Safestay York Reviews

Micklegate House, 88 - 90 Micklegate, York, England

Excellent value for money. Comfortable bed with curtains and a decent breakfast included. Location is great, close to train station and walking distance to everything you want to see in York. Wifi didn't work so well for me even on the ground floor. Staff was helpful and nice. Would recommend. :)

Very Nice!! If in the future I come back to York I'm sure that i come back in this Hostel!

• 23rd Feb 2015

good & lurxy interior enrionment good breakfast

Very good hostel, very modern and well organised. The location is great ! I've spend a very good time ! I would recommend it !

York is a great, and the hostel allows for good affordable accommodation in this expensive city. The breakfast was basic, and cold, and the eating room was only just big enough for the amount of people staying. It would have being useful to have some means of cooking, or even just a microwave oven, a kettle and a sink. Saying all this I would stay again.

Both staff members I spoke to were incredibly polite and helpful. Beds were super comfy, and the duvet was massive - I definitely didn't have any chance of getting cold during the night! The included breakfast was nice.

• 18th Feb 2015

Very nice building and good standard of room. Brilliant location. Good breakfast

• 16th Feb 2015

Nice hostel , friendly staff And great hostelmates

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Very interesting building .funny pictures on walls.staff helpfull especialy Italian lad when I arrived.plaques telling history of rooms good idea .

As I arrived too late for a connecting bus to Leeds from York I decided to lay my head down for the night at safe stay. I have to say I was very impressed with the hostel. From the beginning of my guest journey through to leaving early the next morning I could not fault it at all. Great value, very comfy bed in an immaculately clean and cosy room. I stayed in room 23 and slept like a log. Andrea was very helpful and I'll definitely be back soon. Great hostel. Well done Safe stay York

• 11th Feb 2015

I only saw staff and a couple of guests but everyone was pleasant and helpful, the room was clean, warm and quiet and I'll be returning soon I hope.

• 11th Feb 2015

The rooms where lovely and had curtains for added privacy. This was good in one way, but no one talked to anyone in the room because of this. There was no-one in any of the common areas, eventhough there were people staying in the hostel. There was no athmosphere at all. I sat on my own in the common rooms all three nights I was there. Also my phone would not connect to their WiFi network.

Nice hostel but its pretty expensive. Nice beds, facilities and in a good location. If you can afford the extra few pounds then go for it

The hostel is located close to the train and to the city center. The national rail museum is close by, as well as a shopping center. The bathroom was adequate, though there was some muck on the floor. The WiFi was only available on the ground floor, and it refused to connect in spite of multiple attempts to do so. The lockers are metal rangefinder the bed, with a heavy lid which overbalanced several times and hit me pretty hard on the back.

Perfect stay for two nights thx

My dorm was not enquire & the only toilet/shower/hand basin on this floor was small. 1 between 20 beds is ridiculous.

This was the coldest hostel i stayed in during my backpacking trip through europe, socially and temperature wise. My room and common areas were freezing! I asked for a heater because i was sick, and they only had a small one that was not enough at all. The wifi didnt work during the whole of my stay and the staff didnt seem to care. Showers were very tiny and not so hot, but the rooms were clean and the facilities were nice. This hostel is too expensive for the bad service they provide.

Very dirty place but I decided to cancelled my booking one of the guy that work there said they will charged me 11.60 because of my initial deposit but since but he went ahead and charged 15 pound I think they are just fraudulent people and from the email send to me it was another amount when I callec the hostel back he said some insulting words that I don't know how to read it was a useless words from someone who claim to be a business person

• 30th Jan 2015

The only complaint I have is that it was so cold! I don't think they heat any of the rooms and the water in the shower doesn't get very warm at all. If you stay here just make sure to pack lots of warm clothes if the weather out is cold.

• 30th Jan 2015

The wifi is only available on the main floor, and wasn't workinf for most of my 2 night stay. But the location is good and the staff is very friendly!

« first « Prev 1 2 3