Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

We were pleasantly surprised at the standard of cleanliness at the hostel (as you never know when booking in London). The staff on arrival were very friendly and we were able to leave our luggage despite being early. Location for getting to the main tourist areas was excellent. The only thing we were a little disappointed with was the breakfast, though this was included in our price. As breakfast will be charged for from Monday this may need to be improved on.

Blond girl in the reception very friendly and sexy ;-), Portugees barman very friendly. Had a nice stay :-) My fb Joël Hery Oostende belgium

• 15th May 2015
  • Belgium

Very good

• 14th May 2015

The hostel was great but a bit expensive being located where it is. It is not far from the city centre (30 minutes by bus) but the neighbourhood is not the best. Also, breakfast could be improved adding some bread to the buffet.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about breakfast - from the 1st of June we will be improving our breakfast and offering a bigger selection. However, it will no longer be complimentary. Safestay is well located and easily connected to the centre by public transport so I am pleased that you got to take advantage of this. Thank you Kelly

The rooms were not clean and neither were the bathrooms. The Wi-fi only works at the bar. The hostel was full with children and every time I was taking a shower they started banging on the door. It was way too expensive for what was offered.

Hi there. I am sorry that you found the cleanliness standards at Safestay unsatisfactory. The housekeeping team works really hard to hold the high standards that we have and the bathrooms are cleaned at least twice a day. The WiFi works only in the bar to allow guests to get the full experience of the hostel. Thank you for your feedback anyway, Kelly.

One of the best hostel I've ever been. Except for the internet that was really slow. And There's no wifi inside the bedrooms.

The hostel is nicely done! It is updated, clean and well maintained. The location is not bad but not great either. It is located closely to the Elephant and Castle underground station as well as train station. The staff were very professional and friendly. My only complaint which was a big deal was the amount of noise created by the students that were staying there. They were allowed to run wild and bang on the doors throughout the night, as late as 2 in the morning.

Really safe hostel. The double beds have only one blanket. We have asked for a second one but they couldn't manage to organise one. Other than that everything was really good. Very clean.

Gigantic hostel. The neighborhood is okay, but close to the train station so easy to get elsewhere. Met a couple cool people there, but at least 1/3 of the people staying there were between the ages of 13-17

Hostel is great, in fact it's better than some of the hotels I've been to. The neighborhood, however, doesn't seem so nice. I wouldn't feel safe at night there.

I recommend, really nice hostel, clean, close to the underground and friendly staff!

Sometimes at night the lounge room can get really noisy with all the groups of teenagers and such loud music. The internet should be able to work around the hostel so that the people who want to use the internet quietly can do it in their own rooms. Apart from that, this is the best hostel I've ever stayed at and I am definitely coming back if I have the chance.

Possibly the largest shower and toilet facilities I have found in a hostel that are also private facilities. Great looking hostel , its looks very new and well designed. 5 minutes from elephant and castle station so can easily access all of greater london and elsewhere through underground and national rail.

Thank you very much for your review - I am pleased to hear you found the design and decor of the hostel so appealing. You're right, the area is very well connected so I hope you got to explore London (and the greater area) easily. We look forward to having you stay at Safestay again next time you're in London. Kind Regards, Kelly

Really nice hostel, great conditions and the beds were great. The only thing that could be suggested to improve on would be if there was a little shelf and a couple of personal plug sockets with each bunk, although there wasn't a shortage of sockets in the room altogether.

Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate the suggestions you have made and will consider this in the future. We hope you come and stay with us again. Thank you, Kelly.

I really enjoyed my stay ! We had a welcome drink, the ambiance is nice, the bathroom was surprisingly clean and the bed was clean as well and comfy ! I truly recommand this place!

Thank you for the great review. We are pleased you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hostel - and the free welcome drink! We work really hard to maintain the high cleanliness standards so it is good to hear that they were appreciated. We hope you come and stay with us again next time you are in London. Kind regards, Kelly.

It was a really modern accomodation which we all would recommend to everybody.

Thank you very much for your recommendations :-)

I stay here fairly regularly as location gives you so many options - Brixton, West End, East London. Lots of cheap eat and drinks places nearby. It is a touch pricey but you get what you pay for in London and this is a very comfortable place to stay.

Thank you for your review. We love our convenient location and are pleased to see you found some of the great eating and drinking places in the area. Look forward to seeing you again next time you're in London. Kind Regards, Kelly, Reception Manager.

I think the hostel needs to have wi-fi everywhere

Thank you for your feedback. We only have WiFi in the common areas so that guests will come downstairs and enjoy the atmosphere of the hostel. We hope to see you again next time you are in London. Kind regards, Kelly.

Cant be beatin in London. Actualy more than what you expect!!

not safestay anymore, what is going wrong with the hostel name, "safestay" supposedly that i can stay safe in this hostel but the truth is i lost my phone and the staff look doesn't care about my stolen phone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5