Safestay York Reviews

Micklegate House, 88 - 90 Micklegate, York, England

They should explain how the shower works, because it seems that there is no hot water.

Very pleasant stay. Nice people.

I felt angry about one of the staff. when your finished asking a question in the reception, she began to talked you behind your back. It was so rude. I was just leaving not far away from the reception desk and I can hear ever word you said clearly, ok?

• 27th Jun 2015
  • China

Our room was not restocked with proper items. Each day we had to go down to the front desk to ask for something that was missing such as towels, soap, cups, spoons, etc. Could use no air conditioning warning. Also a soap dish should be added to bathrooms (soap often slipped into the sink when placed on counter). Better lighting needed in the room. At night light from the street is not well blocked. Before arrival, we understood from advertising that breakfast was included, this was not true.

• 26th Jun 2015

This was our first time staying at A hostel.this experience was much far worse than we had expected. We were tired from a long journey from London and expected a nice bed however when we got to our room we realize that the lights were dim and we couldn't see things clearly The towels were Mal washed and we did not feel fully clean the shower and ourselves and drying ourselves with your towels. Overall this hotel gave us a very distinct experience.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Japan

I couldn't figure out how to get hot water to work, so that was a bummer (though totally my fault because I figured out how ten minutes before I checked out). The bathroom had an airplane bathroom vibe, which was unfortunate. Besides that, the rooms were great - reading light, outlets, privacy curtains - I couldn't have asked for more. Just be warned, the room is entirely magenta and purple.

• 24th Jun 2015

No kitchen but everything else was great

Slept in the 12 person mixed dorm. All was great except for the bathroom of one shower and toilet placed in the corner of the room. You couldn't go to use the bathroom without everyone hearing and because there's just one washroom you'd have to wait awhile until you could actually use it. Otherwise though the location, staff, and hostel in general was great and very nice

the 3rd floor bathroom should really be a bit bigger, not much room to change after a shower. There should be a better barrier from shower to toilet as the floor is always wet when your not even using the shower. Otherwise, my stay was pretty good for a 1st time hostel stay. Staff was great = )

Lovely inside, nicest staff you'll ever experience and a relaxed atmosphere about the place, everyone very respectful. Superb hostel

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Second hostel we've slept at. After sleeping at a dirty and beer-smelling hostel full of drunks in Oxford, coming to safestay was unreal. It's heaven in comparison and i'd live here for the entire backpacking trip if i could.

Nice decoration with comfortable bed

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Good centrally placed hostel. Excellent breakfast. Would benefit from Microwave Oven in kitchen area. Helpful staff.

One of the best hostels ever visited. It is super clean, well managed and organized beautiful hostel right across the bridge to the centre. Every each bed has its own curtains, chargers and lamp. I visited York in mid June so it was quiet overall and there were only 2 other guests in dorm for 10. I was so lucky. It was much like a hotel not suitable for party animals though I could hear some people having talk in lounge/bar. I could also leave my bags after check out free of charge. So satisfied

Excelent!!!!!

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

No hot water in one of the bathroom.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Beautiful, newly renovated building. Love the curtains around the bed! Didn't bother with breakfast as I could have something nicer for a similar price at any cafe down the road. Good wifi. Needs more outlets by the beds. Towel rent was 2 pounds plus a 5 pound deposit which I found outrageous. Either pay or deposit, you can't have it both ways! Bathroom was absolutely tiny, it was ridiculous. They must have spent all their money on decor and not bothered with proper bathrooms.

Amazing location and great rooms, and some lovely staff members. Although, there was kitchen what-so-ever. Not even a fridge to keep your food in. Wasn't allowed to eat in the dining room while the people who payed for breakfast were eating in there. But again, great rooms even for a 12.

Clean, friendly, cute hostel just outside the city centre but well within walking distance. Plaques on the wall tell the historic significance of the building. Staff answered all my questions and helped me with a cup of hot water when I was sick with a cold. Definitely recommend. My only issues were the dining area shut down after breakfast and there was no way to get any beverage (hot water, tea, coffee, etc) and there should be more plugs in the room. And better wifi in the room, too.

There are no single size room, this is a little bit unconvient. My friend and I live with a couple , It's quite embrassed because the sleep in a bed together and often chat a lot ,you know.Anyway, I still like this hostel.

• 15th Jun 2015