Saga Youth Hostel Reviews

No,9 Shijia Hutong, Nanxiaojie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

The hostel is quite nice, the service we received by the staff was partially good, it was not good in their restaurant area there it was a very bad service.

Saga hostel is a great hostel to stay in. It’s located close to a subway stop, walk distance of Forbidden City (30 min) and a big shopping street called Wangfuijing (10 min). Close to the hostel there are a few places to eat for very cheap. Also the roof is amazing, it is allowed to sit up the roof and you can order from there all different kinds of drinks and food. The only thing you should be aware of that this hostel has also many privates room. Half of the people are couples or families, wh

Great hostel! Clean, friendly staff, good environment, nice food, good location. I would highly recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Peru

I don't normally leave a review but this place is so awesome I have to recommend it to everyone. If you are looking for a place close to city center in a nice mix neighborhood and walking distance to metro station, the location can't be beat. The cafe is awesome and the happy hour always draw a crowd. Lots of people from all over the world and very friendly staffs. Highly recommend booking the Great Wall tour with the hostel!

• 3rd Oct 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel very much. It was a good place to rest which was the main reason for my stay there.

Staff is very helpful, smiley and pleasant

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Israel

Came back here for the second time and wasn't disappointed! The atmosphere in the hostel is great - a really good place for solo travelers to meet other people. Close to a subway station which connects you easily to the main sights and the airport. Rail station really close. Only complaint I had is that the staff didn't take my notification of my stolen phone charger - acted like these things never happen in their hostel and that I probably lost it myself.

Thanks for your review,we have ask the person who saty your room, and the house keeper,they did not aee your charger.

Given you're in Beijing, the Hostel's location is pretty good and convenient relative to the Train station. The internet might not have been the best due to high traffic I guess, but they fixed for the latter stages of my stay. Got upgrade to from a dorm to a 4 person room, so it was pretty good. Some people might complain about the bed being not too comfy, but I've had worse. Free towel and shampoo and body wash in the shower is a plus. Food at the hostel is decent too. The staff were great.

Loved the Hostel and the Tours! Best one I have stayed at thus far!

• 1st Oct 2014

Showers were great, every dorm had lockers for your valuables and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant is overpriced but the food is quite good, as is the coffee. Very close to many cheaper restaurants, supermarkets, ATMs etc. It's in the middle of a hutong, so the it feels as if it's sheltered from the hustle and bustle of Beijing, yet it's 5 minutes walk from 3 different subway stations. All in all a very good place to stay.

The location was the only slight negative. Although the directions from the subway station were clear, the road to the hostel was a bit dark to be walking home by myself in the evening. Everything else was great though!

• 22nd Sep 2014

good hostel, close to everything, will recommend. The bar- restaurant is expensive and does not bring the travellers together. Use to be better 8 years ago.

Very nice hostel with super friendly staff and facilities. Especially the balcony on the rooftop was awesome. Had a great time here, would definitly recommend this hostel!

My favourite accommodation in Beijing as always!

The staff as a whole was extremely helpful. Peach helped with carrying our bags to our floor. Cafe had a "dumpling party" which was fun and was something different. Extended our stay for 3 additional nights. Walking distance to subway. Nothing to complain about. What made our stay excellent was the staff.

• 10th Sep 2014

It is nice hostel. Not the best, but good. Prices for breakfast are to expensive as for hotel, but taste good, except of pancakes! You can make it better, the one I got tasted terrible! The hostel is clean, unfortunately has no common area, only bar and bar on rooftop, but its ok. Nice place to stay few days

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

I had an excellent stay at Saga! The staff were very helpful, the bar/restaurant was convenient, it was clean, and close to the metro down a cute, quiet hutong! Thank you.

Good hostel with multiple room options that is located in an alley next to a luxurious area. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm which had 4 twin-sized beds, lockers, air conditioner, and a private bathroom with Western toilet and shower. The hostel is a 5-10 minute walk down the alley to the nearest metro station, Dengshikou. The hostel hosts a bar/restaurant in the lobby. Although it was a great stay, the management needs to fix their WiFi connectivity throughout hostel and their credit card machine.

A very clean hostel with a young vibe. Overall I would recommend this hostel: It's set on a nice, quiet street, the staff are very helpful, you can do tours to great wall, etc. However, the beds are hard which affected my sleep, there's no communal area except for the bar/restaurant, there's no freebies like tea or coffee, and the bar food is quite dear. But overall, go for it, this hostel had a nice vibe for a 4 day stay in Beijing.

It was really good youth hostel. I enjoyed my staying there, and the staff were all very kind. Wish the shower tap was more changeable(ex- one water line, many water line, etc.)

• 5th Sep 2014