Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

Our room shared for three family members was clean and of a high standard.The only disadvantage was the early reveille by the very noisy delivery trucks at 5am right outside our window

• 4th Jun 2015

The hostel is new and clean. It's almost like a hotel. The location is good, the neighborhood doesn't have a lot of options but it is well located. The problem is that this hostel is not a good place to meet other fellow travellers. They also accept families and big groups of children, so it can be quite annoying. Internet access is another problem: it only works at the bar area and they close it at midnight.

Thank you for your review - it is great to read such nice things about the cleanliness. I am sorry you missed out on some of the hidden gems that Elephant and Castle has to offer - there are some great places around! We hope to see you again at Safestay. Thank you Kelly

It was very clean and offered what you need. However, if you're looking to meet people or to have the friendly hostel experience than this isn't the place for you. It's very corporate and being downstairs for breakfast felt like a mass cattle call.

Bathrooms were a little dirty. Breakfast was pretty good. I liked the rooms and the curtains.

We were pleasantly surprised at the standard of cleanliness at the hostel (as you never know when booking in London). The staff on arrival were very friendly and we were able to leave our luggage despite being early. Location for getting to the main tourist areas was excellent. The only thing we were a little disappointed with was the breakfast, though this was included in our price. As breakfast will be charged for from Monday this may need to be improved on.

Thank you for your review - I am pleased the hostel clean, the staff friendly and the location convenient. As you mentioned, we have just started charging for the breakfast so this has meant an improvement in both the quality and variety. We hope you come and stay with us again next time your in London. Kind regards Kelly

The Bar + Pool area should definitely be opne after midnight! Having a hostel where you cannot go anywhere to chill 24h00 a day in the center of london is a little bit of a shame. I think that could definitely be improved in the future. The quality of the hostel is fantastic, and I believe the quality of the breakfast should be matched! It wasn't the case during our stay!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you for your review - you have provided us with some good and useful feedback. We have recently changed our breakfast offering to one of greater variety and better quality. However, it is no longer complimentary. We hope you come and stay with us again in the future! Kind regards, Kelly

Blond girl in the reception very friendly and sexy ;-), Portugees barman very friendly. Had a nice stay :-) My fb Joël Hery Oostende belgium

• 15th May 2015
  • Belgium

Very good

Great hostel, feels like a hotel. Only complaint is not being able to drink your own drinks in the common area, I mean it is a hostel right you stay there because you cannot afford a hotel therefore can't afford to pay ridiculous bar prices..

The hostel was great but a bit expensive being located where it is. It is not far from the city centre (30 minutes by bus) but the neighbourhood is not the best. Also, breakfast could be improved adding some bread to the buffet.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about breakfast - from the 1st of June we will be improving our breakfast and offering a bigger selection. However, it will no longer be complimentary. Safestay is well located and easily connected to the centre by public transport so I am pleased that you got to take advantage of this. Thank you Kelly

The rooms were not clean and neither were the bathrooms. The Wi-fi only works at the bar. The hostel was full with children and every time I was taking a shower they started banging on the door. It was way too expensive for what was offered.

Hi there. I am sorry that you found the cleanliness standards at Safestay unsatisfactory. The housekeeping team works really hard to hold the high standards that we have and the bathrooms are cleaned at least twice a day. The WiFi works only in the bar to allow guests to get the full experience of the hostel. Thank you for your feedback anyway, Kelly.

One of the best hostel I've ever been. Except for the internet that was really slow. And There's no wifi inside the bedrooms.

The hostel is nicely done! It is updated, clean and well maintained. The location is not bad but not great either. It is located closely to the Elephant and Castle underground station as well as train station. The staff were very professional and friendly. My only complaint which was a big deal was the amount of noise created by the students that were staying there. They were allowed to run wild and bang on the doors throughout the night, as late as 2 in the morning.

Really safe hostel. The double beds have only one blanket. We have asked for a second one but they couldn't manage to organise one. Other than that everything was really good. Very clean.

Gigantic hostel. The neighborhood is okay, but close to the train station so easy to get elsewhere. Met a couple cool people there, but at least 1/3 of the people staying there were between the ages of 13-17

Hostel is great, in fact it's better than some of the hotels I've been to. The neighborhood, however, doesn't seem so nice. I wouldn't feel safe at night there.

I recommend, really nice hostel, clean, close to the underground and friendly staff!

Sometimes at night the lounge room can get really noisy with all the groups of teenagers and such loud music. The internet should be able to work around the hostel so that the people who want to use the internet quietly can do it in their own rooms. Apart from that, this is the best hostel I've ever stayed at and I am definitely coming back if I have the chance.

the hostel is really clean deals more like a.hotel but location is a bit dodge I was a solo female and didn't like walking the streets alone

Possibly the largest shower and toilet facilities I have found in a hostel that are also private facilities. Great looking hostel , its looks very new and well designed. 5 minutes from elephant and castle station so can easily access all of greater london and elsewhere through underground and national rail.

Thank you very much for your review - I am pleased to hear you found the design and decor of the hostel so appealing. You're right, the area is very well connected so I hope you got to explore London (and the greater area) easily. We look forward to having you stay at Safestay again next time you're in London. Kind Regards, Kelly