Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

1951 Total Reviews

The internet in the rooms is god-awful!!! It works irregularly if it works at all in the rooms.

The only staff who really kind is the Italian guy. The short man with glass, black curly hair and the girl with black hair are unpleasant person. Their faces are sour. The rest staffs are average. The facility is basic. The hotel have so many doors in short distance, hard to bring luggages. The elevators are making horrible sound, and once they didn't work so we have to bring all luggage up stair to third floor. The lamp sensor setting too quick to off, in a toilet it went off in a minute.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Indonesia

Facilities are excellent,the staff always efficient and helpful. Very affordable. Highly recommend

I loved my stay there especially the beds which had good curtains for blocking out lights at night. The bar and common area in the basement was bigger than expected and had good furniture's and fun stuff to do. The staff were really amazing to talk to and everytime I had a question of the hostel or of London they always helped me. Thought the elevator sounded somewhat strange which was a bit scary and the room toilet could have been fresher (but there did live six people there.)

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Wifi in the rooms is really bad. It doesn't work well if it works at all. They really should spend more money on this detail. It's a really good hostel otherwise.

One of the cleanest and nicest hostels I've ever stayed in, if not the nicest. Great staff--friendly and helpful. Good amenities and security. The only thing was the area was not ideal and felt somewhat unsafe at times.

Most of the staff was kind with the exception of the guy that worked in the pub, I had to discuss with him to get tab water.

Just slept over there on NYE. Everything is ok.

Breakfast was quite dissapointing. The croissants were tough, the raisin balls (no idea what they're actually called) were really dry, the eggs were hard as rocks and the tea simply smelled and was really bad. The food had laid out there for a while already and I'm normally really not a picky eater so..that could definitely be better. But for the rest everything about my stay was wonderful.

It's a very good choice for a family stay. The staff is nice and welcoming . The faciltities are usefull and cosy, the space is engaging. The breakfast is an option wich is quite good . The hostel is quiet, and it'snt fearing to stay in this place with children.Safestay is also near the city center, then it's easy to visit London from this point on foot or with bus.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Couple, 41+

First guy at reception we met was great (redhead, I didn't get his name! He's cute too ladies). The other girl wasn't so friendly when we complained about our stuff being moved without anyone telling us, and that our toilet was literally bubbling and that we couldn't use it, but I guess they can't all be winners. The rooms were nice, the beds are phenomenal, but the showers weren't my favorite. Overall it seems like a nice place, but the surprise room change and broken toilet weren't nice

Beautiful hostel with great security. No soap in the room's bathroom but otherwise no real complaints :)

Great customer service from the front desk and other staff! They were so helpful and gave great advice on all that there was to do in London.

This is one of the best quality hostels I have ever been, the Staff was helpful with the exception of the guy attending the bar in the afternoon/evening with whom I had struggle to get tab water.

The internet was poor but other than that, everything was great! The staff was helpful and the are is pretty good.

The walls, floors and doors of the hostel are not very noiseproof. It's sometimes hard to sleep because you hear a lot of noise from outside of the room, for example from the floor above. Besides that the hostel is very nice. Nice facilities, friendly people, good internet. And there's a great Colombian Café just 5min away from the hostel which is perfect for breakfast.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

The hotel was too clean. But the staff shoukd be more flexible thinking. They are too strick. And they are always busy . I don't know why. But other facilities are good. The lounge, toilet, bar are also good. Just location was nomal. In front of the hotel, there are bus stop but subway staion was little far. Deciding was depends on the transportation.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • South Korea

The hostel is simply amazing. It looks more like a hotel than a hostel itself! The staff was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast (which you need to pay to have acess) worths every cents payed. The rooms are very clean and each bed has privacy and a locker to put our luggage and keep it safe. Location is in zone 1 of London and it is near the metro station, which means you can even walk to the main attractions. Excelent hostel!

• 24th Dec 2015

the over all score would have been higher , there was one gentleman present , the only only other english man present apart from myself . inside the complex was bad enough , he was ovelry drunk and appeared to me to be bothering a couple of argentinian ladies . however the smoking area and bar was closed at 11 . unfathomable as to why . thats when things got worse . we naturally went outside the main door to smoke . not exactly the best environment in any circumstance .

• 20th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review! Your feedback is very important to us so we can strive to improve our services. As a hostel, we do have many different characters and unfortunately during your stay you did encounter some which were not to your liking. I can assure you every stay is different and do hope this has not put you off from staying with us in the future. Kind Regards Jose

I signed up to pay a certain amount, but when I got to the hostel I had to pay ~10£ more for each night, which is about $20. I wouldn't have stayed here if I knew that because it was VERY expensive. The staff was not friendly to me and snapped whenever I asked a question. The room was nice & bathroom was nice. You have to rent a towel, £2, which is about $4, expensive just to RENT it.The location was far and supposedly not a safe neighborhood, metro tickets are expensive. I do not recommend.

Thank you for your review! Your feedback is very important to us so we can strive to impove our services, especially customer services. I will look into the customer service issue and to why you was charge extra upon arrival. If we are indeed at fault then will organise a refund for you. Please contact us directly with your booking details so i can investigate this further. We do hope these issues do not put you off from staying with us in the future. Kind regards, Jose