Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

I can name 23 hostels that I've stayed in and this is in my top two of all time. Very clean, almost enough hooks in the showers (something I find rare in hostel shower rooms). Having internet access only in the downstairs bar and lounge areas is not always a bad thing. Staying for more than a week even just to change the fruit from an apple every day would be appreciated. This was a great stay, a great hostel and I'd recommend it to others.

Very nice and clean hostel. Missed having access to a kitchen though.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Loved staying here. It felt like a hotel. The rooms were very new and modern. The only sad part is that you can only get wifi in the downstairs lounge area, the lounge area is very large and comfortable however. Very clean. I like the fact that the beds have curtains and you can have privacy. It is a very short walk from the subway and close to attractions.

Remarkable place! Fantastic staffs, bedrooms and bathrooms very clear and the furniture and the style are magnificent! A special thanks to the Italian guys Fabiaba and Aniello!

Safestay is more like a hotel then a hostel. Rooms where very clean, beds where very good, but the amount of toilets and showers was 2:18. Breakfast was good, but only serves until 9. Location is good, neigherhood isn't touristic, close to subway station and quit safe.

Our 2 night stay was very comfortable, there were 5 of us satying in a 6 bed doorm... it was spacious and clean. The staff where always happy to help, sometimes we forgot it was a hostel as it has more of a hotel feel too it.

• 11th Apr 2014

Most of your stuff is really great. Very helpfull and nice, always smiling. But sadly some are not. If I'm telling my situation to one stuff and he/she fixes it. Fine. But if this person made a mistake in the computer or what ever, it is not the guests fault. So pls. don't behave as the guest is stupid. That clearly puts a bad touch to my visit.

They ripped us off by forcing us to leave the hostle at 2am because they couldn't stop blaming us that our group have been smoking pot inside the room. They gave us a warning the first time we smoked and never smoked inside there again after the. But they ended up kicking us out just to make money out of it cuz it's 2am and there's no other place to go. Poor security service, they don't even know when an alarm has came on or off, they insisted it when on when it didn't

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Bahrain

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in - and I've stayed in a lot!

It was ridiculous to not have a proper front door for checking-in guests to get into the hotel.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel itself was great - very clean, nice accommodations and definitely worth the money. Only downside was the location as there really wasn't much to do around it. Have to walk 25+ minutes to get anywhere you might actually want to be, but it's a >10minute walk to the nearest underground station making it easy to travel the city - just have to pay for it.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is an excellent budget hostel. I particularly appreciate the clean environment throughout the whole place. They also offer satisfactory continental breakfast. It's not really in the city centre but it is easily accessible by the tube and buses. Will definitely recommend to others.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »