Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

There were not enough bathrooms (especially considering that to even use the sink you have to use a bathroom). Even in the middle of the night it was hard to find one free. They also were often out of toilet paper and were completely disgusting. The wifi was very slow and only worked in the lounge. In some beds, there is not enough space for the lockers to be pulled out and opened. This means that you have to pull both lockers all the way out through the foot of the bed to open the second one.

This hostel is simple but has everything you need. Close to Subway and next to the most briliant pub of London the Tankard. WiFi only available in restaurant.

It's a beautiful place

When we arrive to the room (for 6 people, with bathroom) was impossible to use the shower (smelled to pee!). And the breakfast was awful. I had to buy outside something to drink and eat. Horrible experience, I won't get back there.

Clean the washrooms! Extremely dirty!

• 26th Dec 2014

Very nice and clean! Highly recommended! Well located, bathroom very conveniant. Breakfast lacks of stuff, only negative point!

• 26th Dec 2014

Having stayed in many hostels around the world, I must say that this one is absolutely superb. It served my purpose very well and I made some new friends also. One slight downside was the knock on the door at 10.04am reminding me that I needed to check out 4 minutes earlier that I was very aware of and was just in the process of doing so. My fault admittedly, but a few minutes grace would not have gone amiss. Many Thanks, great service Clive

• 24th Dec 2014

Wifi is only working in the lounge. Wifi should work in each floor and room wifi strength is too weak for so many people

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

This is a great hostel to stay in London. Very near to tube and bus stops. Rooms and toilets are very clean. We stayed in 4 beds ensuite dorm. Close attractions nearby are London eye, Big Ben and London Bridge.

Exactly what I want / need from a hostel. Elephant and Castle is a great location, the hostel is clean and modern and the price is smashing.

We had a great stay at Safestay. There are bus stops just outside that can get you to downtown in ~20 minutes, and the Tube station is a short walk away. The rooms were very clean. The beds have curtains for privacy. We were on the first floor just above the bar and we could use the Wi-Fi just fine in our room. We had no issues with noise from the bar or our fellow roommates. Breakfast is continental- with cereal and cereal. Overall a very good stay, especially for our first hostel experience.

The locker is a cage under The bed so you have to put this cage in the middle of the room to access it. its annoying for The other guests. There is wifi only in the lower floor bar. In general, its a very good hostel near a subway station, with the problems above. A good value for what you get.

• 18th Dec 2014

Still the best in London

Nice hostel. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

• 14th Dec 2014

The hostel was fine, however we found a very unpleasant blond girl at the reception, who made us pay for the bed of a friend that couldn´t come because was ill. We were ok with paying the first night, but we got really angry when she told us we had to pay the second one in bad manners. We won´t come back again because of her

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Spain

I found the hostel to be unduly hot and would have liked the ability to fill a water bottle The lighting in all areas was dim and this made it hard to read a paper or book, it also contributed to the generation of heat, especially in the lobby, conversely the basement lounge was often times Staff were genuinely friendly and the overall mood was quite good, very cosmopolitan The bunk beds had terrible metal ladders that really assault your bare feet, these could be padded.

• 9th Dec 2014

Good location, near the tube station. The wifi connection didn't really work, so it's better to pay a pound for the good connection right away if you need the internet. Comfy beds and you can have your privacy with the curtains aournd the bed. Breakfast was ok, croissants, apples and corn flakes.

Plus: very friendly staff, multilingual and welcoming, asked everyone about their origins and greeted everyone in their language, quick service and clear instructions, free maps of the city. Good beds, quite wide with curtains and bright lamp inside. Minus: kind a long walk from the city centre; no mirror in the shower; wi-fi only in the basement bar area, not even on reception; very poor breakfast which is included in the price, I'd prefer it to be optional; locks for extra fee.

THE best hostel experience so far! This is what hostels should aspire to be.

I have been in lot of hostels, Rio, Miami and NYC, Frankfurt, Paris, but I never been in a hostel like this one, no doubt this is the hostel ever !