8.4
Fabulous 2,151 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 2,151 Total Reviews
Safestay London Elephant & Castle Located at 144-152 Walworth Road, , London.
England
London SE17 1JL 144-152 Walworth Road
84% 2151
51.4905823 -0.0980131
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
26th Sep 2016

Staff were friendly, really nice common room/lobby area, good facilities, I like the curtains on the bunks and he lockable cages under the beds for your things. Bathrooms were pretty dirty though.

24th Sep 2016

Really safe place to be. Everything works with key cards. Even the elevator uses the key card. Huge lockers in the room. Definitely a plus! Covers for each bed is something I haven't seen before as well. So even if someone turns on the light one could continue to sleep. Definitely a great place to stay.

• Austria, Female, 25-30
7.1

Hostel is great for a couple of nights, there was still some stuff under my bed (tissues, underwear) which I didn't care about if you keep in mind it's a hostel however for the price they could have cleaned a little better. Met some Colombian staff(can't recall the name) Who was incredibly helpful but on another day a different person made us wait for ages when checking in instead of asking for a second help when seeing so many people queuing. I'd come again for price/value and location.

• Ryen789
  • New Zealand, Male, 18-24
6.3

Place was decently good only a couple of complaints. They failed to tell me at check in that we had assigned beds and what my one was so I just took the first bed and slept there that night. The next night I came back and someone had removed all my stuff and put it on the bed they were sleeping in the night before and said that apparently I "stole" their bed. So pretty annoying when people are moving your stuff. Other than that the showers are pretty annoying...

• USA, Male, 31-40
14th Sep 2016

Very clean, good space. It felt like a hotel of hostels as opposed to an inviting space for communication and interaction, but I did go to sleep early. Maybe that was just my experience.

12th Sep 2016

Absolutely loved my stay here. I'd still be staying here if they provided a kitchen or even a microwave. Seriously, all I needed was a microwave... Wifi was poor and only worked in common areas. All guests seemed to agree with me. Other than that, I loved it. It was clean, comfortable, and accessible. Loved the staff too! Super helpful and really work to make you happy! I was paying the same amount for a hostel across town that wasn't even a quarter as nice as this one.

9th Sep 2016

I found a good place where stay on my journey there. Surely the place is nice, very clean I made my reservation one month before leaving and found good price In add the position is very good near tube stop

8th Sep 2016
8.0

Overall, nice place to stay. The lobby and common areas in particular are nice. Mediocre shower facilities, and has your typical under the bed lockers. Tbh didn't try to meet people- was at the theater most nights, so I can't speak to atmosphere, but it seemed like more of a place to stay with a friend than facilitate meeting solo travellers.

6th Sep 2016

Great hostel, close to the tube (only about 6 walking mins away) and the buses run right in front to the hostel, which take you 15 mins away to the center of London. Clean, spacious rooms, the style is dorm beds but with dividers so you do have privacy. Only thing is that they should offer more of a kitchen area. As well as down stairs you cannot eat in the lobby/bar area.

• Mexico, Couple, 25-30
2nd Sep 2016

The staff is so kind and helpful, good location, is clean and comfortable, the rooms are nice, i loved the courtins in the beds, i think they can improve the showers, it was dificult to find a dry place for the clothes, people in reception are great, especially the italian guy, definitely i would like to stay at this hostel.