Safestay York Reviews

Micklegate House, 88 - 90 Micklegate, York, England

Overall a great hostel in a nice building. The original bed was too close to the toilet, especially as the room wasnt full on a Sunday night. But the staff were helpfull when I moaned about it. First time I stayed breakfast was in with the price now it is too expensive for what it is. A microwave would show condsideration for guests.

• 26th Jul 2015

Location and building great, excellent for hen parties. However, we had no hot water all weekend, and the communal shower had no hot water either. Showering in freezing cold water was not at all enjoyable! Staff suggested we could get a refund, but I am yet to receive confirmation regarding this.

• 24th Jul 2015

Nice hostel in a good location to get to the main highlights of York. The beds had curtains for privacy and a light for each bed. Not the best hostel for meeting people but nice a clean with a bar, and good wifi in the common areas

This place was wonderful! Don't look anywhere else to stay in York. Stay here! This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. They have wonderful rooms, great facilities, and a polite staff. They have breakfasts in the mornings, lounges for relaxing, and a computer lounge great for getting stuff done while you travel. Close walk from train station and all the main sites in York. You can't find s better hostel anywhere!

This is a really fancy place! Super new bright decorations! Looks great! Clean. Friendly, helpful staff! They let you store your luggage but it is just in an open room but you have to get buzzed into the lobby. My personal opinion is I don't want others dirty laundry why would they want mine, but if that is a problem for you, now you know. Bed was comfortable, loved the sliding light blinders on the beds. The luggage storage under the beds didn't squeak but we're awkward to open and handle.

It would be good if the hostel provided a hanging area to dry wet towels.

• 19th Jul 2015

Very nice hostel, imagine one plug per bed, and curtains around your bed! Good matresses. Very clean and welcoming, very good security. The bathrooms are nice in one whole block, for those in the bedrooms, some others are available to share with other rooms. Very nice eating space breakfast available but not free. For the down sides, no kitchen and no fridge available for guests, and the wifi doesn't work in the rooms. Magnificent building and quite spacious rooms, very nice common areas.

Fantastic location in a beautiful converted house still with some original features. Not slept in bunkbeds in years, however were very comfy.

• 16th Jul 2015

needs a kitchenette.

Excellent couple of nights stay. The black-out curtains around each bunk provide a valuable degree of privacy that was brilliant and much appreciated. An easy walk into town and convenient 24 hour exit/entry. Though it would be useful to have known to bring a padlock for the secure boxes. Overall, an awesome place to stay and I would highly recommend it.

• 16th Jul 2015

It was better before! Now more expensive,no free breakfast,no kitchen facilities,and no lounge after midnight.and now cold showers.how this place passed the fire certificate beats me.

Our first time in a hostel and not our last. Rooms more than adequate, clean and modern looking despite the age of the building, price reasonable, staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely with loads of choice. Beds comfortable and we really appreciated being able to leave our luggage in a secure area after we checked out but before we went home

• 15th Jul 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

We enjoyed our stay! Loved overall look and atmosphere!

• 14th Jul 2015

The only thing I did not like in the hostal was the fact that you didn't have WIFI in the rooms. Because I think that most of the people staying there is from another country and usually we don't have internet in our phones and it's unconfoetable that we have to go downstairs to access it. But apart from that little thing everything was perfect. I also want to point out that the member of the staff that was working in my arrival was very nice and helpfull in every little thing I asked him.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Nice hostel good to finally be able to do laundry. Only downside was a mission to get my bag upstairs why all hostels have so many stairs I will never know

Just might be my all time favorite hostel. Staff is incredible, they really go out of their way to make your stay there the best it can be and they're super friendly and easy to talk to. Everything is clean and the beds have curtains for privacy and to block light which is really nice. The location is perfect, 5 min walk from bus and train station and also 8 min walk from the main city center area. Didn't like that you had to pay for hot water for food purposes though. Seemed slightly ridiculous

A lovely place to stay. I love the history of the rooms. Staff are helpful and friendly but there is no kitchen to cook own meals. Otherwise it's a great place to stay. Not too far from attractions of York either.

• 13th Jul 2015

No kitchen, all else quite good for a hostel.

Staffs there are very helpful. Only has on toilet in room its not enough and hard to maintain clean, but it's still acceptable.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

The hostel was very nice. A hotel atomsphere. Very clean. Plus it was very well decorated. I also liked that you could rent hairdryers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7