Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

Elevator fell apart on me and the other one was out of service. Extremely confusing layout and no signs tell you which way to go. Not good in a fire situation. Its was clean though and had a cool lounge.

• 29th Aug 2015

Lovely and fancy hostel for cheap, comfy and convenient bedrooms, clean, nice staff, 5 min from the tube station and twenty from the center of London. Many shops and restaurants nearby.

This hostel is good, very safe! But the safety of Elephant and castle raises our concern Anyway, we come back before the sunset, the transport fm there to any stations or travel spot is good~ Very clear bedroom n bathroom, nice lounge

Hostel looked as good and new as on website photos. Very clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Short walk from art music food and bar space with courtyard area and an interesting variety of good food - Mauritian, Spanish, Jamaican and pizza + 2 bars. Free live music on Saturday night. Easy to travel into city after short walk to underground. All in all a great experience.

• 20th Aug 2015

Thank you for leaving such a nice review. I am pleased that you had a good stay and managed to try out some of the local businesses. We hope come and stay with us again next time you are in London. Kind Regards, Kelly.

Possibly the nicest/cleanest and newest hostel ive ever been in. It was almosg like a hotel! Massive negative though is the atmosphere. The hostel always seems to have a lot of families and kids and the bar is dead. But if you want a good nights sleep this place is for you!

I would prefer a room that did not face the ramp due to early morning deliveries. Been staying a month now. Regulars should be looked after

Lovely, quiet hostel. My friend and I loved the curtains around the beds offering some privacy even in a dorm room. However, we didn't try the breakfast because we found 4 pounds a bit much for a hostel breakfast, and instead opted to eat at the container shops on the way to the tube station. The staff could have offered a bit more information on things to do, good places to eat etc. But overall, an excellent hostel for people wanting a quiet place to sleep at night.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we really appreciate all the feedback. I am pleased that you tried the container shops - they really are a great place to get something to eat in the area! I am sorry you didn't find the staff that helpful - this is definitely something that we will need to work on! Once again, thank you for leaving a review and we hope to see you again in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly.

Very pleasantly surprised . ITS been many years since my last hostel stay and I was more than impressed with safestay.clean, good value for money. Liked the privacy curtains. Showers clean. Only minor quibble no clean towels to hire on arrival, visited reception on 3 occasions .

• 14th Aug 2015

Good hostel, the fire doors on the second floor bang everyone anyone opens or closes any door on any floor which is a bit of a nuisance. Great staff. Fun area.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We will have look at those doors and see if there's anything we can do. We hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly.

The rooms were very clean.. Comfy beds... I loved the curtains around the beds for privacy .. Renovated bathrooms..... huge modern common areas... The only down fall was no kitchen....

• 14th Aug 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we are pleased that you hada good stay here and hope to see you again in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly

Great location and facilities, except my room was extremely hot. There was no air conditioning and the window would not open enough to allow air flow If this was fixed, everything would have been perfect!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad that you had a good stay. Sorry about the warmth of the room - unfortunately, it can get a bit warm during the summer!

Friendly staff, eager to help. Facilities were clean and modern. More attention could be paid to customer emails prior to booking but this was easily sorted out on arrival. Overall my family enjoyed our stay and we would definitely be back.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Trinidad And Tobago

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. I am sorry that things got off to a shaky start but am pleased to hear that you had a good stay overall. Would love to have you stay with us agin in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly

Was really disappointed with this trip. Had a terrible sleep due to the room being located right next to the ventilation system meaning the room was hotter than a sauna. At 2.30am I went to reception. I was asked if we had thought about opening the windows - which we obviously had however the noise was loud from ventilation system. unhelpful staff at desk, in morning woke up in own sweat and with terrible head ache- totally ruined our day in London. Staff didn't seem to think there was a problem

• 11th Aug 2015

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in our hostel - it is extremely valuable to us and we do strive to improve with each and every stay. Our main priority is to be able to offer a well-maintained and comfortable stay for all our guests and clearly you did not receive this during your stay. This is something we are now looking into improving, not only for you, but for all guests. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another stay in our hostel. Kind Regards, Kelly.

Great hostle, rooms were very nice and clean, good location but a little hard to navigate to with construction and very little signage for the hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we appreciate your feedback and will take this into consideration in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly

Good value for money and the curtains on the dorm beds make a big difference to give you a little bit of privacy. However, I wish people could be rated for snoring and not be allowed to stay in dorm rooms.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am pleased that you had a good stay here although I am sorry you got a snorer! We hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly.

The wifi is just 1 mb, is poor, anyone have 40 or 100 mb at home.. a five star hostel can not have this wifi.. is bad bad

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Chile

locations are fine but the elevator really needs some work~

• 8th Aug 2015
  • China

Staff was friendly and helpful. Got there before check in but was able to leave my bag until I returned. Room was good. Breakfast was basic but all you could eat pretty much. Everyone was very reserved which made getting to know people quite hard, but could of just been that week. Great first place though.

Didn't really seem like a great place for young adults as there was always lots of kids everywhere. Also, their was an older employee who worked in the lounge/bar area who was rude every time she spoke to us. Otherwise, I have no complaints... it was close to all of the main tourist locations and the rooms were pretty comfortable.

The internet its poor