Saga Youth Hostel Reviews

No,9 Shijia Hutong, Nanxiaojie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

the staff were very friendly and helpful had a lovely stay, we stayed as a family and was very accommodating for us with children, lovely local places to eat out.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hello and thanks for your stay our hostel. In the future, we committed to offer fully and premium service to our customers. We hope that you hava a good trip, and see you next time.

The staff were great, spoke excellent English for us and went out of their way to help us, even going so far as to double check the tour we booked wasn't a scam. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends. Thank you!

Good place. We arrived at 2:30 am, and staff were there at the reception. Very welcoming and helping! Rooms are clean and quiet, but expensive. But for Beijing, it is a good value ! Just be careful to scams around...

• 26th Jun 2015

Hello and thanks for your stay.Hope you can stay longer here.

Stayed at Private twin room for 4 nights. The room was clean and pleasant for the price.The staff I met all speak good English, could be better than some Chinese 5 star hotels' staffs, so you won't have any trouble in communication. Minor negative points are, 1 The room smelled smoky so bad.. 2 Only a few staff at front, sometimes long ques. 3 No shared space to chill out except the bar. Quite average but no disappointing.

The staff was really friendly. Even the cleaning ladies who didn't know any English would greet me "Ni hao!" each time we passed by each other.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Nice hostel with comfy beds and decent showers (that strangely never had a line) that is really let down by a lack of common room, bar aside. Would be nice to have somewhere to eat food bought outside when it is raining or cold. Otherwise really nice.

Hello and thanks for your stay.We have a terrace onside,also we will improve more in the future.

Overall great hostel. The staff was really helpful. I spoke broken Chinese with them and they were patient talking with me and helping me find my way around. They also speak English and it's very understandable. Not the cleanest hostel but the location is perfect when traveling around Beijing to see all the different sites. They have an awesome travel package for the Great Wall. I was disappointed in the acrobat show, so when choosing the travel package, I would choose the Kungfu show.

Saga Youth Hostel offers a fun atmosphere and a great bar and restaurant. The staff knew very good english and the Great Wall Trip was well worth the money. It is a little bit of a walk from the closest subway station (5 to 10 min) and the neighborhood was very quiet at night.

• 20th Jun 2015

Candice the manager is the nicest hostel staff have ever met so sweet, so nice, so friendly I really enjoyed my staying there and meet definitely good people I will not forget

Hello and thanks for your stay.We all had a good time with you here...Hope everything goes well in Aus.

The hotel was too expensive and not located in a convenient area. The staff was not willing to help us to reach Jingshanling by ourselves as they wanted us to take their tour. Also there is nothing to do evening time around the hotel and quite dark at not to reach the follow as the subway is located outside of the hutong 10-12 min away. Also we have been quite disappointed with the room, the light was broken. Really too expensive and bad location.

Hello and thanks for your stay.you booked room long time ago,it was a lower price for the room already compared to others because of the holiday.The light was not broken,just you did wrong way.We had actities in the bar during the festival.You checked at midnight ,so it is dark outside but the location is not that bad for the spots nearby.Also about the Great Wall,it is just very far and hard to go by yourself,and staff here did check the information for you on internet.But we will improve more

Fantastic staff, really encourage guests to be social, made my trip to Beijing oh so much better. Would definitely stay again.

• 17th Jun 2015

Hello and thanks for your stay.hope to see you next time!

The stay was fine, but I thought it would have more of a lively scene. I liked the curtains on the beds and the access to the place to handwash clothes.

Excelent hostel, really couldn't fault it.

Everything just works

Clean room, easy going staff, excellent location, recommend it!

Hello and thanks for your stay.

Great hostel experience! Would definitely stay here again if I needed a place in Beijing. The facilities were clean and the beds were comfortable. The location, albeit a bit of a walk from the subway station, is very peaceful an beautiful; right amidst a traditional hutong. The roof patio was incredible for sunsets. A special shout-out to Candice for being especially helpful and all-around a great help (还有一个男生,不好意思我想不出名字来,他也非常友好!).

• 14th Jun 2015

Hello and thanks for your stay.We all had a good time here and sorry that you change the hostel because of the fully booked rooms here--see you next time

The staff was so friendly and very helpful. My friend and I stayed in a two person private room and absolutely loved it. It was like staying at a hotel but better, cleaner and cheaper :). Breakfast foods were so so, I wouldn't write home about breakfast but it was better than having no food offered. The price however, was not expensive either.

• 13th Jun 2015

Hello and thanks for your stay.We are happy that you had a good time here.we will improve more about the food quality,hope see you again!--saga youth hostel

Great! Keep up the awesome work guys!

• 12th Jun 2015

Hello and thanks for your stay---hope you come back someday and we will doing better.-saga youth hostel

Great hostel - good and clean facilities. They have a good restaurant with hookah and a nice rooftop. Environment is easy to meet people and the tours were good.

Helloa and thanks for your stay.We are happy that you had a good and short time here--saga youth hostel

Saga Hostel was a great time. The atmosphere was very conducive to making friends with other backpackers. The trip to the Great Wall organized through the hostel was perfect. The staff was very helpful, especially Candice. Great bar with a happy hour as well. The hostel was conveniently located downtown but also in a secluded area far from the hustle and bustle of Beijing.

Hello and thanks for your stay.So gald to hear that you made a lot friends here.Hope see you soon after the trip.--saga youth hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7