Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

Breakfast is basically croissants and two kinds of cereals. No kitchen facilities, but big lounge area with wi-fi.

The Italian receptionist was great, really really friendly and she does a great job Grazi Tanto!! Everything very clean and new, however it is a large hostel 400 beds - think Travel lodge with dorms rather than a backpackers, so not the most open atmosphere and there is no kitchen. No wifi in bedrooms and vertially impossible to connect to in common areas. I only needed somewhere to sleep for the night close to work so these things didn't bother me as much and it was quite cheap.

A very cozy place to stay! Clean, comfy, stylish, definetly worth the money! Didn`t spend too much time there- got back sometime around midnight and left early in the morning- but all in all it was ok. Don`t forget to bring your slipers for the bath. I stayed in 8-people room and on ething that was off- one night there was a smell of dirty socks from one of our roommates. And another night one of them was snooring really loudly...but that`s not for hostel to blame, so it`s cool!

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Latvia

Very good hostel. Excellent facilities.

Nice hotel, (full of french people). 2 toilets and 1 shower for three rooms. A stage with karaoke ! And loads of causy chairs, a bar with quite cheap sellings (for drinking and eating ! ). Good and clean rooms, with curtains to every bed which preserve intimacy ! All in all, I like my trip thanks to this staying :)

• 26th Oct 2013

Looks like a hotel! Very nice decor. Big lounge/dining area. Rooms were spacious and clean. Located very close to a tube station where you have very easy & quick access to central London!

Excellent, superbly clean, friendly helpful staff. Breakfast was a bonus. Ideal for our short stay in london

• 26th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 41+

Easy to access hostel from tube station, easy to access London city from hostel via tube. Not really a backpacker hostel as I was expecting, especially due to age restricitions. Many families and groups of children / teenagers running through halls and blocking up walk ways and bar downstairs. Limited access to wifi. Rooms are good although I personally dislike foam mattresses. Clean but quite stale and more like a hotel.

It's really like a hotel. Location is good with bus 12 easy access to the tourist city centre. A lot of resturants available nearby. Walking distance to tube station. Super clean. I lived in the 8 bed room. The toilet and shower rooms are separated, though a bit small. It might be hard to find it for the first time. I was cheated by my GPS. One of my travel lock was damaged in the room. I am not sure how it happened - I didn't lose anything. I will stay there next time

The Safestay at Elephant & Castle was an excellent base for our short visit to London with two young nieces. Being only 5 minutes walk from the tube it was good for getting into the city. The building was furnished and decorated to a very good standard and was very clean. The hostel staff were pleasant and helpful and, although the place was attracts a lot of young adults, it was also perfectly suitable for young children. The on site bar and continently breakfast were very much appreciated.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I was very pleasantly surprised, it was my first stay at a hostel and I was pretty blown away by how great it was. Can't wait to go back to London, wil definitely stay with you guys again!!

• 24th Oct 2013

More of a hotel then a hostel. Lots of school kids running around and no atmosphere at the bar. Good hostel if you old or have kids

We didn't stay in this hostel, because they didn't accept us with our children. So we've lost the amount of the booking, because there is no refund. So bad

• 22nd Oct 2013

It was just a little too noisy : traffic and people in other bedrooms. i would like to have an authentic English breakfast, please keep your good traditions, it's your culture!

• 20th Oct 2013

One of the most beatiful hostel where i have been!

• 18th Oct 2013

Overall excellent value for the money; a short walk from the tube, and very clean. The large lounge area with free wifi is fantastic. I think the only place that could use a little improvement is: - handsoap dispensers in all restrooms (some of the smaller ones don't have any) - and a shelf in the showers that's up and away from the shower spray, so you can have a dry place to put down items

• 18th Oct 2013

We had an overall nice stay, and I would recommend this place. However the staff might need some service skills lessons. Upon arrival prior to check in "the employee of the month" told us that due tobig group checking out they had no place to put our small (carry on luggage bag). Instead she proposed that we would either wait for 2 hours at the hostel or walk around the city with the bag. Also the double bed comes with one big blanket, and there were apperently no possibility to get an extra:(

1 2 3 4 Next » last »