Safestay York Reviews

Micklegate House, 88 - 90 Micklegate, York, England

Only stayed one night but the place and staff were fantastic. Really clean and warm rooms. Can't wait to stay again!!! G

• 29th Mar 2015

Great location for exploring York. Nice old building with some history, but modern inside while still having a bit of character. Bit of bass noise from a nearby club (I guess) but nothing to keep you awake. Friendly staff.

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to read that you heard a bit of noise from the nearby clubs - I am pleased that it did not keep you awake. We love getting out and exploring York so I am pleased that you were able to do this too. We look forward to welcoming you to Safestay again in the future. Kind regards, Kelly.

Loved the curtains on the beds and the lights and amount of outlets. Was a weekday so not a huge amount of people hanging out in the common area

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you benefited from the extra touches like curtains around the bed and individual lights. You will have to come back and stay with us again on a weekend so you can really enjoy the atmosphere of the hostel. Kind regards, Kelly.

On arriving I was amazed how smart the hostel appeared.The staff were helpful and the location great being 400 metres from the Train station and bus coach stop. The value was outstanding and the breakfast sufficient . The dorm was excellent with en suite toilet and shower . It is situated on a main road a short walk from the centre of the city.I stayed 3 days and would love to return there as it was so easy to get onto the city wall at Mickel Bar gate. All the decor was to the highest standard.

• 17th Mar 2015

Thank you for such an awesome review! We have worked really hard on the hostel refurbishment and are pleased to hear that the efforts have paid off. We love being so centrally located and are pleased that you are able to benefit from this too. We look forward to welcoming you to Safestay York again in the future. Thank you, Kelly.

This place is absolutely beautiful, in a central location, and has plaques dotted around the building detailing its history, which is a nice touch. The beds also have curtains, reading lights and plugs - super handy! However, it is one of the most expensive hostels I have stayed at in the UK, with wifi that only works in the ground floor, and it seems to be a favourite among the party crowd - not so good if you want to sleep or spend a quiet evening.

It's fine, the staff is great, and the place is nice, but it is not a hostel, it is a hotel. Shared rooms does not mean to be hostel. Take more care in recommending guests to be quiet.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

thank you for your positive review! We pride ourselves on our high standards so are pleased to hear that you found the hostel nice and likened it to hotel quality. We will take on board your comments about the noise of other guests and hope to see you in York again soon. Thank you, Kelly.

Excellent value for money. Comfortable bed with curtains and a decent breakfast included. Location is great, close to train station and walking distance to everything you want to see in York. Wifi didn't work so well for me even on the ground floor. Staff was helpful and nice. Would recommend. :)

Very Nice!! If in the future I come back to York I'm sure that i come back in this Hostel!

• 23rd Feb 2015

good & lurxy interior enrionment good breakfast

Very good hostel, very modern and well organised. The location is great ! I've spend a very good time ! I would recommend it !

York is a great, and the hostel allows for good affordable accommodation in this expensive city. The breakfast was basic, and cold, and the eating room was only just big enough for the amount of people staying. It would have being useful to have some means of cooking, or even just a microwave oven, a kettle and a sink. Saying all this I would stay again.

Both staff members I spoke to were incredibly polite and helpful. Beds were super comfy, and the duvet was massive - I definitely didn't have any chance of getting cold during the night! The included breakfast was nice.

• 18th Feb 2015

The place looked like a palace and it was beautiful! Staff were really friendly and I liked the atmosphere. The place was really clean too and I had a pleasant stay.

Very nice building and good standard of room. Brilliant location. Good breakfast

• 16th Feb 2015

Nice hostel , friendly staff And great hostelmates

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Very interesting building .funny pictures on walls.staff helpfull especialy Italian lad when I arrived.plaques telling history of rooms good idea .

As I arrived too late for a connecting bus to Leeds from York I decided to lay my head down for the night at safe stay. I have to say I was very impressed with the hostel. From the beginning of my guest journey through to leaving early the next morning I could not fault it at all. Great value, very comfy bed in an immaculately clean and cosy room. I stayed in room 23 and slept like a log. Andrea was very helpful and I'll definitely be back soon. Great hostel. Well done Safe stay York

• 11th Feb 2015

I only saw staff and a couple of guests but everyone was pleasant and helpful, the room was clean, warm and quiet and I'll be returning soon I hope.

• 11th Feb 2015

The rooms where lovely and had curtains for added privacy. This was good in one way, but no one talked to anyone in the room because of this. There was no-one in any of the common areas, eventhough there were people staying in the hostel. There was no athmosphere at all. I sat on my own in the common rooms all three nights I was there. Also my phone would not connect to their WiFi network.

Nice hostel but its pretty expensive. Nice beds, facilities and in a good location. If you can afford the extra few pounds then go for it

« first « Prev 1 2 3