Safestay York Reviews

Micklegate House, 88 - 90 Micklegate, York, England

I've stayed in backpackers hostels all over the world and they've put a lot of money into this one. It's done out really nicely inside if you don't mind the colour purple. Guy on reception was friendly and helpful when I arrived. It seemed more popular with school groups however so not sure how great it would be as a backpacker on your own. The only thing I found was the shower was a bit scummy. I'd deffo recommend flip flops for your feet.

• 20th May 2015

Great stay, no problems, does what it says on the tin!

• 16th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

very nice hostel , beatiful building, very well situated in the center of York, a great place to stay.

Thank you for your review - we love our central location so I am pleased that you did too. We hope to see you again soon at Safestay York. Thank you Kelly

Nice place to stay! Lovely customer sevice team. The only thing is WIFI was not available in the rooms.

• 11th May 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for your review. We have the WiFi working only in the common areas so people get to enjoy the whole atmosphere of the hostel. We hope you come and stay with us again next time you are in York. Kind Regards, Kelly

One of the most interresting building I have stayed in so far.In fact my favourite place in York.The colour of the decor quite lmpressed me. I would stay nowhere else in York.

Thank you very much for such great feedback. A lot of thought went into the decor and style of the building so it is good to hear such nice things. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Kelly

The staff were amazing, in particular Andrea on reception was exceptionally helpful and polite. On many occasions he proved to be an exceptional asset to your hostel!

Thank you so much for this comment - I am sure that Andreas will be really happy to hear such nice things said about him. Kind Regards, Kelly

The breakfast was in my opinion bitterly disappointing. No toast only croissants, no roll or normal bread. Nothing really what you can choose from, only croissants with jam. I paid 32 Pounds per night and got only croissant with jam. On the second day I bought my own breakfast from a supermarket nearby. I stay quite often in hostels but your breakfast was the poorest so far and usually I need to pay for a hostel only about 22 Pounds per night.

• 8th May 2015

This hostel is really modern, which triggers a super atmosphere . The rooms are not that big , but there is a toilet and a shower in every room, which is a plus. But otherwise aren't there that many toilets and showers. Furthermore is that breakfast rather nice you're not able to find that choice in many other hostels, the only thing that wasn't good is that they offer breakfast from 7-9 am( even at the weekends) which I find a bit too early. All in all is a very nice hostel!!

• 8th May 2015

Thank you for such positive feedback. Sorry that you found the breakfast a bit early - it gives you the chance to go out and make the most of your stay! We are pleased you liked the hostel and hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Kelly

Beautifully decorated and in close proximity to train and city center

I have a great time in York and the hostel was amazing, there are no real get togheter spaces and beeing alone in my 10 bedroom room I didn't really have the possibility to meet a lot of people but the guys of the staff were really helpful and friendly. If I'm coming back to York, and I hope I will cause I really loved the city, I will for sure stay here again.

One of the best hostel I have never been.

A very beautiful, clean and well located hostel; the personnel is nice. But they couldn't find us a taxi, and the bar was closed at 10pm on a Saturday night and we couldn't even play a pool in the room, even without drinking anything. A bit disappointing! A good point was to have the possibility to let our stuff at the hostel after the checkoff, even if the room is not locked.

Thank you for your review - it's always good to receive feedback. I am pleased that on the whole you had a good stay and that you appreciated the cleanliness and the location of the hostel. We hope you come and stay with us again another time. Thank you Kelly

It's a pretty big hostel and I had a four bed dorm in the basement. During the night you could hear the bass noises from a nearby club. There is a nice looking bar in the hostel, but the prices are overpriced to get a real meeting point for especially the solo travellers.

Fantastic place to stay, would highly recommend. Only major drawbacks was a lack of Wi-Fi and kitchen.

All the staff we dealt with were friendly & helpful...the only issue we has was the floor in the bathroom became very slippery after the shower had been used and there was no mop or anything to dry it with... Other than that it's a great place to stay in York..... There were 8 of us in the 8 bed dorm

• 25th Apr 2015

Very comfortable clean Hosel, Wifi did not work however which was a drag. Also pretty expensive

A very nice, clean hostel. Good location. As far as I could tell, the hostel didn't have any kitchen facilities available to guests (on the plus side, this meant I didn't need to wash my own dishes when eating breakfast they offer!). The rooms were clean and beds were comfy. My only complaint is that the shower/toilet cubicle in the room was small and reminded me of an airplane bathroom. There is NO soundproofing in the toilet - everyone in the room can hear everything you do in there!

• 23rd Apr 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a school group there so it was constantly loud, but that wasn't the hostels fault. I liked all of the labels for each room telling you what the rooms would have been used for centuries ago.

Beautiful and newly refurbished hostel.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Poland

No wifi connection at all during my 2 nights stay although my devices received the signal but the staff was helpful in providing free computer usage to compensate for the internet loss. Room is quite soundproofed so this is good for light sleepers. Toilets are clean except they should place a mat since the floor is slippery after every shower. Beds and blankets are very comfy No kitchen to prepare your beverage.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we really appreciate all the feedback we get. I am sorry that you had problems with the WiFi access during your stay but I am pleased that the staff were able to help you out with this. I hope you got to go out and enjoy the wide range of food and drink that York has to offer. Kind Regards, Kelly

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4