8.5
Fabulous 2,027 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 2,027 Total Reviews
Safestay London Elephant & Castle Located at 144-152 Walworth Road, , London.
England
London SE17 1JL 144-152 Walworth Road
85% 2027
51.4905823 -0.0980131
    Rooms available

23rd May 2016

Really enjoyed this hostel! Very clean and felt very secure. The location was alright -- big construction plan going on in the neighborhood set to be done next year (which I'm sure will really drive the desirability of this place up!) All in all, a very nice stay for me, personally. Safestay for sure.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th May 2016
5.7

In all honesty, the rude and strict staff after a very long travel was not pleasing. They were very unaccomadating. Coming from someone who works in the customer service industry, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. We left early from our stay and if it wasn't for the charge I had to pay for booking the reservation I would have left within the first few hours.

Dear Guest Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise us of your recent stay at Safestay Elephant & Castle. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our guests. I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathise regarding the point your mention in your review with regards to the poor service you received upon check-in. This level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned party. We have made a note in your guest profile to ensure this level of poor service will not happen again and I do hope that this hasn't put you off a return stay with us again. Kind regards Guest Relations Safestay Elephant & Castle

• England, Female, 25-30
11th May 2016
6.3

You won't get a good nights sleep here. Very hot lots of children's groups and lots of beds.

Thank you for sharing your review of Safestay. I was disappointed to learn that some aspects of your visit did not live up to expectations. We offer a 24 hour reception for you to report any issues so we can resolve whilst you are here to make your stay more comfortable. However, rest assured that I will share all of your feedback with the team so we can investigate these issues that you have raised. Best Wishes Guest Relations

6th May 2016
8.0

I left due to construction and noisy groups after an hour. Prior to checking in, I hadn't slept in three days. The place is clean and pretty. I wasn't able to get a full refund, but the manager Jose is a professional and was able to refund me some if my money even though there is a no refund policy. I respect that. Hopefully I'll return in a better condition.

24th Apr 2016

Nice place to stay, great to have a curtain around the bed to give you a bit more privacy :) I did feel safe but I wouldn't go walking around the local area after dark!

• England, Male, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016

Excellent hostel - very clean, secure and well presented. The area is not great but it is close to the tube and not too fair to walk to embankment, the IWM etc.

• England, Couple, 18-24
3rd Apr 2016

Everything was excellent however the beds were quite sqeaky

• USA, Male, 41+
1st Apr 2016

It felt a bit more like a euro-hotel vibe than a hostel. Was close enough to the center, but not crazy/hectic. Facilities were adequate, room was good/mellow. Perfect for my trip!

• England, Mixed Group, 31-40
25th Mar 2016

Perfect stay and close to Brixton, where we went for a gig, clean and tidy a bit too warm at night but very quiet and I would recommend them to my friends.

19th Mar 2016

This hostel is a gem. The staff are friendly and curteous, the location is great in a vibrant 'happening' area. I would recommend this hostel to any traveler as a London base. Superb weekend. HAND.