Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

I really enjoyed my stay at Safestay- probably the nicest and cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at. The Breakfast was also a huge plus! Thanks :P

Hello Thank you for your positive feedback - it's great to get reviews like this! Kind Regards Kelly

Great hostel! Good location, clean and nice. Breakfast could have a little more variety but for the price I didn't expect more. I really liked it and I will definitely recommend it!

• 21st Feb 2015

Excellent place. Only major problems were 1) very bad internet connection, majority of the time it barely worked and genuinely took minutes to load simple things like e-mails, even at quiet times when I was the only person in the bar. 2) lack of even basic facilities for making food, like a microwave, kettle, or even a sink which wasn't in a bathroom, made safestay feel like less good value for money, as was always having to eat out so much.

• 15th Feb 2015

Nice place to stay. Very clean and perfect structure. Staff is friendly and help on everything you need. Good tips. Internet not available on the dormitories.

The room and toilet were very clean and the staff was very friendly. The hostel is near the tube and the front of the hostel there is a bus stop also 24 h.

The breakfast period is a mess. The food and service can not meet a lot of customers. We have to wait 20 minutes in line to get food.

Hello Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you found the free breakfast, and organisation of it, unsatisfactory. We have taken on board the comments from our customers and from the 1st June 2015 our continental breakfast will be improved greatly with a wider selection. However it will no longer be free and will have an additional cost of £4.00. We hope that you return to Safestay in the future. Thank you Kelly

This hostel was a welcome break from the cheaper hostels I'd been staying at. The free breakfast was good with croissants and yoghurt. The bunks had curtains, which I really liked. The one minor complaint I do have is that it was hard to keep your stuff dry in the shower cubicle. It wasnt too bad compared to some of the other places I've stayed.

My girlfriend and I booked 06 nights at Safestay London Elephant & Castle hostel. The place is beautiful and has a good structure. However, we only stayed 03 nights there and decided to leave the hostel because we were mistreated by an employee for two days on breakfast.

Should reeducate all personnel working there No WiFi in the hostel Unbelievably weird Room allocating system Noisy bar. Drunk people a lot in the hostel Disturbing

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Japan

The woman who checked me in wasn't very helpful or professional - seemed more interested in her colleague than serving me.

very nice place, full of accommodations, cheap, well located, close to waterloo and london bridge, the place is clean and the breakfast is quite complete. I totally recommend it!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Spain

In terms of the cleanliness - the rooms, beds and bedding are spotless, but the bathrooms ought to be more thoroughly cleaned every day. Otherwise, no complaints at all - excellent staff, great location, good value for money. I was surprised that there is no wi-fi in the rooms (though it is available and is free in the lounge/bar area), but in the end that wasn't much of a problem.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

great place. Stayed here twice now, and have to say out of all the hostels I have stayed in (Quite a few) This one is quite simply a cut above the rest. Excellent facilities, fantastic location, very safe and secure as well.

Great sized room. Shower smell a little of sewage and could use a little ventilation but nothing extreme. The hostel has a great huge bar area/common area and a really good breakfast. Great laundry as well. Would be a bit better with a kitchen. Great comfy beds with awesome curtain for privacy plus own light and great storage under beds in cages. Would stay again.

Atmosphere, staff, security.. Everything was good, but if you want to use wifi, you have to go to lounge, you cant use wifi in the room. Even wifi is uncomfortable, i was satisfied:b

As a regular visitor to London, I usually stay in Hotels. First time trying this hostel as hotels were expensive. What can I say - I will definately stay here again. This place is way better than a lot of hotels I have stayed in. Very impressive hostel. I will definately be back here again. I was in a 4 bed room, with just 2 other people. Beds are extremely comfortable and have curtains around the bed for privacy. Shower and bathroom was extremely. Never got up for breakfast. Will be back

• 15th Jan 2015

Raccomanded.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Brilliant value for money and perfectly Located, however at first following google maps, I struggled to find the accommodation. As did a couple of other travellers. The Hostel is situated on the opposite side of the road and I believe also the wrong number. I phoned the hostel and they were more than happy to direct me. I had a lovely stay

• 9th Jan 2015

Fantastic place to stay, by far one of my favourite hostels, would have been nice to have a microwave on hand all day though.

My daughters and I stayed in Safestay. We had a private room with shower, It was excellent.It was clean and the staff was very friendly. Buses and tube nearby. We even had breakfast there. Mostly you dont get that in a hostel. I would recommend it to everybody.

• 8th Jan 2015

Thank you for your feedback - we really love reading reviews like this! Hope to see you and your daughters back at Safestay again soon. Best wishes, Kelly.