Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

It was a really really great place to stay. There were curtains on each bed, so you had your own privacy. The bar and lounge were really great, but there were a few concerns. There should be wifi throughout the whole hostel. That's our one way to talk to people, and we should be able to do it in our rooms. Also, the showers were pretty gross. There was water everywhere, and it was gross to even go to the bathroom.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the bar/lounge area and appreciated the extra privacy of having curtains around the bed. We are currently looking into putting WiFi around the whole building so hopefully this will be changed soon. I am sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with the cleanliness of the bathrooms - we will pass this onto the housekeeping team and you should see an improvement! We hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards

Absolutely the best hostel I've ever stayed in in my whole life. Clean and freshly updated. A pleasure to stay in and highly recommended. Went alone but on the first night made friends, who I then went on to experience London with. The major downside to the hostel is that there was no air-conditioning in the rooms which was unbearable. Taking into account I did stay on the hottest days of the year so far. We all had to sit in our underwear until we were ready to go out it was that hot!

• 30th Jun 2015

Overall, my stay here was great. However a few things really spoiled it for me. My main issue was a large group of school children aged around 10-12. They were accompanied by teachers of course but they certainly were not supervised at all times. They were also allowed into the bar; when you're trying to have a quiet drink you certainly do not want a large group of children running around, screaming and generally behaving appallingly.

The hostel is very nice and clean. Friendly staff, always helpfull when needed. Big cages under the bed can be locked for the safety of your stuff. Definitely recommend this hostel.

resonable price is the better. BF is good ,the best Power plug is the better in my room thank you I'd like to book the again

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Japan

What a nice and clean hostels to stay with, comes with a beautifully decorated lobby. Spacious room. 5 mins walk to the train station of Elephant & Castle. Would love to stay here again during my next visit to London.

It was a little farther away from everything than our previous hostel and not right next to the underground but wasn't impossible to get to (still walking distance). But it was an amazing hostel!! Wow so clean and fancy and great social room and awesome staff. Saw that my buddy and I were just waiting around one evening not doing anything so invited us onto a pub crawl where we had a blast. Definitely recommend!

staff isn't very helpful and will kick you out of certain parts of the lounge area if you do not buy from their overpriced bar. They will charge for hot water,no kitchen available, not even a microwave. I had a reservation for 3 consecutive days yet they make you switch rooms even if you booked the room for more than one day. Ive had to move every morning, checking out at 10 and not allowed back in till 2. The place where they store your luggage doesn't lock. I saw mice amd cockroaches.

Very Good hostel. I was very surprise about the cleanest of it. It is very modern and the hostel as a lot of style. I would consider it more like an Hotel than an Hostel. The dorm was big enough for all people. Very big living / lounge area. The breakfast was very good as well. At night there is not a lot of animation unfortunately. When I was there, a lots of the person we child / teenager so I didn't get meet people of my age ... but still a really recommend this hostel, good price/quality/loc

Whilst I understand that hostels don't provide toiletries, I feel that they should provide hand soap or sanitizer in the room toilets. I suspect this may already be a legal requirement? The vending machine charges £2 for a can of soft drink. A bit steep!

• 18th Jun 2015

No wifi in the room, some toilets ran out of paper (unacceptable), anyone (I mean everyone) can just go into the luggage storage room any time of the day (lack of security). Lots of school kids around. Everything else seems fine.

it's a shame that the breakfast is now so expensive- it would be great if coffee were free at least. otherwise, a great stay...

No wifi in the rooms, common room/bar area only place to get wifi closed early. Pretty pricey for what you get.

Not bad for a cheap stay but the room was roasting hot all night also my cage(locker) was broken. Food in the bar downstairs is expensive and really bad. Do not pay for the breakfast, go elsewhere.

The bus stopped in front of hostel. Found a great, inexpensive restaurant with fresh good food less than two blacks away, called Castle Lebanese Food.

Beware the noisy laundry trolly with tiny wheels dragged over asphalt will keep you and your roommates awake from 3:45am to 4:15am every day (even with the windows closed). Beware non-stop slamming doors will wake you up repeatedly from around 7am onwards (they should dampen that). Friendly staff and nice facility overall, but you might not sleep well.

cool location, cool security only except cant get wifi in the room

• 15th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

One of the best hostels I have been so far. Very clean and secure. Staff is smiling. The rooms have bunk beds with curtains that you can draw so no one sees inside and above every bed there is a light source. Beds are very nicely made. My only issue is that there is no kitchen and the breakfast costs extra money.

No kitchen, poor common area which closes at 12 and is the only area with internet. This hostel is fine to stay at if you want a sleep and a place to stay but severely lacks atmosphere and character . There are also large school groups who come through often that clog up the place and are a general pain.

Was clean, a little expensive for a hostel, nice addition of curtains around the bed!

• 12th Jun 2015