Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

1941 Total Reviews

I came to the Safestay with a check in time of 11am, but officially you can check in only at 2 pm because they were cleaning the rooms. On the upside they had a luggage room where I could leave my bags while I went to explore the city. However, upon my arrival to the room it was apparent that a stranger actually had been given access to my room accidentally and smoked and drank before my arrival. I complained and they apologized saying that the only thing they could do is reset the keycards.

• 5th Feb 2016

Very good value for money.Very clean.Very friendly staff.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Poland

We have been in room 012, private room for 3. Quiet , coffee table, good value for a hostel.

• 25th Jan 2016

I love staying here, it is simply the best hostel I have ever stayed in. All good news.

So thrilled with this hostel. Brilliant value for the price. I paid 15 quid a night for a 4-bed dorm - plenty of space, shower and bathroom included, very strong Wifi good facilities. Such a good location, one bus to Oxford Circus, or a 3 minute walk to the station Elephant and Castle which is on two main tube lines. Friendly staff and clean hostel.

It would be helpful if the staff were better english speakers. Poor about giving directions. Clearly needed to be way more people on staff to help guests. Not enough staff and they were clearly rushed and then made many mistakes and were ineffective. Someone advised me to go the wrong way on the bus; I wasted an hour getting lost on the bus. Facilities in the room were too meager. Bathrooms needed better up keep. One toilet was leaking. Elevator key didn't work I had to use stairs the whole time

At my arrival, they had problems with a booking, so myself and others had to wait for half an hour. They offered us drinks while we were waiting, a nice gesture. The area is uninteresting but there are lots of buses passing in front and a tube station 5 min away. The beds have individual curtains, which is nice, but the bunk beds are highly sensitive, when on top you can feel any movement from the person below.

You wouldn't have thought that this was a hostel! Was like staying at a very fine hotel! Very much enjoyed my stay over and think it won't be the last time I will be returning! Shall bring my family along for a stay herd. Beginning tobe my new base when staying over in London

The hostel's facilities and cleanliness were good, but i was quite disappointed on my last day. I booked a all female bed dorm (6 beds) for the whole stay, but on the last day we got a guy in there. We were two girls in the night and a drunken, smelly (i swear, he smelled so disgusting!) and snoring man entered the room. He distracted both of us from sleeping and i felt bad for the other girl when i had to leave in the early morning. It is called safestay, but i did not feel safe.. :/

Was very clean, neat, and thought it had good security. I stayed three nights, and on two of those nights, there were drunk people running up and down the hall outside my room, yelling. I think there were several groups staying there when I did, and these groups tended to be loud. The area the hostel was in didn't feel like the safest, but I didn't have any issues, just felt "on-guard" when walking around, especially at night.

A great place for the business person and fun traveller to stay. Safe, cheap and brilliant building. This is the best hostel ever, especially for the price. NOT a party venue. Thank the lord. Quiet, big, lovely décor, huge leisure areas. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Loads of bus stops nearby, a tube station, shopping mall and plenty of eateries.

Could not recommend this hostel more highly. Welcomed by polite and friendly reception staff, rooms are very well set up with curtained beds offering privacy with each having its own bed light. Shower in room was best I have found in any hostel, always hot. Breakfast was great value and in plenty of supply. All staff members whether reception, kitchen, bar or cleaners were friendly and polite always acknowledging your presence with a friendly hello.

Nice place but don't be a minute late for the breakfast

The shower's water pressure was not that great. Everything else was pretty good.

It was great, I will definitely be back!

• 15th Jan 2016

The hostel is quite clean and perfect location... i would definitely recommend to anyone wishing to visit London it is very safe and the security is pretty impressive the breakfast is quite nice. Only disappointment i had was a staff waking me up at night and therefore also waking up other guest to tell me i was on the wrong bed.. a discussion that could have easily wait till next morning since the room was not exactly fully booked. Apart from that it was a pleasant stay and good value for money

Overall I can give a good review to this hostel however there are still areas that they can improve such as: better breakfast ( because the bread that they had seems to be old to me) Having more toilet tissues Having lockers

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Iran

Really strategic location, close to tube station and bus stops. Food and minimarkets all around. Spacious and clean dorm room, new furnitures, inside toilet & shower room.

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Indonesia

The internet in the rooms is god-awful!!! It works irregularly if it works at all in the rooms.

The only staff who really kind is the Italian guy. The short man with glass, black curly hair and the girl with black hair are unpleasant person. Their faces are sour. The rest staffs are average. The facility is basic. The hotel have so many doors in short distance, hard to bring luggages. The elevators are making horrible sound, and once they didn't work so we have to bring all luggage up stair to third floor. The lamp sensor setting too quick to off, in a toilet it went off in a minute.

• 5th Jan 2016