Saga Youth Hostel Reviews

No,9 Shijia Hutong, Nanxiaojie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

I paid at arrival by card. But, they said not done and asked me to pay. Finaly, i waste 15 minutes to dicuss and ask them re-check.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Vietnam

Hello and thanks for your stay.We are so sorry about the touble we caused about that,because we had new staff here for internship.It wont happen again.

Very good hostel with nice staff. They offer big rooms, luggage storage for free, towels and even shampoo in the shower. But there is NO kitchen or even fridge or plate, they offer just a restaurant / bar on the ground floor - it's not possible to prepare anything by yourself.

Hello and thanks for your stay.We will improve more here and hope you come back again

one of the cheaper hostels in city but good. staf is friendly and willing to help. good atmosphere and rooftop garden. approximately 10 minutes walking from nearest metro station

Hello and thanks for your stay.Hope see you again

Very nice stay, I shared my room with cool young people. Enough space for everyone and you can still get some privacy thanks to the curtains around your bed. A really good deal for foreigners who want a comfortable place. Not the best to meet locals though =)

Hello, thanks for you stay our hostel. We hope that you have a nice trip. See you again

Thoroughly recommend this hostel. The staff were great, and a couple ( including Candice) had good English as well. Booked train tickets for us (recommended, as the Chinese ticketing system for foreigners is mental and needs a lot of queuing ). Best bit is the bar, not the cheapest but had loads of good beers and a great place to meet other travelle. Food was ok, although the pizza was very good. Location is so-so, it's a good 10 minute fast walk to the nearest tube station but that is Beijing.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Hello and thanks for your stay,we are happy that you had a good time and made a lot friends here.hope see you again

Saga presented a haven of a hostel. All was clean and the atmosphere supportive to good rest. I slept in an 8 bed dorm and felt grateful for the personal reading light on each bunk as well as the electrical outlet fixed to each bunk's head board. Each bunk also had a curtain to privatize the sleeping space. Good stuff!! The staff spoke with friendly enthusiasm and there was ample information for Beijing's sights and attractions. Saga is an excellent hostel! Go stay there!

• 16th Jul 2015

Hello and thanks for yor stay.We hope see you next time with more friends.

expensive foods/drinks, bar shouldn't close early

Hello and thanks for your stay.The western food here is the average price,because this is a hostel ,we have to close the bar after the midnight to make sure everyone had a good sleep.Hope you can come back again

Great location, clean rooms, super friendly staff, nice cafe/bar. No complaints here!

Hello and thanks for your stay.we hope you had a good time in china

Rooms were clean but basic; AC wasn't working in my room, which was miserable, but staff found a standing fan. The cafe attached to the hostel is absolutely awesome with a great selection of well-priced Belgian beers, so +++ for atmosphere. Overall, great time, within 20 minutes walking distance of Wangfujing.

Hello and thanks for you stay our hostel. We will try our best to improve our serivce and facilities. We hope that next time you choose our hostel again. See you next time.

Nice hostel with friendly staff that speak english well, located in a quiet Hutong. There isn't much close by but the hostel has a bar with craft beer and a nice rooftop, although more could be done in terms of atmosphere. The metro is a short walk away.

Staff really friendly and helpful.

Hello and thanks for your stay.Hope see you again

I had an excellent experience. The bar was nice, the staff was awesome, and the rooms were great. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Hello and thanks for your stay.You should stay here longer,see you soon

Some of the best showers I have had on my trip! Also, the bar is a great place to meet other travelers/expats living in the area. You get a free beer upon arrival & the staff speaks incredible English and are always willing to help you write down addresses/talk to taxi drivers/get directions or whatever else you need. The beds weren't the most comfortable, but I would stay here again nonetheless.

I miss being there. I want to come back. Next time...

Hello and thanks for y our stay.we hope see you again

Good location and friendly helpful staff. The prices are starting to get high especially in the summer months. Coffee is expensive but the breakfast is reasonabley priced.

Hello and thanks for your stay.

The showers seemed few for me. Good food, I have never been in a hostel that had restaurant included. But I felt atmosphere a little bit poor

Hello and thanks for your stay.We already fixed the shower.The day you stayed here is weekdays,so a little bit quiet here.

the staff were very friendly and helpful had a lovely stay, we stayed as a family and was very accommodating for us with children, lovely local places to eat out.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hello and thanks for your stay our hostel. In the future, we committed to offer fully and premium service to our customers. We hope that you hava a good trip, and see you next time.

The staff were great, spoke excellent English for us and went out of their way to help us, even going so far as to double check the tour we booked wasn't a scam. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends. Thank you!

Hello and thanks for your stay,We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here.Hope you enjoy your trip all round the world

Good place. We arrived at 2:30 am, and staff were there at the reception. Very welcoming and helping! Rooms are clean and quiet, but expensive. But for Beijing, it is a good value ! Just be careful to scams around...

• 26th Jun 2015

Hello and thanks for your stay.Hope you can stay longer here.

this is the best hostel Ive ever been to so far. it is located in a narrow hutong, which is very traditional Beijing Style, 10 minutes walking distance to a subway station. I lived in a mixed four-people dorm, the dormmates are all very friendly and quiet. there is a pretty awesome bar next to lounge room, you can meet new people, talking about your travels and lives. all staff speak english.

• 25th Jun 2015