Safestay York Reviews

Micklegate House, 88 - 90 Micklegate, York, England

Really enjoyed the place, nicely surprised when got there.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Hostel has very friendly staff. I like beds with curtains. But it was a bit chilly in rooms and the floors were dirty. I really liked breakfast.

the hostel is good, clean and nice decorated, staff is very welcoming. it is near to national train station, walking distance about 10 to 15 minutes to the town near york minster, highly recommend.

I stayed at Staysafe on Easter Saturday which seemed quite busy generally in the city and in the hostel. I didn't spend too much time there other than dropping my bags off then returning at about 9am to relax, have a shower and go to sleep. There was a lot going on in the hostel and on the streets, but to be honest I was so tired from a long day of exploring it didn't bother me too much. The mattress was a little too firm but overall the stay was quite pleasant and comfortable.

• 4th Apr 2015

Hi there, I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in York - it is a beautiful city with lots to explore. We hope you stay at Safestay again next time you come to York. Thank you Kelly

Really great location and a really cool building. The beds had privacy hangings and the personal lights were a nice touch. However the wifi was so slow and sometimes didn't work at all and the staff was not super helpful. But expensive as well, probably worth it out of the other York Hostels though.

• 4th Apr 2015

helpful staffs, good location, clean room, but the sound-proofing is really bad. We can clearly hear our neighbors talking and laughing.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • China

Great place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. The only disadvantage with staying here is the fact that is has all of the 'problems' of an old house-no soundproofing. You can hear everything upstairs/next door etc. as if they are in the room with you!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Greece

Thank you for your review! The staff love hearing nice things about them so I will be sure to pass this on. I hope the noise didn't keep you up all night. We hope to see you again at Safestay York. Thank you Kelly

Wifi was slow and would drop out. I had to walk down the street to use public wifi to make booking etc. Not something they will fix so don't stay if you need wifi, PC on LAN use is a pound for 30mins. Place presents well, beds are shaky making it hard to sleep, and very few power points around the place. Breakfast was excellent, good washing facilities. Too few toilets/showers.

Really comfortable beds, and the curtains are great! Too bad they don't have kitchen.

I really enjoyed my stay at Safestay York . I was very pleased with my room (twin bed) and the way the house was decorated (mixing bright colours and historical things is a good idea !!!!) . Being so near to the train station and the city centre is also an asset . The only thing which was quite poor was the breakfast, too light (no bread, no butter, no fruit....) and served in a very cold room .However, I have already started recommending your place to my friends and family !!!

• 31st Mar 2015

I had a very pleasant stay at the Safestay in York. The hostel was very clean, the curtains around the beds added an extra level of privacy (and darkness) and everything looked new, with comfy bedding. This was the first hostel I ever stayed in that provided the top bunk beds with ladders... The free luggage room was also very welcome. There wasn't much interaction between the guests, but apart from that it was a great stay!

• 30th Mar 2015

Only stayed one night but the place and staff were fantastic. Really clean and warm rooms. Can't wait to stay again!!! G

• 29th Mar 2015

Hi - thanks for such a great review! We look forward to having you stay at Safestay again in the future. Kind Regards, Kelly

Great location for exploring York. Nice old building with some history, but modern inside while still having a bit of character. Bit of bass noise from a nearby club (I guess) but nothing to keep you awake. Friendly staff.

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to read that you heard a bit of noise from the nearby clubs - I am pleased that it did not keep you awake. We love getting out and exploring York so I am pleased that you were able to do this too. We look forward to welcoming you to Safestay again in the future. Kind regards, Kelly.

Loved the curtains on the beds and the lights and amount of outlets. Was a weekday so not a huge amount of people hanging out in the common area

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you benefited from the extra touches like curtains around the bed and individual lights. You will have to come back and stay with us again on a weekend so you can really enjoy the atmosphere of the hostel. Kind regards, Kelly.

On arriving I was amazed how smart the hostel appeared.The staff were helpful and the location great being 400 metres from the Train station and bus coach stop. The value was outstanding and the breakfast sufficient . The dorm was excellent with en suite toilet and shower . It is situated on a main road a short walk from the centre of the city.I stayed 3 days and would love to return there as it was so easy to get onto the city wall at Mickel Bar gate. All the decor was to the highest standard.

• 17th Mar 2015

Thank you for such an awesome review! We have worked really hard on the hostel refurbishment and are pleased to hear that the efforts have paid off. We love being so centrally located and are pleased that you are able to benefit from this too. We look forward to welcoming you to Safestay York again in the future. Thank you, Kelly.

This place is absolutely beautiful, in a central location, and has plaques dotted around the building detailing its history, which is a nice touch. The beds also have curtains, reading lights and plugs - super handy! However, it is one of the most expensive hostels I have stayed at in the UK, with wifi that only works in the ground floor, and it seems to be a favourite among the party crowd - not so good if you want to sleep or spend a quiet evening.

It's fine, the staff is great, and the place is nice, but it is not a hostel, it is a hotel. Shared rooms does not mean to be hostel. Take more care in recommending guests to be quiet.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

thank you for your positive review! We pride ourselves on our high standards so are pleased to hear that you found the hostel nice and likened it to hotel quality. We will take on board your comments about the noise of other guests and hope to see you in York again soon. Thank you, Kelly.

Excellent value for money. Comfortable bed with curtains and a decent breakfast included. Location is great, close to train station and walking distance to everything you want to see in York. Wifi didn't work so well for me even on the ground floor. Staff was helpful and nice. Would recommend. :)

Very Nice!! If in the future I come back to York I'm sure that i come back in this Hostel!

• 23rd Feb 2015

good & lurxy interior enrionment good breakfast

« first « Prev 1 2 3