Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

It was a really really great place to stay. There were curtains on each bed, so you had your own privacy. The bar and lounge were really great, but there were a few concerns. There should be wifi throughout the whole hostel. That's our one way to talk to people, and we should be able to do it in our rooms. Also, the showers were pretty gross. There was water everywhere, and it was gross to even go to the bathroom.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Overall, my stay here was great. However a few things really spoiled it for me. My main issue was a large group of school children aged around 10-12. They were accompanied by teachers of course but they certainly were not supervised at all times. They were also allowed into the bar; when you're trying to have a quiet drink you certainly do not want a large group of children running around, screaming and generally behaving appallingly.

What a nice and clean hostels to stay with, comes with a beautifully decorated lobby. Spacious room. 5 mins walk to the train station of Elephant & Castle. Would love to stay here again during my next visit to London.

It was a little farther away from everything than our previous hostel and not right next to the underground but wasn't impossible to get to (still walking distance). But it was an amazing hostel!! Wow so clean and fancy and great social room and awesome staff. Saw that my buddy and I were just waiting around one evening not doing anything so invited us onto a pub crawl where we had a blast. Definitely recommend!

staff isn't very helpful and will kick you out of certain parts of the lounge area if you do not buy from their overpriced bar. They will charge for hot water,no kitchen available, not even a microwave. I had a reservation for 3 consecutive days yet they make you switch rooms even if you booked the room for more than one day. Ive had to move every morning, checking out at 10 and not allowed back in till 2. The place where they store your luggage doesn't lock. I saw mice amd cockroaches.

Very Good hostel. I was very surprise about the cleanest of it. It is very modern and the hostel as a lot of style. I would consider it more like an Hotel than an Hostel. The dorm was big enough for all people. Very big living / lounge area. The breakfast was very good as well. At night there is not a lot of animation unfortunately. When I was there, a lots of the person we child / teenager so I didn't get meet people of my age ... but still a really recommend this hostel, good price/quality/loc

Whilst I understand that hostels don't provide toiletries, I feel that they should provide hand soap or sanitizer in the room toilets. I suspect this may already be a legal requirement? The vending machine charges £2 for a can of soft drink. A bit steep!

• 18th Jun 2015

No wifi in the room, some toilets ran out of paper (unacceptable), anyone (I mean everyone) can just go into the luggage storage room any time of the day (lack of security). Lots of school kids around. Everything else seems fine.

it's a shame that the breakfast is now so expensive- it would be great if coffee were free at least. otherwise, a great stay...

No wifi in the rooms, common room/bar area only place to get wifi closed early. Pretty pricey for what you get.

Not bad for a cheap stay but the room was roasting hot all night also my cage(locker) was broken. Food in the bar downstairs is expensive and really bad. Do not pay for the breakfast, go elsewhere.

The bus stopped in front of hostel. Found a great, inexpensive restaurant with fresh good food less than two blacks away, called Castle Lebanese Food.

Beware the noisy laundry trolly with tiny wheels dragged over asphalt will keep you and your roommates awake from 3:45am to 4:15am every day (even with the windows closed). Beware non-stop slamming doors will wake you up repeatedly from around 7am onwards (they should dampen that). Friendly staff and nice facility overall, but you might not sleep well.

cool location, cool security only except cant get wifi in the room

• 15th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

One of the best hostels I have been so far. Very clean and secure. Staff is smiling. The rooms have bunk beds with curtains that you can draw so no one sees inside and above every bed there is a light source. Beds are very nicely made. My only issue is that there is no kitchen and the breakfast costs extra money.

No kitchen, poor common area which closes at 12 and is the only area with internet. This hostel is fine to stay at if you want a sleep and a place to stay but severely lacks atmosphere and character . There are also large school groups who come through often that clog up the place and are a general pain.

Was clean, a little expensive for a hostel, nice addition of curtains around the bed!

• 12th Jun 2015

Absolutely brilliant place. The staff are incredible. Must must stay.

• 12th Jun 2015

I've stayed here before and was happy to return. The hostel is quite clean, showers are fine, and I would stay here again if the price continues to be competitive. However, 3 issues: 1. no wifi in the rooms is very annoying, 2. weirdly, the shower really stank on the second day. There might have been a small problem with drainage. We just used a different shower. 3. It would be good if the mattresses were changed more often. Mine was so old and was like sleeping on broken springs.

• 12th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your review - it is always great to get feedback from returning customers! We only have wifi in the common areas so that guests can experience the atmosphere of the hostel. Sorry to hear about your shower and the problems with the mattress - we will take this on board. We hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards Kelly Reception Manager

It was a great hostel, the staff were mostly lovely and accomodating. There is no wifi in the rooms, but there is individual power sockets for each guest, as well as a small lamp beside each bed. The bunks are assigned so if you like to have access to power whilst in bed, i would suggest asking if a lower bunk is available on check in. The beds were comfy enough, and privacy in bunks was good. All in all a good stay, and would probably stay there again.

• 8th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review - it is great to hear good feedback. We hope you do decide to come and stay here again. Kind Regards Kelly Reception Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5