Safestay (Elephant and Castle) Limited Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

Mix of hostel and hotel, very luxurious but a bit soulless (as with any chain-like hostel). The staff at the bar was quice nice and that made up for it. Biggest downside: it has NO KITCHEN. It prob says in the description, but it's something that take for granted when you search for hostels so we didn't know. Great beds, little curtains and individual lights. Hot and a bit noisy (road). Spatious rooms.

The beds were very comfortable, and I liked the curtains around each bed. Having two mini-ensuits was a good idea, because it meant that even in a room of eight I rarely had to wait for a bathroom. Only real problem was that the rooms got extremely hot, and the windows couldn't be opened far enough to catch a breeze; even just a fan to move the air around would do the trick. Also I couldn't get the wi-fi to work, even in the common room. Overall I would happily stay here again.

Nice and modern. Bunks/bed good. Doors really really loud when closing. Weirdly huge bar but no kitchen facilities and you are not allowed to eat own food there. Not much going on in the area, but close to transport.

Throughout my stay most staff seemed to be very reluctant and unfriendly. Security is somewhat flawed as the hostel can be accessed freely during the day and the luggage room is unlocked. Hostel lacks any type of ventilation or air conditioning, rooms are stuffy and smelly. Hostel is favourite with school classes, so packed with kids. Breakfast is mostly limited to rubbery croissants. Room sized very but prices don't

Great staff, super clean hostel - thanks!

A great hostel with friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere. My stay there was short but the staff were very helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The wifi can be a little flaky when a lot of people are trying to get online at once. Otherwise brilliant!

A bit far out but very clean and very helpfull staff.

Only problem was that our room (221) was extremely hot and our group did not sleep at all well because of the heat! This was passed onto the reception who apologised and said they would pass onto the management. Overall the room was great, the beds were very comfortable and the location was within walking distance of the tube station.

• 7th Jun 2014

it needs condition air in rooms

• 7th Jun 2014

It would be great if you could access wifi throughout entire building

No Wifi in the room and showers are a bit narrow. Overall it was a nice stay at this hostel since it is located not too far from the tube station and the facilities were in a good condition.

Just a little bit far to tub station, everything was good. Especially on the cleaniness...

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

the hostel was fine, but there were 4 things that were not: - we booked a room for 3, one of the beds was a double. which was ok because i was with my sister but i wouldn't want to share my bed with anyone - there were towels even though it said we had to take our owns. luggage for nothing! -the girl at the check-in told us there would be an iphone charger we could borrow in the evening. that wasn't true -the breakfast can't be called a breakfast. you'll need to go out and have breakfast in town

Great structure and facilities

Lovely hostel, everything new and neat and clean, nice people, great facilities, nice decor, almost like a hotel. Not in the best of areas though.

The temporary language storage room was not locked. I understand that most other hostels do the same. I however hope they would take more care to this issue.

Nice and clean, simple and good breakfast. The rooms can be a bit hot in summer and the road can be noisy.

If I go back to London I will deffinetly stay again at Safestay Elephant & Castle, it seem like other comments say more a hotel than a hostel, everything is new and clean, the breakfast is good can't complain about anything. I walked to the Big Ben and London Eye it isn't that far.

I found this hostel last minute when other accommodation arrangements fell through. Despite being a hostel, Safestay has more of a hotel feel to it. If you need a comfortable, quiet bed for a night or two, it's ideal. However, if you're looking for a more typical hostel experience, there are definitely other places in London with more character. The location is quite good (close to useful metro lines). Finding a good hostel in London is though, and Safestay isn't bad.

This hostel has a luxury hotel like style, is very clean, all well signaled, the staff is helpful. The facilities, the hostel looks like totally renovated with good no cheap style, and the bed are really comfortable. Totally recomended .