Safestay York Reviews

Micklegate House, 88 - 90 Micklegate, York, England

Nicest hostel I've stayed in. Very helpful staff and comfortable rooms. Really liked having an en-suite bathroom! The location is perfect too.

• 16th Sep 2014

Safestay is housed in a beautiful building and the location is close to most things. This is the least hostel like hostel I've ever stayed in though. The common area is a single lounge room with mirrored walls and a TV constantly blaring top 40s music videos. There isn't anywhere to sit, hang out and meet other people. You don't have access to facilities for a simple cup of tea or coffee. The woman at reception refused to refrigerate important medicine and was rude to us and the other staff.

• 11th Sep 2014

Clean hostel in neat building. Helpful front desk staff. I was there for seven days and the internet was working at most 30% of the time. No guest kitchen or even a microwave. Forget about making tea or coffee...except for at breakfast time. No laundry to wash clothes. Hostel is close to the city center and train and bus center.

Located in a beautiful building and very close to the train station and the York Walls. Definitely worth it. The staff was super nice and helpful.

• 8th Sep 2014

Great historical building and great location. It's really close from railway station and not far from the historical city center.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

The building is very beautiful and old!! The bed and room was clean and comfortable. We had locker under the bed that was really important for me. The stuff was always nice and helpful. Breakfast was not good in my opinion... I missed real coffee (that probably doesn't exist in UK? ;)) So better drink tea! They have cornflakes or frosties with milk and croissants and marmelade and apples. The location is perfect! :) The toilet was blocked when I arrived and the bathroom is very small.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Everything was OK, but the breakfast could be a little better. Maybe a toaster and some bread wouldn't hurt. Also the locker room where you can leave your luggage before you leave was unlocked and anyone could access it: I think that it should only be opened by the staff of the hostel.

Very clean and tidy. Great price and good location.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Nice place and location. Short walk from railway stn.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

Excelllent

• 20th Aug 2014

The facilities are excellent, there was just thing that should be improved: mattresses need to be inspected and some of them have to be changed - I had LUMPS in mine (springs sticking out?) and could not get much sleep as a result.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Russia

I only stayed one night at Safestay York Hostel, but I thought it was great value for money. I really enjoyed how the hostel was located in an old Victorian building, and they tried to maintain that character. Breakfast was good. Nice location, close to the train station. Very convenient. The only problem I had is that both storage lockers under my bunk were broken, making it impossible to lock. .Luckily I had a flexible bike lock so I could lock it. Didn't feel safe leaving my valuables there.

Thank you for offering this valuable place at an affordable price. I am grateful.

• 16th Aug 2014

Even though it was summer I was very lucky and had a room for 6 all for myself. The place was clean and the building very attractive. I loved all the information about the history of the building. The beds could have been a bit more comfortable but for 2 nights it was very suitable. Thanks!

• 15th Aug 2014

The location is very good, as it is near the station. The building is really nice!! It's clean and functional. The staff is helpful. It was pretty quiet when I was there, but I liked it very much.

Nice place to stay. It's kept really clean and everything has been done up really nicely. Breakfast is included, but beware there is no kitchen, which is a bit annoying. It's almost more like a B

Fantastic oldstyle decor. Not worn but old fashioned. Nice breakfast. Cool place. Friendly staff. Got a bunch of recomendations on what to see. Close to it all. Go! Just go!! :)

My favorite hostel I've ever stayed at. Was here twice ten years apart and loved it both times.

A very clean and professional hostel in a good location. Not much atmosphere if you are travelling alone, but a great location within walking distance to the main attractions of York. There is no lift and the stairs are narrow, so beware if travelling with heavy luggage and you are on floor 2 or 3!

Overall a good hostel where you get what you pay for. There was one toilet/shower for a room of 14 people which wasn't quite enough in the morning. The locks on both mine and my friends baggage lockers didn't work. Beautiful building in a great location. Don't drink the "orange juice"

« first « Prev 1 2 3