Saga Youth Hostel Reviews

No,9 Shijia Hutong, Nanxiaojie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Lovely hostel, stayed in a three person private room with my partner and a friend and the room was clean and spacious with a wet-room ensuite (very glad it had a western toilet)! We also went on the Great Wall at Jinshanling organised tour which was a fantastic experience, although the tour guide did leave us on our own half way around the tour, so if you're hoping to have some one describe the wall every step of the way then maybe this isn't the tour for you.

Best hostel ever! It was amazingly heated (it was -5 outside) everywhere, the staff were incredible, the room was great, the bar had everything you could have asked for, great food for when you just need a burger! A top place and would recommend!

This is a great hostel in a fantastic location. They were really helpful and friendly. Really good English all round and really patient when I tried speaking Chinese. The tours they run from the hostel are great too! Go to Mutianyu and ride the toboggan!

Great location for sightseeing, confortable and really good tour to the wall. If you take the tour to the wall dont listen to the guide there is definetly time to walk to the old part and also take the taboggin down you just need to keep going and not stop for too long at the top. Hostel only seems to do western food which is quite expensive but if you tuen left and walk to the top of the road there are tons of food options, i recommend the dumpling house dinner for 2 and under 30rmb

优越的地理位置,位于王府井商圈,交通便利。房间很干净,尤其是前台,酒吧的小女孩们非常热情贴心。酒吧氛围很不错,还会再来的哦。

• 13th Jan 2015
  • China

Saga youth hostel is the best hostel I stayed at during my visit to China. The staff was extremely friendly and happy to help with any needs or concerns I may have had. Additionally they included sheets for privacy in the rooms which is something I was very happy about. The atmosphere was great, but with a little difficulty meeting other travelers( I was in Beijing during the low season). Otherwise I would absolutely suggest this hostel to anyone visiting Beijing.

Please do not advertise that you have wifi when in fact you do not have it.

Dear Guest We do have wifi here.It is a little slow during that time. we already fixed it .. welcome back again and thanks

A fab little hostel located in the characteristic Shijia Hutong. The staff were very welcoming and spoke good English and there was a mix of people when we stayed of different nationalities and ages (including a family) which is nice to see. Was easy to arrange a trip to the Great Wall through the hostel (Badaling, Mutianyu or Jinshanling) and they were happy to answer questions about other attractions, how to get there etc. The bar was good value (esp during happy hour) and rooms cleaned daily.

I really enjoyed my stay at Saga Youth Hostel, the staff was really helpful and ready to help at any time. The only bad thing was that we were 5 people travelling together and we had to split into two groups in order to have a bed because the 6 beds dorm that we booked was already full but this put apart it was a really good experience there!

• 10th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

No common room where you can eat things you bought outside the hostel. Only a restaurant with loud music. The backpacker atmosphere of usual hostels is missing. If you have the chance to be on he third floor you will be welcomed by two fish bowls with a water as black as coal and dead plants. No need to say that they fish are floating on top. The wifi is very bad. I have been in a lot of hostel in China and this is the poorest one I've had.

挺好的在一个老北京胡同里边,宾馆的员工都很热情。有机会还会来的。

• 8th Jan 2015
  • China

The hostel is quite nice with very friendly, helpful staff. It is located in a hutong quarter, so it is quite enjoyable to walk around to have a taste of old Beijing. I would highly recommend it :)

• 7th Jan 2015
  • China

The directions need to be updated. "Exit the subway and cross the street directly in front of you. Then turn and walk to the left. The HuTong will be the first on your right."

Extremely impressed. Definitely seems like a lot attention to detail has been given.

Good hostel with a good location though food a little lacking in quality and no option for Chinese food at all!

My bed was dirty when I arrived! Dirty sheets; even blood on the pillow. The internet is annoying to log into for the first time. Also, another complaint: No free area to hang out in other than the restaurant. I don't want to spend a lot of money on food and drink. I just want a place to sit and talk to my friends!

Keep it up

Helpful staffs , great location, nice bar, clean toilet...try it and you will know. Buses and subway all within short distance.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The room was nice, spaceous, clean and in good shape. Big and comfortable bed (we stayed in a double room for 6 nights). Nice location in a hutong, not far from Tiananmen sq. Close to well connected metro stop. The staff are all really helpful and nice. Their restaurant/cafe has a relaxed and cool atmosphere. I only have positive things to say :)

Very convenient location about 5 minute walk from subway station. Staff spoke great English and were very helpful when there were any problems. Great little bar in the hostel that is an easy place to meet other people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5