Saga Youth Hostel Reviews

No,9 Shijia Hutong, Nanxiaojie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

This hostel was pretty nice. Good location, safe area, baggage storage, clean rooms. The shared bathrooms weren't the cleanest they could be, notably the shower curtain could be cleaned more. I wish there was more communal space. There is a balcony you can use when it's warm, but during the cold months, there's only a bar area that you need to buy from to sit there.

Thanks for your review,We will try our best to clean the room and you can sit in the bar without buying anything. By the way,our balcony at the outside,it is really cold in the winter,but it's will be nicer in the summer.Lookingn forward to seeing you next time.

I like this hostel because the location is very nice,and cleanliness so good.

Great! No problems at all with the hostel!

In one room there was a window to the corridor that couldn't close, this was a bit inconvenient cause we couldn't leave any valuable stuff in the room then

The room was a little cool

Nice, basic hostel, especially for the cheap price. However, the wifi is not working half of the time and extremely slow, even for chinese standards. The double room next to the window is very noisy at night due to the aircos outside.

• 5th Nov 2014

Great hostel, especially for those who are traveling to China for the first time. The staff all speak English very well and can help you with almost anything. The location is great, situated in a quiet hutong area but also close to the subway. I really enjoyed my stay here!

Great atmosphere, good staff, good beer, poor wifi.

TThe stuff was really friendly. They gave us a four bed room although we booked a eight bed dorm. It was nicely clea and provided free shower gel and shampoo. Less thean ten minutes to the subway.

Really nice rooms with privacy curtains and personal lights. Nice showers. Down a cute, quiet street. Easy walk to train. Helpful staff. Not great common space. There is a restaurant but since you just sit at your own table its not a good way to meet people.

The hostel was very clean and cheap. However I felt that it wasn't the best hostel for meeting other people and I had much more fun meeting people at the sister hostel the Dragon King.

• 27th Oct 2014

A good choice for Beijing, stayed here twice. Serves western food only but plenty of local places close by. Comfortable beds and good privacy. Easy to find from subway station. A couple of couches wouldn't go astray in the common area! Staff on a whole friendly and helpful

Thought it was great! A bit south of the hutongs I wanted to visit but still a very convenient location, would stay there again.

• 23rd Oct 2014

I highly recommend this hostel for several reasons: the entire place is clean, the staff is friendly, it is centrally located to the major attractions in Beijing, and it is inexpensive.

I stayed at saga Youth for 4 days and had an overall good stay.The staff were helpful in answering my questions and explaining directions for sites I wanted to visit. I did the Jinshangli Great wall tour offered at the hostel which was good; would have been good to know the included "english tour guide" does not actually go to the wall with you; the guide gives a short overview of the wall on the bus ride (5 hours with traffic) and waits at the entrance. Still loved the emptiness of it!

• 19th Oct 2014

The hostel is quite nice, the service we received by the staff was partially good, it was not good in their restaurant area there it was a very bad service.

Saga hostel is a great hostel to stay in. It’s located close to a subway stop, walk distance of Forbidden City (30 min) and a big shopping street called Wangfuijing (10 min). Close to the hostel there are a few places to eat for very cheap. Also the roof is amazing, it is allowed to sit up the roof and you can order from there all different kinds of drinks and food. The only thing you should be aware of that this hostel has also many privates room. Half of the people are couples or families, wh

Great hostel! Clean, friendly staff, good environment, nice food, good location. I would highly recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Peru

I don't normally leave a review but this place is so awesome I have to recommend it to everyone. If you are looking for a place close to city center in a nice mix neighborhood and walking distance to metro station, the location can't be beat. The cafe is awesome and the happy hour always draw a crowd. Lots of people from all over the world and very friendly staffs. Highly recommend booking the Great Wall tour with the hostel!

• 3rd Oct 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel very much. It was a good place to rest which was the main reason for my stay there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5