Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

Amazing new hostel in a not so posh area of London. Good comfortable beds and included breakfast are okay. At night there was too much traffic noise from the street. Bar and garden a plus, but I feld a bit like a niveau-riche island inside a rough and poor neighbourhood.

I had a very pleasant stay! I love the fact that there are curtains around the beds, it really gives you some privacy in a dorm room. Nice, clean hostel just a short walk away from a tube station. The staff was super nice and helpful! I would definitely come back any time!

The Internet only being in the bar is annoying as is the fact you can't use internet between 12am-7am as the downstairs is shut.

We booked a private room as we had children in the group. We arrived early to leave luggage but the room was ready so we got in at 10am. Excellent start. Rooms are amazingly stylish, excellent facilities, comfortable beds, very clean and plenty of plug sockets. Hotel provides super communal areas for TV, internet, socialising, reading, bar area. Breakfast is inclusive. We found it to be plentiful and adequate. Tube 5 mins walk Tesco 5 mins walk McDonalds 5 mins walk We will 100% re

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Good value for money. I recommend it to anyone who looks for a cheap stay in London. The area isn't the best but it's close to all tourist places. Definitely enjoyed the stay there. The staff is excellent and the customer service is really good!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

The hostel was very very nice and clean . Staff are very friendly I would stay there again however no to share with anyone i didnt sleep well because one of the guy i share with keep turning the lights on and off and when he eventually went to bed he was above my bunk bed and he shake the bed all night and making funny sounds i was so upset never again. However its a lovely place and very very very clean.

Awesome hostel with easy access to the tube and all of London!

The best hostel in London. Clean, well located, great stuff, very friendly and helpful. I will come here again and will definetely recommend this place to my friends.

We liked to stay there, I would recommend it.

You should better advertise free wifi and free breakfast because they are attractive to customers.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

To me personally, the neighbourhood isn't really the nicest. However, the close proximity of the tube station (which offers very good connection with the touristic center of the city as well as the East End) and the hostel itself definitely make up for it. The hostel offers value for money. The rooms are spic-and-span and it's all quite luxurious. What really made the stay for me, was the atmosphere. Thanks to the great people I met and the incredibly friendly staff, I had a wonderful weekend.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

This was the best hostel I've stayed at (so far). The rooms were clean, there was plenty of space, the beds had curtains for privacy, breakfast was provided in the lounge downstairs every morning, Wi-Fi was provided in the lounge. Honestly, no other hostel that I've been at afterwards has compared. Some of my best memories of London are because of the people I met at Safestay.

• 17th Jul 2014

Superhot in the summers! Other than that - perfect! It is brand new so everything is really fresh and clean.

I recommend booking non-ensuite dormitories as the ensuite showers are ... not particularly well-designed and track water all over the place. Staff was dishonest when I requested a bottom bunk; telling me all the bottom bunks were already being used. Didn't appreciate that at all. In other situations staff were always very friendly however.

Useless staff

The rooms are HOT HOT HOT when the weather outside is warmer than usual. However. other than that - best hostel I have ever stayed at.

Definitely one of the nicest hostels we've stayed in while in Europe. The location was great.....very easy to find.

One of the most impressive hostels I've stayed in, feeling more like a hotel than a hostel. There were a few quirks that I imagine were in place to allow for them to offer budget accommodations with such nice facilities, such as the WiFi only working in the downstairs bar area, but nothing overly bothersome. Convenient location; not necessarily in the middle of things, but so close to the underground and bus station that nothing is very far away.

• 11th Jul 2014

Generally good- the staff is mostly international and quite friendly. The rooms and toilets are always clean, and the free breakfast is good enough. Location isn't the best, a bit far away from the main attractions, pubs and clubs, however the underground is a 5 minute walk away and there's a bus stop right outside the hostel There is on comunal kitchen which is a shame- usually cooking and sharing food is a great way to meet fellow travelers. Nevertheless, the bar area is stylish.

Nice facilities, quick walk away from the tube. Curtains around bed allows privacy for those who want it. BUT. In the summertime it is FULL of school groups! Met very few people my age. So glad I only stayed here for one night.