Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

1947 Total Reviews

We were impressed from arrival to departure by the quality and facilities available for such a reasonable rate. We were a party of 5 in an en-suite room for 6. We had a very good sleep, and were really grateful for the luggage storage while we were out exploring London. The breakfast was very reasonable, and quite a good choice.

• 26th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to go out and explore the city without worrying about your luggage. We hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards Kelly

Location was okay but there was a bus stop right outside the doors that took you into the main part of the city. Wifi worked well in the room, even on the 3rd floor. Room was large for 6 people but there were not enough outlets and no tables or chairs to put anything on. Overall good stay.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am pleased to hear you had a good stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind Regards Kelly

Great place to stay. Was more like a hotel than a hostel. Very clean spacious staff were very friend at the reception. Lovely young lady helped me with sorting my boarding pass. Rose working down at the bar was very friendly and helpfull.

Thank you for your kind comments! Rose will be extremely pleased to hear such nice things said about her! We hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards Kelly

Good location.staff helpful and friendly.Extremely well run/clean ,comfortable and very good value for money

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We hope to see you again in the future. Kind Regards Kelly

It was one of best hostels i have been yet. So enjoy your vacation nearby Elephant and Castle.

• 16th Oct 2015

Friendlier staff.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear Valued Guest, It is great to hear that you had a good stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon! Warm regards, Kelly Safestay

Very modern, clean hostel. Little out of the way but easy enough transport links to get around the city. Curtains around the bunks are always a welcome touch giving that little extra comfort/ privacy.

Lots of non positive things to say about this hostel. Perhaps the managers and staff should be less money-centered and more customer-oriented. I had to excuse myself for late check out on a Sunday morning while they had made a mistake in my booking. The so-called Wifi does not work and you often have huge groups of super excited teenagers litterally invading the hostel. Etc., etc., etc...I have been to over 150 hostels in my life and this one is non-recommandable. Don't waste your money, cheers

I am sorry that you were left with a bad impression after your recent stay at Safestay - the feedback you have given is appreciated. With over 400 beds, the hostel is very busy but we do security checks throughout the night to make sure that all of our guests get a good nights sleep. We are currently looking into what can be done to improve the WiFi so hopefully this will be better soon. Once again, thank you for your feedback. Kind Regards, Kelly.

Facilities were good, and the hostel was really clean. However, the area is very dodgey and what seemed to be homeless people had sporadically booked nights so there were some weird people floating around which killed the vibe. Also the free Wifi did. It exist as it wasn't working and then they charged you to use their internet computers.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am sorry to hear that you didn't find there to be much of a hostel atmosphere here! We have been looking at ways to improve the WiFi so I am sure if you came to stay here again, this would be much better! Once again, thank you for your comments. Kind Regards Kelly

We would like som hooks in the room to hang up clothes

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for your feedback. There are hooks in all the rooms but perhaps we could do with a few more?! We hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly

Very nice staff and very nice place.

• 1st Oct 2015

Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff and the hostel. We hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards Kelly

Traveling with a kid, it was nice to have a hostel with private room, very clean, and not too expansive.

As one of the first hostels we've stayed at, Safestay E&C set a good bar. The rooms were nice and clean, as were the washrooms. However, you can only check in at 2pm and they do not have lockers to check luggage of any sorts (there is a room on the main floor, but it is basically accessible to anyone).

• 25th Sep 2015

The facilities are really good, its clean and comfortable. The lounge are is also good. Not much atmosphere but I also just stayed one night.

Nice place. Location it's good:) I would like to stay here again if I visit London next time:)

• Taiwan

We stayed for 2 nights and it was pleasure to come back every evening to our dorm - clean, warm and fresh. Breakfast offering was also fine for us and totally worth the money, so every morning we were walking out refreshed and ready to explore the city.

• Latvia

The location is a bit dodgy but the facilities are fairly nice. Compared to other hostels the price is rather on the high side. The facilities were clean and well-maintained.

• 24th Sep 2015

Not the perfect location however is not bad , the hostel is awesome !

This hostel was very clean and had a really cool atmosphere. The beds were comfortable and the curtains were amazing. The bathroom in our Ensuite didn't have hand soap, which I found odd, but other than that it was perfect. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 24th Sep 2015

This is one of the nicer looking hostels you will ever stay in, it's well maintained and cleaned to a high standard, very comfortable for a short stay. Unfortunately some of the facilities in the hostel are severely lacking, there is no kitchen or anything even remotely like one, you can't even get a glass of water without going to the bar. The wifi is awful and barely fast enough to load facebook no matter where you are in the Hostel,lights and showers in the bathroom turn off after 2 minutes.

• 21st Sep 2015

Thank you for your feedback - I am sorry that you felt the hostel facilities were lacking. We have been looking into the WiFi since you stayed so hopefully it is better now. All of the tap water is drinkable and we do have vending machines where you can buy snacks and drinks. Thanks for the mentioning our high maintenance and cleanliness standards - this is really important to us. We hope you come and visit us again in the future. Kind Regards Kelly