Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

This is one of the best hostels in all of Europe. Very clean, modern, and fun. Stayed here twice a month apart because it was so great. The breakfast is great and the bar is large and fun. The beds are very comfortable and have a private curtain which can be very nice. The bathrooms are clean and modern. Close to an underground station and only a few minutes from city center. Buses run all night right to its front door to Piccadilly circus and Trafalgar square.

Great place, awesome staff, clean and tidy. Downside: wifi only works in the bar and there were a massive group of school kids staying one night. Which meant they were running up and down corridors yelling and screaming until past midnight. But overall was a nice place to stay in London

The only thing that I didn't like was the WiFi that was weak and accessible only at the bar, not on the rooms. Staff was great and it's close to a subway station, so you're close to pretty much everything

Great place and better staff! Really helpful

Very clean. Staff was great. Awesome bar/breakfast area. Short walk from the train. Super safe/secure. My only complaint is that they checked someone in around midnight and they came crashing in with their bags and turned on the lights to unpack and get settled. Other than that it was great. I would stay there again.

Overall, nice hostel. The breakfast is simple but good. The huge lockers under the bed were a big plus (you can fit your whole luggage there). It is more a hotel than a hostel actually, a lot of groups and families there, but it did not bother me. As for location, 5 min walk to elephant and castle tube station, 20 min walk to the London eye and Waterloo tubr/train station, 25 min walk to the parliament/big ben and 50 min walk to the Buckingham palace. Bus station right across the street.

I can name 23 hostels that I've stayed in and this is in my top two of all time. Very clean, almost enough hooks in the showers (something I find rare in hostel shower rooms). Having internet access only in the downstairs bar and lounge areas is not always a bad thing. Staying for more than a week even just to change the fruit from an apple every day would be appreciated. This was a great stay, a great hostel and I'd recommend it to others.

Very nice and clean hostel. Missed having access to a kitchen though.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Loved staying here. It felt like a hotel. The rooms were very new and modern. The only sad part is that you can only get wifi in the downstairs lounge area, the lounge area is very large and comfortable however. Very clean. I like the fact that the beds have curtains and you can have privacy. It is a very short walk from the subway and close to attractions.

Remarkable place! Fantastic staffs, bedrooms and bathrooms very clear and the furniture and the style are magnificent! A special thanks to the Italian guys Fabiaba and Aniello!

Safestay is more like a hotel then a hostel. Rooms where very clean, beds where very good, but the amount of toilets and showers was 2:18. Breakfast was good, but only serves until 9. Location is good, neigherhood isn't touristic, close to subway station and quit safe.

Our 2 night stay was very comfortable, there were 5 of us satying in a 6 bed doorm... it was spacious and clean. The staff where always happy to help, sometimes we forgot it was a hostel as it has more of a hotel feel too it.

• 11th Apr 2014

Most of your stuff is really great. Very helpfull and nice, always smiling. But sadly some are not. If I'm telling my situation to one stuff and he/she fixes it. Fine. But if this person made a mistake in the computer or what ever, it is not the guests fault. So pls. don't behave as the guest is stupid. That clearly puts a bad touch to my visit.

They ripped us off by forcing us to leave the hostle at 2am because they couldn't stop blaming us that our group have been smoking pot inside the room. They gave us a warning the first time we smoked and never smoked inside there again after the. But they ended up kicking us out just to make money out of it cuz it's 2am and there's no other place to go. Poor security service, they don't even know when an alarm has came on or off, they insisted it when on when it didn't

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Bahrain

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in - and I've stayed in a lot!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »