Safestay London Elephant & Castle Reviews

144-152 Walworth Road, London, England

1955 Total Reviews

This hostel was very clean and had a really cool atmosphere. The beds were comfortable and the curtains were amazing. The bathroom in our Ensuite didn't have hand soap, which I found odd, but other than that it was perfect. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 24th Sep 2015

This is one of the nicer looking hostels you will ever stay in, it's well maintained and cleaned to a high standard, very comfortable for a short stay. Unfortunately some of the facilities in the hostel are severely lacking, there is no kitchen or anything even remotely like one, you can't even get a glass of water without going to the bar. The wifi is awful and barely fast enough to load facebook no matter where you are in the Hostel,lights and showers in the bathroom turn off after 2 minutes.

• 21st Sep 2015

Thank you for your feedback - I am sorry that you felt the hostel facilities were lacking. We have been looking into the WiFi since you stayed so hopefully it is better now. All of the tap water is drinkable and we do have vending machines where you can buy snacks and drinks. Thanks for the mentioning our high maintenance and cleanliness standards - this is really important to us. We hope you come and visit us again in the future. Kind Regards Kelly

Great hostel. Shoutout to Tyler for all his help. Great location met amazing people. Will come again.

• 20th Sep 2015

Thank you for such a great review - I am pleased that you got to meet such great people and will pass on your comments to Tyler. Kind Regards, Kelly.

It was nice hostel and this was my first hostl experience. I want to stay there again.

No kitchen, and wanted to charge me to switch rooms when my bunkmate was coughing all night.

I am sorry that there was a problem when you wanted to switch rooms - we do have a policy in place but there are times when we should take exceptional circumstances into account. Once again, I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience here. Kind Regards Kelly

The atmosphere is "budget hotel", not a hostel. Don't expect friendly backpackers. Everything seems very professional and elegant, and in fact the facilities are comfortable and clean. However, the WiFi was useless and the room was extremely noisy. Noise came from the street, which is really busy all night long and everyday, and from the corridors. It seems as the walls are made of paper. The luggage room was always left unlocked. The beds are very comfortable though.

Sorry to hear that you didn't have such a great stay at Safestay but we do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on our high standards of decor and cleanliness so I am sorry that that gave it the impression of a 'budget hotel'. We will take on board your other comments about noisiness and the luggage room. We hope that you return to stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly.

Great location. Spacious rooms, the whole property is very clean and modern. Everything is as depicted in the pictures. The curtains in each bed provides extra privacy which is always a plus. However, Wifi connection is unacceptable. I was rarely able to connect my devices from the dorm. Even in the guest lounge the connection was very unstable.

• 17th Sep 2015

Excellent location, nice and spacious room. I strongly recommend it.

• 12th Sep 2015

We were so pleased to have discovered this hostel: it was very clean, modern, had great facilities, the staff were polite and helpful, especially Gloria who went out of her way to send me my card which I mistakenly left behind. Excellent value for money too.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

A nice place. Feels more like a hotel with dorms than a hostel (lacking that sort of friendly atmosphere a little), but for a short stay it's great. The lockers under the beds and the curtains around the beds are a fantastic touch, and everything is clean and well-maintained. Good location for getting around - only a five minute walk from Elephant & Castle tube station. Cheers Safestay!

• 11th Sep 2015

Arrogant reception staff. Take them forever to end their shift.

It is unfortunate that you found the staff here to be 'arrogant' - this is definitely not how they would like to be perceived. Sometimes it can take a few minutes to end the shift but we do try and do it as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to leave these comments though. Kind Regards, Kelly.

I had a man with very inappropriate behavior and I had to stay with such creepy individual, staff do litlle about it... I girl a met there report to me her new room mate were guys, satff must have asked her first...

• 10th Sep 2015

There is no place to put the clothes and beauty bag while showering. A small desk/board in the bathroom to put clothes on it would be great.

• 9th Sep 2015

Safestay is the nicest hostel I've stayed at so far during my Euro-trip. This hostel is clean, staff was nice & helpful. I loved the individual curtains on each bunk, that made sleeping so much easier! The wifi didn't work for me at all so I spent some time at the McDonald's down the street. The neighborhood seems up and coming, short bus ride to all the fun stuff. I would stay here again for sure.

We didn't have a problem at all. Hostel very tidy and clean with very helpful staff. The WiFi could be better since the signal was poor or none in the lounge, where also closes at 0:00. However, the reception has some kind of lounge where you can stay there 24 hours.

• 6th Sep 2015

Its more like a 4 star hotel.. D best of all d hostels that I ever stayed.

The room was very hot in the night - even with the window open. I was not able to access the internet even with the code provided. It would have been really good to have access to a kettle for making a cup of tea and a 'porridge pot' There was hot water available in the morning from the drinks machines in the bar - but not boiling. Otherwise full marks for being spotlessly clean and very friendly and helpful staff.

• 5th Sep 2015

Nice hostel !hope see you again!only location a litter far from central.

Elephant & Castle is not in Central London but it is actually really easy to go pretty much anywhere from here. Also, Borough is just 15 minutes walking and there is an awesome little market! The hostel itself is really clean, and the room (8 beds + bathroom) really clean and comfy with little curtains and reading lights. Loved the common room with sofas, pool and the courtyard, even tough is was really quiet when we were here. Definitely advice it.

I was a bit dissapointed because there is no kitchen, So I couldn't even boil a water for myself and make a cup of tea.,Check out too early., Everything else was good., very clean,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your recent trip to Safestay. I am sorry that you were disappointed in the lack of a kitchen but this is not something we provide. Hot water, tea and light meals are all available downstairs in the bar. I hope you come back and stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly.