Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

You even have privacy on your own bed! That was excellent

You're right - the extra privacy you get is excellent! We hope you come stay with us again soon! Kind Regards

Increase the speed of the wi-fi. It's too slow.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Namibia

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We are currently reviewing the WiFi that we offer in the hostel so hopefully you will see an improvement shortly. Kind Regards

This is not a very nice neighborhood. The staff was not kind or helpful when I came back and had my cellphone stolen, I needed to contact family members, they made me pay to use the computer to use Skype, and their headsets did not work, they did not give me my money back and then made me pay to use the telephone. The internet stops working at midnight, this was VERY troublesome to making my travel plans. There was lots of young kids and school groups at the time and it was expensive.

Staff were very friendly and helpful! Clean rooms, secure building, close to all attractions. Breakfast is not worth the price, go to a cafe. Great place to stay on a budget.

Thank you for leaving a review - it is good to hear all the good (and not so good things) our guests are saying about us! I am sorry to hear that you were not impressed by breakfast - we will consider this when we review it next. I will pass on your great feedback to the staff who will be happy to hear such lovely things about them! Thank you

This hostel doesn't have a kitchen and charges for 4 pounds for breakfast. The wifi doesn't work in the room, you have To use it in the bar area which closes at midnight. For our stay the only other guests we could see we're adolescents, which was inconvenient. The staff also weren't friendly or very helpful. Although, the rooms were clean , comfortable and safe.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are currently looking at ways to improve the WiFi so hopefully you will see changes to this soon. I am sorry to hear your comments about the staff - I am sure that you just caught them on a bad day! It's nice to hear positive feedback about the rooms though so I hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards

It was a really really great place to stay. There were curtains on each bed, so you had your own privacy. The bar and lounge were really great, but there were a few concerns. There should be wifi throughout the whole hostel. That's our one way to talk to people, and we should be able to do it in our rooms. Also, the showers were pretty gross. There was water everywhere, and it was gross to even go to the bathroom.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the bar/lounge area and appreciated the extra privacy of having curtains around the bed. We are currently looking into putting WiFi around the whole building so hopefully this will be changed soon. I am sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with the cleanliness of the bathrooms - we will pass this onto the housekeeping team and you should see an improvement! We hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards

Absolutely the best hostel I've ever stayed in in my whole life. Clean and freshly updated. A pleasure to stay in and highly recommended. Went alone but on the first night made friends, who I then went on to experience London with. The major downside to the hostel is that there was no air-conditioning in the rooms which was unbearable. Taking into account I did stay on the hottest days of the year so far. We all had to sit in our underwear until we were ready to go out it was that hot!

• 30th Jun 2015

Overall, my stay here was great. However a few things really spoiled it for me. My main issue was a large group of school children aged around 10-12. They were accompanied by teachers of course but they certainly were not supervised at all times. They were also allowed into the bar; when you're trying to have a quiet drink you certainly do not want a large group of children running around, screaming and generally behaving appallingly.

The hostel is very nice and clean. Friendly staff, always helpfull when needed. Big cages under the bed can be locked for the safety of your stuff. Definitely recommend this hostel.

resonable price is the better. BF is good ,the best Power plug is the better in my room thank you I'd like to book the again

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Japan

What a nice and clean hostels to stay with, comes with a beautifully decorated lobby. Spacious room. 5 mins walk to the train station of Elephant & Castle. Would love to stay here again during my next visit to London.

It was a little farther away from everything than our previous hostel and not right next to the underground but wasn't impossible to get to (still walking distance). But it was an amazing hostel!! Wow so clean and fancy and great social room and awesome staff. Saw that my buddy and I were just waiting around one evening not doing anything so invited us onto a pub crawl where we had a blast. Definitely recommend!

staff isn't very helpful and will kick you out of certain parts of the lounge area if you do not buy from their overpriced bar. They will charge for hot water,no kitchen available, not even a microwave. I had a reservation for 3 consecutive days yet they make you switch rooms even if you booked the room for more than one day. Ive had to move every morning, checking out at 10 and not allowed back in till 2. The place where they store your luggage doesn't lock. I saw mice amd cockroaches.

Very Good hostel. I was very surprise about the cleanest of it. It is very modern and the hostel as a lot of style. I would consider it more like an Hotel than an Hostel. The dorm was big enough for all people. Very big living / lounge area. The breakfast was very good as well. At night there is not a lot of animation unfortunately. When I was there, a lots of the person we child / teenager so I didn't get meet people of my age ... but still a really recommend this hostel, good price/quality/loc

Whilst I understand that hostels don't provide toiletries, I feel that they should provide hand soap or sanitizer in the room toilets. I suspect this may already be a legal requirement? The vending machine charges £2 for a can of soft drink. A bit steep!

• 18th Jun 2015

No wifi in the room, some toilets ran out of paper (unacceptable), anyone (I mean everyone) can just go into the luggage storage room any time of the day (lack of security). Lots of school kids around. Everything else seems fine.

it's a shame that the breakfast is now so expensive- it would be great if coffee were free at least. otherwise, a great stay...

No wifi in the rooms, common room/bar area only place to get wifi closed early. Pretty pricey for what you get.

Not bad for a cheap stay but the room was roasting hot all night also my cage(locker) was broken. Food in the bar downstairs is expensive and really bad. Do not pay for the breakfast, go elsewhere.

The bus stopped in front of hostel. Found a great, inexpensive restaurant with fresh good food less than two blacks away, called Castle Lebanese Food.