare in hostel shower rooms). Having internet access only in the downstairs bar and lounge areas is not always a bad thing. Staying for more than a week even just to change the fruit from an apple every day would be appreciated. This was a great stay, a great hostel and I'd recommend it to others.

Very nice and clean hostel. Missed having access to a kitchen though.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Loved staying here. It felt like a hotel. The rooms were very new and modern. The only sad part is that you can only get wifi in the downstairs lounge area, the lounge area is very large and comfortable however. Very clean. I like the fact that the beds have curtains and you can have privacy. It is a very short walk from the subway and close to attractions.