Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

The beds are very comfortable! Loved having the curtains for each individual bed. Location wasn't great.. Far from attractions but pretty close to metro. Breakfast is £4.00 per person.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased that overall you had a good stay at Safestay and hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Next time remember that there are also lots of buses that travel from the hostel to the main tourist attractions. Kind Regards, Kelly.

Excellent, that'sall that is how to describe my stay.

Thank you for leaving such a great review - we will see you again soon! Kind Regards, Kelly.

Excellent hostel, perfect for our family trip to London. Really clean and modern, at a great price. Staff were fantastic, really friendly and helpful. Food at the bar could be of a better quality but other than that a fantastic place to stay to keep the costs down on a visit to London.

• 29th Jul 2015

Thank you for your review - I am pleased that your family had a great trip to London! It's good to hear your feedback about the bar, it is always useful to know where we can improve. I hope you come and stay with us again in the near future. Kind Regards Kelly Reception Mananager

Great beds, food was good, and the staff at the receptionist desks were very helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review! We hope you come and stay with us again next time you are in London! Thank you Kelly

I have stayed in elephant& castle several times last few year& generally is very good place & location , but if going be little critical have few issues like find it little slow when checking in on arrival & on my last visit I had left my room card in room but explained to girl on reception this she was looking to charge me extra 5£ just to get back into hostel if I went out on Main Street & what annoyed me was front door was open anyway . This wouldn't happen in any hotel etc .

• 27th Jul 2015

Clean, comfortable and secure. Provided a cage to lock your bags in under your bunks. Free token for drink on arrival which was cool. Location is a short walk from the tube. Would recommend othere definitely

Clean, safe, short walk to the underground, would definitely stay here again.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • kiranpage1221

Staff are nice, rooms and facilities are great, but you dont get internet in the rooms. Even though there was a massive bar there wasnt much of a fun atmosphere and the bar closes early.

Very nice hostel. Elephant and Castle is not the most central area and it didn't feel entirely safe on the surrounding streets, but the hostel was very modern inside and clean. The bathrooms were spacious and clean as well. One bad thing was there was no WiFi in the rooms. You have to go downstairs to the bar/lounge, which was a little inconvenient. Pretty good place overall though.

Good location near tube stations and everything! Staff were very helpful :) no wifi in rooms though :(

I'd booked the hostel as somewhere to sleep but room mates played music until 12.30 pm until they went out clubbing. I do not feel I got what I paid for and am sure there ought to be rules enforced or some sort of separation between different customers. This made me look at the whole hostel experience very negatively.

• 24th Jul 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with the guests in your room, unfortunately, this can happen when you are sharing the room with other people. Just a tip, if this happens again then just head to the reception and somebody will come up in a flash to move the guests along. Thank you, Kelly.

Be nice off a night there was a Quiet Zone lots children .

• 24th Jul 2015

The hostel is extremely clean and stylish. Beds are very comfortable and the privacy curtain is nice to have. Ensuite bathroom was very nice . The WiFi is terrible. There is no WiFi in the rooms and signal is even patchy in the bar area.

The best hostel in town, good people and easy to book!!!

• 20th Jul 2015

The hostel is clean and the beds are comfortable and there are curtains on the beds (which is really nice). BUUT there is no hostel atmosphere and the people in the reception are very rude. They do not have a kitchen!!!!! I bought a lasagna and nobody could warm it for me (I didn't know thre was no kitchen).

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry that you had a problem with the staff here but it is true that we do not have a guest kitchen and due to health and safety reasons we are unable to heat up any food that is not sold on the premises. It is good that you were impressed by the cleanliness and privacy offered by Safestay though. We do hope that you will return to Safestay in the future, or try our new hostel in Holland Park. Kind Regards, Kelly.

It was just what i expected of a good hostel. We had a great stay

• 19th Jul 2015

Very nice hostel, but the wifi is really spotty and only available in the bar area. Other than that, the hostel had a very upscale feel to it, and resembled a nice hotel.

This hostel was brilliant reasons are: Great looking place and very modern, Good Location as its near the elephant and castle tube (Took 45 mins to walk back from Leicester Square), Excellent bar area, Good social spaces, Modern Bath rooms and clean, Strong beds with curtains, McDonald's and a news agents on the same street, Shopping centre next to the tube station, Staff are professional, a good supply of plug sockets around, and great value for money!!! Just a couple of impolite guests about!

Big rooms, clean, good facilities (bar and common room). Friendly staff.

Comfy beds, friendly staff, clean facilities. Overall a good experiences. The only thing I noticed that could be improved is the number of power points available in the rooms. In a dorm room full of people with devices that need recharging, it got a little tricky with only a few power points available.

• 12th Jul 2015